PDA

View Full Version : Well EXCUSE ME!

Hobbit
09-28-2007, 03:38 AM
Ok since the recent uprise in the Canadian dollar, and it is time to renew my members I sent jagex a message asking if they plan on chaning it. Because the Americans are still $5.50 and Canadians $7.95. Now does it make sence to you to keep those prices when our currencies are $0.0027 apart? So here is the sneery reply I got from jagex Mod Sarah.

Dear ***********,

Thank you for your message about the Canadian dollar.

Exchange rate fluctuations have no effect on the price of RuneScape membership. The cost of RuneScape for yourself has not changed at all. The cost to ourselves to maintain and update the servers has not changed. Therefore the prices will remain the same.

You would not be too happy if we raised prices due to a change in the currency markets, would you? Relative to each country, the price of membership has stayed the same.

Please always refer to the RuneScape Knowledge Base to find the answer to your queries quicker.

Happy Gaming. ^_^

Don't forget to use the RuneScape Knowledge Base to find the answer to your queries quicker.

You can also find help on all free player and all new member quests through the QuestHelp system.

Yours Sincerely
Mod Sarah

I'd like to point out a flaw..

The cost to ourselves to maintain and update the servers has not changed.

Yes, the cost to you hasn't changed! But our dollar is worth more. So basically they are ripping us off by charging more then the Americans. Our dollar for the most part is equal and by christmas is projected to be 5 cents higher. Let me say again. The cost to maintain and update their servers has not changed, so when our dollar is worth more, they are just pocketing more cash. Is it fair for Canadians to pay more the the Americans?

another thing..

You would not be too happy if we raised prices due to a change in the currency markets, would you?

Actually I'd like that, because it would be more fair to everyone. Most the payments are through 3rd party places. So it's not like jagex has to do all the exchange rates.

(yes I know I'm over reeacting, but I had a bad day and I'm taking it out on Jagex)

Hobbit

lolpie
09-28-2007, 04:56 AM
Send what you just typed to them and see what they say back :)

LordGregGreg
09-28-2007, 05:20 AM
very valid argument hobit.

theirs is filled with holes. the only solid leg they have is that thay wont change it neigther up or down.

Czepa
09-28-2007, 06:54 AM
reading that actually... really really pisses me off. im appalled. i used to buy currency for an asian mmo i played and it was 50c US per mil, so when it was bought through paypal.. it just got changed into the Australian dollar equivalent.
fuck them, fuck them and their ways... stupid jagex

legendaryhero90
09-28-2007, 01:15 PM
lol

that sucks! :D

n3ss3s
09-28-2007, 02:03 PM
Lol rape t3h sarah :D

But thats like real bullshit, so how much more are they charging atm?

Hugolord
09-28-2007, 02:43 PM
thats so stupid wtf

Hobbit
09-28-2007, 02:46 PM
Well Canadians are being charged $2.45 more then Americans, now that our dollars are equal.

Harry
09-28-2007, 03:37 PM
Evil JagSex.. How about converting your money to USD then pay ?

n3ss3s
09-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Well Canadians are being charged $2.45 more then Americans, now that our dollars are equal.
2.45 that is crazy!

Good suggestion hy btw.

GoF
09-28-2007, 05:59 PM
Wow, seems like they really thought that through..

'The cost to ourselves to maintain and update the servers has not changed.'

So why not make the price same as before too o.O

... And I don't think you're really over-reacting as that's bullshit that they charge canadian people more than US. Doesn't really even matter to me as I live in Finland, and I'm not even a member :p (except occassionally(sp) if I buy pins for rsgp, but that doesn't really have anything to do with irl money, atleast on my side.)

Hobbit
09-28-2007, 11:29 PM
Evil JagSex.. How about converting your money to USD then pay ?

Cause I would need to have an American IP. When I log in to extend my members it automatically gives me Canadian prices and sends me to sites that have fixed prices. Plus the way I do it is a direct transfer from my bank so it will be in CDN

R0b0t1
09-29-2007, 12:41 AM
Fuck! My economy is crashing!

I wonder what its like in places like finland :rolleyes:. Always wanted to get away from Bush (does he deserve to be capitalized?).

EDIT: Hobb, find a american proxy-person.

Hobbit
09-29-2007, 03:35 AM
Hmmm good idea... but what about since I'm doing a direct transfer from my bank (Email transfer) and I can't convert to USD. :(

Harry
09-29-2007, 03:43 AM
I can use your.. w/e you are doing (unless its a CC or soemthing).. I got American IP (lol)

Hobbit
09-29-2007, 03:45 AM
Hmm well that involves logging onto my bank account, thanks anyway ;)

n3ss3s
09-29-2007, 09:13 AM
I wonder what its like in places like finland . Always wanted to get away from Bush (does he deserve to be capitalized?).

Its pretty nice in Finland :)

No, bush shouldnt be capitalized xD

Plus, we have euro, and euro is about dollar, and membership costs 4,65 euro/month :) Sweet :p

And its nice to be faaaaaar away from bush :p

Except those bastards are trying to get us to teh nato thingie, which propably means that in 5 means after someone nub joins finland to nato, someone nukes finland or something...

GoF
09-29-2007, 09:50 AM
I'm not sure but I think 1 euro is 1,3-1,5 USD. And tis' nice in finland :D

Czepa
09-29-2007, 10:43 AM
woah! can i even see?

kingarabian
09-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Andrew is to lazy and his gf sarah. Maybe they hate candians?

GoF
09-29-2007, 11:59 AM
Maybe they hate candians?

Well.. Who doesn't
jk

n3ss3s
09-29-2007, 02:55 PM
They dont hate canadians, they're too lazy fatass to google "Canadian Dollar Currency Crap", so they say "yes, ofcourse we are aware of this."

Its pretty same thing as Ben talking bout some SpaceMathShit (sms?) and like everyone on these forums says "yea! " "cool" "awesome" "might be useful"

Hobbit
09-29-2007, 03:49 PM
Andrew is to lazy and his gf sarah. Maybe they hate candians?

Hmmm descrimination charges? Dang if they were based out of the US i could file the lawsuit there and probably win (its funny the kinda things people get away with when sueing down there)

stupedspam
09-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Please always refer to the RuneScape Knowledge Base to find the answer to your queries quicker.

Happy Gaming. ^_^

Don't forget to use the RuneScape Knowledge Base to find the answer to your queries quicker.

Why do they repeat themselves... I wonder if this was actually typed out or was it pre-made...

This is kinda stupid that they can't change it because your economy is getting better... Although if they change the Canadian rate then they would have to change all the other countries rates creating a hassle to those people.

~Stupedspam

Czepa
09-30-2007, 04:26 AM
but, they could just make everyone pay in US dollars, so whichever way they do it.. it converts. but obviously tells them what it is. like you click on pay by phone... for example, they say: "for you the 5 dollars US subscription fee will cost 143 Cuban dollars"

Jackrawl
09-30-2007, 04:44 AM
I am going to laugh when their dollars are worth 1 cent

Czepa
09-30-2007, 07:10 AM
so will i. I really i dont like the US of A(ss)