PDA

View Full Version : runecrafting dead?

legendaryhero90
10-07-2007, 10:02 PM
well im guessing this skill is basically dead for all f2p's since we can now buy an infinite amount of runes up to deaths (which is all F2P needs to attack with anyways). the rune essence business took a heavy blow from this too.

so in your guys opinion, do you guys believe that runecrafting is now useless?

Harry
10-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Well, runes form the store cost a lot more then making your self ;) but yesh, in a way it is.

Pancakes
10-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Just another useless skill to level, like firemaking :p

stupedspam
10-08-2007, 12:10 AM
I think it will change when the member start complaining about it on the rs forums... Its not really useless just less useful... Cheaper than buying them when you can make 'em for free :D

~Stupedspam

Harry
10-08-2007, 12:31 AM
BUT you can't buy law and nat runes in the store ;)

Wanted
10-08-2007, 01:19 AM
I just saw the infinity crap, I'm extremely pissed.

RAM
10-08-2007, 01:23 AM
NO, Not dead by far...Actually, just the opposite....

I think this is a great idea, I have never been a fan of auto-buyers..IMO, people that write these, just show a lack of being able to write a more competent script....such as a Rune Crafter....

The change was aimed at doing away with the auto buyers and promoting the trade economy between players...Hence more people will be crafting more runes now, because they can make them and sell them cheaper than the stores...........I think this is actually one of the better changes Jaghex has made it quite awhile.

~RAM

Jackrawl
10-08-2007, 02:17 AM
Yep, RC is dead.
When I did play RS, I got my guy to almost 70 RC before I quit...
She wouldn't be making any money assuming he used the Air World.
She wouldn't even find a buyer.
Way to go Jagex, you just successfully screwed up the game.

And no RAM, this is the worst update.
Watch what happens - The money in RS will leave the system because of this form of supplying runes for magic.

Pancakes
10-08-2007, 05:25 AM
Which is good for us, as Mills will become more valuable :)

Wanted
10-08-2007, 06:30 PM
When you can buy a limitless amount of runes at the store for a constant price up to 50,000 at a time, you screw up the economy.

Think about it, now there is no need to buy runes from other players unless they are cheap, now there is no need to craft runes because it isn't profitable, and now there is no need to mine essence because the price that people buy it at is hardly worth it.

Not only has auto buying scripts and store merchanters taking a huge blow, but rune crafting, rune crafting scripts, essence mining, and essence mining scripts are all severely getting screwed over.

phonnygoblin
10-08-2007, 07:45 PM
icefire is entirely right. Minds+elemental runes are priced at 17each and the going price was 20each. This was just another excuse to fuck f2p players and let members continue making profits on nats and laws imo.

Jackrawl
10-08-2007, 11:49 PM
Not only has auto buying scripts and store merchanters taking a huge blow, but rune crafting, rune crafting scripts, essence mining, and essence mining scripts are all severely getting screwed over.
And this has partially motivated me not to take a vacation as I said a while back.
Once again the players of RS fail to see the value of these auto buyers, store merchanters, rune essence auto miners.
With auto-buyers, Runescape was always getting the full potential of stores, and keeping a balanced economy. Money would leave the system, and keep money circulating.
Rune Essence, before Jagex "fixed" it, encouraged the production of Nature Runes. Bows were then alched, and the auto buyers were automatically overpowered. More money entered the system than leaving it, and money kept getting circulated around.
Jagex is not stupid. They know how it works, they just do it for money, and don't care for satisfying little children who constantly complain. So far there are only three updates that I severely disagree with.
Pure Essence
Wilderness Ditch
Shop "Improvement"

nething
10-09-2007, 03:53 AM
I think that Runecrafting is basically dead.
For those people who got there runecrafting really high before this update they will be able to make quite a bit of money from Multi-Runes per ess.
Also I haven't gotten on my main and gone to check but did this update Effect the Store at the mage arena in the wildy? Because if it did then you can now buy unlimited laws at that store. So Members will actually only profit alot off of natures.
I'm not really sure what I think of this update yet. It hasn't been around long enough for me to make a definitive decision.

PwNZoRNooB
10-09-2007, 04:52 AM
I'm so angry of this :(
I hope there will be buyers for my ess though or else I'm totally screwed :S
I wish they will take the update off or make the runes so expensive that essence will start selling more like RAM said.

