PDA

View Full Version : Lucid dreaming...ZZZ

R0b0t1
11-08-2007, 01:10 AM
If you don't know what it is, its being half-awake having the ability to consciously change your dream... Awesome, huh?

Ever happened to you? I can remember a few of mine: I had one where I was spiderman and was swinging in NY and crashed a helicopter, and one where I had superman's powers and was being made fun of for my massive veins in my arms. I've had a few where I was a girl also... And, of course, I've also had ones (like all of you) where I start ripping clothes off of anonymous women.

I've also figured out that physically rolling over in bed can help you lucid dream, and if you try to make yourself fell like you are "spinning" or "falling" off of your bed (without doing it physically) it helps :).

Sp0rky
11-08-2007, 01:14 AM
Lol, I've had those before. They're awesome. You can practically be god, and it's all so real. Best game I've ever played xD

On a different note, last night I was asleep, and I dreamt I was walking along a corridor, and the floor was wet, and I slipped (that feeling where your legs go from under you) and i woke up so suddenly with my heart pounding. I was like, wtf, shouldn't i be on the floor looking at the celing right now, not asleep in bed...

Haha.

The Claw
11-08-2007, 11:15 AM
man i wish i could lucid dream lol. apparantly its really hard to induce :( but taking a teaspoon or two of olive oil before bed can give you some pretty trippy dreams

ZephyrsFury
11-08-2007, 11:40 AM
I don't really know if this is what you are talking about but I remember a dream once where I was running in a long distance marathon or something when I suddenly stepped into a big ditch or something. I woke up straight way but it felt like I had actually stepped into a ditch (my legs shuddered). It freaked me out... :)

Eicca
11-08-2007, 11:56 AM
I've had one, when I was awake for ~72 hours with just the power of the energy drinks. I still don't know what was it, but it was really weird, all the cables seemed like they'd have been twisting and I didn't know if I was awake or not.

bullzeye95
11-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Spiderman? Superman? I have different kinds of dreams ;)

I almost never dream (or remember my dream...). The last time I did was probably like a year ago. So, it would probably be kind of hard for me to lucid dream.

mikev
11-08-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm not sure if its lucid or w/e but I have frequent conversations with myself every night. I sleep talk probably 6 out of the 7 days of the week. I have no clue why. My friends say its pretty funny though, because I can actually reply to questions and stuff....yea...that scares me a little.

Eicca
11-08-2007, 03:36 PM
I usually have this falling dream also. Any dream expert that could tell me what the hell is that? : D Its pretty freaky, but most of the time its cool! Sometimes I wake up, and sometimes I just land safely and continue what ever I was doing in my dream.

Sp0rky
11-08-2007, 03:48 PM
I've had one, when I was awake for ~72 hours with just the power of the energy drinks. I still don't know what was it, but it was really weird, all the cables seemed like they'd have been twisting and I didn't know if I was awake or not.

Impossible. The world record is shorter than that...

I've literally just woken up from a lucid dream. Wasn't great though. Maybe it was half lucid? I saw a beautiful girl and instintively, decided to have sex with her (It's my dream, don't judge me =D), but when we got kinda going I felt she had a penis...

Was pretty rough to be honest.

mikev
11-08-2007, 11:05 PM
^^...wtf....to much info rofl. :cartman:

R0b0t1
11-08-2007, 11:32 PM
OMG. Spork is a transvestite!

Everyone has dreams about women :) But not women with penises...

Psychor
11-08-2007, 11:38 PM
I usually have this falling dream also. Any dream expert that could tell me what the hell is that? : D Its pretty freaky, but most of the time its cool! Sometimes I wake up, and sometimes I just land safely and continue what ever I was doing in my dream.

Not a dream expert, but i looked up the falling dreams once as i was having alot of them. They should mean that you are turning into a new path of your life, heading a new direction.

Smartzkid
11-08-2007, 11:54 PM
Last time I had a falling dream, I ended up on the floor from a bunk bed. Lets just say I don't have falling dreams anymore.

Psychor
11-09-2007, 12:04 AM

I've literally just woken up from a lucid dream. Wasn't great though. Maybe it was half lucid? I saw a beautiful girl and instintively, decided to have sex with her (It's my dream, don't judge me =D), but when we got kinda going I felt she had a penis...

Was pretty rough to be honest.

Guess you where in Thailand then, cause it's perfectly normal that that happens here

legendaryhero90
11-09-2007, 12:22 AM
i doubt i can have lucid dreams.

for starters, i cant even control myself in dreams. it looks like im just merely watching myself in the dream but through first-person-view.

secondly, i almost never ever can remember my own dreams. no matter if it was good or bad, i can never remember the entire dream. But when i do remember, it's always in fragments or parts that i have to link together to memorize and recall the dream.

third, before i fall asleep sometimes, initial thoughts would appear in my head. before i fall asleep, those thoughts would come into a form of a picture or video. from there , i would dream.

