PDA

View Full Version : 9/11

Jackrawl
09-12-2007, 02:37 AM
This is a bit late, it is about 10:30 PM
On this day, 6 years ago, in the year 2001, America was attacked by terrorists.
About 3,000 people were brutally murdered on this day.
I feel that it is necessary for us to pay our respects, no matter how delayed they may be. If you will, a moment of silence and if you can, remember the moment of this act of terrorism.
If you cannot remember this, perhaps you are in a different country, perhaps you were too young. Maybe you just don't care. Regardless...
Here is a link - http://youtube.com/watch?v=EE9TLgCVLBM

1q1q
09-12-2007, 02:44 AM
R.I.P Those 3,000 who left us.

That video... shocked me at the end of it.

R.I.P. Kevin Cosgrove.

Edit: Now I don't think I will forget those words.. "Oh God, OH..." Then I saw the building collapse.. Heart SANKED.

alach11
09-12-2007, 02:47 AM
I hate that video. :(

Bourdou!
09-12-2007, 03:01 AM
Terrible.

Hobbit
09-12-2007, 03:07 AM
I remember before school watching the news when the tower fell. It just hits more with the conversation of someone actually in there.

Bourdou!
09-12-2007, 03:09 AM
Me to. And then, that last part. Eh.

Hobbit
09-12-2007, 03:14 AM
Now think about being up there and the floor falling away then you free falling for breef second with the knowledge you are about to die then being either impailed by a beem or something or being crushed to death, or both.

alach11
09-12-2007, 03:16 AM
Now think about being up there and the floor falling away then you free falling for breef second with the knowledge you are about to die then being either impailed by a beem or something or being crushed to death, or both.
Thanks for that... lovely mental imagery.

Bourdou!
09-12-2007, 03:23 AM
To me, the war seems so impersonal. 9/11 seemed so impersonal. Now, its like, holy shit. Sorry for the language, but holy shit. I wanted to cry.

Czepa
09-12-2007, 08:07 AM
"About 3,000 people were brutally murdered on this day"I am sorry to the family of these people.

but. i cant stop thinking about this subject and how stupid everything is surrounding it:
terrorism
patriot act
iraq
saddam etc. etc. etc.

its a whole load of bullshit and is an issue i feel strongly about. something fishy went down and i don't like it. the us government is corrupt and everything they do as a forceful nation reflects badly upon the American people.

Pyro
09-12-2007, 09:32 AM
I dont think this should turn into a debate on whether it was a scandal etc. Lets just remember those who lost there lives. Regardless of the conspiracy theories. When i saw that man jump out the window. I almost cried. To die of fire? Or to die of 50 story fall...

Jackrawl
09-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Yeah, a lot of people feel that way czepa. I don't believe that though, I know our government is corrupt, but ALL governments are corrupt. And for the forceful nation...I disagree. This war had a good reason.
Edit
I agree with Pyro, I completely missed his post. I got up early in the morning and was running late for school, and all that was in my head was that someone was saying something along the lines of 'perhaps the U.S. planned it...'

Czepa
09-14-2007, 10:40 AM
ok sorry ill not debate anything, but: my government isn't corrupt, john howard is a lying, untrustworthy person, but no... not corrupt

HyperSecret
09-15-2007, 04:45 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7866929448192753501&q=loose+change&total=3113&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

i believe this video prolly 90% if you have an hr and a half to watch it, let me know your opinion

Pyro
09-15-2007, 09:22 AM
Seen loose change. Its ok i guess. You can tell its one sided though. I just hate crap like that. Like anything michael moore does its rubbish.

The fact about explosions and stuff. Really it doesnt prove much. The fact they said they knew where the supposed hijackers were now living. Yet didnt interview them...

Jackrawl
09-15-2007, 01:33 PM
I didn't have time to watch it, so I read about it in wikipedia. I believe the quotes, those were true. But this 'false confession' tape makes me angry. How dare you blame 3000 murders from a terrorist attack on George Bush? How dare you come in here offering conspiracy theories in a thread for the victims?

Kuukkeli
09-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Two words: Terrorism sucks.

HyperSecret
09-15-2007, 05:36 PM
Seen loose change. Its ok i guess. You can tell its one sided though. I just hate crap like that. Like anything michael moore does its rubbish.

