PDA

View Full Version : How to Fix the SRL/SCAR errors with Vista

Fizzi
09-26-2007, 06:57 PM
I found this really annoying when I first got Vista and I couldn't figure out why SRL/SCAR wasn't working with Vista. Here's the reason and how to fix it. (If you are using SRL/SCAR with Vista and don't have any problems, you don't need to worry about this). If you had problems installing SCAR/SRL before seeing this tut, I suggest uninstalling everything you've done so far, and starting over after you've done this.

Vista has this retarded security feature which does not allow saving certain things to the C: drive. This security feature prevents SRL from being installed in the right place, when you try to install SRL from SCAR, it gets installed to some random ass folder in the middle of no where. So, onto how to disable this security feature...

To disable the feature:
1) Start -> Control Panel
2) Security
3) On the left, click on "User Accounts and Family Safety"
4) Click on User Accounts
5) Click the bottom-most option: "Turn User Account Control On and Off"
6) Uncheck the box, press ok, restart your computer and you're done :).

Now, follow any other tut to install SCAR/SRL properly and it should work. Good luck :).

CodyTheBaddie
09-27-2007, 03:15 AM
Well, not all vista users need to do this, just some that come with these default security settings. Mine needed no reconfiguring, depends on what type of vista you have. Home/Ultimate ect.

Fizzi
09-27-2007, 05:34 AM
Yep, I know, I stated at the top that if you're not having trouble with SCAR/SRL this tut is useless.

Exist2inspire
09-27-2007, 06:30 AM
i have Vista Ultimate edition on another computer and i could never get it working until i found this tut, thanks heaps for posting :D

tigerskall
10-29-2007, 10:00 PM
i found out how to do it by right clicking on scar and chosing the run as aministrater option.

spork985
10-30-2007, 01:52 PM
It's just easier to right click and pick Run as Administrator. Turning UAC off is disabling some needed security.

NeKo
11-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Personally I had that problem as well even though I was administrator. I fortuantely figured it out. Then there's another problem. When I try to run a script, this pops up:
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/610/problemhf3.png (http://imageshack.us)
This is, to say the least, annoying. Because after, the script doesn't start, so I simply press start again. Yet, the same darn thing pops up even though I've chosen always permit. I've tried both the permit options. So basically the script can never start. I've tried this with many scripts, all the same result. Really hoping someone could help me on this one.

Kasi
01-11-2008, 06:41 PM
well if uv gt gary's hood rs clint it tells u wat to do in there if it doesnt work
just go on control panal and type uac in the search thing

chaos
01-15-2008, 01:46 PM
cheese i know about uac but i never thought of run as administrator add that go guide

Markus
01-17-2008, 10:07 AM
I prefer right-click, run as admin, as this will disable a few 'security' features, that might help against virusses.

Mountain Lions Own?
01-31-2008, 03:34 AM
thanks man this helped me out so much! +rep

carbonchain
01-31-2008, 04:01 AM
I thought UAC just was this annoying thing which prompted you for every action you do?

Usually when something doesn't work for me in Vista, I right click properties and go to the compatibility tab and say run in windows XP SP2 and check run as administrator.

pieman24
03-02-2008, 11:45 AM
yyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh! thnx a huge bunch! scar finally downloaded SRL4!:D now i just have to work out the stupid error message i keep getting =(

Lysdal
03-18-2008, 09:17 AM
i keep getting the error then trying to run SetupSRL.scar:
Line 67: [Error] (12646:13): Unknown identifier 'SRLVersionNumber' in script C:\Users\Søren\Desktop\SetupSRL.scar

im using Vista, do anyone know a fix to this?

what022
03-18-2008, 11:52 PM
Thx this helped a lot when i was getting SRL

faster789
08-26-2008, 11:44 PM
yo dis doesnt work for sme reason i dont have what you have respond to this man please

Zackattk1993
10-26-2008, 09:41 PM
Thanks, helped me after an hour of trying to fix my problem. :p

beehop
12-27-2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the help, It's helped me too get it working on my Vista machine.

NielsNiels
02-23-2009, 10:15 PM
I have vista either, and couldnt installing SCAR either, but did all the security off. I know its danger but you can do everything. Now its on and work but is only for installing.;)

Greets