PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to crash a bot?

ricardo016
09-26-2007, 05:33 PM
well as the title says what's the best way to let a bot log out or crash them ?

mat_de_b
09-26-2007, 05:38 PM
There isnt one?

RAM
09-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Well, there was is a few videos on youtube about luring bots...dropping yew logs and flax, etc and getting them to walk to an aggressive npc....

I haven't tested this idea yet, but...in theory...you could get a bunch of people in the same area, auto talking and spamming and lag the server enough...that it would close the interface and the "bots" would able to be attacked by aggressive npcs.........I HATE auto buyers.. where is the skill in that ?

Good Luck if anyone tries this...

~RAM

chickenxnuggets
09-27-2007, 12:04 AM
try to lure an aggressive npc to them

KoKouKo
09-27-2007, 05:43 AM
lure a npc to them

The Claw
09-27-2007, 06:24 AM
Well, there was is a few videos on youtube about luring bots...dropping yew logs and flax, etc and getting them to walk to an aggressive npc....

I haven't tested this idea yet, but...in theory...you could get a bunch of people in the same area, auto talking and spamming and lag the server enough...that it would close the interface and the "bots" would able to be attacked by aggressive npcs.........I HATE auto buyers.. where is the skill in that ?

Good Luck if anyone tries this...

~RAM

would it work though? world 2 fally lags but never lags out completely, and theres over 1000 people there at the one time.

RAM
09-27-2007, 06:48 AM
would it work though? world 2 fally lags but never lags out completely, and theres over 1000 people there at the one time.

True, but you have to consider the bot's connection and if it lags at all ?

Just a theory ;), but I'd love to test it ....

The Claw
09-27-2007, 11:05 AM
maybe we could round up some peeps from srl. everyone could have a signed and unsigned window open, and we could all go give it a shot?

and if someone had a members account, they could go post on the rs forums about a drop party at, "world 108, aubury's teleport house right now!!!". would get a crowd hopefully

yanix
09-27-2007, 12:21 PM
why would u like to crash a bot? if u meen other ppls then just lure a npc to them and close the door with the npc there :D

ZephyrsFury
09-27-2007, 12:23 PM
Does constantly saying their names make them think that we are a random?

tarajunky
09-27-2007, 12:32 PM
NPCs won't attack any bots that have been logged in for a very long time.

Perhaps you could lure an NPC right after a system update and mandatory logout though...

The Claw
09-27-2007, 02:30 PM
well thats the idea, because the NPC wont attack the bot because its been there for so long, we lag the server so much they dc, then we lure in the NPC and pick up the goods when the bot dies

Ichiro B4k4
09-27-2007, 04:24 PM
As far as making a bot log out, I was recently introduced to an ingenious idea. Although, I believe that this is a members only option.

Tele-other. This would, in theory, cause a screen to appear that the bot program would not recognize, and therefore either cause them to log out, or have their mouse flying all over the page, getting nothing done.

Boreas
09-27-2007, 05:35 PM
It really depends on the bot. If it's a reflection bot that doesn't use color at all, then saying it's name would have no effect, but trading it might. If it is a color bot, then it would depend on what colors it is looking out for.

You really need the source to find a point where there is no failsafe for a bug, and then exploit it.

RAM
09-27-2007, 06:39 PM
As far as making a bot log out, I was recently introduced to an ingenious idea. Although, I believe that this is a members only option.

Tele-other. This would, in theory, cause a screen to appear that the bot program would not recognize, and therefore either cause them to log out, or have their mouse flying all over the page, getting nothing done.

It's worth a try, only if they have aid accept on...I fell for this little trick in Barrows once, while killing Dharoks :f:...You better be sure I checked to make sure I had it switched off after that when going there......You could also try throwing a gnome ball to them...again, member's only....

~RAM

Kazimx
10-28-2007, 12:02 AM
Well my friend had once tried 2 use the - Tele-other option on a wc bot it turned out all tht happened was it stopped for like a minute. This is only on 1 auto wc bot by the way (near magic trees seers village)

AtomicBump
10-28-2007, 12:07 AM
Lure a NPC to them and let me get killed =D

Just like everyone else said, and then they'll be clicking on random stuff for a long time and wont get anything done..

dan19927
10-28-2007, 03:16 AM
Ichiro, I don't think that would work because i see no reason for a bot to turn on accept aid.

