PDA

View Full Version : How did you pick your User Name?

Wanted
09-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Alright, well I was tired of people asking me stuff like "Lol, what the hell Ice and Fire don't mix" ect.. and I'm sure a lot of people wonder why people picked the user names that they have so I will start with myself.

I picked my user name because I love this poem:

Fire and Ice

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

-- Robert Frost

and the 908, well I forgot why I picked it, but it's a nice short 3 digit number that tacks on the end of my name to give it length.

I am VERY interested to know how everyone else picked their user name, so please, post.

lordsaturn
09-01-2007, 11:37 PM
LordSaturn...I picked a while ago, and I thought all these space terms like 'Supernova' and such sounded pretty neat, and I decided on Saturn. Then I picked the most powerful-sounding title I could think of, and I came up with 'Lord'. I originally picked 'Master', but it was taken in the game I was playing and so Lord just kinda stuck. =]

Town
09-01-2007, 11:48 PM
I played Guild Wars about 2 years ago and for some reason I chose my name as "God of the Town". I was 12 years old at the time and I was on Vent alot. People starting calling me "Lil Town". I decided to keep it as Town.

Birfday_Cake
09-02-2007, 12:11 AM
Birfday Cake!!! Lmfao I kinda stole mine >.< I used to play cs:s a long time ago and a guy in my clan's name was birfday cake. He was about 12 years old, screechy high voice, and a super big attitude.

My old username was taken on here and RS, so I decided to use his cause it's awesome XD

P.S. I have no grudges against people with high, screechy voices. We all had them at one point, didn't we? Purberty doesn't happen at birth lol.

3Garrett3
09-02-2007, 12:30 AM
Well. Garrett is my name. 3 Is my favorite number. 3Garrett3.

Runescape Pro
09-02-2007, 01:23 AM
i came up with my username because i am a runescape 2 pro =P and 666 because i like metal music... i used to have a runescape character named rs2pro (i was sooooo suprised someone esle didnt take it...) but it got banned after 2 weeks of autoing because of gay sythe insta-ban(powerminer)... but his legend will live on forever! thats also the start of me getting into scar autoing =P

Harry
09-02-2007, 01:43 AM
Harry-71194

Hy- Harry (my name) 71194, my birthday =]

Bobarkinator
09-02-2007, 02:16 AM
bobarkinator = bob barker + terminator(the robot)

kaustav_002
09-02-2007, 02:28 AM
When i was really small my aunt made me an email acc on yahoo cos i didnt have one, it was called kaustav_002, kaustav cos dats my name and _002 cos umm i dunno, maybe it was 2002 at the time im not sure.

Harry
09-02-2007, 02:48 AM
Nice siggy pic kaustav =]

Wanted
09-02-2007, 03:17 AM
bobarkinator = bob barker + terminator(the robot)

Sorry bob, just had to do it

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3937/untitled63xz9.png

BobboHobbo
09-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Sorry bob, just had to do it

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3937/untitled63xz9.png

ROFL, weird.

Well BobboHobbo = the gayest name but i was thinking about hobbos and when i was signing up for stufff the username hobbo was taken so i added bobbo to hobbo = bobbohobbo = me = Benneh = Ben = Awesome!

Pancakes
09-02-2007, 09:45 AM
We were having Pancakes for breakfast :redface:

JuKKa
09-02-2007, 10:05 AM
We were having Pancakes for breakfast :redface:
ROFLLL!

Mine is just random Jukka has nothing to do with my real name or anything, As some finnish ppl might think. Jukka is just a typical funny name IMO, and it sounds funny when english ppl pronounce it, Thats kind of my main reasons i picked it.
But i also go by the name: Pirat0s, P1r4t0s or p1r4t0$... (the 3 dots are included)

GoF
09-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Just a shorter version of my forum nick at sythe.

@JuKKa, my brother's name is Jukka :p

ShowerThoughts
09-02-2007, 11:45 AM
i just picked this name becaus its almost my name
i didnt know i was going to script *reading forum name*
*reading 'autoing communtiy,hmmm.'*
*signs up*//i thought autoing, okay lets sign up
*leeching scripts*;)
*learning to script*

Rikje
09-02-2007, 11:50 AM
all the names i tryed where allready used. the srl forums was verry slow that time. so i was bored at trying a name and waiting. then i was like '' what name would no body use'' aka rikjess :p
the name of one of my rune mine scouts.

