PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Machines

Pages : [1] 2

Roberty Bob
06-13-2006, 01:50 AM
Want to auto on two accounts at once?

Want to safely trade between two accounts every time, zero suspicion?

If you said "yes" then read on... :D

STEP 1- Install
Download and install VMware Server Beta.
http://www.vmware.com/download/server/

Run "VMware Server Console" from your start menu.

STEP 2- Create new Virtual Machine.
You will need either a CD of the operating system you want to run or an ISO off bit torrent. You should own the original copy of the software for it to be legal. :rolleyes:

For XP, I used my disc. For a Win98 SE install I got an ISO.
This Tute will progress from here following an XP install.

STEP 3- Using the Wizard
Choose "Typical" --> "Microsoft Windows > XP Pro" --> "New Virtual Machine" --> "Typical" --> name it --> "Use Bridged Networking" (This is essential for a seperate IP) --> allocate the default 8GB's if you can spare it. It will speed it up. Your performance will suffer if there is not enough space available.

STEP 4- Install XP
Select your virual machine that you have just created.
Before starting it... check that you are happy with the resources allocated to it... increase the RAM if you have 1GB or 2GB of fast RAM.
Change the CD ROM to an ISO or the drive that has your disc in it.
Your Network settings should read "Bridged"

START IT UP --> THEN INSTALL XP. (Just the basics)
I assume you know how to Install XP, if there are enough people who don't I'll post more.

STEP 5-VMware tools
You don't need to setup your graphics card etc like on a normal install, simply run "install VMware tools" from --> dropdown menu > "VM" > "Install VMware Tools". It should fix up your mouse, graphics etc etc.

STEP 6-Get it ready for RS.
You should be able to access your main host machine over the network, if not, change network settings to be in the same workgroup etc. Get the files you need (such as java and flash updates, SCAR/ SRL, and the browser you want to use, to save downloading them all for your new VM.)
Remember... your new Virtual Machine is just like a new computer install and needs everything to be installed, including SCAR etc.

------------------------------
DONE.
------------------------------

SOME TIPS TO REMEMBER
TRADES/TRANSFERS
I have never been banned yet, but I always trade carefully... Have banker players to act as MM and as temporary storage. Never do one way trades... eg... 10k ess for free. always trade something... I try to keep transfers betwen players below 5k of items per transfer and always swap something in return, even if it is just 10 coins and a few logs. Like I said, never had a problem yet... and my bankers are only level 3... I transfer Rune gear and so on with this method, not a problem. I pick a spot with plenty of players around, usually a bank or busy fighting spot.

AUTOING
SCAR is fairly resource intensive so you will need a good processor especially to run a VM well... but your virtual machine CAN be autoing while you use your mouse freely in the host. I run 2 monitors on dual DVI, but its not essential if you have a big enough single screen. SCAR is a color-clicker tho, so you can't run it on a minimised window!!.

Certainly for transfers... a single monitor will be completely fine.

Hope it's helpful to someone.

Sjoe
06-13-2006, 11:04 AM
nice tut, but do you know how to set internet on win98??
Cause it's not automatic like in win xp

And wen I use win xp as virtual pc, it lags like shit!

Roberty Bob
06-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Yeah it took me a little while to figure out the internet for 98 but i got it to work.

Unfortunately, due to XP being more optimised... 98 is actually worse for lag sometimes... for me anyway...

anyway... internet on 98SE VM...
STEP 1. Internet Wizard
Run the wizard that starts on the desktop...
(you should already have installed VMware tools by now.)
the wizard wants a modem... just throw in an arbitary one for now from the lists... put in some fudge settings where required :eek:
STEP 2. Network Settings
go into network neighborhood properties... and remove the dial up adapter and TCP/IP Dial up components.

Now go into the remaining TCP/IP component... enable DNS and put your host computer's local IP address into the "server Search Order" field. Put your host's name in the "host" field... and then get it to specify IP automatically, although it should already be that.

It will only restart your computer a dozen times for all that... let me know if that works.../PM me for more clear instructions.

Sjoe
06-13-2006, 12:18 PM
thx for this :) You should add this on your tut.

You got any good link to download Win 98 SE (torrent or something else?)

EDIT: How do I use another monitor for my virtual pc? (I'm gonna use it from my old computer (it can't play rs lol)

Janilabo
06-13-2006, 01:49 PM
Windows 98 Second Edition:

http://z08.zupload.com/download.php?file=getfile&filepath=13520
http://z08.zupload.com/download.php?file=getfile&filepath=13734You need to download both and then extract. Either one of em. 1 or 2. It will extract both, no matter which one you choose to extract. :)

Password:

Santa_Claus_SnoresThe password which you will need.

Register codes:

VKV79-62MWG-W7TMB-VX2BX-V67QY
VT3C3-T9FJC-RP8JK-DGY3H-4BK7T
VMJD9-WY4XK-9BFJD-9XV69-GHGK6
CMGRR-XCBMG-4P8TB-DR9FW-62PFB
HMTWJ-VPPWP-9BXP8-WD73Y-GGT6M
CXTVG-6B2V9-B2M7R-XDW76-HXFPJ
MGWP8-HRR74-XYDWV-4BY3X-DXDH
BGW9M-KCPPG-Q2PXY-6B794-KW6C8
F49DC - TFH6V - XX7P2 - 67YQ3 - Y74JY
If needed...

Sjoe
06-13-2006, 01:53 PM
You are my goooooooooooooooood :)

THANK YOU THANK YOU
THANK YOU THANK YOU
THANK YOU THANK YOU
THANK YOU THANK YOU

do I need to say more times? lol

Janilabo
06-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Lol no problem :p

Sjoe
06-13-2006, 04:19 PM
Lol no problem :p

Nooo :(

The download stopped at 98% (the first part , but I have the 2nd part)

Were you uploading this?
Or was this from someone else.
Cause how come it stopped?

The Un-Named
06-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Unfortunately, due to XP being more optimised... 98 is actually worse for lag sometimes...

Correct me if I'm wrong but 98 naturally runs less process's = less lag.

ub3r |<1||3r*1337*
06-13-2006, 10:09 PM
OK, when i;m at the download site, it says i need a user... I dont wanna register... Can someone give me a user and pass on it? or do i HAVE to register... Anyway, Does runescape Lag a lot? because with Microsoft VM, it lags so ooooooooo much.

EDIT: never mind, i found a way to get passed that log in thing.

Now i need this IIS thingy... where do i get it? EDIT: nvm, got it fixed

whitevans1
06-14-2006, 06:35 AM
thanks i bet this will help me get it to work ive been trying to do this for like the past week ahaha thanks again.

warship45
06-14-2006, 06:35 AM
SCAR is a color-clicker tho, so you can't run it on a minimised window!!..

umm i was running it on the other version of VMWARE on my other pc and i got 2 VMWARE work stations and 1 on the host running at once. the scar reads grahpic infomation not screen (tell me if i am not right) that is why you can run it on VMWARE because all scar dose is read the graphics infomation of that windows.

Please tell me if i am not right :)

SubiN
06-14-2006, 06:43 AM
i was just wondering how big the file is ?

Roberty Bob
06-14-2006, 07:57 AM
dunno... I find a 98VM doesn't run as smoothly as an XP VM. My mate said optimisation was the reason why... since the VM has to translate everything... XP more efficient ??

the scar reads grahpic infomation not screen
You could be right I think... I always use my second monitor for the VM so haven't actually tried... but it should be able to work minimised.

How do I use another monitor for my virtual pc?
I use dual DVI... ie. two outputs from a single graphics card. If your card can't do that... you can get switchs and adapters that do it I think...

Sjoe
06-14-2006, 11:21 AM
K thx for answering, but I'm not gonna buy something more lol. Me broke :)

Janilabo
06-14-2006, 06:50 PM
The links working fine for me.. :confused:

I'll try again then. I will be adding new links if it doesn't work for me correctly then. :rolleyes:

Sjoe
06-14-2006, 07:41 PM
The links working fine for me.. :confused:

I'll try again then. I will be adding new links if it doesn't work for me correctly then. :rolleyes:

Okidoki thx:) But my only the part 1 I need (can you upload or something please;) )

traitors
06-16-2006, 09:59 PM
nice tut will follow the rest of it once i finished download vm which will take 5 hours.Just wondering anyway 2 uninstall this program and will it always run 2 windows wen u start comp or do u manually have to start other 1?I have 512 ram 1.6 processors and 64 bo graphics i think will my comp be fast enuf?

Roberty Bob
06-17-2006, 02:26 PM
if you just keep searching the torrent thru BT. it will be there sooner or later... I have free 800kBit uploads so could send it your way using something or start a torrent.. let me know.