The fact about explosions and stuff. Really it doesnt prove much. The fact they said they knew where the supposed hijackers were now living. Yet didnt interview them...

the explosion yea may not prove much, but the pictures of the pentagon...how does a plane that big make that small of a hole? and where are the engines like they say? i at first thought they just photoshoped the pictures but i looked up many many more pictures and they all are the same, the same 2 light polls that didnt get knocked down from the wings, little debrie(sp?) and no wing span at all...how does that happen? i believe 100% that something other than a plane hit the pentagon...

I didn't have time to watch it, so I read about it in wikipedia. I believe the quotes, those were true. But this 'false confession' tape makes me angry. How dare you blame 3000 murders from a terrorist attack on George Bush? How dare you come in here offering conspiracy theories in a thread for the victims?

im not offering a conspiracy theory, i dont know what you read on wiki but wiki can be edited by anyone, so please dont come and acuse me of anything, it is something that i think is worth watching and making an opinion on...and im definantly not blaming George Bush, and neither is the video (as far as i took it)

ckeboss
09-15-2007, 07:31 PM
wow... I cant... rest his body

King of Knives
09-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Regardless of what happened, and whose fault it was, I feel sorry for the victims and the families of the victims.

-Knives

legendaryhero90
09-15-2007, 10:31 PM
*a moment of peace for the fallen*

Me: ZZZzzz...

Pyro
09-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Hyper i agree 100% that yes there are some interesting things on loose change. The fact about black boxes. No dead bodies in the one of the planes etc. BUT lets keep this thread about remembering the people who died. Actaully. Start a new thread debating loose change if you want.

Jackrawl
09-15-2007, 11:00 PM
nuff said pyro

HyperSecret
09-16-2007, 12:25 AM
ok, yes sry didnt 'take in' the whole concept of the thread. my bad.

and it is a very bad thing about all that we lost.

Ruroken
09-16-2007, 05:34 AM
Like anything michael moore does its rubbish.

Since this is discussions and debates...

No, your wrong. Michael Moore does good films / books. Seen sicko yet? Its good. And hes right.

Its a sad thing that this happened. Very sad.

But at the risk of sounding insensitive...I have to say this.

So what?

After 9/11 America proceeded to bomb the hell out Iraq. Killed many more people than the attack on the towers. I cant be arsed to get the stat right now but i think it was something like 3 times the amount.

But naturally those people don't matter. THEY arn't American.

Where are the threads remembering the Holocaust? the Rwanda genocide? All the other genocides? All of these were much worse than 9/11...

Just seems kinda selfish that people who died in 9/11 get all this glory when there are others to be remembered as well...

I still think its really, really sad. I just think that we should remember everyone...and that people should stop making money off selling coins made with metal from ground 0...

~ We Remember ~

I may sound like an insensitive ass to most of you. Sorry.
I really do feel sorry about the people who died on 9/11, but I think its really over publicized...

Bourdou!
09-16-2007, 06:13 AM

No, your wrong. Michael Moore does good films / books. Seen sicko yet? Its good. And hes right.

So what?

After 9/11 America proceeded to bomb the hell out Iraq. Killed many more people than the attack on the towers. I cant be arsed to get the stat right now but i think it was something like 3 times the amount.

Where are the threads remembering the Holocaust? the Rwanda genocide? All the other genocides? All of these were much worse than 9/11...

Just seems kinda selfish that people who died in 9/11 get all this glory when there are others to be remembered as well...

I still think its really, really sad. I just think that we should remember everyone...and that people should stop making money off selling coins made with metal from ground 0...

~ We Remember ~

I really do feel sorry about the people who died on 9/11, but I think its really over publicized...

That's true. We like to make everything about us (american's as a whole).
I got pissed by that "So what" thing, because yes it may bit be as bad as some other things, but it is still horrible.

I know that is not what you are saying after reading the entire post, but I think that statement "threw me for a loop."

Pyro
09-16-2007, 07:11 AM

So what?

~ We Remember ~

Yes seen sicko. And yes it is boring as hell and has the lamest facts ever. The blame insurance not paying out on because hes black? How about just because the company is assholes. Dont read so much into it i think.

About other threads. Maybe you should remember the date buddy ;)

Ruroken
09-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Yes seen sicko. And yes it is boring as hell and has the lamest facts ever. The blame insurance not paying out on because hes black? How about just because the company is assholes. Dont read so much into it i think.

About other threads. Maybe you should remember the date buddy ;)

Eh? What date?

