PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Noob Tutorial!

Bego
07-02-2006, 09:17 PM
I dug this tutorial up that I wrote a long time ago, and it got lots of attention, because when I started SCAR, I had absolutely no previous programming experience, and I had to have tutors to learn because their was next to no tutorials for SCAR and the ones that their were didn't talk like I had no idea what a variable is, they expect you to know what everything means. I made this for COMPLETE noobs, like 12 year old people with no previous programming experience and alot of people learnt from this.

Of course, under those circumstances, within 2 months I could make a flawless shitty script, I'm a fast learner, but regardless, here is the tutorial. (This doesn't go in depth like Rs Monkeys but reading this, then his, would probably make a PERFECT combination, his doesn't explain everything and talk to you, it talks to himself and says things that are above people who have never seen or tried programming!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.freewebs.com/scriptingtut/

In this tutorial you should learn all the basics in scripting, this took a while to make and is Copyright© Bego. Everytime it talks about something new it will be seperated by ----, === is a whole new catagory. When I put things that make no sense, like color it means they are that thing, (ex. color means you put the color there)

------------------------

Syntax

Ok, to start off, to make a script, you would make a name, right? The name HAS to have no spaces, so if you open up scar, you will most likely see this:

http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/717/beginscar0xb.png

Where it says program New;, you should make it say something relevent to what your doing, so if your making an autominer, go like this:

Program Autominer;

It has to have a semicolon after it, or else you will get an error. Moving on.

-------------------------------------

Includes

There are many different includes for SCAR, some of which are very helpful, such as Si.scar, and Squig.txt. Go to File > Download Includes and get all of them. Read through a couple of them, they will be in your includes folder which is most likely in C:\Program Files\SCAR 2.03\Includes. As you read through them you might notice things like:

Function GetStat(stat : String; top : Boolean) : Integer;

Don't let how complicated that looks fool you, its actually very simple. See the Function is nothing, it just tells SCAR what that is, in this case its a function. The Getstat is what you need to worry about. Theres most likely instructions on what each function/procedure does and how to use them. With Getstat this is what it says:

{^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ GETSTAT ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^}
{Opens the stat panel If needed. The variable stat is the name Of the
stat your wanting To retrieve And If top is true it will get the current
stat, If its false it will get the max stat}
{^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^}

Function GetStat(stat : String; top : Boolean) : Integer;

Followed by a BUNCH of code (Thats a function in Squig.txt). All you would have to say in YOUR script would be something like this:

Getstat(<the stats name>, true)

And that will get the current number of the stat you specified.

In other things, their called PROCEDURES. While looking through an include you might find a procedure something like this for example:

{^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ OPENSTATS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^}
{Opens the stat panel}
{^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^}

Procedure OpenStats;

Thats simple. In your main script just type OpenStats; and that would open the stats tab if you were using this particular include.

Ok, I have explained to you just now what includes do and how to understand them, but right now I will teach you how to include them in your script. Its simple actually, right under your program Autominer; or whatever it is, put this:

{.include <include name>} (ex. {.include Si.scar} )

Simple right? Moving on.

------------------------------

Variables

The next thing you would have to do is declare the variables you are going to use. I know that sounds confusing, but I just made it sound like that for now. I will explain it. Variables like x and y hold numbers, and such. Example:

Findcolor(x,y,<color>,coordinates)

The x and y in there will save the coordinates of where it found the color.

You declare variables like this:

Var x,y

But thats not all. You can declare certain variables as Booleans, Strings, or Integers. Booleans meaning true or false. Strings meaning words. Integers meaning things like x and y.

To declare x and y as Integers you would have to go like this:

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/592/var5fj.png

And that would declare them as integers. You put all that under your include. Moving on.

----------------------

Constants

Constants do not NEED to be used, but they are good for giving the user of the script flexability on what they are doing. Constants are things that stay the same throughout the whole script. A scripter might do something like this:

http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/5893/const3dh.png

You get colors by using the dibber in scar and putting it on the color and clicking, that should give you a bunch of numbers in the debug box below the main script.

You declare Constants by going like this:

Const

And to add things to the Const you would make things related to your script like this:

MonsterColor=453344;

You have to have a = and then the value (number, string, boolean) and then a semicolon. Why is this useful in a script you ask? For a user to put in the color of the monster, it would change the value in the big script itself, example:

Findcolor(x,y,MonsterColor,<coordinates>)

Moving on.