RE: traitors... I think your computer will struggle to auto on two accounts at once... but you should be able to trade between chars fine...

I'll let you know if I ever get one of my bankers banned... at the moment they've been running around with full mith sets, addy gold sets and black trimmed sets.... and some money.

whitevans1
06-17-2006, 06:18 PM
i can't find a working iso or anything like windows to put on the virtual drive... everything ive downloaded didn't work...

tarajunky
06-19-2006, 01:29 AM
I thought I would chime in here. I tried Virtual PC 2004 and it lagged like crazy. VMWare is working great now with Win98 SE. To get the internet working is very easy. Just open up Internet Options in the control panel, go to the Connection Tab, and use the Connection setup wizard at the very top. Then just select to use a pre-existing connection to a LAN, and it will connect fine.

whitevans1
06-19-2006, 06:50 AM
how do i get internet on my virtual machine its not working for me??? I have a wireless adapter.. if you can't help its ok if you can't.

nitrexoxide
06-20-2006, 08:32 AM
Hi, good tut, but I just thourght idd add a slightly better way of doing things:

Wanna multi-login?

1) On the first account, login like normal
2) On the second account, on the detail screen, scrool down and select "Use default java (only use if normal doesnt work)" (or it says something like that anyway)
3) Select the same world and we are in business!

ub3r |<1||3r*1337*
06-20-2006, 11:36 AM
its better to use VMWare for multi-logging in. They have different IP's. to check this, go to
Run -> CMD

then type in IPconfig.
You will see your host computer's IP and your virtual machine(s) ip.

thanatos920
06-21-2006, 05:34 AM
Hmm guys im having a few problems, i installed windows XP prfossional on the VM, the OS runs smooth, but rs lags LIKE MAD. I allocated 512 mbs of ram to it and its still slow. Any ideas?

PS Im currently downloading windows 98 se to see if thatll help, just wanted to see if anyone had something else while i wait.

whitevans1
06-21-2006, 03:32 PM
Can anyone tell me how to get internet running on it?

thanatos920
06-21-2006, 06:46 PM
If your using XP, it should automaticaly set up when you install it, if your using 98, look at page one, theres a whole section there. And yeah i installed 98 and its still lagging like mad with 512 megs of ram allocated to it, any suggestions guys?

Pacit
06-21-2006, 07:28 PM
I manage to get Win98 working, but not winXP:eek:

It can't find my winXP CD, orginal and no scratches :confused:

tarajunky
06-21-2006, 08:27 PM
Did you install the VMWare Tools? You definitely need to do that after you install the OS.

I'm running lag free on win98 SE with 512 Mb allocated.

thanatos920
06-24-2006, 07:27 AM
yeah now my os runs no lag, but i cant get the net to work on 98 lol. it worked fine on xp.

Roberty Bob
06-24-2006, 09:12 AM
I also run a wireless adapter from my broadband router... XP still works fine...

If you have read posts #1 and #3 in this thread and are still having issues... tell us about the connections you have available in your network connections... are the virtual adapters there..?

also did you enable bridged networking at the start...

RE: lag... one of the biggest reasons... your system specs just can't cope with the additional load.
But RAM is key... I wouldn't recommend anything less than 512MB for smooth VM's.

ub3r |<1||3r*1337*
06-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Well, This is my theory of why runescape lags like shit...

1. The video RAM on the virtual machine is 16mb RAM or 32
2. You cannot configure it.

So if you tried, you cannot configure the video RAM. normal RAM does not do ANYTHING to the graphics. at least 256mb is reccomended for a virtual machine.

To get internet working on windwos 98, simply go to connection wizard, and whenever you see LAN, choose LAN!!! then, when it asks for a proxy, just pick local host. Click next and ur done.

whitevans1
06-25-2006, 01:15 AM
ok finally got internet do you know how to get diffrent ip addres?

Roberty Bob
06-25-2006, 01:19 PM
the bridged networking should take care of that using automatically assigned IP. are you using DNS as outlined in post #3 ??

I am assuming you have checked and the Ip's are reading identical?

ub3r |<1||3r*1337*
06-25-2006, 01:20 PM
The Machine IP's are Different! The internet IP is the same. Jagex puts a file onto your computer and it checks if you are using two accounts at the same time, then instant ban. Virtual machines will not have this problem. Its like havving a totally different computer on the same LAN. You can make trades easily like this.

Dark_Sniper
06-26-2006, 01:00 AM
Change the CD ROM to an ISO or the drive that has your disc in it.

how do i do that?

Roberty Bob
06-26-2006, 05:04 AM
sniper...
When you first load VMware... and have created a new VM, but not installed anything...

you just doubleclick on the CD-Rom device in the VM's hardware box... there's an option there to run from ISO...

let me know if this wasn't helpful. :)

Dark_Sniper
06-26-2006, 05:11 AM
you need to get msn or something for better help lol ive googled everything and i have tried everything..

Dark_Sniper
06-26-2006, 08:43 AM
thanks for helping me out for 3 hours.. lol

whitevans1
06-26-2006, 11:50 PM
oh ok sweet thanks guys yeah umm ive got it all working now finally but its kinda slow i think i need more ram i only have 700

thanatos920
06-28-2006, 05:16 AM
Hmm im having problems getting the net to work on 98, it shows my two computers which are on the lan when i go to network neighborhood, but when i click on them it say si need a password, where as when i ran exp on the virtual machine it just automatically worked. Any suggestions? Also if someone could walk me through installing the internet, how to get my host name etc in more detail it might solve my problem./

EDIT- NVM i figured it out :D, well trying my script out now on my vm to see if it works ;)

EDIT EDIT- Hmmm now my os doesnt lag but my internet is SLOOOOWWWWWWW anyone know how i could fix that? I have high speed internet, and 1gig of ddr2 ram of which 512mb are allocated to my VM.

leader
06-29-2006, 04:00 PM
Thanks this will be useful

mx1000
08-31-2006, 03:14 PM
WHy cant i run scripts there? its compliels but then it jsut keep standing there :S

Cheesehunk
09-23-2006, 07:12 PM
Good guide! :)

One problem, I have never messed around with the files for creating a bootable ISO, etc..

Does anyone have any idea how to do this? I have everything set up, I just can't figure out how to make a bootable ISO. I have Windows 98 SE second edition, it has a bunch of .CAB files, and some setup files. Should I just put these all on a CD and then see if VMWare recognizes them?

Thanks..:redface:

I Pick Axes
10-02-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm trying this with Win98SE. I tried using your directions for getting the internet up. No success. No idea what's wrong. Is there a way to force it to get a new IP adress from the DNS? Also, should the DNS server be this computer? Or this computer's DNS server (actually a cable modem).

EDIT: I was fiddling around. Using the host's IP works. Getting a new one doesn't. Is it much suspicion to have two from the same IP logged in at once?

hakmaster
10-03-2006, 03:46 PM
I think this is going to be helpful :) I already had VMware and was looking for some ISO
anyways, but I get to do it with a tut now :D

renegadeandy
10-03-2006, 03:46 PM
I had a problem similar to this actually when i installed a VM on my XP main machine - in the end just gave up - not worth the extra effort and hastle - less haslte to just buy a cheap 500mhz box for like £30 sumwhere and use that instead!

Sumilion
10-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Nop, it can be very usefull ! I'm autoing twice at this very same time and im also replying ^^

YoHoJo
10-08-2006, 09:17 PM
Yeah VM is really useful.
Excpet i used to use it a long time ago and it worked fine but now it doesnt.
When i run a script it logs me in and just dies.
It says "script running" but doesnt do anything.
Can soeoen go to File> Preperaces and tell me what they have under the "Input" tab please?
I have no idea how to fix this problem =!

IronTeapot
10-11-2006, 01:39 AM
OK set up VM with a bridged ethernet connection, but when I use a web servise to see my IP from inside the VM, its listed as the same one my main host is using. Am I doing something wrong?

I noticed in my router settings though that the vmware server is listed as a seperate connected computer with a different mac address than the main host. Is this how it is supposed to work? and this tricks runescape into thinking that it is 2 seperate computers interacting with each other?

SoupyBastrd
10-14-2006, 11:54 PM
uhh i installed vmware and i cant find where it says "typical"
anyhelp?

I Pick Axes
10-15-2006, 12:05 AM
uhh i installed vmware and i cant find where it says "typical"
anyhelp?Create a new virtual machine.

