PDA

View Full Version : Autoing Strategy and Getting Setup

IEatJ00erBaybees
08-18-2007, 12:20 AM
THE END!

...OK, not really.

Autoing Strategy and Getting Setup Guide

About Me + The Guide
Alright, well I have always been a freak about making money. I don't know why, I'm probably just greedy. So I checked one day for some odd reason on eBay and found Runescape gold for sale. This was back in Late-August 2005. So I tried playing this game, for the sole purpose of making money. Then, my friend and I heard about macroing, and searched everywhere. This eventually brought me here.

Now I've always been wondering ways how to make money with Runescape macroing and I've come upon some.

How Can I Macro?
Well, you can't pull a macro out of thin air. You'll have to go to

www.freddy1990.com/scar.php

Click on that big shiny lime-green button that tells you to download SCAR 3.11. Follow the instructions. Installing the default options will do fine. Now let's load up the program. Now, you're probably thinking: "This program looks uber confusing.". Well, I'm going to help you through it.

The first time you enter the program, a box will probably pop up asking if you want to download the latest SRL and includes. Click yes. The includes don't need to be downloaded, but that's OK.

For future reference, to download SRL next time you open the program, click File >> Download SRL. It's about 8 choices down.

Yay! Program (CHECK). Players to macro on? Uhh..
It's time to make your army of macroers! One macroer won't fare very well, as SRL can't yet solve every random event.

Hit up Runescape.com, click Create a Player and start creating players, buddy! Now don't use any bull*hit names. No 034898343b3948 crap. Have something more like RedSoxFan23 or Alba_Lover987. Write down all the names and passwords. Make about 5-10 people. About 6 should be perfect for now.

Now, I'm personally lazy, so I used Nielsie's Tutorial Island Runner (http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7989). Download that and hold it there! :P

How to Macro
Here's a picture of the program and what everything does. I will explain it further down.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4526/scarpicturejl2.png

New - Starts a new blank script.
Open - Opens a script from your computer. (Like opening a Word Document that you saved)
Open From Web - It's not really necessary. That's why I've X'd it out.
Save - Save the script.
Copy, Paste, Zoom, etc.. - Self-Explainitory. If you don't know how to copy and paste..:google:
Add tab, Close tab - Allows you to view several scripts at once without having to open up a ton of windows. Keep in mind, you cannot play more than one script on the same computer.
Run, Pause, Stop - Click these to either Run the script (this will start the macro) Pause the script (this will pause the macro), and stop the script. (This will terminate the macro)
Color Picker - Allows you to pick a pixel and return it's color.
Window Targetter - Click and drag this onto the Runescape screen that you play on. It'll target that part of the screen.

Alright, now that you know what all the buttons do, we can start a script! Now you should have Nielsie's Tut Runner open. Let's scroll down, you notice those numbers on the left hand side...those are the line numbers. Let's go to Line 72.

These are called CONSTANTS. You set them to what you want, and the script does what you fill in for them. These are fine for what they are.

Now let's go to Line 100.

Around 100, you should see a line saying HowManyPlayers := 4;.

We're going to use 3 players. So let's backspace on 4, and type in a 3.

Now beneath that a little bit, it says Players[0].Name := '';
Inside those ', type in one of the players' you created names. Underneath, type in it's password. NOTE: SCAR does NOT * out your password. Keep it out of view from friends and family. Do that for 2 more players.

Oh wait, there's 1 more slot left. Well it doesn't matter if I don't leave it in..then SCAR knows I'm not using it...WRONG. You have to delete the extra players. So let's select that extra players name and password line and click backspace. Now the last line in that setup should be Players[2].Pass := 'yourpasswordhere';

Don't touch anything else on the script. We're ready to get rolling! If you read the directions, Line 1-62, you will find some information. You can quickly read that and we'll get started.

Now, what we're going to do is drag the Windows Targetter (<--- Owww my eyes) onto the Runescape screen. A box should shrink down to the screen. Make sure the entire runescape screen is clickable and showing when you do this. Start the script logged out and click Play. That's the green-sideways-triangle.

Repeat this for every player that you created and you will be rocking and rolling off of Tut Island. Don't forget to give Nielsie your progress reports that will show up in those 2 boxes at the bottom! :)

[B]Strategy Time!
Now, is where you may be splitting paths.
You can either:

Make money from a skills RECOMMENDED
Make pures to sell on Sythe (Sythe..EWW) (using autofighters)
Think up other ways to macro money :P

Now don't forget, pures can make a lot of money, but I just wouldn't want to get into Sythe trading, so I'd go with make money from skills.

Now, a macro will be easily caught if he's level 3-10 with a Rune Pick at the essence mine with default clothes on. When I see a Level 40 with full addy and a rune pick, I think he's a legit player. So hit the fighting section (http://www.srl-forums.com/forum/fighting-f187.html) to level your players up to about 40.

Once your 6 players are level 40. Start training them with ANY SCRIPT YOU CAN IMAGINE! (http://www.srl-forums.com/forum/srl-free-scripts-f109.html). I suggest Woodcutting, Mining, or Runecrafting scripts. Those make the most money. Now don't forget to do Rune Mysteries, or use Zephyr's Rune Mysteries Quester (http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14023) if you are going to be Runecrafting. You can now develop your money making strategy.

Don't forget, once you've made some geepees to buy your army some armor to make you even less apt to a ban!

I would also strongly suggest a banker to hold all your money and goods on. Don't forget when trading to make the trade a little more even by throwing in a few buckets or ropes or gp and having one of the runescape screens on unsigned.

Have a Good Time.
Always post progress reports and give feedback for scripts.
Happy Macroing!

Now..tis..The End.

