PDA

View Full Version : all autoers please read this

noobs are ppl 2
10-15-2007, 03:00 AM
well i think i know what you guys are going to say and heres my question

how do you view autoing do you care that people cheat to get money or are you looking at this post saying what did he expect when he posts this on a scar forum.
do you ever feel guilty for autoing while there are people who work hard for there pixels or do you just think of it as another way to make money.

as for me i think that either way you have to work hard to earn that money you have to write a complex script that could take a week of hard grinding and on rs
you have to train for it. so what do you think
would u say this to me :f:
or this ;)
lets here it

pwnaz0r
10-15-2007, 03:07 AM
i look at it this way - rs has unlimited resources, since it is a online game. When I auto, I do not take away any thing from anyone. Its not like I am stealing anything? Goblins respawn at the same rate from an auto-er as they would from another person. If you look at it in the way you do, people steal other people hard earned things all the time by just taking away a goblin. Like i said, I take nothing away from any person who plays rs legit, I just make mine with out working as hard.

Tim0suprem0
10-15-2007, 03:16 AM
I'm pretty sure I would rather make SCAR string bows for me than get Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or a strained finger from clicking the same damn spot thousands of times.

munk
10-15-2007, 03:34 AM
people play runescape legitly?!

:rolleyes:

gillian
10-15-2007, 05:45 AM
people play runescape legitly?!

pmg no wai :p

m'dear .. I think you need to do your homework before you ask a question such as the one you have asked - because you are asking the wrong question :) you are doing this:

If people cheat, then they cheat for money

Instead of doing this:

If people cheat, then they cheat for X

(hey guys .. what's your X?)

Your post is making the assumption that all cheaters cheat for money :) and I think you would be shocked to find out that not all cheaters cheat for money.

Dumpin
10-15-2007, 07:10 AM
ye, I think if you make a good script it will cost much time, though don't forget the energy bill, and the risk of getting banned and start all over again. as again said, we don't do it for the money, its for the fun and the challenge. thanks to scar we all have fun hanging out on this forum...

that is how I see SRL / autoing.

noobs are ppl 2
10-15-2007, 07:14 AM
I can see now why you guys do this. The harder jagex tries to ban you the better you guys will do. i admire that and im learning scar right now very interesting like a mini visual basic. you guys are living for the challenge not for the "thrill" of following rules. and by the way i define x as what ever the person wants it to be that x is something we call motivation. thanks for the responses guys helps me to understand this whole misconception of autoing.

Dumpin
10-15-2007, 07:41 AM
your welcome :) and now get your ass to the tut island and learn scar!!! :P

jk/jk

try learning it its really fun.

masteryoda™
10-15-2007, 09:06 AM
I personaly don't cheat for money. I cheat for levels. To get better. My view is that cheating for levels is completely different to cheating for money.

noobs are ppl 2
10-16-2007, 03:03 AM
i see so everyone dosent agree to cheating for money which is actually veiwed by me as ok actualy for that matter i see autoing in general as ok and good money maker since u can sell a good script for like 2m a pop it is a very good profit maker

P1nky
10-16-2007, 03:11 AM
yo good question but who cares i think RS autoz too like Pwnzor said =P respawns same time =P

Dark_Sniper
10-16-2007, 03:15 AM
what are we hurting?

take out autoers and prices of everything would soar to be impossible to buy anything.

in my point of veiw we are very cheap laborers :p

we can cause an influx in the item we choose :)

so I say we go after ess this week you guys?
lets make it hit over 60 ea for regular :p

i mean if we all banded together and no one sold for anything less...

we would hold most of the ess in runescape...

thus giving us the power to control prices..

making it very nice and we can then set the economy straight ... so we help legit players :)

we are like "trees" and "plankton" without us there would be no "oxygen" for legits to survive upon.

incase no one got the plankton part:

In the process of photosynthesis, phytoplankton release oxygen into the water. Half of the world's oxygen is produced via phytoplankton photosynthesis. The other half is produced via photosynthesis on land by trees, shrubs, grasses, and other plants.

hustler
10-16-2007, 04:36 AM
i could care less

noobs are ppl 2
10-16-2007, 06:50 AM
i like dark snipers response very rethought +1

WT-Fakawi
10-16-2007, 09:09 AM
Check out this (http://www.srl-forums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8712&highlight=morality)thread for an overview of the morality of Cheating.