-------------------

Procedures

In your script you have to name your procedures to something relevant to what your doing. Since you've got your script set up up there, you now need to start scripting the actual script. This is what you do:

Procedure name; (ex. Procedure mine; )
Begin

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/593/proc7ka.png

It has to have a semicolon, and after the procedure name, you have to have a Begin because that will tell the script that the procedure will then begin.

A procedure always has to end with this:

End;

The semicolon tells the script that your ending the PROCEDURE.

Moving on.

-----------------------

Making The Script Do What You Want

There are THOUSANDS of things that you can do, I will only name a couple basic things.

FINDCOLOR

Findcolor(x,y,color,cords,cords,cords,cords)

This is how that works. You put Findcolor(x,y, in your script, the x,y will save the coordinates of where it found the color, then the color of the thing your looking for, then you put coordinates searching in a box, so you would put top left corner coordinates, then bottom right, and that would search in a box. You get coordinates by using the dibber in SCAR then dragging it to the place and left clicking. That will come up with 2 three to one digit numbers. YOU HAVE TO ALWAYS HAVE THE SCREEN TARGETTED BY DRAGGING THE CROSSHAIRS TO THE RS SCREEN TO GET COORDINATES.

Example:

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/3146/findcolor2qn.png

FINDCOLORSPIRAL

Findcolorspiral(x,y,color,cords,cords)

Thats a little bit different from Findcolor. It will search for the color from the coordinates you set outward until it finds it. Generally faster if your searching for something thats closer to the middle of the screen always.

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/509/findcolorspiral0eq.png

[u]FINDCOLORTOLERANCE

Findcolortolerance(x,y,color,cords,cords,cords,cor ds,tol)

Thats a little bit different from Findcolor, but exactly the same except theres tolerance. Tolerance when its referring to color is lets say theres a color (340) and there was a bunch of similar colors around it such as 350, you would put the tolerance to 10 and it would search for colors 340 + 10, but normally you would set the tolerance to around 30 or 40.

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/2196/findcolortolerance8lf.png

FINDCOLORSPIRALTOLERANCE

This uses FindColorSpiral but it has tolerance (read Findcolortolerance).

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/336/findcolorspiraltolerance4gt.png

!!PROCEDURES FROM INCLUDES!!

MOUSEC

MouseC(x,y,1) -FROM SQUIG-

That will move the mouse human like to the coordinates you set. You can use x,y after you do a findcolor, for example:

Findcolor(STUFF)
MouseC(x,y,1)

That will click on the color. 1 is left click, 2 is right click, 0 is no click, meaning it will just move the mouse.

GAMETAB

Gametab(tab number) -FROM SI-

Will click on the specified gametab:

Gametab(4) = Inventory
Gametab(5) = Next
Ect.

CLICKTEXT

ClickText('text',cords,cords,cords,cords) -FROM SQUIG-

That will search for the text you put in on the RS screen in the coordinates you set then click on it. The coordinates are in a box. (See Findcolor) The text is CASE SENSITIVE.

MUCH MORE!

There are thousands of procedures, but I won't name them all, you will have to figure them out yourselves, by looking through the includes and in SCAR help.

Moving on.

---------------

The Different Types Of Ends

There are 3 different types of Ends, but only 1 type of Begin, weird eh?

End - Will end a begin in the middle of a procedure, for example (If (blah) Then Begin)
End; - Will end a procedure.
End. - Will end the script altogether.

Your ends always have to add up to how many begins you put.

Moving on.

-------------

The Main Loop

This is where you tell your script what exactly to do.

To start the main loop you don't need a procedure name, all you need is a Begin.

After all your procedures are done and your script does what you want, you need to put this:

Begin
main loop
End.

Your main loop can consist of ANYTHING. For example, if you were going to run Squig, you would have to put SetupSquig; in your main loop before anything else. Also if you wanted to repeat your procedures until a certain time you would do something like this:

Begin
Repeat
procedures
a:=a+1
Until(a=number or constant)
End.

Sounds complicated? Its really not! This is what that up there would do. It would repeat the procedures you named, and everytime it repeated all of them, it will add an 'a', and it would keep repeating UNTIL a= a number or a constant. Remember when I taught you wayyy up at the top about constants? Well yoiu could put something like LoadsToDo=2; in your const, and everytime it repeated the procedure, it would add an 'a', then when a=LoadsToDo, you can make it do what you want. But of course, if you used A, you would need to declare A as a variable (see Variables).

In most of my scripts, after a= whatever, I use a procedure in most includes called Logout;, that would log your character out of RuneScape. Then I do something like this:

Writeln('Loads to do reached, logged out')
End.

That would say the text in the dialogue box so the user knows whats going on and End. would end the script completely, once and for all.

