PDA

View Full Version : Technical service blog

HellBoyz
10-27-2007, 11:45 PM
Technical Service Blog

It seem that some of the people have a problem suffer from computer technical issue.

I may know that it will try to help people in computer issue. So, lets start on my introduction.

My name is John and my nickname in here was hellbb. I was currently working at a Swimming Club as a full-time computer technician. Although it sound like mostly not a good techy thing but was working about 8 years in a roll in IT world since there until now. As a contribution back to the community, I'll try to answer any issue against the technical issue of your computer system.

if you want to know the price for certain part, you can try post it up here.

this blog will not going to any thread, which it seem not very suitable to other topic (hopefully admin will open a topic about this I'm just dreaming) so please post any technical problem or parts price reference here and i'll try to solve it for you as good as possible.

thank you

Mr.Klean
10-27-2007, 11:59 PM
Alright your first task.

Find me a cheap 2.5ghz+ Socket 775 processor. Single core. 800 mhz FSB.

Just kidding, I will do it myself. Although if you find one for under $50 I would appreciate a link :)

God to see someone finally offering help "formally" so people don't have to make topics complaining about something.

HellBoyz
10-29-2007, 02:09 AM
Why still using a old processor? According to my source (Intel) the processor was obsilate about last year. But if you still want it you can try search from ebay, its cheap there

RudeBoiAlex
10-29-2007, 04:51 PM
dam i pmed you just before you went on its about the vm

HellBoyz
10-30-2007, 12:35 AM
I've send you the timezone and the available time when I'll be online so check it out as soon as online

rogeruk
10-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Why still using a old processor? According to my source (Intel) the processor was obsilate about last year. But if you still want it you can try search from ebay, its cheap there

Intel obsilate? Are you serious? Lol.

Intel Quad cores pwn AMD's ass. Check any comparison chart.

Markus
10-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Intel obsilate? Are you serious? Lol.

Intel Quad cores pwn AMD's ass. Check any comparison chart.

Read the post above. He's talking about that single core processor. Not about the newest quadcores :p

HellBoyz
10-31-2007, 01:04 AM
Thanks Markus, yes single core processor will out of date soon in the market, better switch to quad core in future purchase decision.

Pancakes
10-31-2007, 01:10 AM
My computer at home (not my laptop) runs on steam power...

Mr.Klean
10-31-2007, 01:16 AM
The only reason I was looking for a P4 was because I have all the other components I just needed the processor to build a pretty fast machine.

HellBoyz
10-31-2007, 01:18 AM
steam? wow what power is that boiling water? jk

HellBoyz
10-31-2007, 01:25 AM
The only reason I was looking for a P4 was because I have all the other components I just needed the processor to build a pretty fast machine.

I see what you mean now. If you try to get it, i suggest you try on ebay. actually i have one over here but shipping to you place will cost a lot then the actual price of the processor.

Ok, I've check with Mlink (one of my distributor) the new P4 3.0Ghz processor with 2mb cache and 800Mhz FSB and the cost with conversion was USD60, its better you get it rather the P4 2.5Ghz as it would be second hand or third hand in nature of market.

phoenixlament
11-02-2007, 05:57 PM
lol I work as a computer technician for future shop :p

dual cores all the way. Computer prices are going down, so personally i'd recommend the Intel Core Duo or AMD X2. It's well worth the dollar.

ryuko
11-16-2007, 11:58 AM
HELP!
IT says '<' is an invalid integer on line 2816!

FrÕzÑ_§ÕµL
02-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Lol mate, tell us what script, show us the lines around 2816, and show us the full error (not necessary in this case).

HellBoyz
02-29-2008, 01:57 AM
wrong thread mate. This thread is for technical issue and not for script. Please post else where...

kingarabian
02-29-2008, 06:59 AM
Yo dawg I bought a new dell comp a couple a months ago....It used to be super super fast with vista.....but now its really slow. Got any recommendations for me? You know to speed it up? Or you dont help in these stuffs?

Thanks!

HellBoyz
02-29-2008, 09:08 AM
Well, i'm not sure vista do support disable service... but if do, try disable some of the services that consider not useful like wireless manager, service update or so... and try to minimize the colorful feature so it will run much faster...

infested999
02-29-2008, 06:24 PM
You can try the usual stuff to speed it up.
- Virus Scan
- Crap Cleaner
- Tune Up Utilities 2007
- O&O defrag

and all that stuff

runeman11
02-29-2008, 10:14 PM
alright, i've got question/problem (takes a deep breath)... i recently purchased (Christmas time) a new inspiron 1720 labtop w/ vista and it runs PC Cillin for antivirus... one day i tried to start it up and it couldn't/wouldn't boot up... each time i would just arrive at a black screen w/ options to eithor start windows normally or run some kind of windows problem finder.. if i chose to start normally it would attempt to boot, then it would shut down and reboot to the same black screen... if i chose to try to find the problems, it would search/scan for disk errors(i think disk errors) and then reboot to the same black screen... eventually i got i got to a screen with the option to restore it to factory settings, so i did... now whenever i try to shutdown, it stays on the windows shutting down screen, then eventually it reboots on its own... if i leave it alone, it will shut down after some time and reboot... at times i catch a blue screen that says something like driver_power_failure (or something similiar to this)... when it does start up, i check for solutions to the unexected shutdown--comes up saying it has to do w/ PC Cillin but doesn't offer any solutions.. this labtop worked for me for a couple of weeks before this all started so i don't know what is wrong....
sry for long post, if i left anything out just message me... and thx in advance!

