PDA

View Full Version : SRL Membership - READ before applying to members!

n3ss3s
10-28-2007, 05:52 PM
SRL Membership

SRL Membership (the status "SRL Member" ) is NOT necassary in any way to surf the forums.

SRL Member status may sound similar to something like "A member of the SRL Forums", but SRL Member status is more "concretic" said "Approved SRL Scripters".

Also, there is no way to get a higher rank at SRL Forums by paying.

Exception is "Site Supporter", and I will not mention does it have benefits, what benefits, and if you leak/ speak about those benefits if they exists, you may lose your Site Supporter status.

Site Supporters have this small box next to their location field in the right side of their posts, and there reads "Site Supporter" and a star.

Straight quote from Dankness:

Well since afew people over the last year have donated to help keep srl forums open, I have rewarded them with a nice little user rank for that. I will not say what the benefits if any you will recive other then a fancy button. But there maybe rewards to it thats just unknown.

PS If you have recived this rank and notice any rewards dont talk about them or I will remove you from that rank.

(Information about site supporters is from http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17781?t=19471&highlight=Site+Supporter+rank)

So, do not apply for SRL Members thinking that it is necassary, or it will be for your own good, if you are a SCAR/ SRL Scripter and know the below, you can attempt for SRL Member status.

Some scripts are only released to SRL Members, if you need some motivation to learn ub3rl33t skills.

- Dynamic or normal DTMs
- Walking using RadialWalking or Dynamic DTMs
- FailSafes
- AntiRandoms
- Antiban (optional)
- Good usage of SRL MultiPlayer
- Ability to create working complex decent script.

Wait atleast one month between applying and apply with a ready script.

Also, do not ask anything about the above scripting subjects, read tutorials or post in Scripting Help.

This thread is ment to make the amount of blank, scriptless, or applications with a HelloWorld- level script decrease.

Thank you.

~n3ss3s

EDIT: Stuff considering SRL Junior Membership, DO NOT make a new thread before you have read: http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19767

EDIT EDIT: Link to one tut for SRL Member stuffs http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9377

ShowerThoughts
10-28-2007, 06:22 PM
nice tut :p

n3ss3s
10-29-2007, 01:36 PM
It isnt a tut,

This thread is ment to make the amount of blank, scriptless, or applications with a HelloWorld- level script decrease..

Read before spamming, or dont spam at all actually..

mat_de_b
10-29-2007, 08:16 PM
It is telling you how to become a member... so it is kinga a tutorial...

Santa_Clause
10-30-2007, 09:51 AM
You're aiming for moderator :p

Nice...although it's been made before.

n3ss3s
10-30-2007, 01:58 PM
This may teach, but is not a tutorial, and if someone think it is, if I would've put it in Tutorial Island, all the Blank App/No Script app etc would've be like "Nah, jsut sooem tturlai, me r t4h mastarrr pwnzah teh app"

You're aiming for moderator

A moderator either doesnt like apps like This one (http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19985) -

Hello this is prob a auto decline but what the heck ill try anyways you guys seem nice You are supposed to apply for members when you feel confident and your script fills the requirements, even we are nice people it's not like we are going to say "Hey, he thinks we are nice! Best newcomer and masters cup it is!"

There is too many posts and tutorials about becoming an SRL Member for anyone to really miss the point and requirements, I remember the following quote from my early times at SRL:

Boreas:
Noobs ignore stickies :(

n3ss3s
10-31-2007, 12:30 PM
COngratz on leet posts, and thanks for sticky.

Seems like my posts are being noticed, and in "a good way" :)

I feel like I have still some thing considering stuff liket his, I try to remember it.

PwNZoRNooB
10-31-2007, 05:28 PM
Yay. I can use them all :) I'll do something with them after I finish my walker.

And by the way, should I apply with my walker too?
It walks from Lumbridge to Edgeville. Beta is almost done.

n3ss3s
10-31-2007, 06:48 PM
Don't apply with a walker unless it has good usage of all of the requirements.

E: 2,7k posts.

HellBoyz
11-03-2007, 04:32 AM
It nice to read it as a beginner but where should i find the tut (probably will be ask by the noobs or leech)

Do mind to put some link in your 1st post for the noobs faster access?

n3ss3s
11-03-2007, 07:37 AM
Good thinking, I'll put in a sec.

Psychor
11-04-2007, 12:23 AM
I've read most of the tutorials since i wanted to learn scripting, just one thing i'm still wondering about.

I made a miner/banker script and (pride before the fall :p ) i'm confident that it fulfills the requirements.
But it's RS-member and you would need to have done a bunch of quests before you can use it.