So a pretty good main loop would look like this:

Begin
Repeat
procedures
a:=a+1
Until(a=loadstodo)
Logout;
Writeln('Loads to do done, logged out')
End.

Moving on.

----------------

Common Errors

Since I have taught you alot about scripting so far, you should hopefully know how to script. Now I will help you with some common frustrating errors of scripting.

Duplicate Identifier

That means that there is two of the same kind of variables. You are most likely using an include that already has the variables that you declared, just removed the duplicate variable from your script.

Invalid Parameters

You didn't make the procedure right. For example, MouseC, you need to go Mousec(x,y,1) but you only put MouseC(x,y), thats invalid.

BEGIN Expected In Script

Your missing a begin, most likely after your procedure name.

Period '.' Expected In Script

You are missing a period, most likely at the end of your script.

Runtime Error

You don't have an updated version of the include, or you didn't set up the include like your supposed to.

------------------

Statements

There are lots of things in SCAR that help tell about them. One of them is statements. Statements are things like and, if, else, then, is, not, to, or, and until.

Until would help you wait until whatever, if (something) then is what if and then is used for. Or is used for like lets say you wanted to find 2 colors, it can be findcolor and/or, also else means everything else, is means is it there, or something like that, and not means like not there.

================================================== ==============

Making The Script

In this TOTALLY new catagory, I will teach you actually how to make the script using an example. Hopefully by now you will know how to script, well now you will learn how to implement what you know in a script.

Getting started, ok, well you should already know how to script, open up SCAR, and delete everything thats in there. You done? Good. Now the first thing you should know is you have to make a program name first, right? We will be making a simple Autominer. So type something like this in SCAR:

Program Autominer;

Ok, now lets move on to the next part of scripting.

You will need to use an include, we will be using Si.scar in this script. You better know how to do this, if you don't, this is what you do:

{.include Si.scar}

Your whole script should now look like this:

Program Autominer;
{.include Si.scar}

If it isn't, change it. Moving on.

We will be using the variables x,y in this script, for Findcolor, so please hit enter twice after the include and type this:

Var x,y : Integer;

That will declare x and y as integer variables (I know, when I was first learning about variables I got lost, it takes a bit of practice). Your whole script should now look like this:

Program Autominer;
{.include Si.scar}

If it doesn't, change it.

Moving on, we will now be actually telling the script what to do in procedures.

We are making a procedure that will mine the rock, simple right? Of course it is. This procedure is going to contain alot of what you learned, so pay attention. Press enter twice after the variables and type this:

Procedure minerocks;
Begin

Your whole script should now look something like this:

Program Autominer;
{.include Si.scar}

Procedure minerocks;
Begin

The Begin after the procedure will tell SCAR that the procedure has begun.

Now we will get to REALLY telling SCAR what to do, this will start using actual procedures from Si.scar and built in ones in SCAR.

Under the begin, we will type this:

Findcolor(x,y,54323,5,5,515,340)
Mouse(x,y,1,1,true)

Don't worry, I'm not gonna lose you, I just decided to take two steps ahead this time. This is an explanation of what that does: The Findcolor will find the color (the numbers that I put after the x,y NOTE: That is not a real color) of the rock, and the 5,5 is the top left corner of the main screen and the 515 340 is in the bottom right, making the script search in a box for the color.

Mouse (PROCEDURE OF SI) will move the mouse to the color like a human, then left click. See, on Findcolor we have an x,y, that will save the coordinates that the script found the color of to them, then Mouse(x,y will move the mouse to the coordinates whereever they are. The 1,1 in Mouse is tolerance, that will either subtract 1 or +1 coordinate to the x,y for randomness, you can put this higher. The true means left click, false would make it right click.

This is what your whole PROCEDURE should look like:

Procedure minerocks;
Begin
Mouse(x,y,1,1,true)

Change it if it doesn't. Moving on to the next part.

Now under mouse, you will want it to wait while your mining the rock, right? I never have showed you this, but theres a function built in SCAR that allows you to set a wait time in MILLISECONDS. So right under the Mouse put this:

Wait(5000)

That will make the script wait for 5 seconds while you mine the rock. There are more accurate and better ways of actually knowing how to make the script know when the rocks gone, but since your most likely a newbie, I won't say.

Your whole procedure should now look like this:

Procedure minerocks;
Begin
Mouse(x,y,1,1,true)
Wait(5000)

Good, now you've got a functional autominer, now end this procedure.

That should mine the rocks until you got a full load and then keep going, to make it do something else you would have to add more, but that uses alot of what you know.

