PDA

View Full Version : What iPod should I get....?

Mjordan
09-23-2007, 03:49 AM
Here is my thoughts so far:

- If I get the new iPod touch it would prolly be the 8Gb which only holds 1,750 songs; or should i get the 16gb? Problem with this is that it the space is limited. I have just over 1k songs right now, and plan to get some movies when I get the new iPod. Will the screen get really scratched and dirty and be a problem? cost so much more than the later two below, and less storage space but cooler technology. Would you guys suggest this one?

- If I got the new nano it would be the 8gb. Only problem with this is that it only stores 2,000 songs. I currently have just over 1,000. I'm worried that I would run out of space. And if I download movies on there, that would mean even less space for music. But would I really ever watch the movies? Do you guys? I'm 16 years old and very active in sports(in case you were deciding on what I should get based on my lifestyle).

- Now last but not least, the Classic 80gb iPod. I definitely would never run out of space on this baby. It only cost $50 more than the nano. The only problem I see with this is the size. Although not really that big, it is still bigger than the previous two above. I had a 5th generation 20gb and I loved it!

I'm real big on music, and I don't really know if I would ever watch the music videos or movies. So I'm stuck guys, please help me. What would you suggest?

Buckleyindahouse
09-23-2007, 09:53 AM
I would get the video, Since I download movies on of bittorrent then convert them and good movies on a iPod.

Mjordan
09-23-2007, 12:18 PM
I would get the video, Since I download movies on of bittorrent then convert them and good movies on a iPod.

So you say the classic?

Buckleyindahouse
09-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Yea, plus you can also through some computer data on the harddrive if you enable that mode. My mom is getting the 60 GB video and Im going to get a few months later so yea fat iPods for the win.

Hobbit
09-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Get the 160GB Classic (like me) :D

I voted classic

Don't get the touch. its just the iphone without the phone

mark9510
09-23-2007, 02:58 PM
i say the touch i just got it and its really sick i just like goin on the internet and watching youtube

Mjordan
09-23-2007, 03:07 PM
Get the 160GB Classic (like me) :D

I voted classic

Don't get the touch. its just the iphone without the phone
Eh the 160gb is way too big for me, I'd get the 80gb if I get the classic.

@mark9510, hmmm I don't know it costs soo much for less memory.

I'm between the nano and classic now. My worries about the nano is that I could possible get more than 2k songs soon(only have lil over 1k right now).
I Don't know if I'd ever really watch movies and stuff on it, mostly just listen to music prolly.

Buckleyindahouse
09-23-2007, 06:51 PM
when they say 2k songs it has to have suck ass quality. All my mp3s are 8 mb so they sound great.

Bobarkinator
09-24-2007, 02:07 AM
its just the iphone without the phone

I've been saying the exact same thing lately. I've also been thinking about which IPod to get. But I was just thinking, you could get the 16 gb and have the songs you want, then watch movies online lol. That's if you have wireless internet around you.

Boreas
09-24-2007, 04:04 AM
Creative Zen ftw!

Bobarkinator
09-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Creative Zen ftw!

No one likes MP3 players :p

The Claw
09-24-2007, 02:13 PM
An ipod is an mp3 player...and creative zen does so much more than ipod. plays everything in way more formats and stuff.

Hobbit
09-24-2007, 03:09 PM
I tried a zen and i dont like it that much..
but thats just my personal preference

ckeboss
09-24-2007, 03:30 PM
I would get a nano, because it is cheaper, and are you going to watch moves on a 2.5 in screen on a classic? But, with the clasic, you do have a hard drive, and if you drop, your dead lol.

Bobarkinator
09-24-2007, 11:58 PM
An ipod is an mp3 player...and creative zen does so much more than ipod. plays everything in way more formats and stuff.

A minor formality

Hobbit
09-25-2007, 05:48 AM
I would get a nano, because it is cheaper, and are you going to watch moves on a 2.5 in screen on a classic? But, with the clasic, you do have a hard drive, and if you drop, your dead lol.

^^ YES!
My school goes on lots of boring field trips with lots of driving (especially in physics) So movies is good.

Also thats what extended warrenties + accidental damage are for :D

Smartzkid
09-26-2007, 08:44 PM

In my iPod's life, it has been:
-run over by a lawnmower (blades didn't hit it, luckily)
-dropped onto my weights (left a bit of a dent :p)
-covered in various foods
-dropped plenty of times onto various surfaces

And it's still goin' strong.

I say go for the classic. Never had any problems with mine; you can extend it's functionality with a good number of alternative os'es.

Harry
09-26-2007, 08:50 PM
I got the iPod Nano, second generation. Works sweet :)

Only thing I </3 about it is that the headphones are l33t, but for some reason, they always break (the gooey plastic/rubber stuff always peals off after a few months)

kingarabian
09-28-2007, 12:26 AM
I got the iPod Nano, second generation. Works sweet :)

Only thing I </3 about it is that the headphones are l33t, but for some reason, they always break (the gooey plastic/rubber stuff always peals off after a few months)

True that, and when you wana buy them from the ipod store there freaking 21 bucks just for the ear fones...So i buy the sony ear phones.

lolpie
09-28-2007, 04:59 AM
Here is my thoughts so far:

- If I get the new iPod touch it would prolly be the 8Gb which only holds 1,750 songs; or should i get the 16gb? Problem with this is that it the space is limited. I have just over 1k songs right now, and plan to get some movies when I get the new iPod. Will the screen get really scratched and dirty and be a problem? cost so much more than the later two below, and less storage space but cooler technology. Would you guys suggest this one?

- If I got the new nano it would be the 8gb. Only problem with this is that it only stores 2,000 songs. I currently have just over 1,000. I'm worried that I would run out of space. And if I download movies on there, that would mean even less space for music. But would I really ever watch the movies? Do you guys? I'm 16 years old and very active in sports(in case you were deciding on what I should get based on my lifestyle).

- Now last but not least, the Classic 80gb iPod. I definitely would never run out of space on this baby. It only cost $50 more than the nano. The only problem I see with this is the size. Although not really that big, it is still bigger than the previous two above. I had a 5th generation 20gb and I loved it!

I'm real big on music, and I don't really know if I would ever watch the music videos or movies. So I'm stuck guys, please help me. What would you suggest?

I would go with the Classic 80GB. According to you the only con is size...which isn't a huge con IMO.

PeteJohn
10-21-2007, 08:45 PM
I myself would go for the Ipod Classic 80gig because it is the one with the most space and isnt that big. The ipod nano is tiny, but it barely holds anything. The Ipod touch is basically for looks thats it. Therefore, i would go with Classic.