So my question is, does it still stand a chance as not everyone can run/test it?

Just don't wanne fill out an application that would be an auto decline

Psychor

mark9510
11-04-2007, 12:28 AM
does a site supporter have to be a usd supporter or can it be like a runescape gp supporter for competitions and other things

ZephyrsFury
11-04-2007, 01:40 AM
I've read most of the tutorials since i wanted to learn scripting, just one thing i'm still wondering about.

I made a miner/banker script and (pride before the fall :p ) i'm confident that it fulfills the requirements.
But it's RS-member and you would need to have done a bunch of quests before you can use it.

So my question is, does it still stand a chance as not everyone can run/test it?

Psychor

Yes of course. I dare say that most scripts that are submited in members applications don't get tested (except maybe a compilation test). People just look at the code, check to see if it meets all the requirements and check for any possible bugs/problems.

HellBoyz
11-05-2007, 04:15 AM

Psychor

I'll be the script tester for SRL member application in future hope it will be fun testing a script. PM me if you want your script to be tested in first hand

does a site supporter have to be a usd supporter or can it be like a runescape gp supporter for competitions and other things

Real world money for support forum hosting budget

mark9510
11-07-2007, 03:04 AM
oh but it would be cool to give money for competetions

n3ss3s
11-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Giving money to the competitions is very generous (right word? ) but it kind of isn't same as Site Supporter, though maybe it'd be good if people who donate to SC etc would get also some kind of 'rank' like the Site Supporter...

mark9510
11-07-2007, 09:40 PM
that would be cool like just the word generous

EvilChicken!
11-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Ok, I know this a noobish post. (Or is it O_o?!)

Anyway, my script doesn't use any advanced DDTM's or RadialRoadWalk (wich is easy btw) but it still does its job. And it has some semi-advanced procedures. If you could bother to take a look at it and give me some response to tell me if I should apply with this..? Please? :rolleyes:

n3ss3s
11-11-2007, 11:18 AM
As the requirements say.

It is good that it does what it is supposed to, but in the apps we look more at the code than runtime.

EvilChicken!
11-11-2007, 11:33 AM
I see, thanks.

Currently working on v4.3, better "code" there. Thanks again!:D

PwNZoRNooB
11-14-2007, 08:36 PM
A falador smelter and my lumby-edgeville walker.
Do you think I could get in with them?
(Walker = ß) (Smelter = Just started)

EvilChicken!
11-14-2007, 10:36 PM
A falador smelter and my lumby-edgeville walker.
Do you think I could get in with them?
(Walker = ß) (Smelter = Just started)

I dont think this is a type of thread wich you post your script in asking for if you could git in with them or not. Or worse, (considering what he said), asking if you could get in with a script you haven't even finished.

As he said, it is all about the code.

mark9510
11-19-2007, 08:43 PM
for some reason i cant see the info on site supporter probably cause its members

n3ss3s
11-23-2007, 08:15 PM
No, it was posted in the Site Discussion?

Meh, anyways, it had about the same content...

Dudenow12
11-25-2007, 07:07 AM
When I try to click on the Site Supporters link it doesn't allow me to view the page.

Sp0rky
11-25-2007, 07:22 AM
SRL Membership
Also, there is no way to get a higher rank at SRL Forums by paying.

Aww, so i donated for nothing!

Damn, I thought I could bribe my way into srl members :(

natinsatin1
11-26-2007, 10:33 PM
thanks for making more clear

Dextima
11-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Thank you.

footballjds
12-03-2007, 04:41 PM
nice sticky ver helpful, answered many of my questions b4 i asked, tyvm!

waterfoul
12-03-2007, 10:23 PM
I lost my application post so could a member please pm it to me?

thanks in advance

n3ss3s
12-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Waterfoul, this is not the right place to ask about that, you should've pm a member, me or somebody else active, however, unfortunately you didn't get in.

Anyhow, here is the link so you can see what you need http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22048

Read the first post of this thread so you know what you need...

EDIT:
When I try to click on the Site Supporters link it doesn't allow me to view the page. And when I look under your location field it doesn't show me a Site Supporter tag -.-

L3ss Than 33
12-24-2007, 12:11 AM
Sorry, where exactly would I apply for members (in the future of course)? I am in the process of writing my first script :)

n3ss3s
12-25-2007, 08:11 PM
You apply in the "Apply for Membership" section, don't know if you will see it only when you're a junior member or above though.

Remember to apply when you have these requirements and the script really is complex, not with the first script of yours.

footballjds
01-05-2008, 03:44 AM
2 questions about this.
1).
If you do not provide a example of your scripting knowledge that is atleast 90% original work by you then your application will be automaticly declined. The SRL Member section is for scripters only, not people tryin to learn to script and certainly not for leechers.
does this ^ 90% include SRL functions?

