PDA

View Full Version : Being combat lvl over 5

Sir R. M8gic1an
08-11-2007, 01:24 PM
i think this is a good idea, a lil function/ procedure to check your combat lvl and only run the rest of the script if your over a certain combat lvl. it comes back to what fawaki said about respecting runescape and not autoing massively with low lvl accounts. by introducing this into the scripts the people who didn't even bother to learn the sligtest lil bit of scar scripting wont be able to use it if they're low lvl (5)

i'd script this, but eing new i don't know it by heart and since im not home i dont have access to what i need. :)

Hugolord
08-11-2007, 01:25 PM
i think this is a good idea, a lil function/ procedure to check your combat lvl and only run the rest of the script if your over a certain combat lvl. it comes back to what fawaki said about respecting runescape and not autoing massively with low lvl accounts. by introducing this into the scripts the people who didn't even bother to learn the sligtest lil bit of scar scripting wont be able to use it if they're low lvl (5)

i'd script this, but eing new i don't know it by heart and since im not home i dont have access to what i need. :)

yes i agree ,a global var to get 20 combat AT LEAST

Santa_Clause
08-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Erm...

procedure TerminateIfLowCombat;
begin
if (GetCombat < 5) then
begin
WriteLn('Low Combat Level');
TerminateScript;
end;
end;

Plus...we can't use autofighters if we had that variable...

Hugolord
08-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Erm...

begin
if (GetCombat < 5) then
begin
TerminateScript;
end;
end;

nvm *sigh*

Korbman
08-11-2007, 02:52 PM
I don't think it's exactly out of the question yet. Think about it...what SRL resources does an autofighter use compared to the miners or woodcutters? You could still have the "Low lvl" combat function. For example: the mining SRL function would call the low lvl function to test to see if the lvl was high enough, but because the autofighter doesn't use the mining function it would still work. Now remember, I'm not talking about the SCAR program doing this...it would be all in the SRL. I'm not sure I explained this correctly, but if you have any questions just ask.

kaustav_002
08-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Yes we should get summilion to put it into his vyc. Im getting really tired of those lvl 3s saying random things and .'s .

Harry
08-11-2007, 03:41 PM
cough SKy Scripter's Mining Guild miner has that in it cough

n3ss3s
08-11-2007, 04:04 PM
-.- Its not so hard, so why doesnt everyone just make one in their scripts...
The idea of one in SRL is good, but SRL is tried to be small as possible to make it faster..

And, even noobs can find that kind of snippet easy, there could be made a better system, dealin with strings used and made by the script... Like:

EDIT: Oh, I wont show you it because this is free forum so noobs would know what it looks like. Sorry, will be in the members section.

Sir R. M8gic1an
08-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Erm...

begin
if (GetCombat < 5) then
begin
TerminateScript;
end;
end;

of course i don't mean it for the autofighters, and there should be a way for pures. for example a pure ranger lvl30 would have a low combat lvl, but still be able to use the script.

n3ss3s
08-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Autofighters dont need it because autofighters (like taras chicken killer and goblin cheduler) are used for getting the combat up from 3

rader720
08-11-2007, 09:02 PM
its actually a good idea but like with all scripts using srl, the functions and procedures used in the script arecompletely up to the scripter. but it would be cool to put it into some scripts and possibly find a way to incript it o.0 no clue how but like anyone could read through and find a way to change it if its in there. hmm o well i dont have to worry bout it lol my army is 35+ cb :P

TheSantaMan
08-27-2007, 06:31 AM
well i mean i don't think it would be that hard. U would just have to make it a bit tricky enough so noobs can't change it or whatever...

(spend 10 seconds on this cut me a break)
this would take a few plugins but would be worthy in the end.

procedure NoNoobs;
begin
FindScriptID;
If Combat < 5 then;
TerminateScript
end;
end.

So basicly what happens is the procedure finds the script Identification number. Then if that script takes a lvl requirement then it will know whether or not to terminate script. So that way u can use it for auto fighters and all scripts :stirthepot: kinda a basic idea but i think it would work :P