PDA

View Full Version : Sad Story...

WT-Fakawi
03-03-2006, 11:40 PM
This morning I read a very sad story in a Dutch Newspaper:

http://www.nieuwszicht.com/nieuws/01/03/2006/nederlandse-gamer-14-hangt-zichzelf-op-na-hackpoging

A 14 year old Dutch boy hang himself after being robbed of his RuneScape-account by his best friend. He left a note @ runescapecommunity:

http://www.nieuwszicht.com/wp-content/afscheidsbriefrunescapezelfmoord.jpg

I am very sad.

Voor Maarten:

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

http://hobbes.ncsa.uiuc.edu/desiderata.html

Sdcit
03-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Runescape has done this so much :(. Its hard to believe some people are so obsessed with the game. I hope people learn from this and that this never happens again :(

Bam Bam
03-04-2006, 12:46 AM
it will continue to happen because im sure jagex wont allow any mention to it and most people will not know where to find it

HISTORY
03-04-2006, 08:24 AM
the poor fool:(
lets avenge him by autoing the hell on runescape!

Sewoemio
03-04-2006, 12:58 PM
why u do that it is just a game.....:confused:

Never try that at home (kids) ;)

yes! no more leecher :D :D :D :D :D

HISTORY
03-04-2006, 01:41 PM
yes! no more leecher :D:D:D:D:D
why the happy face...you're a leecher:p

anyways that poor soul....

Mutant Squirrle
03-04-2006, 02:12 PM
dude I lost at least 150m in cash and another 50m + in items ... do I appear dead to you -_- god these kids that throw their lives away for some retarded pixels.

Example: OMG THEY SCAMMED MY RUNE AXE WAAAHHHH

how dumb can you be to get your axe scammed from you...... honestly

P.S. don't im your password to your friends :mad:

XxKanexX
03-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Aww, poor guy.

What did he loose? Liek, 2k?..

I'd never hang myself over someting so stupid -.-'

sppt
03-04-2006, 02:54 PM
@wt-fakawi: wow ik wist niet dat jij uit nl kwam :O

@the rest: this is really a sad story, but it's also stupid to hang yourself because of a game

Sewoemio
03-04-2006, 03:00 PM
btw

I thought he was about combat level 120-126.
but the poor guy "was" just lvl 90......
:(

*help dont now how to writh it* - I fixed it for you, Wizzup?

p.s. I got hacked 1 time by a friend and I am still alive :)

second post =)

Wizzup?
03-04-2006, 03:20 PM
I think the guy would've been a kinda high level, since he could easily start over again when he had just lost 2k....

Mutant Squirrle
03-04-2006, 03:30 PM
rofl fawk fawk look at me fawk

fawk hoe over deze drol im in het neuken van Nederlands pratend

hahahaha wonder who will read that and know what it says

moparisthebest
03-04-2006, 03:34 PM
Ive been scammed outta a few mils before, I was mad, but I took out my frustrations by writing some password stealing code for moparscape only if your username matches the 3 ppl that scammed me, then I felt better ;) :D

Wizzup?
03-04-2006, 06:22 PM

Fawk how to talk about this shit in fucking dutch talking?

Lol.. Thats what I made out of that

< is dutch

moparisthebest
03-05-2006, 03:17 AM
Fawk how to talk about this shit in fucking dutch talking?

Lol.. Thats what I made out of that

< is dutch

I had to use babelfish to read the article <3 babelfish ;) :D

Krazy_Meerkat
03-05-2006, 03:30 AM
This is sad.. He only lost a few mil but the point was that the rest of his life was crappy, the only thing he had left was his friends and they betrayed him to steal his stuff. I honestly never thought this would happen.. Getting scammed sucks worse than anything else in the world for a few days but you get over it.. If you don't have anything else to live for then getting scammed is the final straw I guess..
Poor kid..

Mutant Squirrle
03-05-2006, 03:35 AM
Life Lesson... make ur life not suck and dont lose ur mills cuz ur friends are gay

Wiz yeah close its Fawk i am talking about this shit in fucking dutch?

The Prince of Randomness?
03-05-2006, 03:40 AM
R.I.P
Thats pretty sad.