2). is my script Membership worthy? (look at sig for the question)
thanks!:)

n3ss3s
01-05-2008, 09:01 AM
1. Yes ofcourse
2. This thread isn't for those questions, thank you.

jser
01-26-2008, 02:40 PM
quick question.. Do you have to make a script to become a member?

n3ss3s
01-26-2008, 03:30 PM
SRL Member status may sound similar to something like "A member of the SRL Forums", but SRL Member status is more "concretic" said "Approved SRL Scripters". .

But some old members of the community that contribute and help in other ways than code sometimes get memberized.

osmm
01-26-2008, 03:47 PM
wow thats lame...I donated 1m and Hobbit said I'd get a site supporter status except he was waiting for Dankens or something.

n3ss3s
01-26-2008, 03:48 PM
wow thats lame...I donated 1m and Hobbit said I'd get a site supporter status except he was waiting for Dankens or something.

What is lame? You will get site supporter status, by saying that you can't buy a higher rank I meant that you can't become a member etc by paying.

osmm
01-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Yea I know. I'm just saying its lame for w/e benifits you said I get, cause I donated the mill like sometime in December and still not got the status of site supporter. Even if no benifits I was looking forward for the little "Site Supporter" tag :D.

malotthouse
02-18-2008, 05:37 PM
I think n3ss3s is using reverse psychology in order to get more people to donate. must... resist...

anyways, thanks for the info, ive been looking at all of the membership tuts to see what i need to add to my script before i turn it in.

HellBoyz
02-28-2008, 12:03 AM
Don't you ever think to donate RSGP to get your site supporter status as site supporter status only granted to those who donate real world money to support this forums...

Safer this
06-08-2008, 11:43 PM
Hmm so I recently applied for SRL member status on a different account, and now I cannot access my account at all. (account griff721) Could applying have anything to do with it?

Dervish
07-02-2008, 09:17 AM
I got a question :

What are the requirements for a script to be accepted ?

bomberboy
07-25-2008, 05:27 PM
thats allot of help isent it but thats good stuff

Hobbit
08-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Some of you have lame virus scanners which were created by mentally retarded developers. They sometimes detect components that come with SCAR, usually SCSS, as a trojan virus. THIS IS NOT TRUE! SCSS is not, can not, and never will be a virus. Here is a direct quote from Freddy1990, maker of SCSS and current developer of SCAR.

SCSS has for some reason been marked as a trojan, it wouldn't be the first time, though I've yet to learn the cause... However, it's obsolete and will be removed in the next SRL release. It's been rewritten and released as OSS now. http://freddy1990.com/osprojects.php

So the old SCSS will be removed when the next, and final, release of the color picking version of SCAR comes out. If you want the new SCSS go to the link in the quote.

In summary...

Please stop posting pointless spam threads about how SCAR is a virus when SCAR isn't even coming up as a virus when it is SCSS that is. If you do have any concerns though, such as viruses, please PM a staff member, rather than creating threads about it.

Cheers,
SRL-Forums Staff.

ShowerThoughts
08-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Thanks Hobbit, I hope they will finely don't beg or just buy(download) another virus scanner :)

ALSO THESE ALERTS ARE HEURISTICS!

n3ss3s
08-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Thanks Hobbit, I made one and SB ofcourse claims it to not be a problem...

Hobbit
08-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Yours was kinda short (no offense) and yours is where i got Freddy's quote from :)

n3ss3s
08-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Yours was kinda short (no offense) and yours is where i got Freddy's quote from

It's cool, the point is that we have one :) Gratz on admin, I'll go find your thread...

AlexanderTheGreat
10-11-2008, 07:26 PM
I kinda turned off my virus scanner ^^
It's annoying when it pops up even when you're sure it's not a virus ..

david493
10-19-2008, 06:39 PM
So if we are just here for the scripts and stuff we can't get any higher rank. Makes sense since I'm not contributing in any way.

gamemotive001
11-06-2008, 06:38 AM
that would be cool;)

gamemotive001
11-06-2008, 06:39 AM
thats allot of help isent it but thats good stuff

gimillii1592
11-10-2008, 04:21 AM
Cool...thanks for the info!

Andyz55
11-17-2008, 03:15 AM
Hey do you just have to know alot about all of the requirements, or does your script have to have ALL of them in it too? Sorry if this was a question that was already answered but i read and didnt see it so.. One more question: if you have a script that you continually update and it is a jr. mem script that you think is finally ready to be applied for a member script because you think it has "evolved" to that level, can you submit it for srl member status if you take it off jr mem, or can you leave it in jr. mem?
If you have to take it off jr. mem before submitting it, can I wait until i see if it is denied? because if it is then I would not want to have to start another thread... Thanks a ton

TViYH
11-17-2008, 03:46 AM
You can use a Junior Member script as your application.

