PDA

View Full Version : RadialWalk for beginners

HairyDuncan2
09-19-2007, 07:31 AM
RadialWalk for beginners

Hi everyone,

This tutorial was originally made for someone asking how to use RadialWalk. I wrote three quarters of it in a Private Message, then accidently pressed back in my browser. Lost it all. Now i'm writing it all again for everyone to view.
I put it in the beginners section, as that is who it is for. Beginners.
Ok let's begin.

Contents

I - About RadialWalk
II - RadialWalk and RadialRoadWalk
III - The color
IV - Start radial and end radial
V - Radius
VI - Hints and tips

About RadialWalk

RadialWalk is a very useful, accurate and undetectable function which allows you to accurately walk on the minimap. Instead of just finding a color and clicking it, RadialWalk looks at a certain length from the middle of the minimap (radius), and in between two spots at that length (Start radial and end radial).
The only downside to RadialWalking is you have to be in approximately the same spot each time you want to use it.
I'm sure this is very confusing for you, so let's go through everything.

RadialWalk and RadialRoadWalk

Ok, I will post up a RadialWalk function:

RadialWalk( {TheColor} , 20, 30, 40, {Xmod}, {Ymod});

This is the standard RadialWalk. It does it's stuff but only clicks on a place, if that place contains the color specified by {TheColor}.

This is RadialRoadWalk:

RadialRoadWalk(RoadColor, 20, 30, 40, {Xmod}, {Ymod});

As you can see, the only difference is the start of the function. If you want to walk on roads I reccomend using this. I'm not to sure if there's a real reason anymore, but if your walking on roads use it.

Note: These two RadialWalks, are not the only variations of the function. There are more, but i'm pretty sure that, for now, these are the only two you'll be using. If you want to have a look at the others, open up the SRL manual and have a squiz.

The color

Ok, now for the color. You have to set a color so, when scar finds the spot you specified, it checks if the color you specified is there. If it is, then it will click, if it doesn't find the color then it will not click.
If you are using RadialRoadWalk (and walking on a road), then set the color to: FindRoadColor. This is variable already set in SRL, so you do not have to declare it in your var section. It does exactly as it says, finds the road color. So if you have that as your color, then it would check the spot you specified for the color of the road, on the minimap.

So, if you add together what you have currently learnt, we should now have:
RadialWalk( {TheColor}
or
RadialRoadWalk(RoadColor

I will post the function up again so you do not have to scroll.

RadialWalk( {TheColor} , 20, 30, 50, {Xmod}, {Ymod});

Start radial and end radial

After you have declared the functions name (RadialWalk or RadialRoadWalk), you have the color and the you have start radial and end radial. To understand start radial and end radial you have to visualise a compass. Considering you know basic facts about a compass, the direction the needle is pointing is measured in degrees measured from 0 - 360.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/9435/compass20roseze7.th.jpg (http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=compass20roseze7.jpg)

There's a diagram if your confused.

So whatever way the needles facing, that can be measured in degrees. Ok time to use our imaginations again (hard work all this imagining stuff). Let's pretend we have a compass with two needles. A two needled compass, you say? Yep, a two needled compass. Ok so you have a compass with two needles. Let's also pretend we can move the neeedles at will. Let's move one needle to the 90 degrees, which is east on the compass in runescape or 3 o'clock on a standard analog clock. Let's move the other needle, to 180, which is south on runescape or 6 o'clock on a clock. Believe it or not you have just created, an imaginary start radial and end radial.
The start radial is 90 degrees and the end radial is 180 degrees. The same applies in runescape.

The start radial and end radial is the place SCAR will look between for the color you specified. I you put your start and end radial as 90 and 180 degrees, and your color as FindRoadColor, then SCAR would look for the color of the road, in between the eastern most point and the southern most point on the minimap.

So now we have:

RadialRoadWalk(FindRoadColor, 90, 180
or
RadialWalk({TheColor}, 90, 180

[COLOR=black][SIZE=4]Radius

Radius, simply put, is the amount to look up to from the center of the minimap. This must be quite confusing, so i'll show you what I mean. If I had my color as FindRoadColor, start radial as 90, end radial as 180 and radius as 50. This diagram shows you the path were SCAR would look for that color:

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5941/examplevt4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
By duncanb (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/duncanb)

So scar would look anywhere where the red lines are for the road color. Simple.