BenLand100
03-05-2006, 07:28 AM
Reminds me of that kid that sued Jagex for waisting like 2 years of his life... He won lol :D

Bam Bam
03-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Reminds me of that kid that sued Jagex for waisting like 2 years of his life... He won lol :D
Whoa thats awsome....how much did he get?

Renax
03-05-2006, 02:51 PM
on the risk of being framed insensitive heres my opinion,

it was the kid's own fault.

my reasoning,

first, i don't believe anything is worth killing yourself especially a game, it was his bad judgement in trusting his friends which got him scammed, but the bigger issue is his cowardness, his life 'sucked', so when he got scammed he decided to kill himself, which is one of the most selfish thing a person can possibly do.

he never thought about his family and even if he didn't believe it i'm sure he had friends of some sort that would care,most parents get divorced if a kid dies, he made his parents bury there child something that will forever haunt them and may lead them to believe they were bad parents because of his selfish-ness.

i also believe he was to weak, or to much of coward to do something about making life better, who knows he could have found the cure forcancer later in his life, but thanks to his weakness he took the easy way out and killed himself.

yes, i do believe killing yourself is the easy way out, to be honest you would suffer alot less if you died then if you lived your life to the full, if you kill yourself thats a end to all your problems, misery and burdens, but you'll hurt so many otherss and make there lifes even worse if you do, it's just plain selfish.

if you can throw something like life away so easily, you never deserved it in the first place, he went ahead and killed himself without hesitation, while children younger then him with cancer or another terminal/life threatening disease/injury are fighting through more then he ever had to go through just to keep breathing, those are the people that have earned the right to live, anyone who can kill themselves for any reason didn't deserve the life they wasted.

that's my 2 cents.

Mutant Squirrle
03-05-2006, 02:56 PM
*goes and commits suicide because renax made me all sad and shit...* YAY IM EASY.............................................. ..................................

moparisthebest
03-05-2006, 04:14 PM
on the risk of being framed insensitive heres my opinion,

it was the kid's own fault.

my reasoning,

first, i don't believe anything is worth killing yourself especially a game, it was his bad judgement in trusting his friends which got him scammed, but the bigger issue is his cowardness, his life 'sucked', so when he got scammed he decided to kill himself, which is one of the most selfish thing a person can possibly do.

he never thought about his family and even if he didn't believe it i'm sure he had friends of some sort that would care,most parents get divorced if a kid dies, he made his parents bury there child something that will forever haunt them and may lead them to believe they were bad parents because of his selfish-ness.

i also believe he was to weak, or to much of coward to do something about making life better, who knows he could have found the cure forcancer later in his life, but thanks to his weakness he took the easy way out and killed himself.

yes, i do believe killing yourself is the easy way out, to be honest you would suffer alot less if you died then if you lived your life to the full, if you kill yourself thats a end to all your problems, misery and burdens, but you'll hurt so many otherss and make there lifes even worse if you do, it's just plain selfish.

if you can throw something like life away so easily, you never deserved it in the first place, he went ahead and killed himself without hesitation, while children younger then him with cancer or another terminal/life threatening disease/injury are fighting through more then he ever had to go through just to keep breathing, those are the people that have earned the right to live, anyone who can kill themselves for any reason didn't deserve the life they wasted.

that's my 2 cents.

I actually pretty much agree with you on that renax ;) :D

Wizzup?
03-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Wiz yeah close its Fawk i am talking about this shit in fucking dutch?

Hoe = How
Over = About
Deze = this
Drol = Hard to explain.. let's call it shit.
In = In
Het = The
Neuken = fucking
Nederlands - Dutch
Pratend = Talking

Cheesehunk
03-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Reminds me of my friend who just recently died...:(

it wasn't suicide, she was one of the nicest person I have ever known...

She got hit by a train, and was killed instantly, it happened last sunday, that's why I haven't been active lately, I have been talking to friends on MSN, and stuff instead..

Sdcit
03-05-2006, 06:32 PM
this world is filled with so much death :( it makes you remember you must value life

Lorax
03-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Freakshow!

XxKanexX
03-05-2006, 08:34 PM
this world is filled with so much death :( it makes you remember you must value life
I swing of chandalears?..

