PDA

View Full Version : Organizing Tutorials

Jackrawl
09-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Ok this is kind of getting difficult for me. T_T I've been having this problem a whole lot.

You know how the tutorials are organized into beginner, intermediate, advanced, super advanced? Well I think this is the number one issue here. =/ Why would you keep possibly outdated information with updated information? I doubt theres much of a change, but it's really confusing for me when I find stickied tutorials all for 2.03.

Suggestion
---
Organize it like
SRL-Forums-SRL Public Forum-Tutorial Island-Tutorials for Beginners-Old Srls
SRL-Forums-SRL Public Forum-Tutorial Island-Tutorials for Beginners-SRL 3.81
SRL-Forums-SRL Public Forum-Tutorial Island-Tutorials for Beginners-SRL 4

WT-Fakawi
09-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Good remark. Thing is: who will do that? Who will organize this? There are a lot of tutorials atm. Its kinda inavoidable with the structure of this forums as it is. We need some dedicated people with in depth knowledge of SCAR/SRL (preferavbly devs :) ) to reorganize/merge/skip tutorials. But since we all do this for free and on our spare time, I cant really expect anyone to pick this up. I am happy with the tutorials as they are, because they show dedication. So, yes, you are right, but it is of low priority, I guess.

Dan Cardin
09-09-2007, 03:34 PM
what would they be broken up into? 9 sub-forums just for tutorials? u have to think about how itll be organized too

Rikje
09-09-2007, 05:38 PM
SRL-Forums-SRL Public Forum-Tutorial
all the tuts there still working with the old things
- Beginner
-<forgot the name>
-Advanced
-Old srl tuts.

ShowerThoughts
09-09-2007, 06:13 PM
i will do it when i am srl member.;)

Starblaster100
09-10-2007, 08:21 AM
Fawk, if you are online and see this, lay out some categories for me, and ill make them and move the tuts to the desired categories