Your whole script should now look like this:

Program Powerminer;
{.include Si.scar}

Procedure minerocks;
Begin
if(Findcolor(x,y,54323,5,5,515,340))then
begin
Mouse(x,y,1,1,true)
Wait(5000)
end;
End;

When using procedures that return a value, such as true, you should always use if and then statements!

That won't work as it doesn't have a main loop, but you should know how to add one.

Theres my tutorial, the rest is just information.

-----------------------

Links

http://www.fagex.net/ - Cheating community
http://www.sythe.org/ - Cheating community
http://www.kaitnieks.com/ - Cheating community/the creator of SCAR's website
http://www.dylock.net/scar/ - Official SCAR download site

----------------

Contact Me

AIM: begomyego
YIM: claytan2003
--------------

This guide was created by the scripter Bego of Fagex, Sythe, and many other cheating communities.

This is CopyRight© and any distribution of this guide without credits given to me I will take action. You may not edit/alter anything in this guide.

Infantry001
07-02-2006, 09:39 PM
good guide! very detailed, great for noobs like me :p

WhiteShadow
07-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Nice, this will help alot of people! (: I like the pictures.

QQu
07-03-2006, 12:23 AM
Well Done Bego ;)

Good Contribution :)

Brown
07-03-2006, 01:24 AM
Great tut :).

However the webstie background is a bit annoying with all of the bulldozers :p.

l33t master
09-19-2006, 03:33 AM
nice to see a familiar face here :)

great guide bego! I learned a whole lot

ilikegrapesoda72
09-24-2006, 05:15 AM
I learned so much about SCAR from reading this, now onto more andvanced tuts YAY! =D

oliver1205
10-03-2006, 12:39 AM
very nice guide, it taught me alot about scar. one suggestion is to add a section about how to put a script together.

bbri06
10-10-2006, 12:24 AM
awesome i learned tons

ppl k1ll3r
11-22-2006, 04:22 AM
Great TUT :D. Hoping to learn to script soon :)

Parad0x
11-23-2006, 03:30 AM
wowzer bowzers, pretty awesome dude! I think i might try and script a little more often now, you inspired me

Parad0x
11-23-2006, 03:32 AM
awesome tut dude..now maybe more people will learn to script..even thought i retired in RSC you kind of inspired me.

Mod Mopar
11-24-2006, 04:55 PM
I don't understand anything of it ... I allready readed Bebemycat2 's TUT on how to make a very first script, and i understand that fully :) But here, nothing =/ Can you also make an example of how to make a script with all these things? (Like in the Super-TUT of Bebemycat2 :tongue: )

twobac
12-19-2006, 09:46 AM
Very nice,

Cheers getting to grips with scripts now
;)

syberium
12-20-2006, 12:02 AM
Thank this tut is awsome! i learn more everyday! thanks!

Sparrows
12-20-2006, 09:03 AM
Great work!! Got me going.

Sparrows
12-20-2006, 10:48 AM
I tried running your script but it wouldn't compile all I got was:

[Error] (3419:1): Unexpected end of file

I assumed it was because your script doesn't end with 'End.' but it ends with two 'End;' So I figured the last one was suppose to be 'End.' and that you had made a small error but then I tried running it again and all I got was:

[Error] (3419:4): Semicolon (';') expected

So I guess it wants both the semicolon and the period.... lame.

I_Am_A_Chip
12-30-2006, 06:39 AM
Cool, but... (Sorry to ruin your 100% positive replies)
I think it would be more helpful if you had screenies of the whole current process after each step.
So from program New;
to end.

Good overall though, keep it up.

lilmatt
01-16-2007, 08:11 AM
Hey this is a brilliant tutorial. thanks alot it really helped me understand the set up for scar i'll be bookmarking for when i'm done reading and decide to try to code something.

shadow own
01-16-2007, 02:57 PM
thanks for the tut i will learn from it =)

pwnaz0r
01-18-2007, 03:59 AM
read this guide first dont know how to other guides are going to be but this one is pretty good thnx for the start

ammo2006
03-26-2007, 11:28 PM
NICE guide, I learned alot about scripting, but i dont really understand the colorspiral and toletrance, that whole section...

n3ss3s
04-05-2007, 07:32 PM
bego shut up :D
im young and my scripts arent cr@p.
whatever :D

wobbii
04-28-2007, 05:04 PM
nice guide man helped alot, keep it up.

halomod9
05-03-2007, 12:00 AM
awesome guide it taught me the basics of scripting

ThePrince
07-04-2007, 04:52 AM
ummm i got an error while trying to run it?

nah jk lol nice guide

whitenash
07-12-2007, 10:48 PM
I made this for COMPLETE noobs, like 12 year old people with no previous programming experience

This is me :p. I'll be learning 'cause of ya. Cool pictures!