Lacky
10-28-2007, 04:23 AM
@Dan: Most bots probably would have it on though, think about it, they have just left tut island, they botted doing tut island then went straight onto the trees...they wouldn't turn it off.

Sir R. M8gic1an
10-28-2007, 02:41 PM
well did we ever try saying what the randoms say? for example saying the same words as the sandwich lady would probably get srl autoers trying to click us all over the place and not doing their job anymore...

Lacky
10-29-2007, 08:55 AM
Most people wouldn't think of that, but good idea! (A weapon against lvl 3 n00b botters?)

bth8
10-30-2007, 01:35 AM
...in theory...you could get a bunch of people in the same area, auto talking and spamming and lag the server enough...that it would close the interface...

ya, i heard about this thing where there were a lot of people one area (i do mean a LOT of people) and the server was so lagged that it basically crashed. everyone on it was intantly logged off. it was called the RS massacre.

Runescapian321
10-30-2007, 03:19 AM
ya, i heard about this thing where there were a lot of people one area (i do mean a LOT of people) and the server was so lagged that it basically crashed. everyone on it was intantly logged off. it was called the RS massacre.

? The only reason the server might have stopped during the RS Massacre was if Jagex closed it to avoid the bug...I never heard of it closing because of lag (btw there weren't THAT many people there, theres a vid on youtube). Once I was at a huge drop party (about 10 ppl standing on top of each other on every spot), you couldn't see anybody who was 5 spaces away from you. There were that many people. Something like that could stop the bots if they couldn't see around themselves and stuff, but I don't think the server could crash.

EDIT: 200 posts :D

Lacky
10-30-2007, 10:54 AM

Wasn't the RS Massacre that guy who got glitched outta the wildy and could kill people wihtout being in the wildy and they couldnt do nothing about it?

? The only reason the server might have stopped during the RS Massacre was if Jagex closed it to avoid the bug...I never heard of it closing because of lag (btw there weren't THAT many people there, theres a vid on youtube). Once I was at a huge drop party (about 10 ppl standing on top of each other on every spot), you couldn't see anybody who was 5 spaces away from you. There were that many people. Something like that could stop the bots if they couldn't see around themselves and stuff, but I don't think the server could crash.

EDIT: 200 posts :D

Congrats. I have heard of servers being closed before, a couple of times actually, but I don't know what the cause was.

Runescapian321
10-30-2007, 11:04 AM
Wasn't the RS Massacre that guy who got glitched outta the wildy and could kill people wihtout being in the wildy and they couldnt do nothing about it?

Yup. Until they either Insta-banned him or closed that world (I forget which...)

mat_de_b
10-30-2007, 02:12 PM
bots have tile walking and so no doubt have deathwalk...

macromacro123
10-31-2007, 02:10 AM
lol dude u got time to waste, trying to find a way to crash a bot... what if u crash a bot? there will be billions more so whats the point? ur just goin to hang out on runescape and try to crash bots lol? it would be funny to crash a bot but... whats the point if there will be always billions of them

Lacky
10-31-2007, 08:26 AM
Yup. Until they either Insta-banned him or closed that world (I forget which...)

Really? Why? I mean, sure, he exploited a bug...but it was jsut one bug...you shouldn't get banned for it.

bots have tile walking and so no doubt have deathwalk...

Say what?...

lol dude u got time to waste, trying to find a way to crash a bot... what if u crash a bot? there will be billions more so whats the point? ur just goin to hang out on runescape and try to crash bots lol? it would be funny to crash a bot but... whats the point if there will be always billions of them

But there are repeats of bots. Like a flower with it's petals. There's always a middle branch. Take each petal off gradually, and you will eventually only have the center. On the opposite, take out the center, and they all go with it...

Persistence is the key...

