PDA

View Full Version : Politicians "avoiding the question"

Kik
10-08-2007, 07:27 PM
First, watch this video of Mitt Romney "answer" a topic about medical marijuana. Notice how the background says "Ask Mitt ANYTHING".

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2007/10/07/romney.confronted.cnn

Romney is asked whether he will arrest an 80-pound man with muscular dystrophy who is using medical marijuana to keep him alive. Romney replied "What about synthetic marijuana? I am not in favor of medical marijuana," and walks away.

Later, he is asked from a student from Harvard what the effects of students will be on this election. Romney starts talking about terror, global issues, and rambles off away from the topic.

Does anybody else hate to see this? When I'm old enough to vote, I'm definitely not voting for people like him, who totally avoid subjects and are afraid to face many of the smaller, less important topics head-on. Shouldn't we have a president who actually cares about everyone, and not just getting enough votes? Hypocrites.

Rant/Discuss.

Jackrawl
10-16-2007, 12:59 AM
A president who actually cares about everyone? What are you smoking? :p

Czepa
10-16-2007, 02:21 AM
i dont want a president that likes to talk to my grandma
i want a presdent that says "Fuck off, im busy"
or who says "Shuttup, you dont know anything, i do"
i want a president who has an intelect so big, that he knows that he doesnt know everything

gerauchert
10-16-2007, 02:43 AM
I think that our country has so many problems right now (homeless, crime, education) that we should stop putting people in power that are more concerned with third world shitholes than our own country. Sometimes i feel that we are so busy trying to run other peoples countries that we forget about our own damn people. Corruption in politics just pisses me off...i guess thats why i listen to System of A Down...

Jackrawl
10-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Well, people now are so busy competing between republican and democratic sides that everyones more interested in starting bullcrap than doing things right. Thats how we get corrupt politicians - we put them in power.

gerauchert
10-16-2007, 08:39 PM
Well, people now are so busy competing between republican and democratic sides that everyones more interested in starting bullcrap than doing things right. Thats how we get corrupt politicians - we put them in power.

i couldnt agree more ;)

but you have to think about our options most of the time. Sometimes you have the choice between shit and shit...

you have to know people to be involved in politics. It is rare to have an average joe run for mayor and if he/she did they probably wouldnt get voted in because of their lack of connections...

corruption in my opinion starts with whether you want to be involved in the government in order to make it better, or to be involved for personal gain, which sadly a large majority of politicians are out there for...

Pancakes
10-16-2007, 11:13 PM
A president who actually cares about everyone? What are you smoking? :p

The questions more like, what aren't I smoking :f:

Yeah, I would never vote for a person like him, I don't even know who he is :p