PDA

View Full Version : Taking A Vacation from SRL

Jackrawl
10-06-2007, 12:18 AM
Meh, I really don't know what I'm doing. Most people here don't know me, I haven't accomplished anything, but it was fun. This may or may not be in the right place, hopefully no one will get their feelings hurt over it.

I'll probably be back, but with the game as it is at the moment, an Air Crafter - even a runner - would probably not be used. My old guy had 69 RC, and he would still be losing money.

I wouldn't be announcing this, I usually take month-long breaks from this sort of thing, but I am. c0de has inspired from when he was slaughtering that stupid noob Santa Scar. In other words, I want to know where I should start with programming languages.

I don't know any of Pascal - I can use it, I can put things in lists, but I cannot create the things that the SRL community uses today. Most of it is covered, it does not concern me - I do not like relying on other people, as it is proof that I lack something.

This community opened up my mind to programming - but so much was already done that it is a mockery to call the extent of my ability programming.

If you would, please point me in the general correct direction as to where to start. At the very least, I would like to know where to begin so that I can really contribute to the community, not just put things down on paper - things that other people better than myself have created. To me it doesn't matter if theirs is better, because of the keyword 'theirs,' meaning it is not my own.

Thankyou, whether or not you know me, once I know what I need to know,

I will be back
~ Jack L. Krawl

Smartzkid
10-06-2007, 12:51 AM
Good bye and good luck.

I recommend Java or C++.

Java's easy to use, fast, and crazy portable. Oh, and it has a virtually infinite amount of tutorials out there for it.

Jackrawl
10-06-2007, 12:57 AM
Thanks Smartz, I think I'll do Java first. I see that there is a C++ Section here, and a few good ones might pop up by the time I'm finished. (ones meaning tutorials)

Well, be back soon then.