You need to show all requirements in the script, else we don't know if you actually know them.

Andyz55
11-17-2008, 04:56 AM
Alright thanks. Im gonna have to read up on some radialwalk tutorials then because im not too fimiliar with that topic.. Then im gonna go for member status. Does the scripts length have anything to do with it qualifying for members, or is it the quality they are looking for?

markuska815
11-17-2008, 07:28 AM
andyz55... post that in the scripting help section not in here.

Andyz55
11-17-2008, 08:11 AM
Oh crap lol im such an idiot. Thats what i get for being on multiple threads at once lol. Damn tabs. Sorry I guess I thought i was on the radialwalk tutorial thread, because i was looking at both threads at once using tabs and I must have posted that reply in the wrong place. Sorry I'll edit it out.
Thanks tho

TViYH
11-17-2008, 08:03 PM
No, I'm pretty sure you meant to post it here..The scripts length and quality, as well as implementation is put into mind.

Andyz55
11-20-2008, 12:36 AM
Huh? I was just posting exactly what I was gonna post on a radialwalk tut.
I have no idea what u mean when you say that I knew were i was posting because the scripts implementation is put into mind.. ? lol?
Anyway, I just copied and pasted my script into scar tags..
Im not sure what ur saying but maybe im just being dumb..
?

TViYH
11-20-2008, 12:40 AM
Alright thanks. Im gonna have to read up on some radialwalk tutorials then because im not too fimiliar with that topic.. Then im gonna go for member status. Does the scripts length have anything to do with it qualifying for members, or is it the quality they are looking for?

Still confident you meant to post it here.

But, oh well.

Have fun making your script :)

Andyz55
11-25-2008, 10:48 PM
? Lol. Anyway the post that i posted originally WAS a script in scar tags.. It was asking for help with radialwalk but I quickly edited it into a more proper post for this thread after realizing that it wasnt supposed to be here.
The post you now see as my first post on this thread WAS ment to be there, but it was just edited. Mark was talking about the script that I posted.. not the new post. Either way, I dont know wtf Im doing explaining that because it seems pointless to get all hung up on it lol.
Thanks for the good luck tho lol, I have a SMART script that cuts willows and drops them.

-Andy

scotchtape51
12-15-2008, 11:35 PM
ya a while ago when i first used scar ver 2.12(i think) i was freaked out casue i had scar b4 and it wasnt a virus, but i still knew it wasnt.
it is not a good idea to have more than one virus scanner because they can interfere with other virus scanners and such.

scotchtape51
12-15-2008, 11:36 PM
Thanks Hobbit, I hope they will finely don't beg or just buy(download) another virus scanner :)

ALSO THESE ALERTS ARE HEURISTICS!

What are HEURISTICS?

r3dr4g0n
12-15-2008, 11:44 PM
What are HEURISTICS?

an adjective for methods that help in solving problems which in turn leads to learning and discovery.

Direct from wikipedia! :p

[-jesus-]
12-16-2008, 02:08 AM
an adjective for methods that help in solving problems which in turn leads to learning and discovery.

Direct from wikipedia! :p

Incorrect, this is the one you should be looking at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heuristic_analysis

Guru Jake
02-23-2009, 12:39 AM
So the old SCSS will be removed when the next, and final, release of the color picking version of SCAR comes out. If you want the new SCSS go to the link in the quote.

Cheers,
SRL-Forums Staff.

Do you have an approximate date on when the new color picking version of SCAR will be coming out? My comp kept saying it had a virus but i never even put together that it thought it was SCAR :duh:

Hobbit
02-23-2009, 02:46 AM
It may not be SCAR because SCSS has already been removed... awhile ago...

... so you probably do have some other virus

Griff
03-01-2009, 03:15 AM
:) good thing my virus scan isn't mentally retarded

neeger
03-01-2009, 10:49 AM
But you cant never be 100% sure...
The programs themselves are clean but the script might steal your passwords :S

lewiss
06-16-2009, 09:45 AM
but you can always scan the script for mallicious coding...

iamabdul
06-22-2009, 05:11 AM
after looking and seeing this web iam looking forward for scare :):):):):)

speed_d
08-13-2009, 10:52 AM
oh dang sorry. i applied with the wrong idea before i saw this thread.