EDIT: Here is my post:

I want to stick to game related ethical and moral issues, not real life. Let's for the sake of clarity compare the way we play runescape with some other game cheating situations:

- You play a card or board game with your friends and they all cheat on you. You loose.
- You play an online War Game and the enemy uses an aimbot to kill you over and over.
- Due to a bug in some game a large amount of players gain in a short time a huge advantage over others.
- You get killed by your "friends" ingame even though you made appointments not to. They doublecrossed you.
- Your best friend uses a method to gain advantage, but he wont let you in on his secret.

Point is: Cheaters ruin any game, they spoil the fun for non cheaters.
This is the dominant view on cheating. It is -in terms of the ruleset we have named "ethics"- unethical. You just dont do that. Right?

Well, this is to some degree at least part of the truth. But here are my RS-specific pov's:

Runescape has got to be one of the worst looking repetitive games ever. I have spent years behind my Commodore 64 and Amiga back in the late 80's on games that where more fun and better looking than RS. Really. Yes you can run it from any browser, but i'd rather have it good looking in its own client, tyvm, like any descent game. It's awesome repetitioness provokes in fact macroing. It is one of the first things you think of: Is this really neccesary? This is not funny anymore! Can't this be done automatically?
RuneScape is slooooow and it takes forever. All actions are deliberately slowed down just to keep you playing. Leveling from 1-94 requires as much XP as from 94-99. It is a never ending spiral. It literally takes you years to be a somebody on RS and by that time you have waisted 1000's of hours of precious time (+ 100$ minimum), and time is limited my friends, dont waist it. In that sense is RS an evil game and has and will continue to destroy hundreds of young lifes.
The RS - cheating hypocracy is maxed out at the Jagex forums. Where do you think merchanters with 100k+ of whatever have obtained their goods? Botting is one of the backdones of the Jagex Economy. If you eliminate all botting, you crash the RS-economy. Talking about bot, ever tried querying Jagex Forums for "bot"? Thread about bots are deleted within minutes. The audience is misguided and deliberately kept dum.
For me using SCAR on RS is challenging. I see it as a hobby. Where other people paint, build or collect stamps, I program. I play a game within the game itself, tricky and complicated. Positive sideeffect of it all is: I can teach others to program just by producing scripts and a backbone: SRL.
I have modelled SRL so that it attracts people that share my views. We cheat, but we dont abuse. On the contrary, if played well, nobody actually notices we aren't real-life players (which is no excuse I know...). But this is my challenge: staying alive.

I dont play RS anymore. It is a very provocative game IMHO.

noobs are ppl 2
10-16-2007, 09:18 AM
so then your in it for the challenge, for the game within the game, not for the dusty cover on the outside but the attractive gem hidden within.

Lacky
10-16-2007, 09:48 AM
My honest opinion would be, without all the botting and cheating, everyone would be poor and be asking for everything just to get to say...level 20 in a skill.

RuneScape is just a game, therefore no-one at any time can get hurt from it. Anyone saying else wise, tells lies. Games themselves cannot hurt you. It's what you do within the games that can hurt you.

We actually are not cheating, if you look at some peoples signatures, such as Fakawi's here, there are no cheats for RuneScape.

Without RuneScape, we all would probably be really bored, or Scripting for WoW or something...

Just my two cents worth. :p

Sypher
10-16-2007, 07:26 PM
My honest opinion would be, without all the botting and cheating, everyone would be poor and be asking for everything just to get to say...level 20 in a skill.

RuneScape is just a game, therefore no-one at any time can get hurt from it. Anyone saying else wise, tells lies. Games themselves cannot hurt you. It's what you do within the games that can hurt you.