SoupyBastrd
10-15-2006, 02:31 AM
Nm i figured it out!
Ty robertybob
it just laggs alot... :p

komokazi
11-11-2006, 03:25 AM
works great for xp (well, i got core 2 duo + 2 gigs ram :P) just gotta work out my internet connection.

aha! fixed it.. just bridged 2 connections together... i forget that part :P

edit

with a second monitor... so much better... so much cleaner, and easier to use.

dontpanic
11-22-2006, 04:14 AM
Very helpfull! however, xp lagged way too much :( so i got 98, however i need some help cause it only wants a big huge....................

16 colors!!!!!!!!!! :duh: :cool:

i tried changing to various other drivers, but noone of em seem to work, any help how i can get my needed cols? ( I dont think scar will work with 16 cols) :(
HELP PLZ

da_professa
11-24-2006, 09:23 AM
Ok i got a question.. Is there anything wrong with using windows 2000.. I mean all have talked abt 98 xp wht abt 2000.......... Hmm i downloaded 200 but internet is not working, any ideas..

da_professa
11-29-2006, 08:26 PM
hmm wierd.. I got windows xp internet to run when the network is not bridged.. But when it is it doesn't work..Plz help me pplz plzzzzzzzz

joshie
12-12-2006, 11:30 PM
:spot: :spot: :spot: installing now hope it works:spot: :spot: :spot:

Bramble
12-13-2006, 02:00 AM

but 98 also handles ram shitily, as in it will load into ram and sometimes sit in the pool for hours without it being called.

theking
12-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Were do i get a serial key?

EDIT:HAHA that was a retard question srry i found one but i still need help....Do i have to have os disk? And if i do does to have to be mine can i use my other big comps os disk..Mines home edition and the big comp is pro...so can i do that?

theking
12-23-2006, 02:49 AM
Can some one add me to msn or aim to help me?msn=gamemaster_36@hotmail.com aim=skatetopia@aol.com

EDIT:Do you think 95 would run better?
EDIT@:NEVER I GOT IT!!!! ty for tut man...Just one more question if someone will answer..How do i install my wirless card so i can connect to the internet?

Justin5
01-12-2007, 02:53 AM
This is strange, I get to the install my OS part and it says I need to put a Windows XP CD in...I have the Windows XP full edition CD that I have used to format countless times...I don't understand why it isn't taking my CD...

Any suggestions?

ry0240
01-16-2007, 03:44 AM
Does this work with windows 98 correctly??? i have attempted this before with windows Virtual PC software and was able to get everything working ,internet connection everything but it would only let me have 32bit color for one resouloution and with the that resouloution everything was BIG and couldnt see the entire RS screen....so was J/w if i should install xp ir 98 =/

snobrder
01-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Does this work with windows 98 correctly??? i have attempted this before with windows Virtual PC software and was able to get everything working ,internet connection everything but it would only let me have 32bit color for one resouloution and with the that resouloution everything was BIG and couldnt see the entire RS screen....so was J/w if i should install xp ir 98 =/
You need to install VMware tools... To do so start up Win98, hit Ctrl+Alt to release your mouse, click VM above the red and green arrows, go down to Install VMware tools. After installing right click on your desktop and go to the settings tab to adjust the resolution and color. Hope this help

Ejjman
01-27-2007, 03:51 AM
Time to bump ol' posts! lol, jk, I just set one up, neglecting doing it, but that was easy. :)

Mr.Klean
02-10-2007, 04:49 AM
I found this quite a while ago and i just updated my machine, and i think i can run in heartily now.

But i was wondering why is everyone using windows virtual machines when you could run just a boot disc of like knoppix or puppy linux.

Does linux not work or something? Well i am going to try it now so hopefully i will get results and maybe people with slower comps can run it with linux :D

EDIT: Ughhh been going at this for almost 5 hours now, I tried doing versions of linux but they would install VMware server right so i couldnt get internet on them. So i decided to go get a copy of 98 SE off torrentreactor and i sat around for an hour waiting for that thing to install. Even running in a virtual machine the OS still messes up and goes non responding even running in VMware...

98 is and always will be crap.

I tried to install Xp but my install disc wont read and i am trying to find one that i can read from an .iso online. I dont know why but if i go into the Virtual machine at full screen scrolling down a page makes my CPU run at 100 percent and scrolling lags.

I am guessing this is caused because it is having to be managed by VMware so we can use it and stuff like that.

I am running an AMD 3200+ at 2 ghz with 768 ram. 364mb of ram split between operating systems and 98 in virtual will do nothing and xp on regular runs just fine. I dont know if i did something wrong yet but i hope to find a xp .iso online because 98 SUCKS!!!

snobrder
02-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Scar does not work in linux

Mr.Klean
02-17-2007, 02:09 AM
are you sure, even with wine it still doesnt?

Smartzkid
02-17-2007, 04:37 AM
A few notes:
First off, just download vmware workstation; I find it's alot easier to use
Second, vmware can install off of an iso: ie, I rip my xpcd to my harddrive, then I tell vmware to 'insert' the iso into the virtual pc's drive and install that way, instead of having to use my actual xp cd. Why? Read on and you'll see.
Third, If you want a fast, lean xp iso to install on your virtual pc, get nlite (www.nliteos.com) and follow the online instructions to create a nice, trimmed down version of xp
Also, you should make a backup of your virtual pc as soon as you get it all set up for macroing. This will greatly speed things up if you ever have to reinstall the virtual pc, just point vmware to the backup you made, and *pop* you have a shiny new install of xp already ready to macro
Lastly, Virtualpc's are just as susceptible to virii as any install of xp, so you might want to have some sort of antivirus running on it. Ofcourse, as long as you make a backup of your virtual pc after it's all set up, it won't be a big deal if you get a virus-just restore your backup

snobrder
02-17-2007, 06:54 AM
are you sure, even with wine it still doesnt?
nope, you are not able to capture the rs client with the target thing, i have already tried

ry0240
02-18-2007, 01:13 AM
Hey ive figured out to get this working for awhile now...but today i attempted to run to virtual pc's for autoing...the 2 os's run fine but when it comes time to play rs they lag like hell...i wanted to know if your virtual pc can run off your REAL video card....because it would be alot easier to run more pc's as your processor doesnt have to deal with virtual video to...does anyone know if this is possible?

Jagex_Fagex
02-18-2007, 04:24 AM
just wondering if anyone can make me an os to run on it, i am currently running XP pro but i can't find my cd

snobrder
02-18-2007, 09:41 PM
just wondering if anyone can make me an os to run on it, i am currently running XP pro but i can't find my cd
dude just download from a torrent site :google:

tarajunky
02-20-2007, 04:40 PM
FYI, Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 is now available for FREE.

I currently use VMWare with VMTools and it works great. Virtual PC 2004 was a piece of garbage for RS autoing. I don't know if 2007 will be any better, but if someone wants to try it out, here is the link.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=04D26402-3199-48A3-AFA2-2DC0B40A73B6&displaylang=en
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=04D26402-3199-48A3-AFA2-2DC0B40A73B6&displaylang=en)

testje
02-22-2007, 07:36 PM
Tutorial great, not a single problem.
About that Linux thingy, I came up with one thing:
The crosshair works inside Scar itsel: you can select parts of the scar window.
So I think that if you use a win version of FF in wine, then you might be able to select the Runescape window.
Could someone test this please?

Mjordan
03-18-2007, 04:27 AM
well im gonna try and set this up and ill post how it goes. And a big disappointment lol, i thought that i would be able to minimize the window and SCAR still auto. I could get another monitor though so how would i go about using two monitors?

Dark_Sniper
03-18-2007, 05:42 AM
if you do not install vmtools you are able to minimize the window.

HanTu
03-18-2007, 03:28 PM
Hello to all,

I got some seriously noob questions to ask as I'm still a chicken. Here they are.

1. Lets say u finally installed everything and get it working. How does it work? Do u have to double click an icon to activate it or its permanently split into 2?
2. I like to have 2 accounts autoing at the same time. Do I need 2 monitor? I only have one 19 Inch Screen. Is it sufficient?
3. If I tried it out and it lags like hell, how can I uninstall it and let the computer be at the original state again?

Thanks a lot for reading. Greater thanks to those who actually took some time to reply to these rather stupid questions.

Mjordan
03-19-2007, 12:04 AM
if you do not install vmtools you are able to minimize the window.

yes but didnt he say since SCAR is a color clicker, you cant minimize it and still auto? or can you?

HanTu
03-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Would appreciate if any kind soul help me out with my last post. Still couldn't find answer.

U may also choose to add me on msn: ferrino11@hotmail.com if its more convenient to explain to me. :)

chuck chuckie
03-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Can someone please PM me a Download link for a Working ISO for win 98 or xp?

Becouse ive gotten lots downloaded and non work !! its anoying me!

Dark_Sniper
03-20-2007, 03:15 PM
yes but didnt he say since SCAR is a color clicker, you cant minimize it and still auto? or can you?