NO, Not dead by far...Actually, just the opposite....

I think this is a great idea, I have never been a fan of auto-buyers..IMO, people that write these, just show a lack of being able to write a more competent script....such as a Rune Crafter....

The change was aimed at doing away with the auto buyers and promoting the trade economy between players...Hence more people will be crafting more runes now, because they can make them and sell them cheaper than the stores...........I think this is actually one of the better changes Jaghex has made it quite awhile.

~RAM

The Claw
10-09-2007, 06:59 AM
The runes in the shop are roughly 40-100 gp higher than the going street price. If anything this will make more people runecraft, or buy from other players, good move by jagex.

Negaal
10-09-2007, 09:28 AM
BUT you can't buy law and nat runes in the store ;)

You can, there is few shops where are law, cosmic, nature...etc

Jackrawl
10-09-2007, 07:13 PM
The upper players usually don't get too concerned about money. They just want to get what they need and do their own thing.
RAM, I do see your reasoning in a way. What he means is that the auto-buyers would sell airs, and this decreases the competition between players and auto-buyers.
But it kills Runecrafting all the same. It sets limits on how high a rune will EVER be sold, and the auto-buyers would actually INCREASE the costs of runes.

legendaryhero90
10-10-2007, 02:18 AM
When you can buy a limitless amount of runes at the store for a constant price up to 50,000 at a time, you screw up the economy.

Think about it, now there is no need to buy runes from other players unless they are cheap, now there is no need to craft runes because it isn't profitable, and now there is no need to mine essence because the price that people buy it at is hardly worth it.

agreed 100%

this killed the RC skill and screwed all the wonderful scripts we have/ had.

i dont see any positive effects to this but we will just have to wait and see.

Wizzup?
10-10-2007, 02:39 PM

Did you read RAM's post?

Runecrafting hasn't been better for me, I can now sell nature runes for 320 each, they were like 280...

How did Essence Mining get screwed? Only more people want to rc.

PwNZoRNooB
10-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Does anyone know if the price has changed yet?

Wizzup?
10-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Does anyone know if the price has changed yet?

http://www.zybez.net/priceguide.php

gamer716
10-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Did you read RAM's post?

Runecrafting hasn't been better for me, I can now sell nature runes for 320 each, they were like 280...

i agree, i rc nats and the update helped rcers

legendaryhero90
10-11-2007, 01:06 AM
Did you read RAM's post?

wizzup, thats only for members...

im talking more about for F2Ps

no one is buying the essence now because of it.

Dumpin
10-12-2007, 06:16 AM
nats running is still great, If I rune 1k essence I get 2k nats with is 640k :)

Jackrawl
10-12-2007, 05:42 PM
The only way this could 'improve' upon rcing, is if they set it up so airs were 23, waters were 25, earths were 28, fires were 31.
Otherwise this update will screw it up beyond words.

legendaryhero90
10-12-2007, 10:50 PM
The only way this could 'improve' upon rcing, is if they set it up so airs were 23, waters were 25, earths were 28, fires were 31.
Otherwise this update will screw it up beyond words.

that would still screw the ess business without a doubt.

Wanted
10-13-2007, 05:55 AM
Did you read RAM's post?

There is a clear distinction that needs to be made from natures and everything else...

Jackrawl
10-13-2007, 01:58 PM
that would still screw the ess business without a doubt.

Haha, yeah you're right. I didn't even think about that...but you get my point - make runes more expensive in sequence.

legendaryhero90
10-14-2007, 01:24 AM
Haha, yeah you're right. I didn't even think about that...but you get my point - make runes more expensive in sequence.

even with that, i dont think its enough to balance it out.

Wanted
10-14-2007, 06:16 AM
make runes more expensive in sequence.

That's impossible with an unlimited source of them at a constant price, unless you're really stupid, you'll just go to the store and buy them 50,000 at a time.

legendaryhero90
10-16-2007, 12:14 AM
That's impossible with an unlimited source of them at a constant price, unless you're really stupid, you'll just go to the store and buy them 50,000 at a time.

in fact, i dont think it will even matter since everyone buys a grip of them in the first place