We actually are not cheating, if you look at some peoples signatures, such as Fakawi's here, there are no cheats for RuneScape.

Without RuneScape, we all would probably be really bored, or Scripting for WoW or something...

Just my two cents worth. :p

i completly agree :)

Timer
10-16-2007, 08:00 PM
you mean some people play rs and not auto!?

noobs are ppl 2
10-17-2007, 04:23 AM
i guess so

amrak
10-17-2007, 09:30 AM
Well, im fine with hacking a game like runescape, i think it is actually more fun and rewarding (in terms of 'sense of accomplishment') to play 'SCAR' than runescape :)

yes, i actually believe there is more 'gameplay' involved in tweaking scar scripts than 'playing' runescape.

also...

in a way, hacking these kind of hardcore grinding games does the entire industry (and dare i say, mankind) a favour; it stops most people from taking them to seriously i think. if no one hacked runescape, the high-end players would become more competitive, pouring more time and money into the game, causing other companies to try to imitate the games structure in order to get some of the pie. and nobody wants that.

on the other hand, im not fine with hacking games that require skill to play, such as a FPS or strategy game. If you hack games like these your not gaining anything, except maybe a small (and unsubstantiated) self-esteem buff. apart from that your ruining the fun for the legits (not a problem i think applies to runescape).

so please people, use your powers of hacking for good, not evil. only hack crap games :D

noobs are ppl 2
10-17-2007, 09:50 AM
lol i think u got a good point i agree toatly witth the only hack crap games part

gerauchert
10-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Well i cheat for the most obvious reason...

for the chicks man! :D

n3ss3s
10-17-2007, 12:11 PM
For me using SCAR on RS is challenging. I see it as a hobby. Where other people paint, build or collect stamps, I program. I play a game within the game itself, tricky and complicated. Positive sideeffect of it all is: I can teach others to program just by producing scripts and a backbone: SRL.

Same here, except I aint developing SRL :p

+ I think making a script is more challenging, more work, and you stay in better shape than playing tag with iron ores, like "Click, wait, click, wait, bank, click, wait, click wait", just friken stupid.

EDIT: Even I cannot work for JaGeX, im interested in what kind of people work there, and what professions is there in game creating etc, so, cant remember what, but some JaGeX employee place is 82K £ salary! Like, 8k £ a month?! Thats like, you could buy 4 new good computers every month ffs..

noobs are ppl 2
10-17-2007, 05:21 PM
Well i cheat for the most obvious reason...

for the chicks man! :D

LMAO what kind of chicks huh fat sweaty ones that play rs for virtual bfs?!?!??!?!

Becks
10-17-2007, 05:39 PM
i auto to make money half the time more is for my lvl....

richk1693
10-17-2007, 07:43 PM
I've never really thought about that so i'm gunna wing it as i type.
We all cheat at runescape here. I'm often told i have no life for doing it. But when you really think about it who has more of a life? A guy who presses Alt+Ctrl+R and goes out with his friends or the guy who plays An online game nonstop? It doesn't bother me that i cheat. People complain that we are ruining the game, but we're really not. If everyone stopped cheating for one month the prices in game would skyrocket and nobody would be able to afford a rune axe. I'm not bothered at all because honestly the RS economy needs us.

King of Knives
10-17-2007, 08:30 PM
I do not actually cheat. I make my scripts, publish them to this flourishing and utterly awesome communite, and then I just let them flow in SRL's waters. Then, when I get/see a good idea for a new script, I make that too. I never actually use my scripts.

But OK; Who wouldn't lie if they said that they hadn't ever cheated. As early as today, I ran Wizzup?'s essence miner, but only to get the ess for a new script I'm making.

As Dark_Sniper said on the previous page: We could make prices as we want them too. We could balance it back to the old 60gp per regular ess. But we could also crash the market, making every regular ess worth less than one gp.

Seen from an economical side, we actually control and maintain the overall economy and good of the RuneScape-legits.