I minimize it and it works...

i ran a gob sched for 10 hours on it.

its did great.

dudesareus
03-20-2007, 10:37 PM
yo man, thanks for this, but I have 1 problem, I'm using a wireless connection to access the internet right now. Is 98 compatible with wireless?

Mjordan
03-21-2007, 02:17 AM
I minimize it and it works...

i ran a gob sched for 10 hours on it.

its did great.

ooo ok thanks, so I just don't install VMTools and I can auto minimized right? :D

and I tried to make one, but got this:
An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

HanTu
03-21-2007, 03:41 AM
Can anyone answer some of my noobish question on the previous page?

Mjordan
03-21-2007, 03:49 AM
it asks me for a serial number. Whats that mean?

EDIT: nvm i figured that out :)

Mjordan
03-22-2007, 08:00 PM
I cant find a working ISO for windows 95 or 98. Does anyone have one? (would prefer 95)

Smartzkid
03-22-2007, 08:08 PM
http://thepiratebay.org/search/windows%2095/0/0/0
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3510064/Microsoft.Windows.95-ORIGINAL

:google:

Haha, didn't know that 95 was only like 30mb's

Mjordan
03-22-2007, 08:47 PM
thanks lots, and i did google and look for one on torrentspy, demoniod, and some other site. Just couldnt find one.

EDIT: Ok I downloaded windows95 but now what do i do? Download it to a disk?

rkroxpunk
03-24-2007, 12:18 AM
ooo thx you just got me from hating the school tech team to loveing them. they put virtual machine on my computer and until now it was just taking up space but now when i free up enough space so i can run it lol i can actually have a use for it....wireless net works with it right?

tarajunky
03-24-2007, 01:09 AM
I checked, and I actually use Win98 SE. Once you have an ISO, you will need to burn it to a CD/DVD and then put it in your drive. You need to have your VM set up to link to your internet connection and to your drives.

When you start up the VM, you will then need to install Windows from the disk you burned it to.

rkroxpunk
03-24-2007, 08:23 AM
how do you minimize the VM or make the VM screen small? cos mine automatically goes full screen

lolpie
03-24-2007, 09:55 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but..what this basically does is it lets you auto on an account while playing CS or something?

amirite guyz? :D

Thanks

Mjordan
03-24-2007, 11:53 PM
@lolpie, yep thats right :)

@Tara, Ok thanks im out of town right now, but when i get back home ill do that and tell you how it goes.

rkroxpunk
03-25-2007, 12:07 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but..what this basically does is it lets you auto on an account while playing CS or something?

amirite guyz? :D

Thanks

if you don't mind getting your ass kicked....cos it lags you a lot and you will probably appear on their screen a bit before they appear on your screen.

does this mean if i make 2 virtual machine accounts i can auto X3 one on each VM and another on host?

WinterDream
03-25-2007, 01:02 AM

tarajunky
03-25-2007, 02:26 AM
If you Ctrl+Alt+Del and go to your system processes you can change the priority on your programs. Like if you want to use Firefox while your VM is running, you could raise the priority of Firefox to above average or whatever, then you won't have lag.

You could also try lowering the priority of the VM process, but I usually do it the other way around.

WinterDream
03-25-2007, 02:35 AM

dwas-woot
03-25-2007, 03:54 AM
Would this Work on a Vista OS?

Mjordan
03-25-2007, 11:48 PM
Would this Work on a Vista OS?

it would, but vista takes up too much space. Thats why people mostly use Win95 or 98 on a virtual computer.

cr1mson
03-26-2007, 06:49 PM
First off if you need help installing VMware you can always add me on MSN or leave me a message here. I might not do great at scripting but I like this kinda stuff. Soooooo.... If you need any help installing this....

Secondly.... If I try running more than 1 app in Vmware it clogs up bigtime. Is this because I only used 2 gig hardrives? It should probably work on 128mb ram since i have another computer which runs Runescape with 128mb ram (the same at which my VM is set) 256mb ram seems to make no diffrence. Im using windows 98 SE on a 2.8ghz dualcore (equipped to deal with multiple VM's I'd say) and 1024mb ram. ....help... *squick* :spongebob:

Aje
03-26-2007, 08:03 PM
OK, when i;m at the download site, it says i need a user... I dont wanna register... Can someone give me a user and pass on it? or do i HAVE to register... Anyway, Does runescape Lag a lot? because with Microsoft VM, it lags so ooooooooo much.

EDIT: never mind, i found a way to get passed that log in thing.

Now i need this IIS thingy... where do i get it? EDIT: nvm, got it fixed

Hey,

How do i solve the IIS thingy issue, i got it as well

Aje
03-26-2007, 09:25 PM
where can u get the serial for VMware?

Thanks

EDIT: I think i found now.. by registering?

Smartzkid
03-26-2007, 09:34 PM
You do know that theres a lot of versions of VMware...every one has different serials...you're gonna have to post your VMware version if you want a serial for it

Aje
03-26-2007, 09:57 PM
You do know that theres a lot of versions of VMware...every one has different serials...you're gonna have to post your VMware version if you want a serial for it

Oh yea, i got the one from the link in first post, i think i got the serial now.

Thansk for your help

Aje
03-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Hey, Kool i finally got the software running but need to do the final setups for graphics and stuff. It has no option for 32bit???? i installed Windoes 98 SE.

i clicked on full screen for VMware but i dunno how to make it normal window again, any help? Is there a short cut key?

Thanks

Nice Tutorial

spermis
03-31-2007, 12:57 PM
where to get that serial number for VMware?
and could this version work too?

VMWare GSX Server 3.2.0 + Workstation 5.5.0

Mjordan
03-31-2007, 01:23 PM
where to get that serial number for VMware?
and could this version work too?

VMWare GSX Server 3.2.0 + Workstation 5.5.0

just register at their site and it gives you however many serials you choose. And just download whatever this tut tells you to. But does anyone know if workstation is better than server? Cause some people told me they use workstation instead.

spermis
04-01-2007, 02:54 PM
i dont think it is better because i dont really like it.. i can run just 1 virtual machine and i run RS on virtual machine but on host (not virtual machine) i cant run RS because it lags too much and i gave virtual machine only 256 mb ram but my PC is 2.8ghz Pentium 4 and 1gb ram.

And do i have to pay to register?

Mr.Klean
04-01-2007, 03:08 PM
And do i have to pay to register?

No, you just have to register with an email and all that stuff and you can get as many serials that you want. Read some of the other posts that were made, maybe you wouldnt ask.

i clicked on full screen for VMware but i dunno how to make it normal window again, any help? Is there a short cut key?

Press the mouse unlock key. Crtl + Alt
It gives you the window back and frees the mouse.

Secondly.... If I try running more than 1 app in Vmware it clogs up bigtime. Is this because I only used 2 gig hardrives? It should probably work on 128mb ram since i have another computer which runs Runescape with 128mb ram (the same at which my VM is set) 256mb ram seems to make no diffrence. Im using windows 98 SE on a 2.8ghz dualcore (equipped to deal with multiple VM's I'd say) and 1024mb ram. ....help... *squick*

Your processor does have the power for a Virtual machine, but i would invest in a tad bit more ram, like about maybe another 512mb or so and split that evenly down the middle for the virtual machine. And before you start up the virtual machine go into the processes list in the task manager and stop any processes that are not base windows processes. This could allow the virtual machine to run maybe with just 1gb of ram, its a possibility if you have a lot of stuff running on the base machine.

Mjordan
04-01-2007, 07:27 PM
hey mr. klean, you seem to know alot about this. Could you possible help me :D if so just pm me or hit me up on MSN.

Mr.Klean
04-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Mjordan i added you on MSN ;)

Aje
04-02-2007, 12:14 AM
Mjordan i added you on MSN ;)

Add me too

Mr.Klean
04-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Add me too

I can't you don't have your MSN email on the forums.

Mjordan
04-03-2007, 03:02 AM
@mr. klean, ok thanks. I should be on sometime this week on wednesday or friday then all weekend. (i have track on tuesday and thursday)

spermis
04-03-2007, 11:45 AM

http://z08.zupload.com/download.php?file=getfile&filepath=13734You need to download both and then extract. Either one of em. 1 or 2. It will extract both, no matter which one you choose to extract. :)

Password:

Register codes:

If needed...
It says - the file is no longer available.. could someone give other link?

Aidan
04-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Will i need to find my windows disk to do this?

Mr.Klean
04-04-2007, 01:43 AM
spermis, i will try to find another link for you.

Aidan, you need a windows install disc or a image file of it to install a windows platform on the virtual machine because it is like an empty hard drive and installing windows on it.