Sebo
08-18-2007, 12:53 AM
Good job, plain and simple... ;P

TheGuyWhoGotOn
08-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Good job. However I have a suggestion, in that part where they are creating their accounts, you should tell them to change the clothing and make a normal name.

hardman
08-18-2007, 12:56 PM
y not

The Element
08-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Good job for explaining scar!

Thanks!

TheGuyWhoGotOn
08-18-2007, 09:54 PM
y not

Why not what?

IEatJ00erBaybees
08-19-2007, 01:34 PM
Good job. However I have a suggestion, in that part where they are creating their accounts, you should tell them to change the clothing and make a normal name.

Nielsie's Tut Runner doesn't work if you pick the clothes, I'm pretty sure.

That's a good idea about the names. Thanks.

I B X R
08-20-2007, 01:06 AM
Nice guide, but I'm still having trouble running the script. I filled out all the names and deleted the extra player like you said to, but when I try to run, it says Failed when Compiling

polka power
09-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Do all scripts depend on the clothing you wear, or jus that one someoen was talking about earlier?

Camaro
09-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Wow, turns out I was using the old scar. :P this made me know theres a new version. Thanks!

Xeroz
09-03-2007, 10:57 PM
I like how you added the whole, lvl 40 in addy & stuff i started doing taht awhile ago with lvl 30s

reedliink
09-04-2007, 12:25 AM
just wondering when you make more chars is there a way to make more then one auto at a time on the same comp. Noob question probaly but can some1 answer?
And good guide :P

lalabi
09-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Omg i keep seeing this permission posts.

Could any 1 tell me when i have permission to see them???

IEatJ00erBaybees
09-08-2007, 10:57 PM
@lalabi: You have to be a Jr Member..I added that in that PM.

@Reedliink: You can, but you must have a virtual machine. (http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1696?t=2061)

@Polka: Not at all, I just recommend it. Obviously, a Level 3 walking around bald and in the green top and pants is very obvious that you macro.

Mr beat
09-13-2007, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the tips,

IEatJ00erBaybees
09-15-2007, 05:55 PM
No prob, Mr. Beat. Glad I could help :)

AsainOwnz
09-16-2007, 07:23 PM
thanks for the help :D

toxicf
09-23-2007, 05:33 AM
maybe you should suggest cloths like wizard robes or monk's instead of addy since they are lighter an real players wear them too

PwNZoRNooB
09-23-2007, 07:21 AM
This is good for the beginners. :)

Hasslarn
09-24-2007, 02:11 PM
nice guide man

predalienrunner
10-11-2007, 09:09 AM

and lol about the warning about trading on sythe.

P1nky
10-11-2007, 11:08 AM
quite ez and well explained GREAT JOB

Shadowblitz
10-21-2007, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the guide

omg...
10-21-2007, 12:35 AM
cool :D
just kind the tut i've been waiting for,cant wait till i can acces those scipts xD

M3talhe4d
10-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Short and sweet, thanks

ZaSz
10-21-2007, 06:57 PM
I think this will really help beginners! Thanks for posting

eagle finish
11-10-2007, 09:29 AM
Great tut.

meme
11-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Thanks for this guide, best one I've read on SRL Forums yet :D

aeonity
11-20-2007, 08:43 PM
Thanks a lot for this great tut. But 6 players to lvl 40 is that really neccessary? would lvl 20-30 be enough? Less time wasted combating = more time skilling = more money =)

Aeonity

IEatJ00erBaybees
12-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Thanks a lot for this great tut. But 6 players to lvl 40 is that really neccessary? would lvl 20-30 be enough? Less time wasted combating = more time skilling = more money =)

Aeonity

I'm back from a 3 month break or so.

Well it depends.

For me:

Less Bans = Less Money
So if I get 20-30 w/ a rune pickaxe only mining essence all day, that's likely to get banned. But a person w/ full rune doing this at level 50 will NEVER get banned.

Dracody
12-18-2007, 07:29 AM
thats simple , hehe , you should also talk about the clothes not to make em with plain clothes, still, nice guide

B00M HEADSHOT!
02-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Dear User,
Your post count has been reset on account of your mass of spam posts. Please take the time to read this thread before posting again.
http://www.srl-forums.com/forum/images/satellite/buttons/expand.gif http://www.srl-forums.com/forum/images/satellite/misc/sticky.gif http://www.srl-forums.com/forum/images/satellite/statusicon/lastupost.gif (http://www.srl-forums.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=lastupost&t=20056) Sticky: Attention Spammers and Leechers... (http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18341)
http://www.srl-forums.com/forum/images/satellite/rating/rating_5.gif RAM

Cheers,
Hobbit.

It is quite annoying

Works well

Good guide

grazies

Does it work for rev 13?

im gonna try it

Not working for me :(

Good tut

Good guide

Helpful:f:

Assassin666
02-19-2008, 05:49 PM
nice guide :D but whats the maxtime to auto on a character?

God of Draynor
02-19-2008, 11:58 PM
maybe you should suggest cloths like wizard robes or monk's instead of addy since they are lighter an real players wear them too
I found that macros wearing mismatched clothes that really clash tend to get reported less than the macros wearing a certain set of something.:p(nonetheless great advice!!!)

ribsauce
02-23-2008, 03:11 AM
makes a lot of sense
but lvl 40 is high, you think i could pull it off with 20s?

Petabanana
02-23-2008, 04:39 AM
i think it would work

markkinen
11-02-2008, 10:16 AM
why i cant download nielsies tut runner?

vzlarik
11-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Nice guide bro

Yoast
11-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Great guide, quite usefull for beginners like myself

nimo
11-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks =D

Pick
11-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Nice guide.

Xtragicx
02-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Ty for the help made life a bit easier lol.