Phran6
08-13-2009, 10:57 AM
1 year gravedig lol

TRiLeZ
08-13-2009, 11:03 AM
You do know that you cant grave dig stickies? lol

speed_d
08-13-2009, 12:23 PM
1 year gravedig lol

its a stickie. they're always at the top so its not gravedigging...

TRiLeZ
08-13-2009, 12:58 PM
its a stickie. they're always at the top so its not gravedigging...

I just mentioned that! You dont need to repeat things people say. You only need 10 posts to become a junior srl member..

cycrosism
08-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Yeah it's not really a big deal if you post on a sticky from ages ago, because they are always ontop yeah.

Oh and if you are applying for members just include DDTM/TPA and an auto colour function with radial walk then you will get in. Have a script thats over 500 lines and a good attitude and you're in

speed_d
08-13-2009, 09:57 PM
I just mentioned that! You dont need to repeat things people say. You only need 10 posts to become a junior srl member..

I realize that, I was just defending myself.

ZephyrsFury
08-24-2009, 06:05 PM
An Introduction to SCAR/SRL/SMART

Good day all new and eager autoers. Welcome to SRL-Forums, home of the the SRL Resource Library.

This guide should briefly explain what SCAR, SRL and SMART are: what they do, what the differences between them are and how to obtain each along with links to other more specific and thorough sources of information.

Before we start I should mention the SRL Wiki (http://www.villavu.com/wiki/) is often a good source of general information about SCAR/SRL/SRL-Forums. It may be advantageous to have a read of a few articles.

There is also quite a bit of information available as guides and tutorials in the SRL Tutorial Island (http://www.villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28). More specifically you should look at the How To Auto (http://www.villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98) guides for information about how to auto.

If the wiki and the tutorials alone cannot help you the Search (http://www.villavu.com/forum/search.php) feature will often point you to other sources of information and FAQs.

So lets get started....

SCAR

SCAR is a compiler specifically designed for autoing repetitive computer tasks. It has also been used for other things such as creating games, and useful applications like a word processor and calculator. With SCAR, you have the tools at your disposal to accomplish many tasks with minimal effort. We have been using SCAR to auto Runescape (for the most part, undetected by Jagex) for over 5 years now.

SCAR is not the all-in-one bot that does everything in one package. It simply is a PascalScript intepreter that does what you tell it to do using a Pascal programming language. Combined with SRL/SMART and user scripts, SCAR is one of the most popular and safest autoing programs available for Runescape.

How can I get SCAR?

SCAR can be obtained by downloading it from Freddy's website (http://www.freddy1990.com). Freddy is the current developer of SCAR.

For more information on setting up SCAR check out the wiki article (http://www.villavu.com/wiki/index.php/Setting_up_SCAR). There is also a large amount of information available in the SRL FAQ (http://www.villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62) forum and the How To Auto (http://www.villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98) tutorials forums.

How can I start autoing with SCAR?

There are many SCAR scripts for Runescape autoing that can be found here (http://www.villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=164). As you become more active in the forums (and possibly learn to script yourself), you can unlock more great scripts by becoming a Jr. member and an SRL member. Before you start your autoing, you are going to need to download one more thing...

SRL

SRL is an include for SCAR that is was mainly designed for autoing in Runescape. It contains much needed code for staying undetected by Jagex. All commands in SRL are very human like, using randomness with typing, mouse movement, and mouse clicking. SRL started out when Kaitnieks (SCAR's creator) stopped developing SCAR and closed down the main site. WT-Fakawi and others from Kaitnieks began developing the ultimate include. SRL used to stand for Scar Resource Library, but now stands for SRL Resource Library.

What is an SRL repository?

Since Runescape is an ever changing game, SRL can break from Runescape updates. When this happens, SRL developers and other scripters get to work to fix it. Because the include needs constant updating, SRL is not just a one time download. You are going to want to update your SRL whenever a new revision is released. The best way to keep people constantly updated is through using a repository. A repository is a convenient way to keep a group of people updated on a group of files. However, there are two different SRL repositories, each with their own purpose.

Why are there two different SRL repositories?

There are two different SRL repositories to choose from: public and developers. The public repository is the most stable option because each revision is tested thoroughly before release. This also means that updates may not be as frequent as we would like them to be. The developers repository is revised by the most experienced coders on the forums (SRL developers). SRL developers will update directly to this repository before the revision has been thoroughly tested. Therefore, this revision may contain some bugs and compiling errors for the scripter to work out, but has faster and more frequent updates.

So how do I download either SRL repository?

There are several methods of downloading either SRL repository. It would be quite hard to detail each of them in this thread so you need to read the Installing and Setting up SRL wiki article (http://www.villavu.com/wiki/index.php/Installing_and_Setting_up_SRL). More information is also avaliable in the How To Auto (http://www.villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98) tutorials forums.

