PDA

View Full Version : Using Simba for uses other than Runescape

hackingislol133
09-06-2019, 02:59 AM
So my workplace is going to be implementing BluePrism in the next couple months for workflow automation. By some miracle, someone from HR remembered that I had experience writing botting scripts so I was nominated as an SME (lol). I haven't done any RPA in a few years so I'd like to brush up using Simba by automating various maps in Diablo 2 (cow, baal, etc).

I know that it's possible to use Simba for general purpose automation with the "select a target client" button but I've never actually seen anyone discuss actually using it. Is there a guide on how this works? I imagine since it's no longer Runescape related, I would have to write my own libraries right?

On a side note, it's great to see that the Simba updates have continued since I was last visited. You never really realize how special a place is until you take a break.

bluecereal
09-06-2019, 11:54 PM
You'd have to write your own code for interacting with the Diablo interface, yes, but you could still use some of SRLs stuff. IE color finding, DTMs, types/type extensions, etc. Most of that stuff is in the SRL/shared directory: github dot com/SRL/SRL/tree/master/shared

There isn't a guide on how targeting works in Simba afaik, but you could dig around Simba/SRLs source. If you mean you don't know how to target a window manually using Simba, then let me explain; it's quite simple... Click the lil target/crosshair button in the editor, then click the window you want to target. Doing it automatically is a bit harder, there's some code in SRL that might shed some light on that though: github dot com/SRL/SRL/blob/master/osr/rsclient.simba#L50

After this post i'll actually be able to post links reeeeee

bluecereal
09-06-2019, 11:58 PM
You'd have to write your own code for interacting with the Diablo interface, yes, but you could still use some of SRLs stuff. IE color finding, DTMs, types/type extensions, etc. Most of that stuff is in the SRL/shared directory: github dot com/SRL/SRL/tree/master/shared

There isn't a guide on how targeting works in Simba afaik, but you could dig around Simba/SRLs source. If you mean you don't know how to target a window manually using Simba, then let me explain; it's quite simple... Click the lil target/crosshair button in the editor, then click the window you want to target. Doing it automatically is a bit harder, there's some code in SRL that might shed some light on that though: github dot com/SRL/SRL/blob/master/osr/rsclient.simba#L50

here ya go: https://github.com/SRL/SRL/tree/master/shared https://github.com/SRL/SRL/blob/master/osr/rsclient.simba#L50

hackingislol133
09-07-2019, 12:58 AM

Interesting. So I guess the crosshair icon to interface Simba and the D2 client. From there I can only imagine it would be a billion DTMs and CTS references lol. Maybe I should pick an easier project.