Hints and tips
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]

Righto, you hopefully understand the way RadialWalk works, but how do you get the right numbers to put in. I'm about to tell you about, one of the best tools included in SRL. It is called Yakmans Radial Walking aid.
Before I tell you about it, you should open it up.
The default path is C:\Program Files\SCAR 3.11\includes\SRL\scripts
There is a SCAR file in their called Radial Walking aid. Open it. Run the script and you should get a form that looks like this:
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/511/examplevs8.th.jpg (http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=examplevs8.jpg)
Open up your runescape client and log in your player. Open the form back up and click the button that says capture from client. You should now get the same minimap that is open in your runescape client.

If you move your mouse over it in the form, then a red line should appear. Click where you would like to walk to on the minimap and the red line should stay still.
You should now see something like this in the top left corner of the form:
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8414/examplers7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
By duncanb (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/duncanb)
This should have numbers next to it. Input the Radius that is up in the part of the form I just showed you, into the box named Radius, just below the place that gives you the numbers. Then, on the minimap, click a little to the left of where you just clicked. Look in the top left corner of the form for the Radial. Input the Radial that is shown, into the Start Radial box. Click a little to the right of the place you first clicked. Get the Radial and input it into the end radial box.

Click the Show Path button and it should draw some red lines on the screen. This shows the place where SCAR will look for the color you specify. If you are happy with your options click the Print Procedure button, and in the box down the bottom it should print some code.

With the code, you should have a RadialWalk and a RadialRoadWalk. You should be using one of these. Copy and paste it into your script, and edit the color. Change {Xmod} and {Ymod} to 0, edit the color, and your done. Congrats you now know how RadialWalk works, and how to use it.

This was my first tutorial so post some feedback.
Good luck.

BobboHobbo
09-19-2007, 08:22 AM
Lol radialwalk isnt for beginners :p Unless they are good beginner scripters. But good job.

HairyDuncan2
09-19-2007, 08:58 PM
Thanks.

I thought it should be for begginers, coz it's not really that confusing. I reckon they should be able to understand it.

q3ick
09-20-2007, 11:00 PM
THANKS a little over my head but what ever i guess the whole compass part got me confused.

HairyDuncan2
09-21-2007, 05:24 AM
:) No worries

ShowerThoughts
09-21-2007, 05:37 AM
cmon its not so hard
for radialroadwalk do this
begin
findroadcolor;//a procdure in srl to auto find roadcolor
radialroadwalk(roadcolor,0,90,65,0,0);{the first number is
where to start searching for the second one to end
searching so it search from n to e
the number 65 is teh radius you know the middle
of the minimap?
that number is howfar it wil search from the middle
from the mm
i advice you to go the scar 3.11 file and thenincludes
then srl and then click somthing like scar programs
there a script in it with
yakman radialwalking aid its the best program to make walkings!(not for all but...)}end;

das terminator
09-21-2007, 01:44 PM
Wow, GRAET TUT! It helped me alot when i tryed making a banking part!

ShowerThoughts
09-21-2007, 02:06 PM
a rrw tut and he is making a banking part k(i am am stupid or he is stupid)

Wdf?
09-22-2007, 04:15 PM
Whoa... TYSM. Lol

HairyDuncan2
09-23-2007, 10:34 PM
No worries, hope you got something out of it.

opeth dm
09-23-2007, 11:50 PM
lol, i could never quite figure radial walking out :cool:

SaiKo HaWaIIaN
09-26-2007, 11:41 AM
dude thank you so much, i always thought that radial walking would be hard but with this tut, makes it a lot easier. this will be perfect for my long distance walking. props for this lesson =)

HairyDuncan2
10-02-2007, 03:36 AM
Glad I could help :D

li_HAM1
10-02-2007, 04:50 AM
nice thanks helpful post to learn to script

red1
10-07-2007, 11:18 PM
Waht do I put for ymod and xmod?

s1thslay3r0
10-08-2007, 05:10 PM
great guide man but i noticed u used scar 3.11 would it work the same for 3.12

HairyDuncan2
10-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Yerp, it would work for 3.12. I will add xmod and ymod soon. Have a look at Fakawis tut if you need it now.

wafyl
11-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Thanks, this really helped!

masterBB
11-06-2007, 10:03 PM
nice tut.