Anyway, fair enough. I don't think he can get away with calling American companies assholes anyway ^.^

but in regards to 'so what' Maybe I could have worded it a little better =/

Jackrawl
09-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Ruroken, you fail to see the difference in situations. We were attacked during peace time by terrorists, who were being trained in Middle-Eastern countries. Those were just a few terrorists, a few terrorists of hundreds, maybe thousands. You are incorrect, "Bombing the hell out of people," if you are referring to an attack on certain countries, as no country has claimed the terrorists to be their own, hence, the name "War on Terror." Thus, the only people who have to worry so much are the terrorists, who blow themselves up on their own soil and out, and the citizens who have so long been brainwashed, who will one day understand more about the war. On both sides the deaths matter. You are right, there are others to be remembered, no doubt. However, the reason 9/11 is 'Over publicized' is because 3,000 innocent people, who were murdered during peace time, either died from a height or were burned alive. That man, Michael Moore, he saw 9/11 as a political opportunity, he doesn't give a damn about what happened to them. I saw a debate between him and Bill O'Reilly(Spelling?)and he was saying "Would you send your children to war?" over and over again...That man doesn't even know how our Military work. If you didn't catch that, we have a volunteer army. It doesn't matter if he is a talented director, he is biased like any other, and he is not going to tell you the truth if it means he will get what he wants.

There was a man over there, just a regular citizen Iraq, who had been promised that his family would be funded for if he blew himself up in his own city, that had a bomb strapped to his chest, that actually tied himself up in case he decided to do it - very decent. And who promised funding...the government over there in Iraq - Saddam Hussein.

Remember this, above all - The people in Iraq that are dieing are men on our side, and men on terror's side. Do not confuse casualties and murders.

Pyro
09-16-2007, 08:20 PM
@ ruroken ... At the time of posting it was around sep 11. Thats why this thread was created and not others.

Ruroken
09-16-2007, 09:26 PM
@ ruroken ... At the time of posting it was around sep 11. Thats why this thread was created and not others.

Right, and its a good thing that it was..I'm not arguing the fact.

I'm just saying that I find it over publicized...

@ Jack

Ruroken, you fail to see the difference in situations. We were attacked during peace time by terrorists, who were being trained in Middle-Eastern countries. Those were just a few terrorists, a few terrorists of hundreds, maybe thousands.

Ok, fair enough.

You are incorrect, "Bombing the hell out of people," if you are referring to an attack on certain countries, as no country has claimed the terrorists to be their own, hence, the name "War on Terror."

No, your incorrect.

The US bombed Iraq. Thats a country, is it not?

Thus, the only people who have to worry so much are the terrorists, who blow themselves up on their own soil and out, and the citizens who have so long been brainwashed, who will one day understand more about the war.

Seems you missed a few words..let me fix it...

Thus, the only people who have to worry so much are the terrorists, who blow themselves up on their own soil and out, and the American citizens who have so long been brainwashed, who will one day understand more about the war when they stop listening to a repressive government.

On both sides the deaths matter. You are right, there are others to be remembered, no doubt. However, the reason 9/11 is 'Over publicized' is because 3,000 innocent people, who were murdered during peace time, either died from a height or were burned alive.

The deaths matter, your right.

But you think 3000 innocent people is bad?

The Holocaust : 5.1 million innocent people.
Rwanda : 937,000 innocent people.

etc, etc...

That man, Michael Moore, he saw 9/11 as a political opportunity, he doesn't give a damn about what happened to them. I saw a debate between him and Bill O'Reilly(Spelling?)and he was saying "Would you send your children to war?" over and over again...That man doesn't even know how our Military work. If you didn't catch that, we have a volunteer army. It doesn't matter if he is a talented director, he is biased like any other, and he is not going to tell you the truth if it means he will get what he wants.

Yeah but have you seen the propaganda for the army? Holy crap! It pretty much tell you your a pussy that will never make anything of his / her life unless they man up, and join up.

There was a man over there, just a regular citizen Iraq, who had been promised that his family would be funded for if he blew himself up in his own city, that had a bomb strapped to his chest, that actually tied himself up in case he decided to do it - very decent. And who promised funding...the government over there in Iraq - Saddam Hussein.

Yeah...but there is also some religious stuff going on there as well...its a glory thing, to die for God to them.

