PDA

View Full Version : Runescape Calcs in VB 8

Tails111
09-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Well, this was my first Visual Basic project for school, I never actually got a round to finishing it, cursed SCAR stealing my love for VB :P

it is hidden from Jagex seeing it, I don't know if you are allowd to run Calcs so it is hidden from the task bar. It has a nice little splash screen also.

Well some of the Skills work, they are all posted there but I never quite got to all of them the working ones are woodcutting and Firemaking. I had to just "show" it at school so I just did 2 of em and then "presented" them, and no the Instructions button doesn't work either.

It has some nice pictures, thus the larger attachment.

While I have deleted most of the source code I kept the rounding and math procedures, here is a sample. I also have all the images I used...

And yes this was my first ever working, useful, VB project.

Always Round up

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
For Each C As Control In Me.Controls
If TypeOf C Is Label And C.Name.StartsWith("lbl") Then
C.Text = Math.Ceiling(CDbl(C.Text)).ToString
End If
Next
End Sub

Wood cutting level 2

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

If txtLevel.Text = "2" Then

Label16.Text = frmLevels.lbl2.Text - txtExp.Text

lblNormal.Text = Label16.Text / 25
lblLight.Text = Label16.Text / 32
lblOak.Text = Label16.Text / 37.5
lblMedium.Text = Label16.Text / 55
lblWillow.Text = Label16.Text / 67.5
lblTeak.Text = Label16.Text / 85
lblDense.Text = Label16.Text / 80
lblMaple.Text = Label16.Text / 100
lblHollow.Text = Label16.Text / 82.5
lblMahogany.Text = Label16.Text / 125
lblYew.Text = Label16.Text / 175

ShowerThoughts
09-01-2007, 01:53 PM
it doesnt work if i click instructions its does nothing..

LordGregGreg
09-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Hey, im not much of a VB person, but I looked over this and I really like it. It works just fine, like you said, not complete, but very nice.

If you get into java ever, I have the source code to a very fancy one.

I like your splash screen, its a nice touch.

I like the small layout, this is harder and harder to keep things simplified down to low screen space. Well done.

I don't like how the buttons don't give some sort of mouse clue that they are clikable. I know its stupid, by end users like seeing their mouse turn into a hand, it makes them feel all warm and fuzzy inside, like they are on a web page or something.

One other liittle nit picky detail, then new windows don't open up where the old one was. I like moving my windows around to corners of my screen, and it pisses me off when they decide it is a good idea to go somewhere else.

Im not sure how much freedom vb gives you, but you should try to make it it create the windows relative to where the main one is.

My style is to not even playu with that stuff, and to have tabs on top for all the window switching, or mabey a combo box that just changes the content in the frame, intead of creating a new one.

New windows i normally reserve for confimations and information only.

Tails111
09-01-2007, 06:33 PM
As I have said it was a school project that I needed to finish up... the teacher didn't like my other one, it was a RedSox scoreboard taking the scores from Fox, He said he didn't want to use HTTP things, so I had to make this really quickly, I could do all that but as I said I lost almost all my source code, and only kept that part, I could rewrite it but I don't feel like it.

I am pretty sure you can set where you want the window to come in, well I mean while programming it. I had it as the little tool window that dissapears to kind of show off how Versatile windows is...

And yes I know the instructions doesn't work, I never put it in there, I think it was like 2:30 AM when I had to get on the bus at 6:50, so I just decided not to show the bad side of this.

Also the reason why I kept it all small, was because I can't stand to see big bulky things on my screen, I need the nice sleek and simple feel to my computer, or else I tend to get frustrated.

And yes I don't like it when the Windows move around on me but I added something near the end and all of a sudden it started to move to an original location that it popped up in, I was only giving a 2 minute preview on how this worked so I had no need to fix it.

R0b0t1
09-01-2007, 07:23 PM
I believe you mean VB.NET 2006-07. There is no VB8, as it stopped at six.

1) Also, there is an explicit option to include a splash screen, like you see for #develop or Photoshop, or the gimp. But if you wanted, you could make you're current "splash screen" have no border.

2) Instructions button does not work.

3) Make it appear on the task bar. Jagex can see it anyway, as it is on the process list. But they are not against Jagex rules anyway.

4) VB sucks. VISUAL BASIC. (Beginner's All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code)

:p.

LordGregGreg
09-02-2007, 12:25 AM
As I have said it was a school project that I needed to finish up... the teacher didn't like my other one, it was a RedSox scoreboard taking the scores from Fox, He said he didn't want to use HTTP things, so I had to make this really quickly, I could do all that but as I said I lost almost all my source code, and only kept that part, I could rewrite it but I don't feel like it.

I am pretty sure you can set where you want the window to come in, well I mean while programming it. I had it as the little tool window that dissapears to kind of show off how Versatile windows is...

And yes I know the instructions doesn't work, I never put it in there, I think it was like 2:30 AM when I had to get on the bus at 6:50, so I just decided not to show the bad side of this.

Also the reason why I kept it all small, was because I can't stand to see big bulky things on my screen, I need the nice sleek and simple feel to my computer, or else I tend to get frustrated.

And yes I don't like it when the Windows move around on me but I added something near the end and all of a sudden it started to move to an original location that it popped up in, I was only giving a 2 minute preview on how this worked so I had no need to fix it.
Oh no! I meant no offence! seriously!

I actualy like it quite a bit. I like the color sheme and how it is simple and small like i said.

And yeah :/ i know how it goes on theose last minute projects, lol, you did just fine.

oh, @robot, just because it is basic doesnt mean its bad. Scar is much more basic than pascal. The stuff done here would have taken me quite a bit of work in java, so if vb can whip something up like this real quick before a school projects, then vb is good :D

R0b0t1
09-02-2007, 02:48 AM
Might be, but I prefer C# for its work with the web, and Java cuz its kewl.

Visual Basic is like, pre-historic dude.

C# can whip stuff up quick to, try it.

EDIT:

using System;

namespace Song
{
public class Song
{
public static void Main(string[] args)
{
Console.Beep(330, 350);
Console.Beep(330, 350);
Console.Beep(330, 600);
Console.Beep(330, 350);
Console.Beep(330, 350);
Console.Beep(330, 600);
Console.Beep(330, 350);
Console.Beep(400, 350);
Console.Beep(250, 225);
Console.Beep(300, 175);
Console.Beep(330, 300);
}
}
}

^ Lolz, Jingle Bells.

Tails111
09-02-2007, 01:57 PM
wow... But I didn't take your post offensivly...

VB is slightly prehistoric... VB6 is, but VB 2005 really came up to standards... I had always meant to finish it after the project but just never got around to it. Took me 6+ hours of mind numbing finger mashing numbers to do this =/'

Well VB .net is VB7, and VB .net 2005 is VB8... just goes ina line :P

R0b0t1
09-08-2007, 09:24 PM
I know the order... Just drives me nuts.

Finger mashing? I could probably look up the equations or think about it for a second to do it. I just don't like GUIs that much.

Runehq has a table of all of the exp points at different levels, and some people might give you the equations out of good will.