I can finally make a banking script:D

And yes hermpie with this you can make a banking script because it doesn't only explain RRW but also normal RW(for finding symbols on the minimap)

Christphr1
11-07-2007, 02:16 AM
hmm dont really understand it yet but im sure it will be come to with some practice

Daniel
11-07-2007, 05:01 AM
Nice tut Hairy! ;)

Also, where is yakman's Radial Walking Aid? I tried searching for it in Scripting Tools in Scar 3.11, 3.12a, 3.12b, 3.12c and it wasn't there. Also, i downloaded it from the Other Scripts section but it doesn't have the 'Capture From Client' button.

Thanks!

lanky_dude1
11-11-2007, 09:05 AM
Nice Tut, Starting to understand it better now. Keep It Up:D

HairyDuncan2
11-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Nice tut Hairy! ;)

Also, where is yakman's Radial Walking Aid? I tried searching for it in Scripting Tools in Scar 3.11, 3.12a, 3.12b, 3.12c and it wasn't there. Also, i downloaded it from the Other Scripts section but it doesn't have the 'Capture From Client' button.

Thanks!

Sorry mate, can't give you exact location at the mo. I'll edit tommorow. I think it's in Includes/SRL/Scripts

HairyDuncan2
11-13-2007, 05:43 AM
Hmmm, seems to have dissapeared.

Try giving us a screenshot of what you have at the moment. Might be able to help you there.

Extracht
11-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Can't find the tool,,, where can I download it?

EvilChicken!
11-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Ok, I have it. I'll post it here, if I shouldn't, PM me and I'll remove it ASAP.

Ok, here it is:

Enjoy :D

Evil.:stirthepot:

Matsetst
11-17-2007, 12:43 AM
WOW, thats nice, I need to train much. Thanks

uncfan1119
11-17-2007, 07:59 PM
Thanks for this guide. I think he meant RadialWalk for beginner's who are just starting with radialwalk. Not for beginning scripters, although I just started, it makes cence to me.

Submersal
11-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Helped me alot. WT-Fawaki's did too - I made my autowalker from this. =]

kor
11-17-2007, 10:15 PM
this is a great tut!

-Spartan-
11-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Another piece added to the jigsaw puzzle. Very helpful tutorial in radial walking and will be helpful in creating an undetectable air runecrafter (my first scripting project). You made a seemingly difficult concept seem easier to comprehend and implement into any decent script. Thanks for the tut ;)

Naum
11-19-2007, 05:04 PM
Need more screenies of yakmans radial walking aid. Then it will be like bobbohobo's

Scaper
11-21-2007, 02:53 PM
kwl thanx m8

Cerium
11-24-2007, 12:30 AM
Im nub in scar scripting, and i understand most of what you wrote.
It ain't that hard to understand, its LOGIC! :)

papenco
11-26-2007, 04:02 AM
very nice Tut man, i´ll read some more tut´s and start making my first scripts ty.

papenco
11-28-2007, 01:20 AM
Sry for Double post. How can I delete this message?

HairyDuncan2
12-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. [=

RadialWalk really isn't that hard. It is, as Cerium said, plain logic.
Hope you learned something

BeViS
12-07-2007, 10:17 PM
i liked it!!!!

red eyes 20
12-09-2007, 08:35 AM
doesn't sound hard, but we'll see on my first script =p

pk ownage94
12-14-2007, 07:35 PM
Thanks I don't really understand how to make it compile but ill check out Fawkies tut. Thanks for the first part though, I understood that :)

asda
12-14-2007, 09:00 PM
woww very clever i like!

~BobFm~
10-19-2008, 12:50 AM
Now I understand radial walk Ty so much

Bad Processor
10-29-2008, 03:37 PM
I honestly think that would have been harder :o
Well explained, dude. I can honestly say you've encouraged me to stop making dodian scripts, and more runescape scripts.

EDIT: The aid tool is corrupt with new compass design. It centers off to the right.

Andyz55
11-16-2008, 02:09 AM
Hey thanks man, Rep + I had no idea what the hell radial walk was lol but now im gonna try and make a banking script once I know a bit more. A few questions though, What is the radius part? Is that like how far from the middle of the mini map that you click from? What is the radius if you want it to click at the very edge of the minimap. How about if you wanna click right in the middle from the center of them minimap to the end of the minimap?
Thanks
-Andy