~~BieBie
Hola, Hola playa

philowns
08-01-2007, 03:57 AM
I made this for COMPLETE noobs, like 12 year old people with no previous programming experience.

They must be some pretty smart 12 year olds..

Nice tutorial, though.

gothicly2
09-03-2007, 12:31 AM
Pretty good one I liked it and showed some skill in doing tuts and scripting!

Gama-Bomb
09-05-2007, 06:03 AM
One of my favourites. Refered to your guide if unsure while reading through other peoples. Thanks :)

red_hair_power
09-12-2007, 04:29 PM
nice tuto ill start scripting asap:D

krazyk56
09-14-2007, 11:59 PM
thanks, this is just what i needed

bevbev11
09-15-2007, 03:19 AM
cheers for that helped

busha5a5a5
09-21-2007, 11:31 PM
Good job!

Ormeon
09-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Whoa, that was much, but enough for me.. will be busy with it :D:garfield:

13lacknova
09-23-2007, 03:06 AM
Helps noobs like myself to understand all the technical jargon out there. Thanks man!:D

Scottjc16
09-23-2007, 09:32 PM
thanks am gona be using this for the next week or so(hopefully cause i dont like to spend too much time on stuff without seeing progress)

opeth dm
09-23-2007, 11:39 PM
Veryyy nice!

Sk8boardinggit
09-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Not bad. Ty.

Packo
10-03-2007, 07:06 PM
wow man, this is great tutorial, i know u worked very hard for these ,
then Thanks man for help, this's realy helpful guide\Tutorial.

:)

mark9510
10-08-2007, 07:28 PM
yay im a 12year old with no programming experience

Foxtrott_Foxtrott
10-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Wow, thanks alot for writing this. It helped me out very much. Thanks again for taking your time to do this. maybe if I get good ill contribute my scripts :D

gl3nni
10-18-2007, 08:21 PM
uhm. i dont really get a thing and i got 3.12 so w\e ill find one for me (im 13^^,)

gl3nni
10-18-2007, 08:22 PM
double post sorry

maywyue
10-25-2007, 09:04 AM
ty for the tut, but some how for duplicate identifier.. i cant seem to find the same thing on my script ! hw ?

luckynunn
10-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Very Nice tut! It helped me out alot.

spork985
10-30-2007, 02:19 PM
I am a noob and defiantly appreciate the easy to follow tutorials.
I hope to be making fully functional scripts soon :)

IronFenix
10-31-2007, 04:10 PM
Great tutorial helped me alot +rep!

God-Zool
11-02-2007, 12:48 PM
fair good job should help kick start some noobs that have no clue

vac33
11-06-2007, 06:19 AM
never mind i got it

xs_range
11-06-2007, 07:53 PM
nice, really helped me..

RobotGangsta
11-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Thanks, this helped a ton.

popoaoa
11-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Ya like the others it helped me alot.

(im a noob :( )

goth5988
11-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Wow this really helped me thank you! :D

Extracht
11-13-2007, 09:10 PM
What does MouseC means?

hellian46
11-15-2007, 12:00 AM
Nice tut.. it helped me out alot, just still some things I need to learn...

But very nice..

Matsetst
11-17-2007, 12:36 AM
Thanks for this tut!

leelguy
11-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Wow, was actually quite helpful. Thanks =)

ginger
11-18-2007, 05:57 PM
thanks, helped me a bunch

-Spartan-
11-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Great tutorial. Great start to what I hope will be an illustrious scripting career hehe. Thanks for the beginning :).

carloxjr
11-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Dammm this realy Helps a lot

wesleyxD
11-20-2007, 08:12 AM
Lol nice guide this will help me alot with scar scripting ;)

olivebj
11-20-2007, 08:32 AM
thanks didnt no how to use scar that well.

curiousgeorge322
11-20-2007, 09:57 PM
wow thanks that was really good! I think i'll try my first script soon!

lmjuice
11-21-2007, 05:58 AM
Wow, was actually quite helpful. Thanks =)

Agreed.

my-p-hat
11-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Omfg this tut ownz.. and it acaully.. explains evry lil thing thx man... ive seen tuts that dont even point this stuff :p

s p u r m
11-22-2007, 04:28 PM
wow this must have took a while to write thankyou for this
great for noobs such as myself

ree1111
11-23-2007, 07:15 AM
thanks helped me out alot

I_Pwn_U
11-23-2007, 12:35 PM
i am teh noob thanks heaps bego

Bego
11-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Wow, I just looked back on this forum for the first time in how long, like a year? I never even knew this got stickied, just read all the positive feedback, thanks a lot. Still helping people 2 years after I made it XD.