So there is a point.

mat_de_b
10-31-2007, 06:07 PM
Just thinking about it:
A teleother wont work because they home telly
Killing them wont work because they death walk
Lagging the server wont work because im quite sure its the client that lags
Saying what a random would say doesnt work because most people auto with chats off and a bot find the randoms by thier ID no by thier phrases

King of Knives
10-31-2007, 09:37 PM
If we assume it's a Buying-bot using DTMs (Unlikely, but if some newbie program other than SCAR did that), we could just put in a black cape and make the bot fuck up and buy the black cape for whatever the price of the real item was.

The autobuyers/-sellers probably don't use DTM's though...

-Knives

Widget
11-01-2007, 01:10 AM
They'd probably just use coords.

And world 60 has been down for a good 4 months now =\ Some other ones have been like that too.

Timer
11-01-2007, 01:32 AM
For example:

a yew chopper

wear clothes with a color close to the yew color with the name of the possible uptext the bot is useing, if your luck it will click on you, and u lure it to like, mages and let it die, or take it to the middle of no wear and logout lol :D

supadude
11-02-2007, 08:17 AM
if they're autopicking flax walk so ur cat is on the flax they're picking :D

Lacky
11-02-2007, 10:07 AM
It depends if it's co-ords not colours then.

Victim14
11-02-2007, 07:32 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VH7T1MIdbNY

This video literally made me laugh out loud.

Lacky
11-03-2007, 03:30 AM
Off topic and spam? Luring a bot, wow, because that's really hard to do...

HellBoyz
11-03-2007, 04:54 AM
I'm would think mostly the bots using java and they using coords so whats the point to lure them just hack their isp and block the ip

macromacro123
11-09-2007, 12:11 AM
no..nope.. really not a point crashing bots.. the time u waste on trying to find how to crash bot is a precious time you could use to improve scripts! you guys should do ur own stuff isntead of trying to destroy other's!!

d0pe b0i
11-11-2007, 08:36 PM
you can lure flax0rs very easily wearing full green d hide. pm me and ill meet you in game and show you the ropes to luring and killing auto flax0rz

nething
11-12-2007, 12:22 AM

I did this with some of my friends in the fishing guild once. Most of the time it just confuses them and they keep going, or they have aid off.

Repeat
I caught 1 bot 3 times in a row though. It was hilarious. I tele-othered them and I guess it
caught them in the middle of an action so it hit the accept button and went to lumby. I
stayed there ( I was fishing) and about 30 mins later the same bot showed up again so I tried
again and it did it again.
until TimesDone = 3

A different one ( this one was strange, was almost like SCAR but not sure if it was or not) I tele-othered them and it declined and said "no". That's all it would say and it did it every time I tried it. I would tele it and it would sit there for at least 45 seconds and then say "no" and go back to fishing.

Anyway, even if the bot doesn't leave it is still funny if you have the money for the runes. Also it slows them down since every time you do it they have to stop fishing.

King of the Nites
11-27-2007, 11:04 PM
i have never tried this idea but some guy said he wore all green and green frog mask. He went to a flax field and he had 10-15 bots following him and he led them to the bats to the south. The bats killed them all. lol

mickaliscious
11-27-2007, 11:39 PM

Just get as many people there as possible with cats (runescape said cats would increase demand on servers if large numbers were out) behind them autospam talking llike 100 times a second and clicking all over the screen just as fast. Assuming you had huge numbers of people there it would have to kill the server.

yerda
11-28-2007, 08:40 PM
I just think its kinda ironic that SRL is a botting website and people are trying to stop bots on the same website.

Paradoxial no?

red eyes 20
11-29-2007, 07:38 AM
if it members, thow a gnome ball, ds demon magic chopers go nuts, use a rubber chicken , those both make it think it's being attack by random and runs of a for a min =p

Just get as many people there as possible with cats (runescape said cats would increase demand on servers if large numbers were out) behind them autospam talking llike 100 times a second and clicking all over the screen just as fast. Assuming you had huge numbers of people there it would have to kill the server.

i think you'd be ammased that rs servers can put out, and how low all those cats and clicking would do only like 100 bytes to compute a single click and only as many bytes as you type in letters... so yeah that wouldn't crash it, at all, by any means, what so ever =p

Czepa
11-29-2007, 09:35 AM
I just think its kinda ironic that SRL is a botting website and people are trying to stop bots on the same website.