Pancakes
11-09-2007, 12:37 AM
I've researched them, never attempted them. Would be cool though. You'd be a god :)

Sp0rky
11-09-2007, 01:18 AM
I was disgusted at what I found to be honest. I think I ran... lol.

R0b0t1
11-09-2007, 02:07 AM
Actually, they sell kits on http://www.make.com or something for lucid dreaming. Provides up to 15 minutes.

But I've had these wierd dreams where I just wake up suddenly. Almost like falling dreams.

How is it though, that you can know you are in a dream just by seeing a hot woman and well... ...so you could start lucid dreaming because of that.

Eicca
11-10-2007, 03:26 PM

Was pretty rough to be honest.Well I slept just a few hours a few times, but almost 72h awake. It was still really weird.

mikev
11-10-2007, 03:29 PM
a kit lol? I gotta see a legit link of that.

goider
11-10-2007, 08:37 PM
i have rollercoaster dreams where i can feel my stomach lurch and turn and once i even woke up doing a handstand against my wall, kinda suppotred at an angle, needless to say i sdidnt stay that way much longer.

King of Knives
11-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Sorry, but what's a "Lucid Dream" ?

I can usually never remember my dreams (Like, one every 3-5 weeks). The last dream I remember was playing Counter-Strike, where I was the player, and somehow I ended up recovering a girl under some blanket in the middle of a map... Damn weird...

-Knives

R0b0t1
11-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Its a dream in which you know its a dream and you can change it.

Its like daydreaming but it feels like you're awake and living.

goider
11-11-2007, 02:57 AM
Its a dream in which you know its a dream and you can change it.

Its like daydreaming but it feels like you're awake and living.

i say its more of a self induced halucenation, and you define the parameters of the world.

its just sexy:spot:

R0b0t1
11-11-2007, 03:06 AM
Mine are super-sexified.

Its just this thing, you know. I realize I'm lucid dreaming and the first thing I wish for is a woman...?

legendaryhero90
11-11-2007, 03:38 AM
How is it though, that you can know you are in a dream just by seeing a hot woman and well... ...so you could start lucid dreaming because of that.

-.-

what have you been looking at lately? :(

R0b0t1
11-11-2007, 05:33 AM
T3h !nt3rn37s

R0b0t1
11-11-2007, 07:33 PM
No, I was like fingering myself or something. It was really weird 'cause I'll never know what its like...

EvilChicken!
11-11-2007, 07:44 PM
man i wish i could lucid dream lol. apparantly its really hard to induce :( but taking a teaspoon or two of olive oil before bed can give you some pretty trippy dreams

Are you kidding me? Really? Really? Really?

I mean, really? I'ma try that. Unless you're just wrote that to see wich idiot believed that -.-

kor
11-11-2007, 08:07 PM
i lucid dream kinda much =P i did it last night heh' dont wanna tell ya what i dreamed about tho lol ^^'

red eyes 20
11-12-2007, 06:13 AM
man i wish i could lucid dream lol. apparantly its really hard to induce but taking a teaspoon or two of olive oil before bed can give you some pretty trippy dreams

whoa really?.....
any way i love, yet hate these dreams when their bad because your concious enough to have shite scared out of you, but still be asleep...
but yeah moslty awesome being god(perverted god..) in a dream is cool.

The Claw
11-13-2007, 10:14 AM
Are you kidding me? Really? Really? Really?

I mean, really? I'ma try that. Unless you're just wrote that to see wich idiot believed that -.-

yeap i'm 100% serious. a mate of mine on another forum was talking about it, i tried it and its pretty cool. hard to explain but its all colours and swirls and shit. extra virgin olive oil works best

Markus
11-13-2007, 08:02 PM
Hmm
*tries to remember*
Last lucid dream I can remember was like two years ago. It was a lucid dream/nightmare combination. it started as a lucid dream, and I controlled some stuff bout what happened, until I suddenly got a nightmare!
Was bout Harry Potter 2 I was going with Dumbledore and all pupils to the toilet of Moaning Myrtle, I got all people together as I knew that was the only way to give the story a happy end.
Then a weird black flying creature appeared squeezing through my body causing me to cry and die/wake up.

R0b0t1
11-13-2007, 11:04 PM
That olive oil thing sounds cool.

Damn. Did harry die?

Harry
11-13-2007, 11:07 PM
That olive oil thing sounds cool.