By the way, the test script in the tutorial wasn't supposed to really work, its just a procedure I believe, just showing you what it should look like in the middle of the process.

undrin
11-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Omg its the best ive seen, really something you can start learning from!:p

Womble
11-28-2007, 07:19 PM
wow this helped me loads! thanks:)

souppy
12-04-2007, 07:20 PM
ah, such a well put together tutorial. I used this. Thanks ;)

Rune0utMiner
12-05-2007, 05:54 AM
Thanks for the informative tutorial, i'm new to Scar, I am trying to learn this stuff,and this thread really put me on the right track.

Good job on explaining this ,so a beginner like me,will understand.

i lol i
12-09-2007, 01:23 PM
I personally can not script, ive tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and no luck...sort of sad though isnt it.

chewgun
12-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Thank you for this script.

I'm still a noob in scripting,and ALWAYS have errors.

But your script cleared things up a bit.
Well I just have less errors to deal with.

and WhoCares is right-neatness does help.

XoxofrogXoxo
12-10-2007, 03:57 PM
not bad. I was expecting something different. This tut goes into a great deal on the definitions. What the words mean and how they work. Great tut for n00bs!

Hitman543
12-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Thanks, sorted some things out for me =)

--Hitman

roytjuh01
12-13-2007, 03:13 PM
GREAT work finaly getting into the scripting stuff

XunTric
12-19-2007, 02:12 PM
I found this tutorial extremely useful, thanks a bunch! ;D

~~Amur~~
12-31-2007, 06:29 AM
awesome, rly helped me with the stuff i couldnt remember

Richard
12-31-2007, 11:29 AM
Thanks mate, this has helped me learn alot more about how to use SCAR

Thanks again

david2031
01-09-2008, 12:45 AM
thanks this really helped me to learn a little.
now i wrote my first scar script!:D

jobby
01-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Thanks a lot for this Tut!
Now I can Finally script (a bit):)

pizzownage
01-09-2008, 10:38 PM
omg amazing!!! this actually helped me make my first script!

thanks a lot for this

Relath
01-10-2008, 03:16 AM
Nice tut it helped me a looooooot with identifying the functions of all the commands. But there is no si.scar include, well at least for me, even if i download the includes. This needs to be updated. But despite all that this has been very helpful.

bobng
01-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Thanks for this! Super tutorial +++!

MasterOfStuff
01-17-2008, 04:41 PM
I feel stupid saying it, but I had no idea how colors worked. Now I know what they do and how to get them :D.

FagetHax0r
02-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Thanks u learned me A Bit To scripts many thanks:p :f:

autoerforlife
02-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Thank you i'm looking forward to make my own scripts that DO work ;)

realrocker00
02-16-2008, 12:56 AM
this makes no sense to me :(

Griff
02-19-2008, 01:09 AM
thanks for the tut it was a lil confusing but i leraned a lot

God of Draynor
02-19-2008, 01:49 AM
Thank you soooooo much. This is definite lifesaver. I can finally learn to script:D. i love the simplicity at which you explained yourself. thanks a million!!:)

wasapiguy2
02-22-2008, 04:06 PM
COOL!

I can read (some) programs now!

thanks!

fugly billy
02-23-2008, 07:09 PM
good tut... i just found out about scar and this helped me alot....

KoodiHirmu
02-28-2008, 04:38 PM
thanks for the tut, hopefully i'll learn something :D

SkyL1N3
03-09-2008, 03:28 AM
Thanks, I found this extremely useful for getting me started.

Great way to learn the basics :D

Rubenos
03-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Very nice tut, nice coding language, a whole lot diffrent then .NET.

I'll start playing soon with this new language (new for me though).

quiescent_87
03-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Very nice,

Cheers getting to grips with scripts now
;)

I agree, it's kinda confusing but I'm starting to get it.

