PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to help me out? (testers, programmers, and more!)

TravisV10
08-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Hello everyone,

I am working on a new project/site that I call V10 Opinions. It is a site where you can share what you feel about things. (thus the word, opinion! :D ) Its is almost close to being close to being in a somewhat presentable beta version. :redface: Anyway, have you ever been to, lets say, a fast food restaurant and they took an hour to get your food to you and it tasted like crap. Or, have you ever had a bad internet or television service that breaks down a lot and the support team sucks? Then you can tell the public about it here at my newest site. This way, companies may then try to better themselves and the people can learn what to buy/use beforehand.

I need some testers to sign up and login. Also, some people to submit a random opinion at the categories section. Please, be open minded and search through the links. :) I just need some help with seeing how it works and what is easy/not easy to understand.

Here is the link: v10opinions.com (http://v10opinions.com/)

I hope that mods don't mind me posting this. I have no ads or anything on the site yet, so it is totally non profitable for now.

Thank you to anyone who does visit the site and gives me some feedback. I am still learning php and mysql. If all ya'll programmers want to see some of the codes, I would be more then happy to reveal some!

Oh, before I forget, V10 stands for my last name I have 11 letters in my last name so the first one is V then there are 10 more. (thus v10!) :D

Thanks again!

~Trav :bart:

Hugolord
08-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Hello everyone,

I am working on a new project/site that I call V10 Opinions. It is a site where you can share what you feel about things. (thus the word, opinion! :D ) Its is almost close to being close to being in a somewhat presentable beta version. :redface: Anyway, have you ever been to, lets say, a fast food restaurant and they took an hour to get your food to you and it tasted like crap. Or, have you ever had a bad internet or television service that breaks down a lot and the support team sucks? Then you can tell the public about it here at my newest site. This way, companies may then try to better themselves and the people can learn what to buy/use beforehand.

I need some testers to sign up and login. Also, some people to submit a random opinion at the categories section. Please, be open minded and search through the links. :) I just need some help with seeing how it works and what is easy/not easy to understand.

Here is the link: v10opinions.com (http://v10opinions.com/)

I hope that mods don't mind me posting this. I have no ads or anything on the site yet, so it is totally non profitable for now.

Thank you to anyone who does visit the site and gives me some feedback. I am still learning php and mysql. If all ya'll programmers want to see some of the codes, I would be more then happy to reveal some!

Oh, before I forget, V10 stands for my last name I have 11 letters in my last name so the first one is V then there are 10 more. (thus v10!) :D

Thanks again!

~Trav :bart:

why would the companies care?

TravisV10
08-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Spot Reserved.

EDIT: Dangit hugolord! You beat me :D !

Companies may care if the site gets popular. And it is mostly for users etc. to decide what to use/buy or not to use/buy. (I said that in the message. Please read more carefully! XD )

~Trav

P.S. I like your sig! It kept me entertained! :D

Hugolord
08-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Spot Reserved.

EDIT: Dangit hugolord! You beat me :D !

Companies may care if the site gets popular. And it is mostly for users etc. to decide what to use/buy or not to use/buy. (I said that in the message. Please read more carefully! XD )

~Trav

P.S. I like your sig! It kept me entertained! :D

oh right and thanks finally someone spotted my sig ;p

TravisV10
08-12-2007, 07:57 PM
oh right and thanks finally someone spotted my sig ;p

rofl. yah, its a funny sig. :)

cathering_
08-13-2007, 04:51 PM
Confirm password and email maybe ? :P
I entered Jiberish for my email (jftngrkmgkr) It didet validate it :L
then i did a space for my location :s

Maybe a checkbox to if it should show up the email in the profile?

wired16
08-13-2007, 05:18 PM
reged with the username Admin lol and when you reg.. you should not show the pass when reging... and make it comfirm password... case they mess up

TravisV10
08-13-2007, 08:44 PM
k. how do u 2 suppose that I do that? My host does not support SMTP. The user register is simple for now, I will update later.

wired16
08-13-2007, 09:23 PM
not sure.. everything is in php idk php ... i know html (sorta)

cathering_
08-15-2007, 04:03 AM
Use simple Regular expressions to validate the Location?([a-zA-Z])