PDA

View Full Version : 7 Day Ban.

XxKanexX
06-12-2006, 10:50 PM
Well, apparently their' Macro Detection system is better than i thought at first.

I auto stringed for about 5 minutes, and did the rest Legit. The next day i'm banned for 7 days for Macro-ing.

I was also supervising it, and talking to people. If my appeal dosn't work, that's probably all of my Membership gone to waste. And 7 days of training. :p

And i just realised you can view evidence..

The evidence you are requesting has come from the game and we cannot guarantee that the content is not offensive.

By demanding to view this evidence you are agreeing to viewing possible offensive material which Jagex cannot be held accountable for.

Oh well,
Bring it on, Jackex.

GenoDemoN
06-13-2006, 12:34 AM
thats a very weird response id like to know what this offsense stufs is

XxKanexX
06-13-2006, 03:28 AM
I clicked on evidence and it displayed, "Sorry, No evidence at this time.".

If they're going to make acusations the least they can do is show proof.

Pwnd
06-13-2006, 03:56 AM
That's what you get for playing legit!

Pyro
06-13-2006, 04:59 AM
That's what you get for playing legit!

Ahahah yea. Probably got so use to your char acting like a autoer that they thought it was the way you normally act. So when you finally go legit you look different thus a autoer

The Un-Named
06-13-2006, 11:35 AM
What I found out is if your autoing(lets say we're auto mouse moving, nothing more, and we type somthing, what we're actually doing is typing using 2 hands and moving the mouse, thus we need an extra hand.) is you can do 2 things at once, human being 1 thing autoing doing another, that'll alert jagex.

phantombmx
06-13-2006, 12:40 PM
What I found out is if your autoing(lets say we're auto mouse moving, nothing more, and we type somthing, what we're actually doing is typing using 2 hands and moving the mouse, thus we need an extra hand.) is you can do 2 things at once, human being 1 thing autoing doing another, that'll alert jagex.

but i type with 1 hand (fast) and use my other hand for the mouse :D

t0tum
06-19-2006, 10:40 PM
I was banned myself aswell by legit playing, as i posted that before.
Maybe something to do with amount xp u gather in a sitting, or continuous actions where high-alchers and teleporters are potential candidates.
Thats not macro detection.
In fact, i never been banned for real macroing.:)

The Un-Named
06-19-2006, 10:57 PM
I've got a weird keyboard(a keyboard button acts as a mouse click) and if I tap it repeditly, in runescape, it repeats the action over and over. They can't exactly ban me, because if they do they need to ban anyone using a qwerty keyboard/windows xp at minimum, just for chance of discovering/using this "tequnique".

I think it's because the client stops the repetition of mouse clicks(so if you spam click, you don't repeat it to ammount of clicks, where as this clicks in a diffrent way, and jagex haven't made it so it stops spam clicking).

Evil_
07-01-2006, 08:41 AM
lol, that has happened to me some, always when i play legit, ever since i started autoing, never got banned :P

armanie14
07-01-2006, 09:27 AM
lol, that has happened to me some, always when i play legit, ever since i started autoing, never got banned :P

Wow, this is getting too much. They must be paranoid and just ban anyone remotly suspicious :S

I was banned myself aswell by legit playing, as i posted that before.
Maybe something to do with amount xp u gather in a sitting, or continuous actions where high-alchers and teleporters are potential candidates.
Thats not macro detection.
In fact, i never been banned for real macroing.

So your saying if i got an insane amount of XP in one session of playing they would maybe suspect me of autoing?

Well i cant be bothered to fletch for like ages. so im not going to try. would be interesting to find out though.

When did the "View Evidence" thing come in? I can't really remember that being their when my main got banned a few months ago, is it a recent thing?

Spky
07-01-2006, 12:18 PM
I got one of these for fletching. I have never got banned for anything except fletching, I've had 2 accounts banned from it.

z92
07-01-2006, 12:31 PM
Obviously they wont let you review the evidens of certain reasons of bannage... that would reveal their uber leet haxor technology you know... :O.

but if you use offensive language, im pretty sure theyll show you evidence on that. :)

XxKanexX
07-01-2006, 02:16 PM
Then why bother with the View evidence button if there is never going to be anything there? Maybe it's only with some offences that it displays information.

Evil_
07-01-2006, 03:15 PM
Then why bother with the View evidence button if there is never going to be anything there? Maybe it's only with some offences that it displays information.

When my sis got banned, they had her chat-screen in the evidence thing. But every ban i have gotten, i haven't had any evidence.

z92
07-01-2006, 04:41 PM

Erhm, That was what i said? :rolleyes:

c0de
07-02-2006, 08:12 PM
Obviously they wont let you review the evidens of certain reasons of bannage... that would reveal their uber leet haxor technology you know... :O.

but if you use offensive language, im pretty sure theyll show you evidence on that. :)

They didn't for me :)

thebomemaste
09-02-2006, 12:53 PM
This a quote straight from Jagex macroing policy.

Will I be able to appeal against a ban for macroing?

Our policy has always been to not tolerate any form of cheating. We do not ban accounts lightly. Significant evidence is always collected before any action is taken against a player. We will not reveal the evidence that we have collected, since most cheats only want to know the evidence so that they can avoid getting caught the next time.

