PDA

View Full Version : Forum Restructuring

Jackrawl
09-14-2007, 02:41 AM
I made this post in General News...I deleted it =/ I didn't get a single answer. But here it is;
So now that theres a requirement to post and wait a week before you can download things, has any good really been done? I doubt that anyone who joins for a script would go read the rules - or the requirements. Lately I've been thinking about how to set up an Air Runner that can work with another bot. I decided to take a little break and post around for fun, make little jokes here and there. Now that I've tried to start scripting again, I notice a small issue - I can't access Radial Walk tutorials - or any Intermediate Tutorials. I was under the impression that the main use of these forums were for people to contribute what they have learned and to teach other people. I can hardly imagine that using only Beginner Tutorials are going to teach you enough to become an SRL Member, and to me it seems ridiculous that people would have to post in Scripting Help for something that is already answered in a section that they cannot reach.
My suggestion is that we keep the script requirements as they are, but remove these restrictions placed on tutorials - No one really needs a beginner script, and if a beginner script is what qualifies you for the SRL Member status, then frankly, theres no real problem except the recognition of the people who have worked hard, and the possibly denied advanced tutorials until you magically attain the knowledge of the advanced tutorials, and then the very purpose of the tutorials would be void, as you would already know the stuff. T_T
---
Anyone dis/agree with me? Perhaps you aren't restricted by this, but if you're a junior member who is actually interested in contributing, please, give me your opinion. If you are considered a real member, please give me your opinion on my views over what should/should not be given to the 'leecher' status. Frankly it has me pissed, because I went and started on what they call an 'intermediate' script, and now I can't finish it...Plus my last script was practically done for me, so I don't really want to post it up for help.
Edit: I have to go now, so don't expect an answer within 15 hours...Plus I may help out at our other house, we moved recently.

Kik
09-15-2007, 12:33 PM
I definitely agree with you. I'm not sure why it's like that - junior members should at least have access to the intermediate section.

Jackrawl
09-15-2007, 01:22 PM
kikwit I am curious, do you get denied access to the Advanced Tutorials?

Eugeniu
09-18-2007, 11:40 PM
I'm pretty sure all that is a mistake that got fixed or is supposed to be fixed...

Hobbit
09-20-2007, 02:02 AM
Well the reason for the restructure is

SRL forums have been restructured!

Due to the rapid growth of the SRL forums, now hitting 30.000 registrees, reforms where needed.

A new usergroup named SRL Junior Members has been created. Registrees no longer have access to profitable Free Scripts. A threshhold of 7 days registree + 10 post count will prevent further influx of leechers.

A lot of forums have either dissapeared or have been merged. I wont go into full detail on that, you will need to find your own way through the forums. We think we have created a better subdivision.

We will also now be very strict on spammers. The SRL community is looking for contributors, not leechers. If you spam, your post count may be reset, or even worse, you may be Banned

We hope you will enjoy the "new" SRL-Forums.

The Board Management.

So basically the news system is to make the leechers work for something and maybe since they've worked a bit to get to the junior member stage maybe they'll stick around. It's to help cut down on all the come, grab, and run leechers.

Jackrawl
09-20-2007, 02:11 AM
Yeah, thats true, but the main point here was on tutorials (Which have been fixed, so this thread is pointless now) When I came, I know for sure that I wasn't interested in contributing. I downloaded a script, looked at it, didn't understand anything, then just gave up entirely. A few months later, and I'm back, give it another try, and actually find it rather fun. The reason I came originally was for payback against Jagex for Pure Essence. Now since I don't login ever, it's just a strange hobby. So maybe this will have a positive effect on the end, but it will add some strain on people, answering the question 30 times for people who don't bother searching.