SMART

Since SCAR uses your mouse and keyboard by default, it leaves your computer pretty much unusable while autoing. That's where SMART comes in. SMART stands for Scar Minimizing Autoing Resource Thing, and was created by Benland100. SMART has it's own mouse (a red dot) that allows SCAR to function the same, only it can be be minimized. This allows you to do other tasks on your computer while autoing, and even run multiple SCAR's at once!

How can I get SMART?

If you have successfully downloaded SCAR and SRL, then you have SMART. SMART is your SRL folder under plugins.

How can I use SMART?

If you are using other people's scripts, then it is likely that the script is already SMART. If you are making your own script or the script you want to use does not already use SMART, then:

1)open up the script in SCAR.

2)Look for:

{.include SRL/SRL.scar}

Near the top of the script.

3) Right above that line, put:

{.include SRL/SRL/Misc/Smart.scar}

So it should look like:

{.include SRL/SRL.scar}

That's it! The script should now open up SMART when you run it. You do not need to drag the cross hairs over it or do anything else.

For further information on adding SMART to a script read the article: How To Make Any Script a SMART Script (http://www.villavu.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_make_any_Script_a_S.M.A.R.T_Script)

Well thats all for now,
Thanks to JAD for writing the large part of this guide.
If anyone has any suggestions feel free to post, PM a mod/admin. Feel free to modify the wiki articles in anyway you think will improve them. No abuse though... any abuse will be logged and dealt with.

Thanks,
SRL Staff, SRL Developers and the SRL Community

tico2
08-24-2009, 06:09 PM
A nice all in one basic guide. It's good that it has lots of links to other guides and the SRL wiki.

Great job Zeph and JAD! :)

ShowerThoughts
08-24-2009, 06:29 PM
'SCAR is a compiler' is this correct, I thought it was a interpreter?

Good job ;).

Nava2
08-24-2009, 08:51 PM
Scar is an interpreter which uses to Open Source project PascalScript as a compiler.

Nicely done Zeph :)

Runescapian321
08-24-2009, 09:01 PM
Nice work, Zeph and JAD!

SCAR is one of the most popular and safest autoing programs available for Runescape.

*cough* Wouldn't hurt to try to become the most popular :p *cough*

Smarter Child
08-25-2009, 05:43 AM
Nice work, Zeph and JAD!

Agreed, nice tutorial Zeph.

we need more *cough* leechers too.

:p

cycrosism
08-25-2009, 05:47 AM
cool story bro

s/story/tutorial/

ZephyrsFury
08-25-2009, 04:37 PM
It was mostly JAD, thank him for it. :)

Boreas
08-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Thank you Zeph and JAD.

Nice work, Zeph and JAD!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2204/orlysauronqm6.th.jpg (http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=orlysauronqm6.jpg)http://img525.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

Hairy Pomegranate
09-03-2009, 08:58 AM
thanks for making this... it explains a lot. now to get to learning the language muwahahahaha

l 3 3 t6
09-16-2009, 03:37 AM
This thing is confusing to some1 with no comp knowledge lol

Main
09-16-2009, 01:58 PM
We should make a new rule, no trivial post for Leechers and Regiester member :norris:
Their post should only be proggy or constructive-posts...ish.

Sabzi
09-16-2009, 10:43 PM
We should make a new rule, no trivial post for Leechers and Regiester member :norris:
Their post should only be proggy or constructive-posts...ish.

We got that rule to be exact. It's called no spamming.

Main
09-17-2009, 01:16 PM
This is spamming

asdlgasd

This is trivial post

OMG I dunno this scar thing. THIS THING IS SOO HARD
:sasmokin:

Sabzi
09-17-2009, 02:36 PM
This is spamming

This is trivial post

:sasmokin:

It's spamming in my eyes. They maybe true but registered users just says that to have 10+ posts => spamming.
It's just my view, though.

tofurocks
10-17-2009, 01:28 AM
Cool. SCAR is such srs.biz.
Since RSBot is stupid and iBot is expensive, this shall be my new home for a while.
Apparently I joined August 2008, and this is my first post. Took a while.

AwesomeSRL
10-17-2009, 07:37 PM
An Introduction to SCAR/SRL/SMART

Good day all new and eager autoers. Welcome to SRL-Forums, home of the the SRL Resource Library.

This guide should briefly explain what SCAR, SRL and SMART are: what they do, what the differences between them are and how to obtain each along with links to other more specific and thorough sources of information.

Before we start I should mention the SRL Wiki (http://www.villavu.com/wiki/) is often a good source of general information about SCAR/SRL/SRL-Forums. It may be advantageous to have a read of a few articles.