Remember this, above all - The people in Iraq that are dieing are men on our side, and men on terror's side. Do not confuse casualties and murders.[/QUOTE]

Ps. Please don't take this personally...I just love to debate :(

Jackrawl
09-16-2007, 09:46 PM
Ruroken, we are currently in a war that involves 9/11. Theres a reason for everything, and this is an event that we will always remember, and because we will always remember this event, it is necessary that we honor the people who have died. Because of 9/11, it is very possible that America will be conquered within the century.

Ruroken
09-16-2007, 09:51 PM
Pfft!

Thats just plain silly! America? Conquered?

By whom? Developing countries in the middle east? As if...

And yea, I'm not saying that we shouldn't honor them....I'm just saying much worse has happened and wheres the recollection of that...?

Jackrawl
09-16-2007, 09:59 PM
No, there is a very good reason for America being conquered within at most a century. Bill Clinton is one of the causes, and I hardly need to go into that. America has been losing money for the longest time because it has been buying shoes from China...China is going to become the world power because they are selling shoes to America with no tax. Russia has Putin, who is controlling the media. America is not brainwashed, because America has laws over media. The reason for propaganda during wars to troops is to lower/raise their spirits, it is simple Psychology.

Do not even bring the Holocaust in here. The reason so many people were murdered was because so many governments were playing politics, and allowing Hitler to get control.

Quote:
You are incorrect, "Bombing the hell out of people," if you are referring to an attack on certain countries, as no country has claimed the terrorists to be their own, hence, the name "War on Terror."
No, your incorrect.

The US bombed Iraq. Thats a country, is it not?
Notice how all the reports you hear are 'The War in Iraq' or 'The War on Terror.' We aren't bombing cities. We are bombing terrorists.

If you want I'll go into deeper details concerning America getting conquered, besides that we have just passed the average life span of a world power country.

Pfft!

Thats just plain silly! America? Conquered?

By whom? Developing countries in the middle east? As if...

And yea, I'm not saying that we shouldn't honor them....I'm just saying much worse has happened and wheres the recollection of that...?

So we don't read about the Holocaust? We don't hear about Rwanda on the news? An American has created a thread about an American/Terrorist event. I am sure Germans and Jewish people discuss the Holocaust. These things are being honored everywhere, it isn't only 9/11.

Ruroken
09-16-2007, 10:02 PM
Notice how all the reports you hear are 'The War in Iraq' or 'The War on Terror.' We aren't bombing cities. We are bombing terrorists.

Yeah but after 9/11 the US bombed Iraq...now its the war on terror.

And why not bring in the holocaust? Innocent people died, so thats it.

Jackrawl
09-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Maybe because the title of the thread is 9/11. Or it was the result of inaction. Would you like me to make a Holocaust thread?

This is one of the reasons I'm not comparing a terror attack to a war, besides that a terror attack is underhanded. Wars are fought over disputes, usually over land, wealth, their nations sense of justice. Terrorists attacks are usually fought over religions, from brainwashings, from hatred. When we supposedly bombed Iraq, we didn't drop nuclear bombs on cities. We aren't out for innocents - we have the ability of distinguishing friend from foe. We were attacked, we were threatened, we could have been infiltrated for all we knew. Hence, the word 'Terror' in 'Terrorist.' For weeks people were too frightened to leave there homes, gas prices soared in case we had to flee. Meanwhile, we launched an attack in the Middle East, specifically in Iraq, because their leader lent support to the Terrorists, and the most wanted terrorist who helped coordinate 9/11 was there. We didn't bomb cities, we bombed armies. This is fair play, theres a difference. Not to mention the difference between a dictatorship, which always leads to evil leaders, and a democracy, where the leader is limited, so it is only half-corrupt, unless some lunatic like Hillary or Bill Clinton get in office.

Pyro
09-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Have to agree with jack here. Michael moore is a weiner. Properganda is there. But if you ruroken being however old you are. I suspect 16 - 17? Can pick it up then surely 18 year olds can....

Ruroken
09-16-2007, 10:43 PM
Have to agree with jack here. Michael moore is a weiner. Properganda is there. But if you ruroken being however old you are. I suspect 16 - 17? Can pick it up then surely 18 year olds can....

:) Point taken. Though you did get my age wrong.

Michael Moore is still not a wiener though :p

peanut
09-18-2007, 11:06 AM
yes we should remember all the events but ill like to make 1 point

3000 people got killed in america.
At least 832,962 people have been killed in iraq since america came. Alot more injured.