Mjordan
04-06-2007, 03:10 PM
BIG thanks to mr. klean!! He's a great guy and he knows what he's doing. He stayed with me through all my stupidity lol, and helped me set up my VM. Thanks lots man. :D

~alex~
04-06-2007, 08:57 PM
I dont particularly want to read through every post, but has it been confirmed or denied that you can run scar on a minimised vm?

Boreas
04-06-2007, 09:08 PM
confirmed

~alex~
04-06-2007, 09:54 PM
thanks Boreas ;)

Mjordan
04-06-2007, 10:27 PM
And is it confirmed that you can do it even if you install VMware Tools? Because some people have told me if I want to auto minimized then not to install VMware Tools, then on the other hand, other people have told me that even if you do install VMtools then you can still auto minimized.

rkroxpunk
04-12-2007, 01:01 PM
you can auto with the VM minimized not the actual RS window on the VM...for example you open the VM open up RS run ur script or whatevs then keeping the rs screen maximized minimize ur VM.....O.o VMVMVMVMVM :D lol hope that was what you were asking.

Oh and this is for my version of VM I don't know what you're using and i don't know what mine is because the genius......<insert smothered laughing sound here> tech team at school installed the VM on all our laptops because they took our admin away and they said you can use that instead. Pity they forgot that unlike the school they went to we get educated and develop a brain and after their second attempt to make us lose admin (the first attempt they forgot roflmfao!) I just downloaded a password reseter off the net and passed it around the school :D but enough about my genius <try not to insert a smothered laugh here> I think it's called Virtual PC Console but I don't know :D

crackkilzu
04-16-2007, 02:16 AM
I'm sorry but I just can't get the OS to install. Can some one tell me exactly what needs to be set to what drive. I'm so confused

Nvm I got it.

lolpie
04-16-2007, 02:45 AM
What's the best OS to install on a VM?

Mr.Klean
04-16-2007, 12:10 PM
What's the best OS to install on a VM?

Well personally i use XP SP1 but for most people that there internet providers aren't evil little..... I would suggest 98, It uses little system resources to run itself.

PwNZoRNooB
04-17-2007, 12:16 PM
But this is a little complicated to me cuz the net goes thru firewall and then all coms have same IP :p
Can't log in with 2 sametime :redface:

Markus
04-17-2007, 12:48 PM
If you can't login twice at the same time, you're doing something wrong. RS doesn't check for IP's, but for UID's.

And is it confirmed that you can do it even if you install VMware Tools? Because some people have told me if I want to auto minimized then not to install VMware Tools, then on the other hand, other people have told me that even if you do install VMtools then you can still auto minimized.

Yes you can do it even with VMWare tools (I can confirm that). It will only visually hide the mouse once you ungrab it, but it's still there making all the movements.

crackkilzu
04-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Dumb question, how do you get windows 98 into 32 bit color? The option isn't there and the only screen resolution I can set it to is 600/400 (something like that). 32 just isn't there.

Mr.Klean
04-17-2007, 11:12 PM
Dumb question, how do you get windows 98 into 32 bit color? The option isn't there and the only screen resolution I can set it to is 66/400 (something like that). 32 just isn't there.

You have to install VMware tools and the option in the drop down menu comes up i think.

crackkilzu
04-18-2007, 02:03 AM
OK that's fixed now, how do I get it so I can change the screen resolution?

IEatJ00erBaybees
04-19-2007, 03:44 AM
OMG. Alright. I downloaded that torrent of Win95. It was a RAR file. I extracted it to a CD-Readable (not R/RW) CD. It's all on there. Now I boot up the VM with Auto-Detect CD-ROM and it says there is not a program or bootable CD w/ Operating System...WHY!? Yes there is!

Snowplowman
04-20-2007, 02:06 PM
How can I reduce the lag???? :confused:

Mjordan
04-21-2007, 12:41 AM
How can I reduce the lag???? :confused:

Yeah thats a BIG problem with a lot of people. You most likely don't have a good enough computer. I myself don't have enough RAM so mine lags very badly. Give some details on your computer and what OS your running on the VM and we'll tell you whats wrong ;)

Snowplowman
04-21-2007, 01:03 AM
Heres some, what might a OS be and where do I find it?

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/3923/34588387sz2.png

Thats what my regular comp is, where do I go for the things im running on VM? Or what information do you need to know about what I'm using on VM?

Bam Bam
04-21-2007, 01:27 AM
Heres some, what might a OS be and where do I find it?

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/3923/34588387sz2.png

Thats what my regular comp is, where do I go for the things im running on VM? Or what information do you need to know about what I'm using on VM?

OS = Operating System
ie: Windows Xp Professional

And in my opinion it looks like your machine should be able to hande VM's better than most computers

Snowplowman
04-21-2007, 01:36 AM
Wow, I'm running 2 runescape pages, one in VM and one on my regular comp, and the one in VM is like super slow motion. The regular page on my main computer is just laggy. I know the TUT said something about changing the ram for the VM, but idk where to change that.

I have Windows XP Home edition (for the other post up there)

Mjordan
04-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Wow, I'm running 2 runescape pages, one in VM and one on my regular comp, and the one in VM is like super slow motion. The regular page on my main computer is just laggy. I know the TUT said something about changing the ram for the VM, but idk where to change that.

I have Windows XP Home edition (for the other post up there)

Well I suggest using Windows98 on your VM. And to change the RAM on your VM open up VMServer, and before you start up the VM double click "memory" under Devices, and just clide the little selector to however much RAM you want.

Snowplowman
04-21-2007, 10:51 PM
I don't have a legal copy of windows 98 :x Where might I be able to find one, or if anyone would be kind enough to send me one :)?

IEatJ00erBaybees
04-21-2007, 11:57 PM
Yay! I finally got mine to work ^_^. I had to install VMWare tools, and now it runs great :P

Bam Bam
04-22-2007, 01:26 AM
I don't have a legal copy of windows 98 :x Where might I be able to find one, or if anyone would be kind enough to send me one :)?

Im not so sure Microsoft cares about people pirating Windows 98 they don't even offer support for it now :spot:

Mjordan
04-22-2007, 01:26 AM

Search for an ISO on a torrent site.

crackkilzu
04-22-2007, 08:07 PM
I have an AMD processor, and I'm running vista. Do you think if I installed windows XP my computer would lag alot?

Mr.Klean
04-22-2007, 08:13 PM
I have an AMD processor, and I'm running vista. Do you think if I installed windows XP my computer would lag alot?

"AMD processor" doesnt tell us much about your computer. Vista is a resource hog so i doubt you could run anything on it. Get rid of vista and you might be able to do something if you have a fast computer

Deni_mulic
04-24-2007, 05:27 AM
Lol vista is so gay im suprised u can even run rs on it

hello9876123
04-25-2007, 11:27 PM
I just downloaded the virtual machine and operating system but i have a question. What happens when the operating system on the VM gets a virus or any trojan? Is a VM treated like a seperate computer or what?

Mjordan
04-25-2007, 11:31 PM
I just downloaded the virtual machine and operating system but i have a question. What happens when the operating system on the VM gets a virus or any trojan? Is a VM treated like a seperate computer or what?

Yep its treated just like a separate computer. Although if you are just wanting to auto on the VM then you shouldn't get a virus. Now if your looking at porn or surfing the web on your VM (which why would anyone?) then most definitely have anti-virus protection on there.

hello9876123
04-26-2007, 05:05 AM
Yep its treated just like a separate computer. Although if you are just wanting to auto on the VM then you shouldn't get a virus. Now if your looking at porn or surfing the web on your VM (which why would anyone?) then most definitely have anti-virus protection on there.

k, thanks, all im doing with the VM is trade to myself on runescape
and is there a way to make the screen bigger and switch back and forth to my real comp? cause when i load rs on the VM, its small and i cant really move around

alach11
04-26-2007, 05:09 AM
change your screen resolution, right click on desktop, go to properties, then settings

Dark_Sniper
04-26-2007, 07:41 AM

(cause parents are to dumb to access Vm but check all profiles frequantly......)

XD

i had a vid tut for this...

Dunceiam
05-01-2007, 01:04 AM
Ahhh...nevermind everyone. I finally got it working (It's getting the 8 gig ready at the moment...) Thanks for this tut Roberty and also Dark_Sniper. Yours also proved quite useful :).

-Dunceiam

Pentti
05-01-2007, 08:43 AM
I instaled Parallels workstation yesterday, it's a virtual pc software. It works great, no lag at all.
Only thing I need help with, is setting up internet to work in it(, so I can auto with many accounts at the same time. :D).
I have tried everything, but I can't get it work.
If anyone uses Parallels workstation, can you please tell me how can I use same internet connection in it as I have in my "main" OS.
(I have wireless network)

Mr.Klean
05-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Pentti what operating system are you using in Parallels?

