PDA

View Full Version : wats the easyest n Best way to learn C++?

2pac
10-09-2007, 02:38 PM
I wanna learn C++ but it seems to hard to read the TUT's and remembering it. So wats the best and easyest way to learn C++ Like a Mp3 or Video TUT i really wanna learn it.

Thank you if u posted...

ruler
10-09-2007, 09:49 PM
books

R0b0t1
10-10-2007, 01:07 AM
Nah, I've seen some good C++ websites and learned something from them. However, I had read the Java tutorials... So it made it kinda easy...

Mr.Klean
10-10-2007, 02:30 AM
C++ for dummies! Duh!

Just kidding.

Well if you are old enough and have enough money try taking a class at like a tech school. Its how I learned the bare basics.

2pac
10-10-2007, 07:00 AM
well lol i dont wanna pay 4 it can u guyz like tell me a good website..
or how u learned C++

PwNZoRNooB
10-10-2007, 04:11 PM
From other people teaching I think is the easiest. I learned alot of it on a computer camp. And I've read something of it from books.

R0b0t1
10-11-2007, 09:13 PM
My cousin said they really don't teach you much in schools - just go to the library. Or google.

Pyro
10-12-2007, 06:21 AM
I find it a pain using online tuts. Amazon.com ftw :p Buy a good book. And have something in mind that you want to create. Example : Alot of people learned java because they wanted to use it on rs. Also alot of people learned java a while back because there was this robot wars game thing that required it. But yet try and find something you want to create. Maybe even a simple calculator.

HellBoyz
10-12-2007, 06:28 AM
I'll suggest going like this

google search -> ebooks / web tuts -> practice -> practice -> practice - > ...

yes practice is most important then reading a books or tuts out there if no practice thats mean you know nothing from it.

Paul23
10-12-2007, 12:35 PM
plz, plz, plz take my advice and do not learn C++. It is a waste of effort.
The language is beginning to become depricated.

Instead learn C#. This is what came after C++.
There are many similarities so you will be able to go back to C++ after you have become proficient with C#.

There are also many more employment opportunities with C#.

I advise
1 . Download C# express - free development environment from Microsoft.
2. Get a book on Windows Forms. (Get an old one they are much cheaper and contain much the same stuff - if you want me to recommend a book then PM and I will look through my stuff and see which one I think is best for a beginner).
3. Follow the examples - and work hard.

Paul

BenLand100
10-12-2007, 03:01 PM
plz, plz, plz take my advice and do not learn C++. It is a waste of effort.
The language is beginning to become depricated.

Instead learn C#. This is what came after C++.
There are many similarities so you will be able to go back to C++ after you have become proficient with C#.

There are also many more employment opportunities with C#.

I advise
1 . Download C# express - free development environment from Microsoft.
2. Get a book on Windows Forms. (Get an old one they are much cheaper and contain much the same stuff - if you want me to recommend a book then PM and I will look through my stuff and see which one I think is best for a beginner).
3. Follow the examples - and work hard.

Paul
Umm.... No? Thats the worst suggestion I've read all day. You do realize that almost every major program and OS is either written in C, C++, or a combo of the two right?
Anyway, whatever happend to the art of teaching oneself? ;)

GoF
10-12-2007, 03:18 PM

Laziness happened.

HellBoyz
10-13-2007, 01:36 AM
lol you can't be too lazy by itself to seeking knowledge. Like me yes i'm very lazy in nature but not cheating and when it come ons to Jagex (Hack it till end of your life) lol

2pac
10-13-2007, 05:16 AM
Ok wat should i start with java,c#,c++ and VB witch order do i start?

lolpie
10-13-2007, 05:27 AM
Well what're you trying to do?

C++ first, then C#, then Java in my opinion.

R0b0t1
10-14-2007, 12:10 AM
Well, I would go:

C, C++, C#/Java, C#/Java.

One of the C languages is optional, and, if you want an intermediate between Java and C# (They are very much alike, with C# more like C++, so it might be a good transition). But, if I were you, I would just go Java, C++, somethingelse.

Zeta
10-14-2007, 04:18 PM
cprogramming.com ftw

Macrosoft
10-14-2007, 07:51 PM
read my tut, then pm me with all questions. might want to wait untill i update my tut first though (some false info in it)

Dan Cardin
10-17-2007, 12:49 AM
well your tut is good for me, who is now learning java and can wait for your updates(no offense). but for someone that wants to learn C++ quickly is going to want something thats already complete. I personally like videos but if your not using the same ide i can get confusing, because they may not explani something and instead just do it...which you cant do cuz ur not in the same ide. so if not then i would buy a book, because its quite hard to find full, good tuts, that go from very beginning to intermediate and advanced stuff

Paul23
11-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Umm.... No? Thats the worst suggestion I've read all day. You do realize that almost every major program and OS is either written in C, C++, or a combo of the two right?

BenLand,

It all depends on what perspective you approach the question from. It is possible that almost every major program and OS is written in C, C++ if you talk about PC's. But almost every major OS on mainframe is written in PLS or ASM, and I am not suggesting that anybody learns that.

My original comment was (maybe stated too strongly), but I was looking at it from a point of view of potential employment. Perhaps consider not has been written but what is being written. There is very little being written in C, and I should know (it's part of my job), perhaps a little more in C++.

The benefits of C# are its comparisons to Java and J# and many other 'current' languages. You may well feel very clever being proficient in all kinds of oldish languages but the effort, I feel, is better spent on things as up-to-date as possible. Working on legacy systems is not fun.

Anyways, a little new round here I have no wish to fall out (just trying to give the benefit of my experience)

Paul

R0b0t1
11-05-2007, 01:00 AM
No. Microsoft is still supporting C++ by popular demand (They have a Beta version of new compiler, and i have found most documentation on C++). They will undoubtedly try move more and more to C# and try to push the public with them, but some people will still stay with C++.

macromacro123
11-13-2007, 02:55 AM
lol dude i don't really know about C++ but if it's easy to learn it when u know about java then it'll be easy + java is like almost the same stuff than scar except its more powerfull, ofcourse, and has many many many more methods(functions) than srl lol.

gamer 5
11-14-2007, 02:14 AM
You guys are probably going to think im a dumbass but what kind of things can you do with c++?

R0b0t1
11-14-2007, 02:24 AM
You could, in theory, defeat Chuck Norris with C++ based hacks.