PDA

View Full Version : New Rule

Jackrawl
10-23-2007, 08:16 PM
OK, this sort of thing especially annoys me, and I keep googling things trying to find out about getting rid of CZ skins (I found out how, eventually) and theres always this MORON who will say something like 'use the search button' 'google it', just useless spam. So then I have to search a bit longer, looking for something relevant to what I am looking for, rather than useless spam, because several people often google it, don't find it amongst the useless spam, then post and get more crap, and so it snowballs.
I am imposing that if you say :google: , or something to that effect, since all it does is make someone angry, that you have to find the correct answer for them and tell them where it is - otherwise noobpoints will be handed out like candy from the utter, useless SPAM.
No one here really has a problem with this, but it makes me so angry when people tell others to 'pull up their socks,' when they've probably done it too.

Harry
10-23-2007, 08:23 PM
No one uses noob points anymore. But people should stop using :google: for hard to find things. If it is like stickied or something, it will eb appropiate to use :google: IMO :)

Dan Cardin
10-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Hy71194 gets a http://www.greg.impwiki.org/noobpoints/noobpoints.png for a Useless Post
(not really, i just took the image)

im going to start using them again if i see newby people

Jackrawl
10-23-2007, 09:34 PM
It's fine to tell people to use the search button, but when push comes to shove, all that does is take up space.

Someone is curious why he's getting an error in an Wizzups E'Miner.
He makes a thread.
Someone Replies with 'Search button?'
He searches several times.
After a while, he finds it.
He replies with 'Closed, found it =/'
Several people find the thread, because they used the search button.
They find no information.
They search a little longer.
They make threads.

Lets face it, all that is is useless spam. If it was an online messenger, it wouldn't matter, but the thread doesn't get deleted so it snowballs.

RAM
10-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Look at some of my old posts, I use to do this for people...most of the time searching their exact question and displaying the answers.....

I was actually thinking of making a new rule... 1 day ban for not searching...beats the hell out of 4 noob points any day ;)

Jackrawl
10-24-2007, 02:27 AM
o_O This is to get rid of people spamming the place up with 'USE THE SEARCH BUTTON ZOMGS' that don't bother to help/see how hard it is to find the information.

GoF
10-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Mainly thats told to people who like.. post to the scripting help section to ask "wher r da wizzup essminers" .. Many times people haven't even tried searching, and you can just tell that you've tried searching already in your thread to avoid this. No need for a new rule IMO.

Jackrawl
10-24-2007, 07:26 PM
It's also to make searching easier for the people who know where the search button is =O
The community doesn't have a problem with it, true =/ It's mostly a very moral community, something that I find rather funny as it's a community for 't3h h4x.'

legendaryhero90
10-25-2007, 01:13 AM
Look at some of my old posts, I use to do this for people...most of the time searching their exact question and displaying the answers.....

I was actually thinking of making a new rule... 1 day ban for not searching...beats the hell out of 4 noob points any day ;)

why not just do an IP ban for the heck of it :p

Jackrawl
10-25-2007, 02:17 AM
You sicko, you're looking for girls to put in your signature?( I thought you were a girl..? ...OH )