PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to get banned for being in this communicity

Negaal
10-09-2007, 09:58 AM
Well, i got problem with that, it's pretty detectable that im in this communicity:D

Waiting for answers...

/discuss

Runescape Pro
10-09-2007, 10:27 AM
i don't think so, unless your username here is your rs name

gillian
10-09-2007, 11:17 AM
To be honest .. I don't see how they could. I would think that they would not have access to our IP addresses so .. even if you were using your real Runescape name here: how could they prove it was you posting?

If it were true that they could ban someone for posting here, then someone could join as "Zezima" or "Lightning" .. admit to being a massive autoer .. and zing! Banned.

Actually, now that I think of it .. there are a few people I would LOVE to do that to :p

Without an IP match I don't see how they could do it. Doesn't mean they don't do it. Man, if they are actually paying people to do nothing but monitor sites like this and run Runescape name checks all day long .. I need that fellow's job!!

I DO wonder if they monitor cheat sites, see what they think is a Runescape name and then check for autoing-like activity. What would be even more interesting is if they planted a scripter into cheat communities who adds something to their script that makes some sort of report to Jagex when people are using it.

bullzeye95
10-09-2007, 11:41 AM
This is my RS name. I haven't gotten banned.

But, to answer your question, yes. According to the TOS, they can ban you for anything. But I really don't think they would.

PwNZoRNooB
10-09-2007, 11:54 AM
It would be stupid if they would ban you for your name -_-
What if you use someone elses RS name in here, he gets a ban. >.<
Not gonna happen!

Negaal
10-09-2007, 01:15 PM
This is my RS name. I haven't gotten banned.

Same and other argument same aswell:P

duh, I think i have seen you in pest control chats:D

@gillian & PwNZoRNooB: That what i tought, i was just intrested...

I have thought something like that thousand times...

I DO wonder if they monitor cheat sites, see what they think is a Runescape name and then check for autoing-like activity. What would be even more interesting is if they planted a scripter into cheat communities who adds something to their script that makes some sort of report to Jagex when people are using it.

Harry
10-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Wow, I have seen you on RS too. This account is similar to my main ;) Not exact.

legendaryhero90
10-10-2007, 02:19 AM
i dont really care since my main has been banned long ago....