PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Trigger 3!

Jackrawl
09-26-2007, 09:30 PM
Not many people have heard of Chrono Trigger, but it was a very popular game, that sold about 2.4 million copies. It was made in the 1990s by Square Enix. If you want, you can google it, but that is not really the point.
Recently I randomly came across a petition asking Square to create a third Chrono Trigger. Everyone who is a fan of Square Enix is probably tired of remakes of Final Fantasy.
There were a few very interesting fan-made projects, all of which were shut down by Square Enix. Because of this, I feel it is only fair for them to make it themselves, don't you think? :D
The link is in my signature, the game is considered an RPG. It is, but it is not. Most RPG's it is something along the lines of 'boom boom w00t gained a level boom boom boom boom boom w00t gained a level.' Surprisingly, this is not how Chrono Trigger worked, as they made it so you can 'choose' what you get, how things end, gave 'bad' endings, and was frankly quite awesome. I would gladly pay $50-60 dollars for the game.
You would have to play it to understand.
Current Releases...
1.Chrono Trigger - SNES
2.Chrono Cross - Playstation
EVEN THE POPE PLAYS IT!
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?3rdCG&1701
I have a feeling this petition is old, but I do not think it really matters.
If you want, you can create a new petition and I will edit it in.
Oh yes, might want to check out this.
Over 10,000 people signed this one...I would say that Square may lose 30,000 consumers?
http://www.petitiononline.com/chr1337/petition.html

legendaryhero90
09-27-2007, 01:04 AM
the remake of FF6 on the GBA was not good?

you gotta be kidding me.

and FF7 remake on the PS3 with better graphics and gameplay??

no i will not petition since Square Enix has already remade all the lame FFs and now the good one is about to come out :D

Jackrawl
09-27-2007, 01:19 AM
Don't get me wrong, I am quite excited about seeing lame variations of pretty much the exact same thing 50 times in a row, but I would very much rather see something slightly more original. Square Enix recognizes the Chrono series as a miracle, but that it would be difficult, and they do have a patent on the name 'Chrono Break.'
I think they will if they get enough supporters, and even they are probably tired of seeing Final Fantasy. It's a good game, but eventually you have to get bored.
When Square Enix shut down a fan-project, petitiononline got over 10,000 signatures on only one. Now that is a lot of people.
You aren't a real FF Fan if you don't celebrate FF, FF4,FF5,FF6(Japanese,NES-SNES)
We have waited for over a decade since the original CT. We have gotten one update.
Not to mention that Square keeps cracking down on fans trying to remake the SNES version. You should see the trailer, it was absolutely amazing and they had to quit because they got sued. It was way ahead of its time, it still had that 'plasticy' look about it, but was incredible.

I have nothing against good ol' remakes, but the problem is that FF can go on for centuries nonstop. Chrono Trigger has some constant plot development, and is similar to FF, except that you get to choose what you do in Chrono Trigger, and who you have as a party.
P.S.
When will Final Fantasy XXXXXIV come out?

legendaryhero90
09-27-2007, 10:38 PM
i saw the trailer yes but it seems there are more supporters for the FF7 remake then there are for a remake of chrono trigger or a continuation of that saga.

sorry to say but it doesnt look like square enix is going to budge even if fans pester them forever.

unlike Koei which DOES make Fan-requested games :D

Jackrawl
09-27-2007, 10:56 PM
legendary, this isn't a matter of who has more supporters. This isn't competition between Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger, all it is is that we need something new. Of course there are more people who want Final Fantasy, but that doesn't mean that they can't take Chrono Trigger. The only difference between the two is that Chrono Trigger is good, and the fans are completely different. You people get excited about 'z0mg the grafics and the exact same things as lazt time!', while we want to know what happens. T_T It could be remade on the SNES for all we care, we don't just judge a game by pixel quality, so long as we can tell what is happening.

legendaryhero90
09-28-2007, 02:13 AM
legendary, this isn't a matter of who has more supporters. This isn't competition between Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger, all it is is that we need something new. Of course there are more people who want Final Fantasy, but that doesn't mean that they can't take Chrono Trigger. The only difference between the two is that Chrono Trigger is good, and the fans are completely different. You people get excited about 'z0mg the grafics and the exact same things as lazt time!', while we want to know what happens. T_T It could be remade on the SNES for all we care, we don't just judge a game by pixel quality, so long as we can tell what is happening.

well it kind of is actually.

think about it. will square ever remake something that has a lesser number of supporter then something that has a greater amount of people supporting it?

they wont make something they know they wont be able to make money off of. chrono trigger and cross seem to be a thing of the past now that Dissidia Final Fantasy is also coming into the picture.

dont get me wrong. im not saying that they will NEVER make a chrono trigger remake, but im just saying Square Enix is not going to make it for a long time from now.

Jackrawl
09-28-2007, 02:32 AM
No legendary, that is not what I meant by 'This isn't a matter of who has more supporters.'
You are right, Enix will do what will make them more money, but what I meant was that eventually Final Fantasy is going to run out of fans, as nothing new is happening, and that a possible opportunity will arise if Chrono Trigger fans stay active.
I am sure there are many polls, but the producers are interested in continuing Chrono Trigger, it is just that they are being pressured into a never-ending series. If we were to vote for Chrono Trigger enough, then Square Enix could easily make twice as much money as Final Fantasy ever did, because of the keyword 'New,' and they could say 'From the producers of Final Fantasy...'

legendaryhero90
09-28-2007, 01:10 PM
well then good luck with trying to revive the chrono series.

and lets all hope that square enix hasnt put the chrono series in their history department. :D

Jackrawl
09-28-2007, 07:52 PM
They wouldn't, I expect it within ten years without us saying anything. Chrono Trigger is actually a very important game, and if we were to 'reintroduce' Chrono Cross or Chrono Trigger, and it got enough views, they would ban it just like they banned Chrono Break (The game that was being developed by the creator of Agent Smith's face, and several fans that went ahead about ten years in technology) but it would still remind Square Enix of the series, and message 'Get a move on!'