Pentti
05-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Pentti what operating system are you using in Parallels?
Windows XP Home edition.

Dunceiam
05-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Hmmm...I had my Windows XP Activation Code, but it doesn't work? Can someone post a link or something, I tried to find one last night, and it seems tht I got 2 trojans and a worm :(. Ran 3 scans with 5 anti-virus/spyware so far :p. Think I got them out, ...nevermind.... pop-up came up saying that a worm was detected.

Back to running scans?

-Dunceiam

ub3r |<1||3r*1337*
05-02-2007, 01:48 AM
VMware 1.0.0.2 is not that great.. Runescape will lag like crazy, as 1.0.0.2 does not have that great of drivers for good speedy graphics.

I recommend using VMware Workstation 5. The graphics are great, almost as good as the non-virtual computer, and SCAR works good on it.

Mr.Klean
05-02-2007, 02:40 AM
Windows XP Home edition.

Umm, try running the auto detect driver thing in xp, thats what i did for my XP in VM. Also if you have options for ethernet choose NAT its easiest to setup.

Hmmm...I had my Windows XP Activation Code, but it doesn't work? Can someone post a link or something, I tried to find one last night, and it seems tht I got 2 trojans and a worm . Ran 3 scans with 5 anti-virus/spyware so far . Think I got them out, ...nevermind.... pop-up came up saying that a worm was detected.

Back to running scans?

-Dunceiam

Dunceiam send me a message on MSN and i will give you one.

radioactive_werewolf
05-02-2007, 03:17 AM
What do you think would be the best Virtual Machine software as in the one that consumes the fewest resources and runs the fastest? Right now I'm running tinyxp using Virtualbox and it doesn't seem too bad. I've got a 3.2GHZ processor and 1GB RAM but judging from the processor usage I'm seeing I don't think I could be autoing more than 2 at once on my computer.

As far as the operating system for your virtual machines goes I suggest you try out tinyxp. It takes less than 1GB of hard drive space to install and uses far far less RAM than XP normally uses. I'm sure you'll be able to find it on a wide variety of torrent sites.

Mr.Klean
05-02-2007, 12:19 PM
What do you think would be the best Virtual Machine software as in the one that consumes the fewest resources and runs the fastest? Right now I'm running tinyxp using Virtualbox and it doesn't seem too bad. I've got a 3.2GHZ processor and 1GB RAM but judging from the processor usage I'm seeing I don't think I could be autoing more than 2 at once on my computer.

As far as the operating system for your virtual machines goes I suggest you try out tinyxp. It takes less than 1GB of hard drive space to install and uses far far less RAM than XP normally uses. I'm sure you'll be able to find it on a wide variety of torrent sites.

I haven't really looked through alot of virtual machine software. But i have looked through some of them. I was told about Microsoft Virtual PC by someone i was helping on MSN,(i can't for the life of me remember who) and even though its by microsoft it seems to be one of the better virtual machine programs that i have used. It seems as though that microsoft Virtual PC takes less power to emulate it then much else.

Tinyxp rules as its very easy to use and doesn't hog anything up. Actually i am running it on two of my computers as there main operating system and i haven't run into any problems with it.

What kind of processor do you have werewolf? If its a cheap-o cpu with just a high clock speed then 2 VM's running are actually quite good.

Although i am getting the new quad core :f: yes the new quad core by intel, $1000 of pure power (h) The quad core is going to be quite fun, and i will tell you all how it goes.

radioactive_werewolf
05-02-2007, 07:27 PM
What kind of processor do you have werewolf? If its a cheap-o cpu with just a high clock speed then 2 VM's running are actually quite good.

I've got a Pentium 4.

Although i am getting the new quad core yes the new quad core by intel, $1000 of pure power

Awesome dude!

It seems as though that microsoft Virtual PC takes less power to emulate it then much else.

I'll check that out sometime. I'm sure that when I was looking through the various VM's I came across that before but my habit of avoiding Microsoft products whenever possible must've deterred me.

Mr.Klean
05-03-2007, 01:41 AM
I'll check that out sometime. I'm sure that when I was looking through the various VM's I came across that before but my habit of avoiding Microsoft products whenever possible must've deterred me.

I have the same habit but it was recommended by a friend so i knew it must not be total crap.

lolpie
05-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Some questions

-Which is better, VM Workstation 5.5 or Virtual PC 2007? I don't know which one to choose :(
-If I wanna auto minimized, do I install VMTools? Are there any problems with it?

Thanks

P.S Will be running TinyXP on host and VM along with 2GB of RAM and a E6300...hope it's enough

Mjordan
05-05-2007, 02:57 AM
Some questions

-Which is better, VM Workstation 5.5 or Virtual PC 2007? I don't know which one to choose :(
-If I wanna auto minimized, do I install VMTools? Are there any problems with it?

Thanks

P.S Will be running TinyXP on host and VM along with 2GB of RAM and a E6300...hope it's enough

Well tarajunky told me that Virtual PC is crap for autoing(that was a later version though so don't know about now). And I do know that tara uses Workstation, but a lot of people use VMWare Server and it works fine.

And yes you should install VMTools right after you get your OS set up on the VM. It won't affect anything if you want to auto minimized.

And your computer is plenty good enough to run a VM. Maybe even about 3 VM's if you use Windows 98 on them.

IEatJ00erBaybees
05-05-2007, 03:17 PM
TinyXP, here I come!

Nevermind, I need a small OS that will run well under 256MB RAM (1GB on my actual comp) and will run SCAR.

tarajunky
05-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Virtual PC 2006 was horrible when I tried it. VMWare with VMTools installed is great. I can actually auto on 2 instances of the VM on my new machine and still use it for surfing and stuff. I use Win98 SE for my OS.

RudeBoiAlex
05-05-2007, 03:54 PM
can someone help me get an iso for vista premium plz

crapkiller
05-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Can someone help me get an ISO for Windows 98 ? I tried a torrent but i cant find the .iso thing...

RudeBoiAlex
05-05-2007, 04:24 PM
i think theres 1 on first page

crapkiller
05-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Find not found... Probably deleted cause its illegal...

Mjordan
05-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Find not found... Probably deleted cause its illegal...

Look again. LaBo posted two of them on the first page.

RudeBoiAlex
05-05-2007, 06:07 PM
hey mj can u go on msn plz its about a VM

Mjordan
05-05-2007, 06:21 PM
hey mj can u go on msn plz its about a VM

Sure I'll be on in just a minute.

RudeBoiAlex
05-05-2007, 06:39 PM
thanks man

IEatJ00erBaybees
05-05-2007, 11:11 PM

Password:

Register codes:

If needed...

That's it...too bad none of them are available. =\

crapkiller
05-06-2007, 04:19 AM
Its ok i found a torrent. I already dled a torrent but couldnt find the iso lol i found it though... it looked like a rar file... but VMWare says its an iso and its working fine so far...

EDIT: while installing it tells your bout windows 98 new features... its so funny how there like "OMG! BACK BUTTONS!"

Dan Cardin
05-07-2007, 07:26 PM
"For XP, I used my disc. For a Win98 SE install I got an ISO. "

where would i get and ISO a vm...and does it have to be the same as the compu use it on?

Mr.Klean
05-08-2007, 12:24 PM
"For XP, I used my disc. For a Win98 SE install I got an ISO. "

where would i get and ISO a vm...and does it have to be the same as the compu use it on?

I don't really understand what you are trying to say Dan. Are you asking does the virtual machines OS have to be the same as the hosts OS? No it does not. It can be any OS's.

If anyone needs a link to a torrent of an .iso of an OS PM me and i will get you one.

Adamb_135
05-08-2007, 11:18 PM
My computer cant handle this probably but nice guide!

Mjordan
05-09-2007, 02:13 AM
My computer cant handle this probably but nice guide!

Post your computer specs, and me or someone else will tell you if it will be able to handle it or not :)

crackkilzu
05-09-2007, 03:28 AM
Post your computer specs, and me or someone else will tell you if it will be able to handle it or not :)

Pentium 3. 750mb RAM.

I can run simple scripts on both at the same time. Double power mining is sorta useful.

Aje
05-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Pentium 3. 750mb RAM.

I can run simple scripts on both at the same time. Double power mining is sorta useful.

Yes u will bw able to rune 2 scripts at the same time, contact me via msn for further help.

Mr.Klean
05-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Pentium 3. 750mb RAM.

Aje, i really don't think your right. I think i remember the top speed ever produced for a Pentium 3 processor was like 1.13ghz. Now even if you do have that speed, i think you might be able to run a VERY simple script on each but nothing complicated. I am actually surprised that you can run a VM.