Buckleyindahouse
09-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Buckley - My last name.
InDaHouse - Well duh, Im in my house...

NxTitle
09-02-2007, 03:33 PM
It can be a long story, but I'll make it short. I was making a video with one of the Roxio programs, but when I went to save it, there was already a file called untitled, so i decided to make it nontitled. Then i thought, hey that's a pretty cool nickname. So I kept it, and use it pretty much everywhere.

RudeBoiAlex
09-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Well my brother kinda made this up for me he said rudeboi but i wanted Rudeboialex :).

Tim0suprem0
09-03-2007, 12:04 AM
My name is Tim... hence the Tim0 and the only thing that I could think of that rhymed with Timo was supremo, and I thought it'd be cooler with 0's. I just wish my T and S were capitalized.

Oh and I'm amazing, a.k.a. "Supreme"- sorry, forgot that part.

Santa_Clause
09-03-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm not sure why I picked this to be honest. Oh I know, I went somewhere once, some school meeting or something and I was wearing a red jacket with white hood, which looks like SantaClause. Therefore, they called me SantaClause :p

mastaraymond
09-03-2007, 11:45 AM
My friend had a mobile and it had a sticker with the text : 'Masta'. Well he said he was the 'Masta', and uh, then i just made my nick MastaRaymond ( Raymond is my surname). And it owns, because i can use it everywhere, i mean no forums has got a guy name 'MastaRaymond'. xD Quite handy, huh.

~Raymond

ZephyrsFury
09-03-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm not sure why I picked this to be honest. Oh I know, I went somewhere once, some school meeting or something and I was wearing a red jacket with white hood, which looks like SantaClause. Therefore, they called me SantaClause :p

I'm pretty sure its Santa Claus without the 'e' at the end. :p Hmmm... I'm trying to remember how I came up with my name....

Oh yeah... A couple of months ago (actually about beginning of last year), some guy by the name of "Zephers Fury" tried to scam me with the "I'm giving my account away" and then changing the pass when people put items into the new account (I didn't though ;)).

Anyway... although he tried to scam me I thought ZephersFury sounded ok as a nickname so I made a character on Maple Story by the name of "ZephyrsFury" (I forgot how to spell it the way the scammer did".

When I found out about SRL-Forums I was gonna use my other nickname I usually use but that was the same name as my pmod so I decided to use this name instead...

So there.. end of story. :D

sapetto
09-03-2007, 12:18 PM
One of my friends in school called me "sapetto" but i didn't like it! After a while when i have to go to secondary school i miss my friend that and decided that "sapetto" could be my nick on forums, sites etc. :rolleyes:

ShawnjohnSJ
09-03-2007, 12:31 PM
ShawnjohnSJ-My dad picked it for my email address and Ive been using it ever since.

My names Shawn Johnson....ShawnjohnSJ

Yakman
09-03-2007, 11:00 PM
yakman cause my real life name is similar to it, except for the -man bit, and its spelled differantly as well

legendaryhero90
09-03-2007, 11:11 PM
its the corny nickname i was given by my video gaming friends.

1q1q
09-04-2007, 09:23 PM
1q1q

Well, if you see.. 1 is by the q :D Lazy and easy. :P
And Ive been using this name for some time now. about 3 years?

Bourdou!
09-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Bourdou... Well google my name and search under pictures and you will see the pic that is my avvy. Well I could not think of a name so I looked around and there was this crazy ass elephant with a bottle of wine that said BOURDOU and I though, well, what the hell? I like it :). I think it is some painter, but it might be the elephant, or the wine...

jhildy
09-06-2007, 03:06 AM
My name originated in XBL when i was trying to make the name Jhild
My first name is justin last hild
justin hild

and i accidentally made an account here where i didnt use at all and i think it was jhild and i kinda just put a y on it for no apparant reason.

TravisV10
09-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Born2Code - an old nickname I used for neopets :p ! I was at my friend's house when I signed up for srl forums. I had no idea what I was getting myself into, so I just double clicked on the username box and born2code was the first listed...

I hate this username BTW...

IEatJ00erBaybees
09-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Well my brother kinda made this up for me he said rudeboi but i wanted Rudeboialex :).

