PDA

View Full Version : Goal: SRL Members by Christmas (December or September)

TravisV10
08-23-2007, 01:37 AM
Alright, my goal is to get into SRL Members by September or Christmas.

Once SRL 4.0 comes out I am going to make a fresh script. I have not scripted in a while and over the past 2-3 months. I have learned a little Delphi, Java, and C++, BUTT-LOADS of PHP, how to not flame, and help people more. I have made it into KYAB and I am a Dev their now. I am ready to make an awesome script and get into members!

I almost got in once, but I decided to not come back to the forums (biggest mistake of my SRL experience) and then I came back, stopped, reapplied with same script, and now I am going to make an amazing script. :D

What I need:

-Advice on script ideas, how I could make more people like meh (my main problem XD) :stirthepot:

Thank you very much!

-Travis

Oh... just so you know, I AM NOT asking for your vote. -.- I am merely asking for suggestions and tips! TY!

Starblaster100
08-23-2007, 08:51 AM
Glad to see you are enthusiastic about it.

Its not really about what script you make, its about how you make it and what you include. Remember to include all things which SRL scripts usually have: Multiplayer support, antirandoms, antiban, failsafes, breaking out of potential infinite loops etc.

TravisV10
08-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Glad to see you are enthusiastic about it.

Its not really about what script you make, its about how you make it and what you include. Remember to include all things which SRL scripts usually have: Multiplayer support, antirandoms, antiban, failsafes, breaking out of potential infinite loops etc.

My last script had all of that, forms, and more! :(

n3ss3s
08-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Yeah... He got denied last time because of attitude :p well Im sure you get in next time...

Dan Cardin
08-23-2007, 12:32 PM
woah christmas!?! r we gonna have a christmas party(if we dont already then there neeeeds to be 1!!!!)!?!

ok back to ur app.

u need to have all the required stuff, which is what everyone is going to tell u, but having extra stuff will be mucho helpful. also repetitivie things are bad.

and a script request huh? i think u should make a working nat/law/chaos maker ;), yep if u make a working 1 u should be accepted :p

RudeBoiAlex
08-23-2007, 01:01 PM
hmm include antirandoms antiban breaks out of infinte loops standards multiplayer ect like star said so maybe a good autofigter for somewere specific so u can include radialwalk(bigs up ur chances)

well gl wit hit :p

JuKKa
08-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Make a miner&banker! Theres never enough of them! :P

n3ss3s
08-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Lol Jukka :p

If you'd made Nat/Law/Chaos crafter you would be Godized... lol

TravisV10
08-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Im thinking tutorial island runner! :D

legendaryhero90
08-23-2007, 11:16 PM
good luck on your quest! :D

pwnaz0r
08-23-2007, 11:19 PM
Gl with this. if you check my tutorial, it will tell you some of the secrets o.O :P

WhiteShadow
08-23-2007, 11:23 PM
You have greater chances when the script is more original. People don't like seeing, // by Someoneotherthanme next to half of their functions.

Pyro
08-24-2007, 12:26 AM
Im thinking tutorial island runner! :D

eeek probably wouldnt like to push this on anyone if they arent really advanced in scripting. Although i have seen some good attempts from people i didnt expect. But yeah. Basically get ready for 20 scripts in one. since its wc, smelting, smithing, fighting, magic ,fishing etc etc its like everything :p

I reccomend something half original. I havnt seen a good air crafter in a lonnngggg time. Infact any good runecrafters. And dont make it kyab. People are still moaning about it being to easy.

Whiteshadow is right.. People dont like seeing //ripped from so and so.
Although this is sometimes needed.

Try and go for a medium script though, Dont set your sights to high or to low.

Infantry001
08-24-2007, 01:18 AM
Try a runecrafter, or a hill giant fighter!

TravisV10
08-24-2007, 01:23 AM
eeek probably wouldnt like to push this on anyone if they arent really advanced in scripting. Although i have seen some good attempts from people i didnt expect. But yeah. Basically get ready for 20 scripts in one. since its wc, smelting, smithing, fighting, magic ,fishing etc etc its like everything :p

I reccomend something half original. I havnt seen a good air crafter in a lonnngggg time. Infact any good runecrafters. And dont make it kyab. People are still moaning about it being to easy.

Whiteshadow is right.. People dont like seeing //ripped from so and so.
Although this is sometimes needed.

Try and go for a medium script though, Dont set your sights to high or to low.

Yeah. Actually, I decided to just update my Yew Cutter to a new name and PERFECTION! :garfield:

Santa_Clause
08-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Aww...I was about to request a script that would hack into SRL and make me a Developer.

TravisV10
08-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Aww...I was about to request a script that would hack into SRL and make me a Developer.

:D IM ON IT! XD