Apples13
03-30-2008, 09:40 AM
thx XD i'm new here but these tutorials help:D

DeSnob
04-05-2008, 05:06 PM
GREAT TUT ill soon know how to script..a bit more but this is awesome

froogy20
04-07-2008, 07:57 AM
thats realy good thanks that will help me and noobs like me

IsrafelDarklight
04-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Dang, i hoped this kinda Scripting would be Easier o.O

Maybe i'll just stick to IRC Scripting for now, work my way up :P

Baked0420
04-07-2008, 08:58 PM
nice tutorial, I already read one before so I just scommed over it but it seemed like this one covered close to all the things I read already, maybe even some other things, I might read some more of it to see if I learn anything new.

maxwell1170
05-28-2008, 07:04 PM
lolz i still dont get it but ty for trying to help

spicynachos2
05-29-2008, 08:39 AM
this really will help me. scar is a little confusing and it takes a lot of time to figure these things out. this helps shorten this times. thankyou very much

Chanel
05-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Great guide!

musicalmacrocosm
05-31-2008, 12:52 AM
Beautiful tutorial, I knew nothing about scripting an hour ago and now I understand so much about it. Thank you!

Silent
07-16-2008, 04:44 PM
You really explained everything very well in this guide (despite the fact that the procedures are a little old, it still explains thinks like the FindColor very well. Thanks! :D

Jacko aw
07-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Thanks man, I'm one step closer in scripting my own :)

xurie
07-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Dear User,
Your post count has been reset on account of your mass of spam posts. Please take the time to read this thread before posting again.
http://www.srl-forums.com/forum/images/satellite/buttons/expand.gif http://www.srl-forums.com/forum/images/satellite/misc/sticky.gif http://www.srl-forums.com/forum/images/satellite/statusicon/lastupost.gif (http://www.srl-forums.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=lastupost&t=20056) Sticky: Attention Spammers and Leechers... (http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18341)
http://www.srl-forums.com/forum/images/satellite/rating/rating_5.gif RAM

Cheers,
Hobbit.

nice guide will learn from it :)

really nice guide this will help me alot :D

mime and maze are pretty annoying

i cutted yew and bought bs and crafted yew longs and sold em

I dont know what would i need to take all but one :S

oh my god i can play runescape only 4 years more!
nah i dont think that its gonna happen. World is gonna stay for couple of years more ;)

Well Runescape was 10x better when there was wildy and duel arena.

really nice guide!

pretty nice guide!

Hellou

livewrong811
08-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Awesome tutorial, I didn't get around to reading it yet, but just glancing at it showed me that it was great.

deadman2
08-04-2008, 03:46 AM
Brilliant. Thanks a bunch. It helped me out a lot.

paradox
08-04-2008, 03:49 AM
Gah!! I'm so retarded.... Maybe going over this a couple more times will help...

kaharis
08-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Great tutorial, I plan on starting working with SCAR today and possibly getting a script in the 'First Script' section by tomorrow

heliumbox
08-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Thank you this was very specific and gave great definitions and instructions on the different parts and procedures of the scripts, like you said made it seem like a 12 yr old could do it :duh:

0v3r74k3r
08-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Maybe it's just me but this tut isn't all that great.. as it says it doesn't go in depth details etc. + I'm sure its oldness has something to do with it but I didn't really learn much from the first time I read it.. after reading Unmatched Beginner's Guide to Scripting Scar by WhoCares357 I could understand this a littl better.

Meh maybe I'm just exceptionally stupid or something since everyone else seems to understand much better. Anyway just sharing my thoughts. :ThumbsUpSmilie:

jarbados
08-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Ohh thanks very much. Now i have enough info to start scripting :D

xgrimangel
08-13-2008, 06:05 PM
OMG this is gonna help me a bunch used to be leecher but now i wanna know how to script lol but Thanks for making this tut

AzulDrake
08-21-2008, 07:33 AM
Thanx for this tut Bego,

Every little bit helps atm :)

rbk_nightmare77
08-22-2008, 01:29 AM
i dont get all of it maybe you can help me sometime?

darkop
08-26-2008, 01:26 AM
looks good im going to read it now and favorite =P

thxs
++ Rep =D

Minkino
09-27-2008, 04:04 AM
Awesome tutorial loved it inspired and taught im now just gonna add to the script you taught with things like auto log in thanks heaps

Death12652
09-27-2008, 05:45 AM
Great tutorial don't know why I read it though I knew most of it but it was good refreshing my memorial been away for a while.

lolzter
09-27-2008, 08:55 AM
Great!

fuxnix
10-10-2008, 04:43 AM
gotta add this to favs i'll invest time to learn scripting and finnally become senior member

fantastic tutorial btw

in2it
10-10-2008, 11:08 PM
nice script really helpful

Arcadium
10-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Amazing Tut, i have been looking for exactly this, as you said many other tuts almost 'throw you in at the deep end' by introducing you to things that you have never seen before.