I'm not totally sure but on my old AMD at 1.2ghz it can't run a VM at all.

stupedspam
05-09-2007, 01:20 PM
I am haveing a problem withing booting the VM, It will load but gets an error 'Can't find CD to Boot'. What does this meen and how do I corect it? I have instaled It corectly but the Tut just ends, leaving out how to get it to boot up, this might just be my problem but if you could help that would be great:D
Thanks
~Stupedspam

Mjordan
05-09-2007, 04:45 PM
I am haveing a problem withing booting the VM, It will load but gets an error 'Can't find CD to Boot'. What does this meen and how do I corect it? I have instaled It corectly but the Tut just ends, leaving out how to get it to boot up, this might just be my problem but if you could help that would be great:D
Thanks
~Stupedspam

You need to install an OS on the VM. Wether it be an ISO or from an actual disk.

stupedspam
05-10-2007, 03:20 AM
What is an ISO and how do I make/find it? thanks for the help sp far :D
~Stupedspam

Dunceiam
05-10-2007, 03:37 AM
ISO=Illegal "copy"?

As for getting one, I won't give you any links cause thats how I got my worm :(.

Lol
-Dunceiam

Mr.Klean
05-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Umm PM Me or add me on msn. Its up by my post count, i have plenty of links without viruses, or i will just create my own torrent for you.

Oh, an .iso is all the data off a disc and if you run it in an emulator program your computer thinks there is actually a disc drive with that disc in it even though its the .iso file.
Dunno if you got that but i will find a better way to explain it in a minute.

EDIT: good ol' wikipedia to the rescue on explaining .iso's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_image

nooneyouknow
05-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Hmm i set up vmware and made a virtual machine and installed windows 98 SE on it, but it wont find my main computer on the network, any ideas?

IEatJ00erBaybees
05-12-2007, 02:58 AM
If I may, I'd totally recommend using Microsoft Virtual PC. It works like a charm :). It's lag-free for me. ISO's are easy to load in. Setting it up is way easier and basic than VMWare.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/virtualpc/default.mspx

The hardest thing is creating the virtual hard drive, and all that is, is saying how much you want to be on there (Remember, 1000MB = 1 GB) and where to save it :)

Markus
05-12-2007, 07:46 AM
If I may, I'd totally recommend using Microsoft Virtual PC. It works like a charm :). It's lag-free for me. ISO's are easy to load in. Setting it up is way easier and basic than VMWare.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/virtualpc/default.mspx

The hardest thing is creating the virtual hard drive, and all that is, is saying how much you want to be on there (Remember, 1000MB = 1 GB) and where to save it :)

VMWare owns Virtual PC. The newest version of Workstation 6 even has paravirtualisation from within the kernel of the os (linux or windows). This means that the VM has direct access to the processor and the RAM, increasing performance heavily and reducing lag. And in VMWare, you only have to click next a couple of times to create a VM. Only at the network tab you have to select NAT.

Min specs for a VM: P4 2.0 ghz 256mb ram. Give the guest os 64mb ram and you should be fine. Tested this with VMWare and it works like a charm :), only some lag because of the bad specs of the host pc.

IEatJ00erBaybees
05-13-2007, 02:06 AM
VMWare for me lags like CRAZY and VMWare Tools is a pain in the ass to install on TinyXP.

sherlockmeister
05-16-2007, 09:16 PM
just wondering...can you auto on the virtual and use the normal for surfing web, homework, etc.?

edit: might as well try to answer a question when i ask one

if you have a .iso downloaded and have no idea what to do with it try the following:
1. burn it and then run the cd/dvd, there are many good free burning softwares (google it)
2. better way: mount it on a virtual drive with daemon tools (google it). this program make the computer think that the .iso is actually a cd/dvd in your cd/dvd drive so you can run it that way (its also a lot faster than burning)!!!

IEatJ00erBaybees
05-16-2007, 10:26 PM
just wondering...can you auto on the virtual and use the normal for surfing web, homework, etc.?

What else would it be good for? :)

sherlockmeister
05-16-2007, 10:38 PM
im surprised that this method is not more well known, when i asked the same question on sythe they told me it was impossible. it seems to be simple enough with a little bit of patience and a decent system.

Mjordan
05-16-2007, 11:40 PM
What else would it be good for? :)
Looking at porn on your VM. As long as you have virus protection and all that crap :D

im surprised that this method is not more well known, when i asked the same question on sythe they told me it was impossible. it seems to be simple enough with a little bit of patience and a decent system.
Lol what would you expect from sythe? Now I'm not saying there aren't any very knowledgeable, good people on sythe, because there is. Just most aren't...

PwNZoRNooB
05-17-2007, 07:55 PM
This is cool, I need to set up my TV (32" <3) to a dual screen to my 19" :)
First I need to install stuff and things though.

sherlockmeister
05-18-2007, 09:26 PM
just wondering what operating systems you can use with runescape? i am using windows which takes a lot of memory so i can't really do anything else anyway.

Dan Cardin
05-19-2007, 11:22 AM
where do i get an iso for 98?

Mjordan
05-19-2007, 03:04 PM
where do i get an ISO for 98?
Look for one on a torrent site, or on here or moparisthebest. I got mine from a link in a tut on moparisthebest, and I know there are some links to Win98 ISO's in this thread.

mastaraymond
05-20-2007, 09:51 AM
Really thanks for the TIP of using a virtual PC. Was a bit messing with the Win98SE install, but i got it working! VMware Workstation v6 + Win98SE (Dutch!). I can use 2 scar's right now! But i thought i read somewhere that if I install WinXP on it, it will work faster? Because it doesn't have to convert Win98 to WinXP? If it works faster, I'll install WinXP! Thanks, for tipping this program.

Raymond

RudeBoiAlex
05-20-2007, 10:22 AM
*swears at vista* wish i had xp vista suxs for autoing but still i can run itt overnight but i cant get a vm

Markus
05-20-2007, 11:48 AM
VMWare for me lags like CRAZY and VMWare Tools is a pain in the ass to install on TinyXP.

Get the newest version of VMWare Workstation and use nLite to make your own TinyXP.

PwNZoRNooB
05-20-2007, 07:45 PM
I've checked the mins specs but can this run 2 scars on a VM without lag?

CPU : AMD Athlon +3000 (don't know what speed :S)
Ram : 1 Gt, DDR 466Mhz
Grapchics card : Nvidia 6600GT 128mb

Boreas
05-21-2007, 01:18 AM
I've checked the mins specs but can this run 2 scars on a VM without lag?

CPU : AMD Athlon +3000 (don't know what speed :S)
Ram : 1 Gt, DDR 466Mhz
Grapchics card : Nvidia 6600GT 128mb

Some lag, but it's doable. I had close to that, but then I upgraded to dual core 3800+ 2.01ghz 2gig ram and now I get 0 lag.

seungki
05-23-2007, 03:21 AM
Erm.... SCAR was made for 1 bot on 1 computer (Not sure what Kaitnieks had in mind when he made silentmouse)... If pushing the limits is too hard, I'd suggest non-hardcore people just chill and use what SCAR was intended for. Lol.

Nevertheless, this is a great find and I suppose lots of SCAR people can finally enjoy autoing on more than 1 account? I dunno, I don't auto with anything (I have access to everything, I just...dislike autoing lol. I suck at rs :( )

-Seungki

script dump ur m0m
05-23-2007, 11:14 PM
Does this method Still work?

I'm getting a new computer this summer that's supposed to have a rape procceser and grafix card.

Trench Coat
05-24-2007, 09:33 PM
ok I hate having problems with an eazy thing to do but I am having problems downloading the ISO (operating system) I have the entier thing made it is just blank and i have tryed lanching it form an CD and from a torrent.

What i have done
1. eddit vm seting> Cd rom drive coneted it and put a cd in my cdrom> started up Vm> No bootable cd
2. eddit vm seting> Cdrom> use ISO> Selected the torret> Started UP Vm> No bootable cd

Can any one please go into detal on how I do this cuse what I am doing is not working

Mjordan
05-25-2007, 12:19 AM
@Trench Coat, if you use the " #2" way you said then make sure you actually go in the file and select the ISO. Not just the file. It's tricky and took me and mr. klean a while to figure out for me. It might take some hard hunting to find it.

