PDA

View Full Version : Jagex could easly kill al the bots...

ckeboss
09-10-2007, 02:26 PM
I was just thinking... No one has ever cracked a good catpa system... If jagex put one in, wouldn't we all be dead? i dont think scar or any other bot (perhaps ares, with id's) could crack the catpa. So, if they did do a catpa system randomly though the game, how could we get around it, or would we be dead? Im not talking about a random event catpa, like one at a random time you go mining or any other skill? Would it kill scar?:fiery:

Czepa
09-10-2007, 03:00 PM
WTF is catpa???

GoF
09-10-2007, 03:14 PM
I was just thinking... No one has ever cracked a good catpa system... If jagex put one in, wouldn't we all be dead? i dont think scar or any other bot (perhaps ares, with id's) could crack the catpa. So, if they did do a catpa system randomly though the game, how could we get around it, or would we be dead? Im not talking about a random event catpa, like one at a random time you go mining or any other skill? Would it kill scar?:fiery:

Already been done on RSC, already been cracked. I don't see it coming back.

And if some java bots could crack the system easily, there wouldn't be much point making this.. Would be really annoying for legit people, and also like +95% of botters use java bots, so no point IMO.

Smartzkid
09-10-2007, 07:34 PM
I must admit, I'd like the challenge...

Captchas are fun to mess with

I doubt it'd take long to solve. Remember, RS has to be usable by those with impaired vision...

R0b0t1
09-10-2007, 09:55 PM
But SCAR is not impared. Thus the weakness.

Smartzkid
09-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Yup, you heard about Dr. Ford, right? They took it out because visually impaired people couldn't solve it.

Geo
09-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Wasn't there like a sleeping bag thing or something. Which could solve it? I've asked this question before and got that answer back. So yeah, the sleeping bag thing would be back in action and all the bot's would be back up and running.

Also a capta or whatever is a series of letter's/Number's that randomly appear on the screen and you have to type them in the solve it.

England.

ckeboss
09-11-2007, 03:43 AM
So, could scar solve one of these systems? And how would java bots crack the system? I remember that autorune cracked the old system by making a very big database that it would update every time if got a new picture.

elementalelf
09-11-2007, 05:42 AM
no, it wasnt scar, it was a program called sleepwalker, actually it was 2 programs, the client, and the GUI
you used the client in much the same way as scar, targetting the runescape window, then hitting play.
when you had to "sleep" in runescape, a captcha comes up, sleepwalker client took a screenshot of the captcha, and sent the screenshot to a specialized IRC channel that the GUI of sleepwalker was connected to, when the captcha came up, people who were using the GUI of sleepwalker would type in the code being displayed.
each user of sleepwalker was expected to at least have a 1-1 ratio of people solving their captcha's to them getting on and solving other's captcha's while they autoed.

there were ALWAYS people on the GUI, usually leechers, as it was a way for them to get to the better scripts in the communities, i.e. leechers with a ratio of 2-1 were given special permissions, which gave them more incentive to do it.

R0b0t1
09-11-2007, 09:02 PM
I just got history lesson ^_^.

That would be a cool idea, but couldn't scar build up tons of pictures and use them like the chat fonts?

Why are we planning for something that will most likely never happen?

ckeboss
09-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Ahh ok, But without human interaction, scar could not colve a capta system?

alach11
09-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Probably not, but we might be able to figure it out.

Besides they'd be crazy to implement it.

ckeboss
09-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Lets try to crack the like yahoo chapa or like the hotmail chapa, we could sell it for alot om money =) lol jk

elementalelf
09-13-2007, 04:43 AM
it shouldnt be hard to make scalable DTM's to crack any captcha system.

ckeboss
09-13-2007, 02:47 PM
cool, could you make a little scrip to crack the hotmail captcha sysyem? If you could... then WOW

Jackrawl
09-16-2007, 07:27 PM
If they removed something they added, chances are that it won't be coming back. Plus they just think autoers are annoying, even if most player moderators do get worked up about them.

PMod: "Z0MG YOU BR3AKZ TH1RD P4RT3 RUL3Z! R3P0RT3DZ"
Autoer: "No I'm not."
PMod: "0H N03Z!"
Jagex:"Z0MFG B4NZ Z4T H4X1N PM0D!!
Random waste of time of the day ^^ The moral of this story is theres really no difference between autoers and players except for how long they play. Thus, in a very repetitive game, it becomes very difficult, because the creator lacks creativity and style, making it very easy to ruin their lives by getting free stuff at no cost to them.

osmm
09-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Wait so a Captchas is kinda like the strange box event correct? well wouldnt SCAR/SRL be able to solve that like it dose now?

Anyways if you really think about it jagex dosen't really care they are still eanring money from people that p2p, the only reason they make updates is to make sure the p2p people don't get bored and keep payin them to play a 6 year old rpg game.

Otherwise if tons of people stopped being members/quitting because of autores I'm sure a bussiness like jagex will come up with something to stop us.

Diabloizzle
09-16-2007, 09:53 PM
I remeber when i first started auoting i would always get "caught." It was like jagex knew what i was doing. I would start the script, and maybe 5- 10 minutes later, i would get a genni. EVERY SINGLE TIME(not anymore). at first it was...crap..they know what im doing, then it was..pish...okay gimme more exp!! So i think old scar/srl was a lot more detectalbe. Now all of our handy dandy programers are poning jagex. TAKE THAT.. :)

CamHart
09-18-2007, 03:46 AM
rsc has one. theres a bajillion (more like 3) still up-to-date working ones. easy speazy

cyclone2527
09-29-2007, 06:27 AM
RS Classic had the sleeping bag. You would get fatigued and when it was at 100% you would stop gaining experience unless you used a bed or a sleeping bag, a captcha would show up (a bunch of letters each of a different font and position, and you would have to type it in to proceed).

These are not very hard to crack, take RapidShare for example. Someone ported the engine of an advanced OCR Program (Text Recognition) and made an auto RS Downloader.

ckeboss
09-29-2007, 08:34 PM
ya, but why haven't hotmail chapa been cracked then

Ichiro B4k4
10-05-2007, 01:59 AM
Because there haven't been scripters that care enough to do so. IMHO.:)