PDA

View Full Version : Is "cleansing" possible?

gillian
08-29-2007, 10:43 AM
I have two laptops: I auto on one only and I play my main on one only. I usually run my autoer while I am playing my main.

How do I "clean" my autoing laptop to play my main on it again? How do I "clean" my auto'd character so that I can turn it "legit" and put members on it?

Buckleyindahouse
08-29-2007, 10:48 AM
Delete all the Jagex folders maybe?

Markus
08-29-2007, 10:56 AM
You can't "clean" an account.
But you can protect your legit main by deleting the random.dat everytime you switch from autoers to main and viceversa.

gillian
08-29-2007, 11:49 AM
So even if I was to purchase a new laptop to play them on .. I would have to delete the random.dat every time I wanted to switch characters to avoid having Jagex "relate" the two together? Like destroying the trail?

In other words .. I know there are a bunch of threads on this, but to put it in stupid terms:

random.dat = Jagex's way of identifying a character .. if you play more than one character on the same computer without deleting random.dat .. they know for a fact the same person is playing them both from the same computer?

Just deleting random.dat stops that identification from taking place? And I am safe as long as I am playing them on two separate laptops?

~alex~
08-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Exactly.

shaunthasheep
08-29-2007, 06:38 PM
Play unsigned.

Distort
08-29-2007, 10:50 PM
I hope you arn't planning on killing all your auto'ers because they are different, you cleanser you!

(If you don't get it, you probably shouldn't)

gillian
09-01-2007, 09:44 AM
I did get it .. and hilarious :p

Thanks for the advice, fellas!

Hobbit
09-02-2007, 12:45 AM
Also another thing to look for is if you get randoms a lot. Like tons of randoms usually means your char has been flagged. Give them a rest for a few days and you should be fine.

gillian
09-02-2007, 11:02 AM
I guess what I was thinking was kind of along the lines of "money laundering" .. how does one "character launder"?

:p

ShowerThoughts
09-02-2007, 01:13 PM
pls stop bumping i see this thread evryday on the new post
you fixed the prob now so...

sorry for this message bit pissed (how can srl members stay so calm..? counting to 10?;))

gillian
09-02-2007, 02:03 PM
What exactly is your major malfunction? I haven't "fixed" any problem .. I was having a discussion. Take your bullcrap attitude somewhere else and learn how to treat people with respect. You just gave the topic a free bump with your worthless rhetoric and you accuse me of bumping? Absolutely worthless.

There. Now you can see this one your new post list again. And people wonder why people don't stick around these forums and try to contribute - it's because we have to deal with cocksmart twits like yourself when all we are trying to do is LEARN.

Hobbit
09-03-2007, 12:08 AM
What exactly is your major malfunction? I haven't "fixed" any problem .. I was having a discussion. Take your bullcrap attitude somewhere else and learn how to treat people with respect. You just gave the topic a free bump with your worthless rhetoric and you accuse me of bumping? Absolutely worthless.

Maybe not the best words but agreed.

Anyway, back to the topic on hand. So Gill your wanting to trade items between you guys with out them knowing?
What I do is I have a banker and my auto's trade to that banker then I usually sell the stuff and keep some money on the banker. But to move the rest to my main I hop on my parents computer and log the banker on there and trade that way. But never make it an empty ended trade. Even if in return your giving the banker a normal log. But if you dont have access to a separate computer this is what I would do. First make sure all UID's are deleted. Then open 2 rs clients, 1 signed and 1 unsigned and log the banker in on the unsigned and my main on signed and trade as said above.

Hope this helps :)

-Hobbit