PDA

View Full Version : saving as .php HELP!

dialeyj2
08-11-2007, 07:48 PM
i am trying to learn php so i was looking in a tutorial and it says you can just save as a .php file. but when i did that it saved as Picture It! Premium. :fiery: :mad: :( WTF! how should i fix this?

Hugolord
08-11-2007, 07:49 PM
save it in notepad .php ,as all files

dialeyj2
08-11-2007, 07:51 PM
it's still the same problem :(
the only thing i can think of is to uninstall Picture It! but it's my mom's program :(

~alex~
08-11-2007, 08:55 PM
try savin it as .php then type the path to it into your address bar in a web browser.

Also have you installed php?

Starblaster100
08-11-2007, 09:06 PM
save it as a php and then right click, open with.

dialeyj2
08-11-2007, 09:42 PM
try savin it as .php then type the path to it into your address bar in a web browser.

Also have you installed php?

Maybe that's the problem: I installed it but I don't think it's the right program because... well it's just messed up, it looks like command prompt, and in the start menu it doesn't have the actual program, it just has the read-me thing that opens in notepad.

Can you give me a good link to PHP?

~alex~
08-11-2007, 10:33 PM
www.php.net

Its only a command prompt anyways.

Bobarkinator
08-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Maybe that's the problem: I installed it but I don't think it's the right program because... well it's just messed up, it looks like command prompt, and in the start menu it doesn't have the actual program, it just has the read-me thing that opens in notepad.

Then you have it correct but if you want an IDE to write PHP download EasyEclipse (www.easyeclipse.org) which is widely used to write Java but has plugins for just about every language so you can get the PHP plugin (http://www.easyeclipse.org/site/plugins/phpeclipse.html) and with a little learning you can easily write and test php scripts.

BTW do you have apache?

dialeyj2
08-12-2007, 12:27 AM
No, I don't have apache. Isn't it some kind of configurer or something?

And if it's just a command prompt then this tutorial just got a lot more confusing.

Bobarkinator
08-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Apache is so you can test scripts from your local host instead of uploading everything to a server. You can download it at www.apache.org I think and search google for a tut on how to install it.

cathering_
08-13-2007, 04:41 PM
I used to have picture it i think it uses .php files as its file extendion