PDA

View Full Version : Are your friends into programming / computers / hacking stuff?

Kik
09-10-2007, 09:23 PM
So, I just had a few friends come over and they saw a C++ book lying around. Not knowing anything about computers, they asked 'Hey, I thought you got good grades...'. This sort of made my realize that there's maybe one other kid in my grade that I know of who actually codes stuff and knows a thing or two about computers. There's probably a few others, at least, that just keep it a secret, but that I don't know of. There are ALOT of WoW/RS/Guild Wars junkies though (you probably know the type). So, are your friends regular only-use-the-computer-for-homework-and-MySpace, or can they make a computer from scratch and can make their own Java bot? Most of my friends have never heard of C++ or Java (they'd think of coffee). Do you hang out with computer guys?

shaunthasheep
09-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Um... my friends? Some of them, yer, but most of them, wtf are all those letters Man your such a nerd.

R0b0t1
09-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Java? Isn't that coffee?

. . .?

IEatJ00erBaybees
09-10-2007, 10:46 PM
Lol..java is another word for coffee...

Uhh...I have 2 friends that are very good with computers. They cannot code anything, but they are very good with CMD and hacking and such. They both can make a computer from scratch, just like me ;).

Now at my new school though, I don't have any friends like that.

Dan Cardin
09-10-2007, 10:46 PM
i wish they did...i have some video game friends but no 1 knows ne thing about programming

legendaryhero90
09-10-2007, 11:06 PM
nope.

im the geek of the group :D

Smartzkid
09-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Used to...now all four have moved away.

Ohio, Arizona, Texas, and Washington.

So lonely here in NJ :p

Sp0rky
09-10-2007, 11:33 PM
So, I just had a few friends come over and they saw a C++ book lying around. Not knowing anything about computers, they asked 'Hey, I thought you got good grades...'.

That made me lol.

My friends know i can 'hack stuff'. Even at 18 they ask me to hack into the whitehouse. I mean for gods sake. Stuff like that makes me angry. They pretty much know nothing about computers. If I don't go out and get drunk with them because I feel like staying in and programming they ask me if im 'hacking the mainframe'. Yeah, so when it comes to computers they're complete retards. Great guys/girls though.

Mr.Klean
09-11-2007, 12:50 AM
A lot of my friends don't know a damn thing on coding or hacking but are game junkies. Although I do have a few friends that could hack into anything, so I voted good enough to be in SRL as a in between of the two groups.

pwnaz0r
09-11-2007, 01:06 AM
lol my friends know nothing about programming. i have only one friend who plays rs and he bugs me about it all the time (he's the only one that knows lol ;))

MasterKill
09-11-2007, 05:24 AM
well i'm only into scar atm. but after hi school i got to studdy ICT ^^

my friends are not rly into programming. but i have a friend who is macro'ing on 'silkroad' (online multi play fight game). and some friends of mine are using my scripts lol but that's all. and 'srl member rikjess' is a school friend. so he is scar noob to ^^

zenma
09-11-2007, 05:39 AM
my frends dont even know how to open up their hardrive -_-

ShowerThoughts
09-11-2007, 06:25 AM
none i would love to but ...

JuKKa
09-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Not a single person though, theres one guy who says he knows HTML but i really doubt he does :D
I even beat the teachers..

However i try to keep it as a small secret.. dunno why though :)

GoF
09-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Computer people don't really "hang out" much? :p

Uhh... My friends? They basically don't use computers about.. at all, or just for msn or something. But there are people on my class that are kinda more "nerdy" but they don't know any programming either :) I don't really know much about programming either, really, or I just do it as a "hobby", and my friends would prob. lol at me and beat me up if they knew I do programming :D..

n3ss3s
09-11-2007, 01:59 PM
hmm, naa, most of my friends just use msn, play games and like that, but approx all of them know I do scar.. Lol, in my class there is some guy who like beggs for attention, he says all the time "I cant hack or anything but I sometimes use cmd" and it is freaking annoying, and another one isnt annoying, but he asked 3 times today "shut down someones comp" :p then I shut mine when the class endt :p

So, no, they are not into hacking/programming/computers.

ShowerThoughts
09-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Lol..java is another word for coffee...

Uhh...I have 2 friends that are very good with computers. They cannot code anything, but they are very good with CMD and hacking and such. They both can make a computer from scratch, just like me ;).

Now at my new school though, I don't have any friends like that.

you mean you dont have friends :)

Starblaster100
09-11-2007, 02:04 PM
When it comes to computers, my mates know a fair amount...

When it comes to Programming...
"How do I mine for Fish?"

Markus
09-11-2007, 03:08 PM
At my school almost all people are noob.
I know only of one guy that does some nice computer stuff, but he's four years older then me, never talked to him but his brother is in my class.

IEatJ00erBaybees
09-11-2007, 07:48 PM
you mean you dont have friends :)

Uhh..yes I do. So fuck off.

Kik
09-11-2007, 08:30 PM
I don't really know much about programming either, really, or I just do it as a "hobby", and my friends would prob. lol at me and beat me up if they knew I do programming :D..

Yeah, my friends would probably think I was joking. Anyways, there's never really a time you can bring it up - so I just never do.

1q1q
09-12-2007, 02:57 AM
My friends just use the computer for msn..myspace, that sort of stuff. I'm probally the only person I know who is interested in the computer besides things like myspace, msn.. etc,

Out and Beyooooooond! =D

alach11
09-12-2007, 03:13 AM
Most of my friends don't know how to program, though most are pretty into computers and gaming.

Bob Smith
09-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Some of my mates are almost like wats a computa
almost..
Most of my mates have like bebo [more popular version of myspace where I live]
and msn and they can use them fine...
But I only know like 3 people in my year that know anything about computers and only one of them knows programming...
No way in hell i'm going to hang out with any of them though...
I hide my computer skills lul

richk1693
09-13-2007, 09:12 PM
....most of them, wtf are all those letters Man your such a nerd.

amen.

King Monkfish
09-22-2007, 03:15 AM
Nope i keep it secret.

Belt
09-28-2007, 02:45 AM
One friend of mine couldn't even install aim as I walked him through it...

PwNZoRNooB
09-28-2007, 04:16 AM
nope.

im the geek of the group :D

Yup. My friends know what some programming languages are and what they are used for and they know something about computers (that they have heard from me usually :p )

I'm the geek of the group too :)