PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft/Guild Wars/RuneScape? Which One? YOU Decide!

Lacky
10-25-2007, 10:15 AM
There has been lots of competition with making MMORPG's. Which one is the best? Do you vote because of the graphics? The gameplay? The concept/storyline? Which MMORPG is the best!?!?

A): Warcraft: Includes WoW and Warcraft and all expansions.
B): Guild Wars: Includes all expansions.
C): RuneScape: Includes Private Servers.
D): Other MMORPG's: Includes All of the above (expansions, private servers etc.).

Which one? Post which one you voted for as well!

My Vote:

I am still deciding between Warcraft and Guild Wars, but I am probably going to have to go with Guild Wars.

Bobzilla69
10-25-2007, 10:25 AM
well lets see.

World of Warcraft: great game, fun to play, very large area, new expansions coming out, but u have to pay alot to play the game.

GuildWars: its a fun game all u pay for is the game (and internet) but i feel that its not that great, its to short, the maximum level is to low, the game is very big which is good, but i dont feel like its that good.

Runescape: well this is fun, lrage game as u have such high level to reach in skills, the membership is not that bad, and the most important thing is that we all love making new scripts for teh game.

Others: well i dont really know of any otehrs that are good, i have played City of Heros/Villans that game just sucked, hear of RV (dont know what it is), EVE (aint got a clue) but dont like the look of it anyways, i have beta tested quite alot of MMO's but they all aint any good compared to WOW and guildwars, but thats just my thoughts

GoF
10-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Mmm... WoW costs more, but you can play with more accounts than 1 ;) For RS you need to pay for each character.

These kind of threads tend to fail if they're posted to a RS forum. Like asking someone on a WoW forum if RS is good.. You'd probably get flamed :p Or that would happen in pretty much any gaming related not fully RS forum..

I like WoW alot, a great game.. But I recently quit as I was just too bored to it, and I didnt feel like playing any game really, I've also played GW but it was kind of short and I didnt really get that excited about it..

Also as bobzilla said "as u have such high level to reach in skills" .. NOT necessarily a good thing at all, as the only way to reach that high level is painful grinding, in any skill. Not exactly fun, like in GW the leveling is more focused on doing quests, not sitting somewhere clicking slowly respawning enemies or trees etc. for hundreds of hours.. Mainly why people macro too?

So my vote still goes to WoW ;)

nething
10-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Never player WoW.
Guild wars is really fun and I like how you only have to pay for the game.
I personally think WoW is stupid based on the fact that it is $15 a month. I think that that is a little overpriced for a game. Also you have to buy the Game itself which is another $50?
Runescape is fun but gets really boring once you get to about 70 in all your skills. It takes hours to level.
I like Xbox Live the best. (Halo 3 Ftw).
I think I should probly try WoW before talking shit about it but yea, That is my opinion.

JuKKa
10-25-2007, 08:20 PM
i have played them all

World of warcraft: Okay, the first warcraft series, they were all pretty good, Havent really played them all that much. But when they made world of warcraft i thought hmm.. is this really a good game? So i went to the store bought it played to level 60 .. K after 60 .. Umm booooring! Then they release the expansion.. Its even more boring i cant even get one level its so boring! And now they plan to release another expansion cant wait to NOT BUY IT! The quests.. Theres alot of them but most of them plain stupidity. The NPC's should just do it themselfes.

Guild Wars: When my friend bought this game, we were all excited and stuff cool game okay. I created my warrior/monk got to level 20. What now? umm boredome! i made a elementalist/monk level 20 booring. i quit very boring game. The quests were alot cooler than wow's and runescapes

Runescape: wow.. i only play this game because i can cheat.. its not that good, both guild war and wow beat this game by 100-0.

Wow & GW FTW, Wow is the best anyho.

Ejjman
10-25-2007, 10:04 PM
Guild Wars .. Plot
Runescape .. interact, friends, social gathering
WoW .. to be able to say "I play wow everyone I am THAT good"

I own Guild wars, they have amazing plots. The grafix I don't care, runescape is the best IMO, soooo, whatever.

Runescape Pro
10-25-2007, 11:05 PM
im gunna say rs... but im addicted to it so yea

Bobzilla69
10-26-2007, 08:05 AM
u see the thing is what do u actually want in a game????

do u want graphics??? game play????? storyline???? or price??????