There is also quite a bit of information available as guides and tutorials in the SRL Tutorial Island (http://www.villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28). More specifically you should look at the How To Auto (http://www.villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98) guides for information about how to auto.

If the wiki and the tutorials alone cannot help you the Search (http://www.villavu.com/forum/search.php) feature will often point you to other sources of information and FAQs.

So lets get started....

SCAR

SCAR is a compiler specifically designed for autoing repetitive computer tasks. It has also been used for other things such as creating games, and useful applications like a word processor and calculator. With SCAR, you have the tools at your disposal to accomplish many tasks with minimal effort. We have been using SCAR to auto Runescape (for the most part, undetected by Jagex) for over 5 years now.

SCAR is not the all-in-one bot that does everything in one package. It simply is a PascalScript intepreter that does what you tell it to do using a Pascal programming language. Combined with SRL/SMART and user scripts, SCAR is one of the most popular and safest autoing programs available for Runescape.

How can I get SCAR?

SCAR can be obtained by downloading it from Freddy's website (http://www.freddy1990.com). Freddy is the current developer of SCAR.

For more information on setting up SCAR check out the wiki article (http://www.villavu.com/wiki/index.php/Setting_up_SCAR). There is also a large amount of information available in the SRL FAQ (http://www.villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62) forum and the How To Auto (http://www.villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98) tutorials forums.

How can I start autoing with SCAR?

There are many SCAR scripts for Runescape autoing that can be found here (http://www.villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=164). As you become more active in the forums (and possibly learn to script yourself), you can unlock more great scripts by becoming a Jr. member and an SRL member. Before you start your autoing, you are going to need to download one more thing...

SRL

SRL is an include for SCAR that is was mainly designed for autoing in Runescape. It contains much needed code for staying undetected by Jagex. All commands in SRL are very human like, using randomness with typing, mouse movement, and mouse clicking. SRL started out when Kaitnieks (SCAR's creator) stopped developing SCAR and closed down the main site. WT-Fakawi and others from Kaitnieks began developing the ultimate include. SRL used to stand for Scar Resource Library, but now stands for SRL Resource Library.

What is an SRL repository?

Since Runescape is an ever changing game, SRL can break from Runescape updates. When this happens, SRL developers and other scripters get to work to fix it. Because the include needs constant updating, SRL is not just a one time download. You are going to want to update your SRL whenever a new revision is released. The best way to keep people constantly updated is through using a repository. A repository is a convenient way to keep a group of people updated on a group of files. However, there are two different SRL repositories, each with their own purpose.

Why are there two different SRL repositories?

There are two different SRL repositories to choose from: public and developers. The public repository is the most stable option because each revision is tested thoroughly before release. This also means that updates may not be as frequent as we would like them to be. The developers repository is revised by the most experienced coders on the forums (SRL developers). SRL developers will update directly to this repository before the revision has been thoroughly tested. Therefore, this revision may contain some bugs and compiling errors for the scripter to work out, but has faster and more frequent updates.

So how do I download either SRL repository?

There are several methods of downloading either SRL repository. It would be quite hard to detail each of them in this thread so you need to read the Installing and Setting up SRL wiki article (http://www.villavu.com/wiki/index.php/Installing_and_Setting_up_SRL). More information is also avaliable in the How To Auto (http://www.villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98) tutorials forums.

SMART

Since SCAR uses your mouse and keyboard by default, it leaves your computer pretty much unusable while autoing. That's where SMART comes in. SMART stands for Scar Minimizing Autoing Resource Thing, and was created by Benland100. SMART has it's own mouse (a red dot) that allows SCAR to function the same, only it can be be minimized. This allows you to do other tasks on your computer while autoing, and even run multiple SCAR's at once!

How can I get SMART?

If you have successfully downloaded SCAR and SRL, then you have SMART. SMART is your SRL folder under plugins.

How can I use SMART?

If you are using other people's scripts, then it is likely that the script is already SMART. If you are making your own script or the script you want to use does not already use SMART, then:

1)open up the script in SCAR.

2)Look for:

{.include SRL/SRL.scar}

Near the top of the script.

3) Right above that line, put:

So it should look like:

{.include SRL/SRL.scar}

This really cleared a few issue I was having with my scripts. They involved mainly just having the "{.include ____}" mixed up and failed to be placed in the correct order.

Thanks man for this awesome thread, very useful as an introduction ;)

chook
12-03-2009, 03:43 PM
So i cant become a SRL member if i cant script?
I have tried script and failed..

