PDA

View Full Version : Trading with Virtual pc

Sjoe
06-08-2006, 10:46 AM
Sup,

I have recently downloaded virtual pc and installed windows xp pro.
I was checking the ipconfig on my virtual pc and the IP was different then my real one.

So would it be safe that I trade my stuff with an account on my virtual pc and the real one?
Cause the IP's are totally differents or will there be something else that stops me?

Thx :)

Sjoe
06-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Hmm, my IP's or totally different lol. ooh well I'll proxy then.
But eum what windows do you use? I use xp pro and it lags like hell. I need to use like 200 mb ram. But it's too much for my pc too handle.

So I need something better then windows xp :d

tarajunky
06-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Since you've successfully set up virtual pc, would you mind making a tutorial for the rest of us on how to do it?

Do you install an OS on the virtual pc? And did you select win98 or xp? I haven't figured it out yet.

Sjoe
06-09-2006, 04:30 PM
I just downloaded the ISO from torrent site and I captured that ISO on virtual pc.
I used xp, but it's not recommended for pc's with 512mb (you should get at least 1gb ram)
cause on the xp (virtual pc) it lags like hell.

So it's better to use win98 (but I dunno how to install internet on it) It's not automatic :s

Roberty Bob
06-13-2006, 12:49 AM
I trade all the time between my virtual machines... I've never been banned yet. You do have to choose a bridged connection so that you get seperate Ip's.
If I use proxy switcher in combination... my two players can trade... one from australia, one from malaysia or the USA... lol but they are just right here.

I'll go make a tutorial. :)

ub3r |<1||3r*1337*
06-13-2006, 01:04 AM
ok... I have windows 98 installed on my virtual PC. When i go to Runescape, it lags like H.E.L.L!!!! Then i noticed that the video RAM is only 8MB! wow... I got internet working on it, i had a CD (for win98 only) to install the internet, so it worked. Or, i could just use a router and the internet connection is already there.

how can i change the Video RAM?

Does runescape lag a lot on your virtual PC's?