PDA

View Full Version : Runescape Shop Rework

Ciesson
10-01-2007, 02:08 PM
The shops of RuneScape will be delivering a hefty blow to bots this month. Instead of finding shops empty of stock because a bot has bought it all, you will find infinite stock of various key items. With the Shop Improvement update, you will have everything necessary to make buying and selling more fun, and far less frustrating! Of course, we will also be tweaking the prices so this doesn't unbalance other aspects of the game.

More information on this subject will be made available via this month's “Development Diaries – Shop Rework”.

Oh well, yet another blow to SRL and SCAR...
Though Fawki and co. will have it fixed by tomorrow anyway...

nielsie95
10-01-2007, 03:01 PM
What exactly isn't working after this update?

Rikje
10-01-2007, 03:02 PM
it isnt update jet. that qoute is from behind the sence.

WT-Fakawi
10-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Damn. I was about to start on a FM-99 script by buying oaks at Lumbridge and lighting them. Every world now has 100K+ oaks and willows at Lumbridge shop :) Oh, wait a minute, this is about buying bots. I guess thats ok, I dont buy from shops anyways :) I will continue with my FM-99 script, lol.

Hobbit
10-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Lol that sucks they're making prices different. I think this is gonna destroy the economy.. By making infinite amounts. The bots (and us) will jsut fix the error and now we'll never run out of items to buy. Soon on forums we're gonna start seeing stuff like "Selling 800k Waterfilled Vials"

They should have made it like the chest in lumby basement. That what is in there is your suply from what you can buy. So keep prices the same and amouns the same but everyone gets their own stock to buy from.

legendaryhero90
10-01-2007, 05:03 PM
there goes the Runescape economy....-.-

Ruroken
10-01-2007, 08:29 PM
exactly...

Oh well :)

mat_de_b
10-01-2007, 08:38 PM
if anything itll help, itll mean that items like pots and fishing nets can be bought easier while having no real effect on teh rs economy as not many people really order bulk loads of pots etc...

Buckleyindahouse
10-01-2007, 10:56 PM
It should be balanced out cause they are going to raise the avg. price of those items.

legendaryhero90
10-02-2007, 12:49 PM
im hoping they change other items too and not just the pots and jugs :D

Buckleyindahouse
10-02-2007, 01:05 PM
they changed the runes and everything that has to do with shops.

BobboHobbo
10-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Lmao when they updated Edge i saw some guy in the place where the bankers sit. Lol cant jagex make something without any problems.

But i rekon its good how you can buy and sell 50 items no instead of 10. And you can buy X amount aswell if its the main shop thing. But airs runes and shit are 17 each now :l

Sir R. M8gic1an
10-02-2007, 05:09 PM
actually this also brings some balance to the economy. they've just set maximum prices on stuff, no one in their right minds will now buy deaths for 350 or airs for 20 ea. this sort of takes the point out of some auto buyers, but it certainly brings other opportunities. every single time you started a new 8 people army you had to switch worlds to get for example enough fishing nets, now you just get them all, now we can buy all the feathers we need, we could still try to make a profit from buy from the player stock. and i already have another idea, but i'll keep that one private for now :p

Markus
10-02-2007, 05:58 PM
This will destroy merchanting....

Rikje
10-02-2007, 06:59 PM
this is stupid. because no one ever sells his rune to a shop. the prises will be grown a lot.
for the lazy poeple:
<image shark is not working for me>

PwNZoRNooB
10-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Infinite items + rune shop + bots = We will hear something like "Selling 2,6 mills of airs!"

gerauchert
10-02-2007, 07:45 PM
This will destroy merchanting....

how lol most of the merchanted items are like lobbies, weps, armour, and rares there are very few things in the shops besides runes and feathers that can be merchanted...not a total loss

but i can see it fucking up the ess prices because who wants to buy ess for more money than they can sell the airs for...unless its nats but idk i dont rc much anymore

im interested in seeing how this works out

brave
10-02-2007, 07:49 PM
how lol most of the merchanted items are like lobbies, weps, armour, and rares there are very few things in the shops besides runes and feathers that can be merchanted...not a total loss

but i can see it fucking up the ess prices because who wants to buy ess for more money than they can sell the airs for...unless its nats but idk i dont rc much anymore

im interested in seeing how this works out

Yeah but runes are like the most merchanted thing except maybe yews cause of all the bots. Alot of money is going be removed from the game cause of this too (people buying 10k deaths from a shop is 3mil dissapearing unlike someone buying 10k deaths from a player and giving someone else 3mil.)

And about the ess your probably right because rcers usualy sell airs for 20 ea but now they'll have to sell for under 17 ea for anyone to buy. However I think pure ess could go up because making higher level runes will become more profitable now that they can only be bought for more (death 310 ea instead of <225 ect)

nething
10-03-2007, 04:49 AM
Well there goes regular ess prices though... Regular ess was already too cheap and now there will probably be nobody that wants to buy it other then people wanting to get RC level up for total level or whatever reason...

kingarabian
10-03-2007, 05:35 AM
Oh well just add that to the list of how jagex is messing up the game.

KevinW
10-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Well, skills will be really easy to train now... Collecting and Banking Scripts will be more popular too.

Sir R. M8gic1an
10-04-2007, 07:33 AM
Well, skills will be really easy to train now... Collecting and Banking Scripts will be more popular too.

what will you be buying and banking? as far as i know there's nothing usefull that isn't stackable at the infinite shops.

btw yesturday i saw some runes on player stock. i bought 500 fires for 2 each, same for airs. Chaos were selling for 40 ea, they're like SUPER cheap.

it might be worth it to have bots buying from player stock, depends on how often runes are sold there.

Timothegreat
10-04-2007, 06:11 PM
wow, can u say great depression of runescape :(

legendaryhero90
10-04-2007, 10:20 PM
wow, can u say great depression of runescape :(

>:D time to mage like there is no end!!!!! hahahahahahhahahaha :f:

EDIT:

i just realized this will kill the ess selling buisness... DOH!

EDIT #2: OMG its impossible to sell ess at 30ea now...OMG that just killed star's and wizzup's script...

Jackrawl
10-04-2007, 11:54 PM
Well, that cleaned me out...All I was interested in making was Runecraft scripts..

Pancakes
10-05-2007, 12:01 AM
It's not all that bad, I actually prefer it this way.

legendaryhero90
10-05-2007, 12:35 AM
It's not all that bad, I actually prefer it this way.

well i dont...

now i got to find a better way of making RS gold :D

Jackrawl
10-05-2007, 02:11 AM
Actually, it really IS all that bad. Just watch what the RS Economy is like within a week. I don't play the game, but I used to, so it really makes me bleed -_-

Smartzkid
10-05-2007, 02:20 AM
Well, it's here to stay, so there's only one thing we can do: figure out a way to abuse it!

Anything can be abused, it's just a matter of figuring out how. :)

Jackrawl
10-05-2007, 02:30 AM
Yeah, Jagex is too retarded to do something smart.(DUH!)
Hmm. Well several things come to mind, but this was a very big move towards autoers. It is extremely helpful towards members, so it only hurts us (f2p).
Runecraft - dead
Mining - alive
Woodcutting - alive
Fishing - alive
I suggest that we do Mining and Woodcutting, as I feel spiteful at the moment. I'll finish my Air Runner over the weekend.

legendaryhero90
10-05-2007, 03:25 AM
yeah i agree.

runecrafting is officially a dead skill to F2P players now.