HellBoyz
03-06-2008, 04:43 AM
Is it a dell notebook? Then you should send it to check as the problem probably was caused by memory card not compatible issue...

runeman11
03-06-2008, 10:39 PM
yes it is a dell and thanx :)

HellBoyz
03-10-2008, 01:07 AM
grad to help you out...

Runescapian321
03-10-2008, 01:48 AM
I'm not sure if this would be relevant to your topic but since you're a computer genius I thought I might as well ask anyway :p

I'm planning to get a laptop in a few months time (trying to figure out what I want now so I can start saving money). I wouldn't be using it for much, probably just for schoolwork and a bit of programming (whether it be C, C++, Scar, etc). And maybe Age of Empires, a game with this stuff needed -

* Microsoft® Windows® XP
* PC with 1.4 GHz equivalent or higher processor
* 256 MB of system RAM
* 2 GB available hard disk space
* 32x speed or faster CD-ROM drive
* 64 MB video card with support for hardware transformation and lighting required
* Sound card, speakers or headphones required for audio
* Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
* 56.6 Kbps or better modem for online play

I was thinking of a MAC but tbh the closest thing I've used to a MAC would be my iPod touch :p I've also heard that they're expensive? If you could, enlighten me about the 'Windows chip' or something like that. If not a MAC then what would you recommend?

HellBoyz
03-12-2008, 08:55 AM
Thanks for posting your problem here although it's not relevant to the topic and perhaps i should open a new thread instead but that's will be fine, so back to your question...

Seem like you are thinking of buying a new laptop... There are various brand of laptop range you can choose out there in the market but if you think out of MAC, first thing you must be sure that whether AoE can be playable on MAC OS or not and mostly your requirement will be well fit on most type of laptop.

Purely, if you think on future your laptop will be using to play 3D gaming system which is not that suitable for 3D although some laptop do came with integrated 3D card upgrade-able is the main question here.

Windows XP will longer be found in all range of laptop unless those almost end of warranty model and perhaps you can check out Panasonic or Other brand of laptop in the range of...

Satellite X205-S9800 Gaming Laptop
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium
Intel® Core™2 Duo* Processor* T5500 [1.83GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 667MHz FSB]
512MB DDR3 discrete memory + up to 255MB shared memory w/NVIDIA® TurboCache™ technology
17” diagonal widescreen (WSXGA+) TruBrite®TFT LCD Display* (1680x1050)
NVIDIA® GeForce® 8700M GT
250GB HDD* (5400rpm, Serial-ATA)
DVD SuperMulti Drive*
Webcam and microphone built into LCD bezel
4 Built-in Harman Kardon® stereo speakers with 1 subwoofer
Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN (802.11a/g/n)
Bluetooth® V.2.0 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
1-Year Standard Limited Warranty
Start from price $1,449.99

Dudenow12
03-22-2008, 05:38 PM
My laptop seems to be having a bit of a problem. I have a HP Pavilion dv6000 series laptop with Vista Business edition running on it. The problem is that my clock wont change the date when the next day happens, for example I went to sleep last night and it was working just fine but I woke up this morning and the date didn't change to todays date and its the wrong time. I know I can go in a manually reset this but its rather annoying to do that every time because I seems to just mess up again. One other note, I just restored the computer back to factory settings and it is still doing this. Thank You for your help!

smithsps
03-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Did you leave it on? I had the same problem with a computer and a small 'watch' battery just need replacement.

Dudenow12
03-22-2008, 10:47 PM
Were you able to change the battery your self?

No I didn't leave it on, but it also randomly changes the time every so often.

HellBoyz
03-23-2008, 02:17 AM
It didn't happen on what you think, as most notebook all the so called factory default setting will have a standard time set to GMT(Greenwich) time, as what you need to do is double click your clock or timer at the bottom right and when you see the date and time properties.

Goto time zone tab and under the selection bar, choose the closet time zone at your place and it should be fine later on. Mostly of the time you facing this was cause by the auto time syn with the time server...

Hope it do help you. :)

Dudenow12
03-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Alright, my time zone was correct and I think that it is the small watch battery that keeps the time when you turn it off because it will get the correct time when I sync and then it messes up when I turn it off and then back on and since it doesn't re sync everytime I turn it back on it get the wrong time. And I'm sending my computer back to the manufacture to get a few hardware things fixed so I can add this to their list. Thanks for all your help.

HellBoyz
03-24-2008, 02:56 AM
Gratz, please post in back here when they return back the pc and let us know what is the major problem of it...

as i was trying to prepare a website about notebook/laptop

blackhand101
04-01-2008, 05:26 AM
here is a solution.... dont buy computers unless they have vista Service pack 2 on them i know this might be a couple years but its worth the wait... also i am w8ing for vista service pack 2 to come out then i will use it:)

Dudenow12
04-02-2008, 05:29 AM
Gratz, please post in back here when they return back the pc and let us know what is the major problem of it...

as i was trying to prepare a website about notebook/laptop

I received my laptop yesterday and the annoying clock problem is gone. They said they replaced the motherboard (because my sound card was messed up) so I think that it was the "watch" battery on the mobo, but thats really lame that it went out on me in only 6 months, yet my other laptop has had its "watch" battery last for 4 years.

KoKouKo
04-02-2008, 05:31 AM
I received my laptop yesterday and the annoying clock problem is gone. They said they replaced the motherboard (because my sound card was messed up) so I think that it was the "watch" battery on the mobo, but thats really lame that it went out on me in only 6 months, yet my other laptop has had its "watch" battery last for 4 years.
It's probably a defective battery my real time clock battery has lasted for 7 years.

HellBoyz
04-03-2008, 06:07 AM
lol the clock battery was taken from the battery itself although it will last but not that long but for dell notebook i suggest don't buy in your near future