PDA

View Full Version : New Skill And Interface Changes!

phantombmx
05-31-2006, 12:22 PM
bad bad for a few of my srl procs :/

This week sees the release of our biggest and most anticipated update this year: player-owned houses. No longer must RuneScape members wander the world endlessly, never being able to sit down or have a place to call their own. Members can build their houses and make furniture using the new Construction skill. Start by building a cottage with a few chairs around a fire, and add rooms and gain levels until you have your own palace. Some pieces of furniture will unlock new abilities, magic spell tablets, and even chairs you can sit down in. This incredible update features over 20 rooms, 330 pieces of furniture, 11 new NPCs, 12 dungeon monsters, craftable toys, new armour and shields, trophy rooms, tool racks, different architectural styles, butlers and a whole host of new games to play with your house guests!
Basic houses, rooms and furniture are priced cheaply enough so that most members will be able to afford somewhere to live. We have also made lots of features for our more opulent players to be able to show off their wealth. If you get your construction level high enough and you're rich enough you can build an entire dungeon to challenge your friends, you might even be able to add your own dragon to it! Or how about a throne room? - with a throne of crystal!
Fancy a change of scene? As you go up levels your house can be rebuilt in completely different designs ranging from the Rimmington “Shack” look, the Rellekkan Longhall and the Brimhaven Beach-house.
To start you must buy a small house from any of the estate agents in Seers' Village (north-west of the bank), Falador (between the furnace and the east bank), Ardougne (west of the eastern bank) or Varrock (east of the castle).
A full guide to the skill can be found in the Knowledge Base (http://kbase.runescape.com/lang/en/aff/runescape/viewcategory.ws?cat_id=876). Open the door to your new “home from home” today!
Note - we were originally going to call this skill "Carpentry", but the range of activities involved in the skill soon got much bigger than that title, so we widened it to "Construction".
Please be aware that the Tears of Guthix (http://kbase.runescape.com/lang/en/aff/runescape/viewarticle.ws?article_id=2346) will not give Construction xp for a while. The god Guthix, in his immortal wisdom, does not wish to pry into your home so soon.

Spky
05-31-2006, 01:11 PM
Got my house :).

inferno
05-31-2006, 01:29 PM
Got mine, I was expecting it to cost loads but it's only 1k. :)

Rictoo
05-31-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm not a member *cries*

Avaphi
05-31-2006, 02:55 PM
wow thats awesome I have been waiting for this for awile !... Time to make a carpentry script :rolleyes:

Keen
05-31-2006, 03:35 PM
Man that isn't good for SRL =(

why not, it's no biggie really?
Srl just needs a lick of paint and it'll be back to it's normall good self. :p :rolleyes:

c0de
05-31-2006, 04:35 PM
http://82.92.130.193/forums/showthread.php?p=18966#post18966

leader
05-31-2006, 05:42 PM
I need to become a member again to buy a house. If you die do you respawn back at your house?

Brown
05-31-2006, 06:04 PM
I was waiting for this update since 2002 when it was announced to come in the "near future". I see they meant 4 years by "Near Future".

leader
05-31-2006, 07:17 PM
I think they should have made a better skill. Construction seems lame to me.

The Un-Named
05-31-2006, 10:06 PM
I think they should have made a better skill. Construction seems lame to me.

Considering you don't get randoms(needs confirming...) in your houses it makes it the PERFECT place for doing your autoing needs in...

leader
05-31-2006, 11:25 PM
What can you auto in the house?

Spky
06-01-2006, 12:22 AM
What can you auto in the house?

You can get tress to chop, monsters to fight and of course train construction. This has really got me back into Runescape :).

Cheesehunk
06-01-2006, 12:30 AM
Considering you don't get randoms(needs confirming...) in your houses it makes it the PERFECT place for doing your autoing needs in...
You do get randoms...

I just got an evil chicken as I went to plant a tree..
I lagged, lost connection, and died, but I respawned outside the portal with all my items intact!:)

But it will be an autoing haven, no one can report you because you are alone, you don't have to talk...

It will be awesome, for high leveled people in the new skill!

YoHoJo
06-01-2006, 12:42 AM
carpenty is kinda gay.
requires too many things.
owel
that is all

Spky
06-01-2006, 01:26 AM
Most spell positions have changed due to "Teleport To House".

SubiN
06-02-2006, 05:00 AM
i wish i was member = MAKE ME MEMBER !

Pyro
06-02-2006, 05:26 AM
i wish i was member = MAKE ME MEMBER !

Liek 0ok liek wa1T 0n3 s3c plox. In other words buy a pin and hope like hell you dont get scammed.

I started construction but it just seemed lame to me. To hard to get up levels.

mr. pali
06-02-2006, 06:52 AM
Construction SUCKS. RuneScape SUCKS. Autoing kicks ASS.

imafatmess
06-02-2006, 10:26 AM
I don't really like construction. I ended up spending 200k just to get to level 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And that was all my money wasted in one go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Un-Named
06-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Construction SUCKS. RuneScape SUCKS. Autoing kicks ASS.

Go take your owned sorry little ass and read the 7 golden rules of autoing. :rolleyes:

I don't really like construction. I ended up spending 200k just to get to level 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And that was all my money wasted in one go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used 40k getting to level 14 and was being an ass and messing about so it could of been cheaper. :rolleyes:

Brown
06-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Autoing inside your house would be useless everyone. Maybe an auto fencing thing where you have it running on 2 computer, but other than that, nothing.

The house trees arent even chopable.