I script/cheat because it is my hobby, and I plan to continue on it, as long as possible. I do it because I like to (quote, WT-Fakawi) "Outsmart the system".

Also, I see myself as a bit of a boring guy IRL, so sometimes it helps me to be in community of rebellion - It makes me feel not-so-boring.

-Knives

boomyshoe
10-17-2007, 11:20 PM
Sometimes I feel bad. But lots of people do it and I am not stealing from anyone am I? If anything I am ruining my own experience

buck cakes
10-18-2007, 02:37 AM
i dont feel bad at all about cheating in rs.
as fakawi said, the game of cat and mouse between us and jagex is more fun than the repetitive game itself

noobs are ppl 2
10-18-2007, 03:25 AM
its preety gay how stupid jagex is being i think they just want to look as if they are actually doing something

Danteliciouz
10-18-2007, 08:15 PM
lol i don't feel guilty at all cuz i haven't actually done it lol

coolxboxgamer
10-19-2007, 01:55 AM
interesting idea......

you will be cought eventually though, but than u just go make a new character right ;)

josh81193
10-19-2007, 02:38 AM
i "cheat" to make lvls, and money, i only auto to get a few stats up, i dont auto to get my combat up

well basicly, lol, im upset cuz i have lost a pretty good amount of stuff (real money and runescape stuffs) so why not just risk it all and try to get good stats and money along with it

why not think of SCAR as a game we test 99.9% on runescape? ;P seems to make sense to me hahah!

noobs are ppl 2
10-19-2007, 03:54 AM
umm i dont really understand but yeah sure why not ;)
whatever neways im gonna try and make my first script watch out for it cause its gonna sux monkey dick

10-19-2007, 06:52 PM
Im all for autoing,
I cant really see who it hearts,
and its good because I dont need to be at computer

1337 Ducky
10-19-2007, 11:51 PM
After all this posting
I've gotten a new perpestive on autoing

I just hate the gold farmers

We are a different type of autoer

link555
10-21-2007, 02:42 AM
well i first started out trying to create a key logger and i successfully made one i did it about 5 times on some really high lvls got loads of cash in about 4 hours (not including writting the program) then jagex almost immediately IP ban me so now i use a special proxy to play runescape so i figured i would stop hacking i deleted the program and never used it again plus it was really mean and I DONT ADVISE TO ATTEMPT THIS METHOD OF MAKING CASH!!!!!!! so i was looking around to find something that i could use to get cash without hurting anyone then i heard of a new annoyance around runescape AUTOING!!!!!! (w00t :p ) so i decided hey i can auto overnight and through school and work without hurting anyone!!! so i did some searches online and about 1 day later i figured out how to script, auto and keep up wiht it as well so from then on my way of gettin cash is autoing! and thats how it started for me.

beanman
10-21-2007, 06:52 AM
i look at it this way - rs has unlimited resources, since it is a online game. When I auto, I do not take away any thing from anyone. Its not like I am stealing anything? Goblins respawn at the same rate from an auto-er as they would from another person. If you look at it in the way you do, people steal other people hard earned things all the time by just taking away a goblin. Like i said, I take nothing away from any person who plays rs legit, I just make mine with out working as hard.

Agreed

id almost have to think to come up with something that good. im glad u did it for me Q:)

beanman
10-21-2007, 06:55 AM
well i first started out trying to create a key logger and i successfully made one i did it about 5 times on some really high lvls got loads of cash in about 4 hours (not including writting the program) then jagex almost immediately IP ban me so now i use a special proxy to play runescape so i figured i would stop hacking i deleted the program and never used it again plus it was really mean and I DONT ADVISE TO ATTEMPT THIS METHOD OF MAKING CASH!!!!!!! so i was looking around to find something that i could use to get cash without hurting anyone then i heard of a new annoyance around runescape AUTOING!!!!!! (w00t :p ) so i decided hey i can auto overnight and through school and work without hurting anyone!!! so i did some searches online and about 1 day later i figured out how to script, auto and keep up wiht it as well so from then on my way of gettin cash is autoing! and thats how it started for me.

yea i got all my stuff stolen off me once which was like 5 mil. i know what u mean i wouldn't wish that to happen to anyone. that got me steamed so i searched for hax for Rs and found scripts kinda like u did.