Why value life when you can make the most of it while it lasts.. x.x;;

Renax
03-07-2006, 01:40 AM
kane, i believe that your last sentence contridicts itself.

you only really live life (make the most of it) if you value it.

Jag024
03-07-2006, 01:53 AM
I wish his family the best

Arkanor
03-07-2006, 05:13 AM
I'm sorry, but I can't bring up too much pity for that kid. He's STUPID. I mean, it's a freaking GAME. If he were smart he'd have sought out an autoing community. If he were REALLY smart he'd have escaped the game altogether.

EDIT: I just noticed that I have a subliminal message hidden in there, completely by accident.

Bam Bam
03-07-2006, 08:24 PM
I'm sorry, but I can't bring up too much pity for that kid. He's STUPID. I mean, it's a freaking GAME. If he were smart he'd have sought out an autoing community. If he were REALLY smart he'd have escaped the game altogether.

EDIT: I just noticed that I have a subliminal message hidden in there, completely by accident.
Yeah i found it too...and its about us;)

Cheesehunk
03-07-2006, 11:31 PM
Yeah i found it too...and its about us;)

I can't find it??

Can some one poitn me in the right direction?

Renax
03-08-2006, 01:07 AM
escape this game, it is a life ruiner, ruinlife is a more fitting name.

WhiteShadow
03-08-2006, 04:08 AM
Alot of people have different opinions of suicide. I think this way. When things get so bad sometimes just dying is better. You can just..dissapear that way I guess. But In this case I strongly feel that this kid was dumb. His head was full of shit. Such a loser. I have it way worse than him. I'm still doing what I got to do.

Bill Clinton "Lifes rough live with it......"

This kid should of talked to someone. His parents. Some parents never really show their love for their kidsbut inside there love is so full it can't be carried.

This was a stupid death.

~WhiteShadow

EDIT: Read a "Child Called It" < I thought this was kind of sad
"Cinderalla Story"< I thought it wasn't sad atall. Just pissed at her siblings. They should of been more united.

Krazy_Meerkat
03-08-2006, 04:24 AM
Geez, doesn't anyone respect the dead anymore?
I'll put it plain and simple. You didn't know this kid, you didn't know what his life was like, how his parents treated him, what he grew up with. You didn't know it, you have no right to call a dead boy names just because you think your life is worse than his was. Ok he is dead now, he isn't comming back. You are still alive, you probably have people that love you and care for you. Did this kid? Maybe the only reason his parents kept him alive was to collect government assistance. That may be going too far, or not far enough. Some people have to live aweful lives and I wouldn't want to swap places with them.
Think before you speak next time. Would you say that to his parents?
I think suicide usually hurts the people that love you in a way that cannot be repaired. I dislike the fact that it is an issue in our modern society but sometimes I wonder whether the kid is better off. Rape is usually a big factor in child suicides.

Could a mod please close this, we shouldn't dwell on the past too much..

The Un-Named
03-08-2006, 05:52 AM
RS just sucks now. I mention that a boy hung him self because he was scammed, what do I get? "lol" "lmao" "whata noob"

Flyboy
03-08-2006, 07:17 AM
Here is my 2 cents worth:

Suicide and depression are very real things that can be hard to fight off when you are attacked by them. Those who have never experienced these feelings will never be able to comprehend but should try realize its like a sickness or desease which has little to do with ones intelegence but needs treatment by professionals.

I just want to say, if any of you find yourself having similar thoughts and feelings, there are lots of options for you so don't think you are alone and beyond help... Even though you might think there is no reason to live, or your problems are worse than imaginable with no rescue in site... I gaurantee you time will cure most problems... No matter how bad it seems, in 5 years time you will hardly even remember what it was that is bugging you today.

Having said that, my advice to everyone facing these problems it to get help!!! Tell your doctor, school nurse, or principal, they all have access to resoruces that can help you get through this time.

The Un-Named
03-08-2006, 08:47 AM
I have very slight depression and that's bad at times. Can only imagine how hard it is with actually being diagonosed with it. :(

WT-Fakawi
03-08-2006, 09:30 AM
I guess we have all said want we wanted to say about this.

Thanks for your respectfull input guys!

Closed.