Paradoxial no?
uuuhh, are you an idiot... FUCK ME DEAD! your longevity is high , but low post count and low activity. obviously you have been leeching for some time and have recently decided to become active, get your facts right before saying things like "uhhh, why do you do "this"" and "no its like "that""

let me explain further:
SCAR is a compiler, it compiles pascal code.
SRL is a include system for SCAR.
the "SRL" community promotes "autoing" (and note that i say "autoing") which does not damage the RUNESCAPE community.
now, for the difference which i NEED to point out.. and that people need to get through their thick fucking skulls. Autoing: you are using scar to play automatically for you and LIKE YOU. Botting: using a Chinese java client of some sort most likely RSDEMON to spam lots of characters and get as much resources as possible before getting banned (botting is much more obvious)

now that you know all of that... you can see where im coming from. as a long serving SRL member i have stuck with SCAR for the very reason above (3years plus baby) i play runescape myself. i dont like these java bots, the economy is damaged because of them, and i dont want to promote it.

when you go around saying shit about "oh, why do you want to stop bots, we are a botting community?"
NO, FUCK UP... STOP THERE.. FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU... AAAARRRRHHHGGG.. :fiery: FUCK!!!!
:spongebob:fuck you

New Sig tag:
If you auto with Level 3 characters, you are defeating the whole purpose of SCAR. in fact, why dont you go buy a RSDEMON pin and GET THE FUCK OUT of my face.

dr.quantumphysics
11-30-2007, 12:47 AM
calm down

no need to get all worked up over a noob

legendaryhero90
12-01-2007, 12:48 AM
lol i just report like nutz :D

Maxine
12-14-2007, 01:45 PM

Paradoxial no?

little grave digging but.. some wise SRL forum member once said:
"we are just people looking for more intelligent challenge from game" or something like that:D

loopster
12-30-2007, 09:29 PM
that doesn;t work they have learned to run away from aggresive npcs

the flea
01-05-2008, 09:12 PM
find its trigger so that when you say a word it will recognise it and auto respons. then say its loads of times really quick over and over so it will most likely get banned since it will make it apparent its a autoer

weequ
01-07-2008, 05:35 PM
If you'r name is like flax or green dragon and you wear green clothes you could maybe lure autoer that uses uptext :D

Raskolnikov
01-09-2008, 12:57 AM
imagine how much lag you could cause with summoning coming :p

infested999
01-13-2008, 02:37 AM
white gloves near flax field

constantly useing spin emote

they will click on you each time you spin

lure them to high lvl npc

stnrscott2
01-19-2008, 06:12 AM

lol. Pissing off botters and exp!

ducels
01-21-2008, 07:06 AM
little grave digging but.. some wise SRL forum member once said:
"we are just people looking for more intelligent challenge from game" or something like that:D

This community respects Jackex. We enjoy playing their game, not for the game, but for the intellectual challenge. We play somewhat different than legitimite players, but we try to act natural.

:) 7 Golden Rules of Autoing.

People don't even use bots anymore do they?

I Rambozo I
01-24-2008, 08:16 PM
No way to crash a SRL bot! :D

moosildinho
01-28-2008, 01:26 AM
if your on members, im sure it would be confused by the tele-other accept/decline screen...

king vash
02-07-2008, 02:30 AM
accept aid is on by default i think so it works most of the time, but not always

infested999
02-17-2008, 11:33 PM
accept aid is on by default

no it's not...

i just did tut island 1 hour ago

dillbagz
02-18-2008, 07:06 AM
no it's not...

i just did tut island 1 hour ago

Accept aid is on i thought :confused:

infested999
02-19-2008, 12:56 AM
i did tut again 2day.

default is off aperantly :O

vinny13
04-12-2008, 04:50 AM
I don't get it :S

What do people use to bot with? Like, I thought it was just SCAR and Nexus I guess now... I'm still kinda lost with all of this new RS business :P

[-jesus-]
04-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Dont Gravedig!

02-18-2008, 07:56 Pm

Sumilion
04-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Graved, Closed.