ZaSz
10-21-2007, 07:49 PM
i use bots to make money. but am i really harming anyone?
no its just a game. But i also like to show of to my friends!

mitch123hoff
10-28-2007, 02:59 PM

I agree, Runescape is just a game, why not cheat? I mean you dont feel bad when you cheat on xbox do you? runescape and xbox both have unlimited resources so that makes my anology right :P

Lacky
10-29-2007, 08:54 AM
There is nothing wrong with cheating in a game.

Lee Lok Hin
10-29-2007, 09:36 AM
Actualyl there is. It makes all the legit jealous

lol, so jagex promises them there is nothing like cheating anywhere on earth

so why is there a report button?

Lacky
10-30-2007, 11:22 AM
Actualyl there is. It makes all the legit jealous

lol, so jagex promises them there is nothing like cheating anywhere on earth

so why is there a report button?

Touché.

lacey01
10-30-2007, 02:20 PM
we autoers have lives so we let our autoes do the jobs we hate.:(h): simple as that:D :spongebob:

Halcyon-Word
10-31-2007, 03:53 AM
I would prefer using SCAR over playing legit,
the beauty of the program is it lets you have a life and do more important things such as; Live.
Nothing more irritating than a sweaty rash on your wrist, a kink in your back that gives you a sharp pain every time you straighten up after slouching over the desk for how ever many hours you spend playing, and the old square eyes you get from staring at the pixels for a wee bit too long.. (yes some symptoms i have experienced)
- So to be frank i don't care for the other people, they have a choice, go outside and use a well made program that you have scripted either yourself or by someone else (Kudos) to do the work for you.
- or stay inside and get a computer tan and wait for hours and hours just to gain 1 level.

Some things are riskier than others, it just comes down to whether or not you want to take it.

we autoers have lives so we let our autoes do the jobs we hate.:(h): simple as that:D :spongebob:
i only just saw your comment, i agree :D

Basand
10-31-2007, 04:26 AM

Couldn't agree more!
All that needs to be said on my part!

Lacky
10-31-2007, 08:21 AM

You are forgetting the Chinese! :p They love it because it gets them money!

I would prefer using SCAR over playing legit

I think everyone does...

Khazar
10-31-2007, 06:33 PM
not everyone goes for money.
bored of rs and just want to pk so they autofight.
making money: if you auto cut yew to sell. that means you're selling it to someone else. that's getting the level. If nobody is there to cut the yew, then nobody is there to buy it. so it makes the Runescape world spin.

mark9510
10-31-2007, 11:53 PM
i say we do not cheat because scar runs 1 person at a time so we only take as much as we would sitting and playing

Lacky
11-01-2007, 06:28 AM
That's why they created Multiplayers and Virtual Machines.

Effekt
11-01-2007, 07:43 AM
Doesn't bother me or effect me so to answer your question No.

kilo187
11-02-2007, 12:12 AM
Just like many people have stated macroing is a neccessary "evil" in the game of runescape. And just like another guy said its not for the money its a hobby and he has fun in the forums. Well i feel like an idiot saying this but i have actually been playing runescape for a week or so with out autoing cause i have to get scar and srl back with some scripts. And for the past day or so i haven't really played at all cause ive been in here just reading post on how to do different things with the program cause i have to relearn how to use it.
Also i have been chatting on all these random generl news posts for no reason. So in other words we are not "cheating" we are just kinda hanging out and coming up with adventurous ways to fuck with jagex lol.
Plus another guy said that we arent hurting any body and thats ttrue we are helping the shit out of them...
since botting has got more and more popular what have the prices of shit done?????
FELL!!!!!!! we are making it easier for the hard working little bastards of runescape that havent experienced botting yet.