You're a rudeboy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rude_boy)because you listen to ska. And ska is cool :p

My name = Leecher Name. I admit. I thought I would never come back to SRL Forums, I just wanted to download SRL..so I made a crap name, and I ended up posting with it :)

Isn't Bordeaux a type of wine?

Jackrawl
09-06-2007, 07:26 PM
I switched John to Jack, and moved the rest of the letters around... I'm a Harry Potter fan <_<

~alex~
09-06-2007, 07:45 PM
My name is alex and tildes are awsome!

Bourdou!
09-07-2007, 02:15 AM
Isn't Bordeaux a type of wine?
That is probably why there is wine in the picture. It is spelled different though.

Emagdnim
09-07-2007, 02:20 AM
Saw a company once (pretty unknown one) and throught it was cool if you havent figure it out its Mindgame backwards. :)

Psychor
09-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Loved the movie, but the first time i wanted to use it on a site it was allready taken, so i added the r
Have been using it ever since.

yanix
09-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Yanix i picked it from this spray for the game Counter-Strike 1.6 a while ago i found the spray from a site but the spray looks like thishttp://img178.imageshack.us/img178/6707/yanixae6.jpg

Czepa
09-09-2007, 08:05 AM
well, my surname is polish (aka fucking long, and uhhh.. fucking difficult to spell) XD: czepulkowski

so i shortened it to Czepa.. and there you have it! i actually really like it becuz its the only 5 letter word that looks cool which is never taken on online games

mamoth95
09-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Well when I first came here i never expected to actually stick around and be part of the community i was just trying to figure out wtf SCAR and SRL was. I had gotten scammed out of all my stuff the day i joined here and the guys name was Mamoth95 so i figured mabey Jagex checks this site and i hoped they would connect it to the guys username and ban him but they never did and as a matter of fact i scammed him back and stole his acc and got it banned my self (after takeing my stuff back of course) but the name mamoth95 also sounds preety cool to bad everone thinks im 12 lol.

Czepa
09-10-2007, 01:05 PM
cool :D i came here when SRL first ever started, well as soon as i knew it started..... coz when cake mix's site went down (after jagex supposedly took legal action) i was sort of lost in the world of scar... lots of searching got me here :
:google:
been autoing since late 2005

Jackrawl
09-12-2007, 07:45 PM
@ Czepa Your name sounds like a mailing service, no offense <_<
When I came here, I was actually curious about hacking, and if I could stop it...It's kinda like the dark side of the force you know? LOL!!!!
Came when I was about 13(?)and now I'm 14 and learning basic things...Ooooo I think I just figured out how I could work with my Air Runners in conjunction with an Air Crafter...

Special Ed
09-12-2007, 11:33 PM
Heh... My name all started when I got into Counter Strike like 5 years ago, I was the retarded crazy mofo that ran headfirst into the group of people, and after some flash player movies... I just kinda decided on Special Ed on CS or CSS its $p3c1aL 3|) though... This is kinda my third part name though, but the first two are umm... kinda... well know in RS, so I'd rather not use that.

Eugeniu
09-18-2007, 11:43 PM
Mine is just my real names but in many other forums I go by the username Fuzillion. It's my domain name and I think it was by total complete randomness of me picking it o_O.

Splicer16
09-19-2007, 07:46 AM
Whack was an very old name given to me a long time ago...Its kinda like JuKKa's name...Just some random thing made up... I just fancied it up using capital letters in between...On these forums though I prefer to be called as Dimi or Dimitri...

If I could change my user name every now and then, that would be good...

Czepa
09-20-2007, 11:16 PM
the cz in polish is pronounced as a sch i think but i just say ch. so i say che-pa

alot of people think its suh-ze-pa lol or ka-ze-pa

mongo1
09-20-2007, 11:30 PM
my friend actually hacked me a guy named as my username and gave it to me. i liked the name and use it on alot of things.

p.s. my guy mongo1 on rs got banned for item scamming cause i got hacked. damn hackers :fiery:

qasim11
09-21-2007, 04:10 PM
lawl Qasim is my name and 11 just sticks to ma head xD

n3ss3s
09-21-2007, 09:04 PM
As you know, everyone was a leecher.

I was at my friends house installing SCAR and SRL, and I had to whip an acc, we had played SNES, - nes - ses - n3ss3s.