World Of Warcraft: Graphics actually look good even if they are comical style, game play is ok, but like any MMO leveling sucks after a bit, well story line, i have to say it can suck at time, but thene again i dont care about the story line, i just want to play it. and the price, i think its a bit much paying that much for a game, thats y i only play once a leap year, lol, ok not that long, but i play over the christmas period for a month and only a month as my character can get double xp the next year when i play it :P

GuildWars:Ok that game does look good, graphics are very nice, but whats with the not being able to jump???? it sucks, u allways have to take the same route coz that part cant be walked on. the gameplay is way to short, whats the point in paying like £25-30 for a game that last like 2 hours, there is no point in that at all. oh yeh the storyline, i think it had a good storyline i just didnt listen to it, coz i want to play the game. if i wanted a story i would read on, that doesnt mean its not a good thing i just dont pay attention to it.

ok now for the last

Runescape: graphic are actually ok, seeing as how its accessed, the music does my head in, i just have to turn all sound off or i will go mad.
Gameplay is extreamly long when u get to high levels but whats the point in making it easy, makes people play longer.
storyline, it even has a storyline, see i really dont even pay attention to that, if it has one, good on it, i dont like reading all those long bits of text they just annoy me.
oh yeh the price, the price aint bad for what u get a extreamly big world, new items quest skills so its actually ok.

see u need to evaluate each game carefully, pro's, con's and then :fiery: burn them all:fiery: and just buy the game that looks the best

sorry for my long rant, lol.

vasu
10-26-2007, 08:06 PM
i voted wow, its good game but so expensive:mad:

Lacky
10-27-2007, 03:36 AM
u see the thing is what do u actually want in a game????

do u want graphics??? game play????? storyline???? or price??????

That's exactly what I said in my first post...lol

GoF
10-27-2007, 03:35 PM
People seriously cant afford 15$ per month? Thats really sad...

Runescape .. interact, friends, social gathering

I think even those things are done better in GW and WoW :p

vasu
10-27-2007, 07:54 PM
People seriously cant afford 15$ per month? Thats really sad...

I think even those things are done better in GW and WoW :p

why would i want to affrod 15$ in month for a GAME?

Markus
10-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Runescape: -.-
Guildwars: Never played
WoW: ownage!

richk1693
10-27-2007, 11:44 PM
I'm fully addicted to ragnarok online. Yay for RO.

Lacky
10-28-2007, 01:54 AM
Ragnarok, I have always wanted to play that, but I google it, and didn't find nothing but an Indian thing...(and you have to prove you live in India :p).

@Markus: Play GuildWars...Now! - Seriously though, you shoudl try it, it's a bit like WoW.

GoF
10-28-2007, 11:54 AM
why would i want to affrod 15$ in month for a GAME?

I assume you're a RS member..? Why would you waste 5$ per month to a shitty java game?

And wow costs like 20€ around here.. And 10-15ish € per month. So basically you get like 4 months of play time with the same price of 1 for example x-box 360 game or so..

@Lacky, its more like... A cheap version of WoW :p And ragnarok pwns too :) or used to.. Got tired to it. I suggest playing in private servers though.

vasu
10-28-2007, 06:20 PM
well i've played like 3-4 years runescape and i had 1 member...if i would use all my money in wow, that would be same as new computer.. and i want new computer more than WoW.

PwNZoRNooB
10-28-2007, 08:45 PM
I played WoW about an year (2005-2006) and I've got Warcraft 2, Dark Portal and Warcraft3 & FT.
I'm thinking of starting to play WoW again.

But the main reason why I voted Warcraft/World Of Warcraft is because Warcraft 3 & FT is the best strategy game there is!

Lacky
10-29-2007, 08:35 AM
I assume you're a RS member..? Why would you waste 5$ per month to a shitty java game?

And wow costs like 20€ around here.. And 10-15ish € per month. So basically you get like 4 months of play time with the same price of 1 for example x-box 360 game or so..

@Lacky, its more like... A cheap version of WoW :p And ragnarok pwns too :) or used to.. Got tired to it. I suggest playing in private servers though.

Cheap, I guess. What's ragnarok like? It looks a bit like gaia online from some of the pics on the Indian website i saw :p lol

well i've played like 3-4 years runescape and i had 1 member...if i would use all my money in wow, that would be same as new computer.. and i want new computer more than WoW.

Well...yeh...because without a computer you can't play WoW...(or can you...=O :p ;))

I played WoW about an year (2005-2006) and I've got Warcraft 2, Dark Portal and Warcraft3 & FT.
I'm thinking of starting to play WoW again.

But the main reason why I voted Warcraft/World Of Warcraft is because Warcraft 3 & FT is the best strategy game there is!

WHat strategy is there in getting pwned? :p lol - J/K.

red eyes 20
11-20-2007, 10:06 PM
vanguard(more grown up wow, lol it's good same/better graphix, but not goofy =p ) so imho that's best game ever, so i vote, other mmorpg.