Thats my view on it...

Nice posts everybody

Lacky
11-02-2007, 10:30 AM
We are not "cheating" we are just kinda hanging out and coming up with adventurous ways to fuck with jagex.

My sentiments exactly. :)

Since botting has got more and more popular what have the prices of shit done?????
FELL!!!!!!! we are making it easier for the hard working little bastards of runescape that havent experienced botting yet.

Without us, everyone would have every single item in the game because everything would be really low prices.

So, you could say, we are doing good and our bit for the community of RuneScape, and Jagex. :)

Userkill
11-03-2007, 11:49 AM
runescape is just asking to be cheated at... so cheat!

n3ss3s
11-03-2007, 11:56 AM
I have a new view btw: "Dang, less than blink of eye! Those legits have no br41nz0rh to comprehend teh speed to click before my script! " :p

Link555, thats what we call a low life.

We dont support scamming or hacking or Keylogging, we trick the system.

For example, KeyLogging is same as you would kick a high lvl to tah bawlz and rob him.

SRL Scriptng/Scripts then again, could be thinked of walking past the guy and grabbing his phat without anybody noticing.

nooneunderstandsme
11-08-2007, 07:24 AM
no i dont feel guilty i only auto when going out or sleeping plus click on a tree,rock etc. get boring very fast! like wacthing paint dry

link555
11-23-2007, 12:54 AM
i see it in this way MOST of the people who DO play rs legit have no lifes when i stumbled across autoing i simply thought i can have all i want in runescape and i can STILL go have a life :D

Link555, thats what we call a low life.

We dont support scamming or hacking or Keylogging, we trick the system.

For example, KeyLogging is same as you would kick a high lvl to tah bawlz and rob him.

SRL Scriptng/Scripts then again, could be thinked of walking past the guy and grabbing his phat without anybody noticing.

btw im aware of this i was young and stupid back then and desperate for pixels of course that was before i have any idea autoing was alive much less in progress and i clearly stated i DO NOT ENCOURAGE SUCH BEHAVIOR now i have lvled up my autoers and use respected scripts to blend into the runescape society

(plz i would appreciate it if you did not criticize me)

xtarc
11-23-2007, 08:34 AM

I totally agree

satan6209
11-23-2007, 08:54 AM
i would say writing a script makes up for it but if you are using someone elses script it is all good ;)
i think of it as another way of getting money, the easy way :D so yea, it is still quite easy to get banned btw

red eyes 20
11-23-2007, 09:08 PM
autoing is some what unfair but does help the comeny alot of the time (just think of rune essence)

R0b0t1
11-25-2007, 04:26 PM
Yes. That is why I think Jagex will not discuss autoers on the forums. Without them, all of the legit players would whine about high prices.

Besides, pretty hard to get rid of a color macro.

dr.quantumphysics
12-06-2007, 12:43 AM
pmg no wai :p

m'dear .. I think you need to do your homework before you ask a question such as the one you have asked - because you are asking the wrong question :) you are doing this:

If people cheat, then they cheat for money

Instead of doing this:

If people cheat, then they cheat for X

(hey guys .. what's your X?)

Your post is making the assumption that all cheaters cheat for money :) and I think you would be shocked to find out that not all cheaters cheat for money.

my x is learning how to program and its fun. I do not cheat at runescape to get more things I cheat because cheating at runescape is fun. runescape without cheating is not fun for me.

TurtleVVisperer
12-06-2007, 01:44 AM
I just think it's fun as hell! And once I get a few million I can go down to the central library and sell it to the addicted kids who go there to play! But mostly it is just really fun to beat the system.

It feels good to know I'm learning stuff too I guess. I started taking a Java class this year, so learning programming is interesting. I'm planning to start my first SCAR script this weekend.

Sir R. M8gic1an
12-06-2007, 04:20 PM
i do it for my resume :) i mean it looks great to put down in your resume:
" I made a Scar Script for runescape that was used by hundreds of people and made $3000 worth in online gp" :p

~RMagician