So basically im guessing they rarely review appeals from ppl who have been caught autoing and they will never show the evidence against you.

dontpanic
09-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Yeah they unban for macroing, once i got 7 day banned and i sent in a cheezy appeal and they unbanned me.

oliver1205
10-02-2006, 10:28 PM
yea beleive it or not they really do have a pretty good " macro dection system "

weibs
10-02-2006, 10:59 PM
Well, the better they get, the better we get. :)

XX Replay XX
10-02-2006, 11:13 PM
meh the highest bans i ever got for macroing the first time was 2 days witch is pretty messed up but i never before got a responce like that

weibs
10-03-2006, 12:06 AM
Only 2 days? My first ban from macroing was a perm ban, but I did use a bunch of test scripts when I was just learning ( They used MoveMouseSmooth and ClickMouse, Lol ) on the guy.

legendaryhero90
10-17-2006, 01:55 AM
man i know this all too well!!!

my lvl 60-65 miners all got permanantly banned becuase of guildraper (although it was a good script... sorry fakawi)

i got banned without a chance to appeal and no evidence to prove im guilty...:cartman:

boo hoo for me i guess...:duh:

RAM
11-29-2006, 07:53 PM
Well after 3+ years of playing legit, I just got my first black mark on my main a few weeks ago..I was able to review the evidence, and a chat screen was displayed for the incidence...OK, here's the kicker, I had actually took screen shots of the incidence, as these noobs said they were reporting me....I rarely Pk and at the time I had changed my character to a girl and was in the wilderness...1 of my little tricks.."hey wanna be my bf?''..."jk, whack whack, your'e dead"....so anyways, these 2 little lvl 40 noobs are trying to bait me into going to lvl 40+ wildy to fight(even though, we would have to gone to lvl 70 wildy because of the difference, which doesn't exisit), so, I had heard enough of their insults, and told them to "Suck their daddy's nhuts", which is very out of context for me, as I am usually a polite person (I dunno, maybe I was drunk that day =s)...then they start saying to report me..and I took some screen shots and reported them also, because they started cursing me first....So I don't think much of it...then 5 MONTHS LATER I get a message saying I have a black mark for swearing........
Reason for appeal supplied at time of appeal:
Hello, To whom it may concern, Yes,I remember this particular day well, and I
even have screen shots to prove it,this incident took place on july 14th, in
volving "necr0 mini0n" and "beat2apulp",I guess I should
have reported them also and just ingnored, instead of reapeating what they sa
id,I have had a clean history for 3 years now, I wish to keep it that way, pl
ease remove this from my record? Ty
Explanation of why appeal was denied:
Thank you for your appeal.

We are sorry to inform you that this appeal has been denied.

We have conclusive evidence that you were in control of the account at the time of the offence and for this reason this offence will remain on your account.

We suggest you take some time to remind yourself of the Rules of RuneScape before you start playing again!

RuneScape Customer Support

The fact that it took them 5 months to reply, but they posted the offence date as 5 months later..., and the fact that the whole converation had been edited from what I had screen shots of WTF ???? I just double checked on this account.....
There are currently 0.3 blackmarks out of 10 on this account

So, onto my first real Banned account...I just got into cheating a few months ago...I stumbled on the Fagex autofighter program, I had a pure staker that i was training, So, I bought it and 3 days later was banned...I thought on my appeal for a few days, and came up with this angle....
my brother got my pass from diary on my pure player and him and he friends us
es the program from website on my acount and his freinds but my dad grounded
him from the computers and took it from his bedroom cause my dad dont want t
o be in trouble for it either and have his main be in trouble for my brother
dum freinds cheating but they not allowed at our house anymor .im sad for my
account gone. trying to pretend I was a kid and it got stolen, etc.....I JUST NOTICED SOMETHING WHILE LOOKING FOR THE EVIDENCE TO POST HERE...IT NOW SAYS
There are currently 10.0 blackmarks out of 10 on this account
You are permanently banned AT THE TOP, IT HAD NEVER SAID THAT BEFORE...
OK, now as of the present...I created 10 accounts a couple of weeks ago, trained them to lvl 15 and have been cutting willows in draynor with them ..I have been running them on some kind of script almost everyday since I created them...I started with RATZ to train them, then tried the Goblin Scheduler, and finally been useing Dankness/Sumilion willow chopper...I just recieved my first message saying 1 of the accounts was banned...I imediately replied with this letter to them, useing idea's from what I heard here....And GUESS WHAT????? It worked :) :) :) 7 day ban....
I'm am very sorry, I wanted to get my wodcutting up in free world so I could
be able to cut yew logs with my freinds when my mom makes me a member next mo
nth for my birthday present. I promise not to do it anymore,I am really a nic
e person,and I am truly very sad to see this account locked.I beg that you gi
ve it back, runescape is my life. Thank You, Tom Jones; Age 14; Miami, Flo
rida U.S.A.

Keep in mind, this name age and location is completly fictiscious, I figured they had my ip logged, so i used the location of isp as my location.....and they must have just started useing this as of today?, but at the top it says....
There are currently 7.5 blackmarks out of 10 on this account
You are banned for 5 more days
So now we can assume that you can accumalate a total of 10 black marks before becomeing permantly banned..and you recieve 7.5 for autoing the first time, which doesn't leave room for any mistakes....
Hope this was able to help some people out, RAM

dude i rock
12-01-2006, 06:12 AM
nooooo my cousion has 25.5 black marks out of 10 no lie ill get a pic later but yeah, it says in red "THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE" but yeah 25.5 out of 10 thats crazy but hes not permbanded and all his appeals for breakeing rules were deinied.....i odnt understand how it works..

moose1234
12-01-2006, 04:15 PM
hmm maybe we should all be more careful?

solarwind
12-01-2006, 06:00 PM

True, that is one possibility. We seriously need multi threading in SCAR. That would be 1337.

Windoze
02-04-2007, 12:21 PM
They most likely only show evidence of offensive language and such.

they wont show evidence of macroing obviously because they think how they catch us is a secret....and don't want anybody to know.