PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars

Ejjman
08-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Well, I'm curious if anyone else plays Guild Wars...

I have all three of the campaigns, and I think I might buy GW:EN. But I just bought Prophecies so I don't know.

IMO, I think the game is better than WoW, because of a few reasons. After playing WoW, it takes forever to lvl up to the max 60/70, and Guild Wars max lvl is 20. Also, WoW doesn't really allow too much change in your character, you just lvl up and stick a point somewhere. (After lvl 10, of course.) Guild Wars, you can change your skills over and over, to what you want to try and see what works for you. WoW and Guild Wars both allow saving of the skills in your bar, yet WoW only allows (8?) while in Guild Wars, you can have unlimited "Templates" for your characters. In Guild Wars, you get your own private copy of the map, which is pretty sweet when doing missions, and is just overall better IMO. And, we cannot forget, NO MONTHLY FEE is a great advantage to Guild Wars, for the game is great by itself! :D

Discuss.

Harry
08-22-2007, 09:12 PM
RS for meh :D

tpm1164
08-22-2007, 09:27 PM
i love gw but right now my comp that i ran it on broke, but ya, i have all three prochecies and all 6 of my char's are lvl 20. the new gw looks awesome! =P

Ejjman
08-22-2007, 09:51 PM
Its a expansion, an excuse for them to leave out some new professions, which leaves me pissed. But meh, I guess more skills is good. I have Ranger/Assasin 20, Necro/Monk 20. I beat NF, at Boreas Seabed in Factions, Just bought Prophecies...So cool. Maybe we can totally party together >:)

darky
08-22-2007, 09:56 PM
I, for one think differently. Many people like different types of gameplay, I enjoy leveling up above my rivals and making a great guild to lead and aim to make it the most known in my realm.. The price, seeing as 8mil+ people playing it doesn't seem to be a problem and there must be a reason people pay so much to play- the answer to that is, well..It's a great game with vast areas to explore and a great quest or 2 to explore!

Also, what could be better than joining up with the latest raid group of level 70's and wrecking havoc on the enemy's city! The blood and bones on the ground just make you feel like you were part of something big! Again, I bring up the debate about levels..Oh sure it sounds to be mighty fun with all the players being the same level on guild wars! "Ooh i'm different!" But on WoW you can work hard and accomplish wat fewer people have and be the envy of many!

Well I think this is all I have to say, sorry if you don't understand it because i'm tired lol.. Have fun with the disussion :p

~darky~