FEAR
12-03-2009, 03:49 PM
So i cant become a SRL member if i cant script?
I have tried script and failed..

Its not that hard. Ask some people for help, add their msn. Don't give up because you are stuck at some parts...Start with something simple. Don't give up :)

chook
12-03-2009, 05:58 PM
I dont usually give up.. its just im finding it really tuff to understand :(

FEAR
12-03-2009, 07:30 PM
I dont usually give up.. its just im finding it really tuff to understand :(

PM a SRL member and ask for help. Add them in msn and they will guide you :)

pini3000
06-03-2010, 09:20 AM
:) good thing my virus scan isn't mentally retarded

I know this is old, but thought I might mention that 15 av's are retarded

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/e215072f71ec5f783415deddbb4d3918f317025e9eac596ab4 ca2fb8bd0cf920-1275556511

Jethr0x
06-05-2010, 10:29 PM
They aren't retarded... it's how those programs operate. -.-

eska
03-12-2012, 07:41 AM
Maybe I should apply.

I'm making a monkey knife fighther thiever because there wasn't any in the public script and I want 99 thieving faster than 80k xp hour...

Right now my script gives 210k-240k xp per hour at 90-95 thieving.
-Done
-Partialy done/being worked on
-To do

- Monkey detection using DTMs
- Relevant item detection using DTMs
- Punch
- Pickpocket twice
- Detect when the player is stunned.
- AntiBan.
- AntiRandoms.
- Eat or drop lobster randomly (eat more often)
- Drop worthless scimitar randomly. (Mithril, adamant)
- On screen progress report. (Total xp, xp/hour)
- Sound alarm when stuck somewhere for too long, log out after some time if the problem isn't fixed by the user
- Lots of comments
- Standards

- Fail safe (Never enough)
- Some more optimisation (see above)
- Make the code a bit cleaner/easier to understand (see above)

- Auto safe spot monkey
- Escaping the prison using RadialWalking and Dynamic DTMs as a fail safe
- Summoning support
- Alch support (maybe)
- Banking (Probably not going to do that)

Caotom
03-12-2012, 07:57 AM
Maybe I should apply.

I'm making a monkey knife fighther thiever because there wasn't any in the public script and I want 99 thieving faster than 80k xp hour...

Right now my script gives 210k-240k xp per hour at 90-95 thieving.
-Done
-Partialy done/being worked on
-To do

- Monkey detection using DTMs
- Relevant item detection using DTMs
- Punch
- Pickpocket twice
- Detect when the player is stunned.
- AntiBan.
- Eat or drop lobster randomly (eat more often)
- Drop worthless scimitar randomly. (Mithril, adamant)
- On screen progress report. (Total xp, xp/hour)
- Detect randoms
- Sound alarm when stuck somewhere for too long, log out after some time if the problem isn't fixed by the user
- Lots of comments

- Fail safe (Never enough)
- Some more optimisation (see above)
- Make the code a bit cleaner/easier to understand (see above)

- Auto safe spot monkey
- Escaping the prison using RadialWalking or Dynamic DTMs
- AntiRandoms
- Summoning support
- Alch support (maybe)
- Banking (Probably not going to do that)

Holy Grave dig Batman!
Looks rather good but I'd consider finishing the yellow items and adding something to do with walking (in ore to prove that you can do it successfully).

~Caotom

masterBB
03-12-2012, 08:13 AM
It's not really a grave dig ;).

I do not suggest applying for srl members. As it is a community rank, we require everyone that applies to be active on this forum. I doubt you will get in with only five posts.

Er1k
03-12-2012, 03:18 PM
It's not really a grave dig ;).

I do not suggest applying for srl members. As it is a community rank, we require everyone that applies to be active on this forum. I doubt you will get in with only five posts.

This. Members application now requires a decent level of community participation. Yeah you can be some impressive scripter, but without the activity you are not going to earn this community rank as said.

eska
03-12-2012, 08:31 PM
EDIT: Duplicate post, see next page.

Kyle Undefined
03-12-2012, 08:40 PM
To be honest, most people won't vote yes since you're still new here.

eska
03-12-2012, 09:13 PM
EDIT: Sorry for the double post, I closed my page and forgot I already replied.

This isn't grave dig, this thread is sticky lol.

Also I wasn't going to apply with only 5 post. I was just saying that I probably have what it takes to become a member. I'll apply in a few weeks when I have much more activity and when this script (all the orange and red things) are done and flawless.

Might take some time though because first I need to make a mahogany table flatpack maker before bonus xp weekend, then I'll think about finishing MonkeyKnifeFighterThiever.

Until I make this script public here's a screenshot of the script in action:
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5060/monkeyknifefighterthiev.jpg