markkinen
10-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Nice tutorial, learned alot of it, thanks

lowell
10-14-2008, 11:00 AM
thanks it helps alot

ridwan23
10-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Thanks alot

Ill need to combine this with another tut though to learn alot

key keeper55
10-16-2008, 05:53 PM
omg thank u so much!!!!! this helped me alot

and btw u are right about other tuts.... but this one helped me so much
i made an auto woodcutter and banker
and i made a auto miner thank u so much

th3ko
10-17-2008, 08:47 PM
this is a very nice tutorial it may help me if i start scripting, thank you very much.

guitaristnck
10-22-2008, 02:18 AM
thank you so much for the time it must have taken you to put this together. ill be using this for much of my learning.

Deviant Ace
10-31-2008, 06:00 PM
Exellent Toutorial :D
Now scar isnt such a blur to me.
You've made a noob happy

{Im still a bit confused on Includes but i'll get through it}

RedSpree
10-31-2008, 07:30 PM
Great guide ! Finally I learned some stuff =)

SirPa
10-31-2008, 07:41 PM
AH thanks allot :)
Just what i needed ^^
Time to get back at scripting, has been a while (a year O_o)

snoker
11-04-2008, 07:54 AM
thx m8! ... just learned a bit of it , rofl
keep posting good stuff ;P

stranker1
11-04-2008, 01:20 PM
can't wait to start scripting, i wonder if i can make a lumby spinner

like, flaxing =P

aerofish
11-11-2008, 03:31 PM
great tut, learned so much.

thestooge
11-20-2008, 02:02 AM
thanks a lot this will surely help me on my scripting journey :D

T0xicblood
11-26-2008, 06:46 PM
Nice, tutorial really worth reading for beginners

crazy_crabko
12-04-2008, 03:21 PM
hey m8 thanks this has made me understand scar 100% better:spot:

monkeykg
12-13-2008, 06:20 AM
thanks this is a easy to understand tut and i hope ill soon be able to make some scripts

Laz3r11
12-18-2008, 04:18 AM
Sweet guide, helped me out alot.

anandacote
01-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Wow! This is actually very easy to understand. Thanks for your help.

HotLeatherPants
01-05-2009, 01:14 AM
This just makes it all that much easier for me XD, thanks!

Dropsy
01-15-2009, 12:54 AM
Really good Tut, I learned alot =)

mirisido
01-31-2009, 01:39 AM
*book marked*- nice tut, im not 12, im 15 and have no previous coding experience lol. I'm a slow learner and probably gunna have to read it a few times lol

xGarrett21
02-01-2009, 12:30 AM
This is a great tutorial man. Even though I am not a noob at learning, its a great reference for everyone.

soulcharged
02-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Wow i actually understand most things :p
Very nice tutorial, i understood it and im ultimate noob :rolleyes:

bank
02-02-2009, 01:01 AM
thanks, bookmark for when i need info again :)

Maninpink5
02-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Very good tut. Read alot of them so far and this is one of the top:) Thanks for the info.

Cy an id 3
02-19-2009, 06:38 PM
This guide has lead me straight to the intermediate section, Thank you!

pwnzorc
02-21-2009, 01:16 PM
nice tut keep up the good work! ^^

savyrulez
02-24-2009, 08:50 PM
great tut!!! rlly helped me understand scripting =D

m4cro-4 fun
03-02-2009, 12:49 AM
Thanks bro Ive learned lots and I hope to be able to atleast script my own scripts so I dont have to go around and to download ones(although they are probably better than what I would make) but thanks man it was a learningful Tutorial 10/10 coz im a noob lol:D

onizak
03-07-2009, 06:54 PM
WOW. excellent guide-->best one on the web that i have found :)

great job! :)

pil21
03-12-2009, 02:29 PM
tvm it realy help for me :)

5aith
03-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Really really great guide...
Its so good I'll read it again (^_^)

kylescoulter
04-16-2009, 09:50 AM
im gonna guess this is really outdated right? where can i find one that is more recent? ive looked through tutorial island. no luck. anyone?

CptTerrell
04-23-2009, 07:57 AM
extremly helpful tutorial thanks alot man :)

skvatboy
05-14-2009, 04:26 PM
NICE guide

froghand
05-18-2009, 06:44 PM
Thanks, I have learned a lot and will hopefully be a awesome scripter

edtor
09-13-2009, 05:32 AM
Thx, pretty helpfull info, need to be updated :)

edtor
09-13-2009, 05:37 AM
thx for guide, always learning something new