Trench Coat
05-25-2007, 06:56 AM
figered it out and i know once i got it i would feal kinda stuped but i know what was wrong

windows 95 would not work so i downloaded 98 which was in a iso file allredy and every thing worked out nice
thx for this it is gona help me alot

Appeljuice
06-03-2007, 03:50 AM
well, i got it all to work fine but theres one problem. it uses 98% of my processing power, and i have a 2.8 ghz Pentium D processor. Anyone else get this or have a solution. i don't think the problem is that my processor is too slow...:confused:

tarajunky
06-03-2007, 04:22 AM
I noticed that RAM speed has a HUGE impact on VMs. When I first built my computer, it would run pretty well at the default settings. Then I changed the speed of my RAM in the BIOS from 533 to 800, and it now runs much, much better.

One other thing I did was make it so each VM only runs on 1 core. Originally I had both VMs set to use 2 cores, and I think that made them compete for CPU resources. With both set to 1 they each get their own core to run on and don't bother the other.

I suggest that people look into ram tweaking and see if they can squeeze out a little more speed in that area if you want to make your VMs run the best they can.

tim46
06-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Hmm, interesting. 1 question, would this work with Vista?

neG
06-03-2007, 01:35 PM
If you can find a Virtual Machine that runs on Vista, it will work on Vista :)

tim46
06-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Well...is this a virtual machine that would work with Vista? :p
I'm guessing that it won't, but better to be sure...

sherlockmeister
06-03-2007, 02:27 PM
figered it out and i know once i got it i would feal kinda stuped but i know what was wrong

windows 95 would not work so i downloaded 98 which was in a iso file allredy and every thing worked out nice
thx for this it is gona help me alot

how did you get windows 98 to work? i couldn't manage to get internet connectivity...anyway does it even work with runescape? remember, you must be able to install java

i found an iso of a stripped down version of xp professional that worked magnificently, i have only had one problem of lag when wizzup's esscence miner trys to find aubury..also seems to get sluggish after a few hours of autoing, but nothing a hard reboot doesn't fix :)

shaunthasheep
06-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Some lag, but it's doable. I had close to that, but then I upgraded to dual core 3800+ 2.01ghz 2gig ram and now I get 0 lag.

May i ask how much that cost?

itSchRis917
06-07-2007, 10:50 PM
An iso is also known as a Virtual CD Image right?

grindisbest
06-09-2007, 08:10 AM
You have one thing wrong, you can run autos in virtual machines with them minimized because it can still see the colors because it's not looking for colors on the monitor but on the out put of to the monitor and when you have it minimized it thinks it is still outputing video, so you don't need two screens. Also you can run as many scar scripts at once on one computer depending on your CPU speed.
In fact you can even switch user in XP and log into another user and it will still be going!! As log as you switch user and not log out.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that they use alot less CPU time when you don't run them on screen, so you can run more. I run two on my computer that has a AMD althon XP 2200+ which is real shit no problems and I can still surf the web or play runescape no problem.

dialeyj2
06-10-2007, 06:05 PM
cool im gona try this:sasmokin: :f: :sasmokin:

jeffreytuner
06-15-2007, 06:35 PM
some1 got another link for w98 the others are closed ?

Mjordan
06-16-2007, 02:06 AM
some1 got another link for w98 the others are closed ?
Search for one on a torrent site.

Demonoid is my personal favorite torrent site ;)

gamer716
06-22-2007, 07:47 AM
ok i installed win xp home on VMware Workstation 6. i installed scar and tried to auto but the mouse is runs extremely slow. is this going to lead to ban? i lag everytime i open VM up. anything i can do to fix this?

Markus
06-22-2007, 10:48 AM
Install VMWare tools.

gamer716
06-23-2007, 05:15 PM
i did and it still does it...

also, my C drive is formated in NTFS and when i try to install win98, it dont in stall i think because its the FAT. is there any other way to install 98? my computer lags alot

tarajunky
06-23-2007, 06:21 PM
VMWare doesn't format your drive. It's all virtual. Everything is done within a file on your hard drive.

I have WinXP Pro as my OS, and I use Win 98SE on my virtual machines no problem.

lolpie
06-25-2007, 08:39 PM
I installed the server console but all it asks me is if I wanna connect to a host. I clicked on Cancel but it won't let me create a new VM because it's greyed out...

I noticed that RAM speed has a HUGE impact on VMs. When I first built my computer, it would run pretty well at the default settings. Then I changed the speed of my RAM in the BIOS from 533 to 800, and it now runs much, much better.

One other thing I did was make it so each VM only runs on 1 core. Originally I had both VMs set to use 2 cores, and I think that made them compete for CPU resources. With both set to 1 they each get their own core to run on and don't bother the other.

I suggest that people look into ram tweaking and see if they can squeeze out a little more speed in that area if you want to make your VMs run the best they can.

Are there any apps that can tighten RAM timings? I don't wanna go into the BIOS and fuck something up again :(, plus clearing the CMOS is such a pain on my mobo

Jagex_Fagex
06-27-2007, 04:32 AM
installing XP.. how do we install XP? does it need a cd-key?

fastler
06-27-2007, 09:19 AM
If you need VMWare Workstation:

http://rapidshare.com/files/39606796/VMware-workstation-5.5.2-29772.Incl.KeyGen.rar

Mjordan
06-27-2007, 02:24 PM
If you need VMWare Workstation:

http://rapidshare.com/files/39606796/VMware-workstation-5.5.2-29772.Incl.KeyGen.rar
Why? When we can download it for free from the real site.

lolpie
06-27-2007, 02:48 PM
Fastler: thanks I'm dling it now
Mjordan: Only VMWare Server is free. Workstation is about $140 for the full version

Jagex_Fagex
06-28-2007, 02:00 AM
so do we need a cd-key to install XP on the VM?

lolpie
06-28-2007, 04:19 AM
Yeah, its just like a real install

EDIT: K, installed the latest version, v6. For it to be able to auto minimized, should I create a new virtual disk, or use the physical disk (those are the options)

t0tum
06-30-2007, 10:38 AM
I decided to go from XP back to win98, the question is how to configure win98 network settings to run under NAT? WinXp configured all by itself.
Any ideas?

Mr.Klean
07-02-2007, 01:46 AM
t0tum read roberty bobs 2nd post on page one.

Mr.Klean
07-06-2007, 02:56 PM
OK I was bored today, So I used my 10meg pipe to upload windows XP and windows 98SE for use in VMs for SRL. You can use these for reinstalling main OS's too.

Windows Xp: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DPXZARFQ

Rar Password: windowsxp (just like that)

Windows 98SE: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3JMKOXHD

Rar Password: windows98 (just like that)

Oh, I should have a copy of TinyXP up by the end of the day so check back, as I will edit this post with it.

n3ss3s
07-06-2007, 04:06 PM
Lolpie, you made a tut about this at KYAB forums , right?
Didnt you say you can auto minimized and play cs at the same time?
Because if not, wheres the point, you could just use kyab lol...
Or CC

Tim0suprem0
07-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Windows 98SE: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3JMKOXHD

Rar Password: windows98 (just like that) it doesn't give me the option to download, it just asks me to go to premium. Xp works fine though. :confused:

lolpie
07-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Yeah, you can. I'm typing this right now while it's minimized.

You have to minimize the VM program, not the actual runescape and scar windows inside of it :)

ShowerThoughts
07-25-2007, 04:53 PM
do this works 3.0/2 ghz and 1gb ram
and videocard 256 mb from ati does that works?

sherlockmeister
07-25-2007, 05:54 PM
yes that should work fine

ShowerThoughts
07-25-2007, 05:58 PM
okay thanks! btw the link to windows 98 not working

kaustav_002
09-08-2007, 06:58 PM
asks for a serial number now...

cyberspace07
09-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Hmmm...seems complicated for me...

bballoakie
09-09-2007, 11:59 PM
Very nice. I've been looking for a way to run two copies of windows for a while.

Thanks

anonymoustbh
09-11-2007, 05:44 PM
by the way, the version of windows you install on your virtual machine is allowed to be pirated, microsoft made their own "legalised piracy" system for virtual machines as they do not expect users to buy two licenses for a single physical machine.

another note, you can't minimise the runescape window on the virtual machine, but if you use the host key (default: right alt) to return the mouse controll back to the physical (host) machine, you can minimise the entire virtual machine window and do as you will, I've been doing this for years now with no problems... you also get a virtual machine console window which allows you to see a small thumbnail of the screen of the VM, so you can tell if your scar setup is still working or if you're in lumbridge.

inkd
09-12-2007, 04:29 AM
will my comp hold up running 2 RS's autoing not just drop trading?

Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2
CPU 151-AMD , 2221MHz (16% Load)
Memory Usage: 559/2048MB (27.29%)

rockman
09-13-2007, 01:59 AM
nvm

Mr beat
09-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Got someone pictures, how it looks?

Bradlays
09-14-2007, 12:39 AM
So say you have 2 windows open, there would be a total of 3 cursors? 2 on the virtual machines, and 1 for the actual computer?