Damn. Did harry die?
I saw Harry and I though you were talking about me.. :(

Like "DID HARRY DIE?!" "Yes.. :(" "W00T!" lol

oliver1205
11-15-2007, 01:41 AM
I don't really know if this is what you are talking about but I remember a dream once where I was running in a long distance marathon or something when I suddenly stepped into a big ditch or something. I woke up straight way but it felt like I had actually stepped into a ditch (my legs shuddered). It freaked me out... :)

that happens to me. when ever i "fall off of something" in my dream i wake up and have that feeling in my stomach.

sweetleaf
11-15-2007, 07:28 AM
We just started a chapter on dreams and lucid dreams in my psychology class haha : )

the worst type of lucid dreaming for me are nightmares. they scare the shit out of me.

o yea, supposedly if u ever die in your dreams u die in real live lol.

R0b0t1
11-16-2007, 02:27 AM
You mean like you don't wake up before the "death" happens and somehow stay asleep through the act of your self being killed? Wow. Like the Matrix.

The Claw
11-16-2007, 10:55 AM
Nah I died in one of my dreams, i was jaywalking in front of flinders and got hit by a massive tram that came out of no where
Everything went black and I woke up all sweating and shit. the amazing thing was the feeling of acceptance and total peace that came over me as it hit.
So I didnt die in real life. or did i........?

n3ss3s
11-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Ahaha! Don't make me tell what sp0rky did IRL xD

Yeah, I have lucid dreamed quite many times...

Last one:

[tragedysoldierwarshitmusic]
Counter-Strike: Source
----------------------
De_Dust2
---------
---Fight!---

Go go go!

*unethical amount of shooting and shouting*

:p

I've had about 5 about scripting, and even more about falling.

So that I fall, but I dont actually wake up in bed feeling like I just dropped there, instead controlling the flying :S

If somebody'd have a look in my head when Im sleeping, they propably would see the banana thing changing colors and jumping ---groovy--- like somebody had in his avatar :p

EDIT: Claw dw, when scripters die they end up in the same place as Ben :rolleyes:

JuKKa
11-16-2007, 01:50 PM
When i was like 6 i always had a dream about i was walking in a forest.. Suddently i felt like im being followed so i started to run, Very slowly i couldnt move my legs at all, Then suddently i jumped to a tree (like 5 meters in the air) and hang there as i see the guys following me walking past me..

I havent had falling dreams for a few years -.-

I once had a dream about a girl and when i woke up i was like: DAMN i should have fucked her :D

R0b0t1
11-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Yeah, I've had some like those. I started like flying and stuff and I had realized I could change things, but when I woke up I slapped myself.

Claw, do you mean that your dream ended and you woke up?

I've got a new one: That life is like those Hinduism(ists) believe and we die and are re-incarnated. Claw just remembers how he died. Now, if we could take that time that you feel at peace we could walk inter-dimensionally.

OWNED!

JuKKa
11-16-2007, 11:04 PM
im going to sleep soon, Hopefully ill dream XD

King of Knives
11-16-2007, 11:13 PM
How awesomely weird would it be to survive your own death? You walk of a cliff or something, and in your dream, you die. But your brain is under enough control to keep the dream running. That would be extremely weird...

And about those people who dream about stepping into ditches... I've actually tried that IRL (Awake). I was running something in school when my right leg suddenly collapsed, and me along. I looked back and the road was 100% even, meaning my leg collapsed because of nothing... That's so weird...

-Knives

Jackrawl
11-17-2007, 12:28 AM
I dreamed I got to watch my own funeral. Even though no one came, it was still pretty awesome.

ZaSz
11-17-2007, 06:38 AM
its weird i was dreaming i was riding my bike and i woke up with my legs pedling the air perfectly like a bike. Another time a tripped and my whole body (in real life) Went in the air at the same time. It was weird.

The Claw
11-17-2007, 07:50 AM
Yeah, I've had some like those. I started like flying and stuff and I had realized I could change things, but when I woke up I slapped myself.

Claw, do you mean that your dream ended and you woke up?

I've got a new one: That life is like those Hinduism(ists) believe and we die and are re-incarnated. Claw just remembers how he died. Now, if we could take that time that you feel at peace we could walk inter-dimensionally.

OWNED!

yeh i woke up as soon as i died

R0b0t1
11-18-2007, 08:03 PM
Wewt! More dreams that included women last night!

Ummmm.... Thats it.

Runescape Pro
11-18-2007, 08:11 PM
damn... never knew this type of dreaming had a name but yes I've had a few. They mostly include hot chicks..... I'm not gunna get into it lol.

lolpie
11-18-2007, 10:33 PM
If you don't know what it is, its being half-awake having the ability to consciously change your dream... Awesome, huh?

Ever happened to you? I can remember a few of mine: I had one where I was spiderman and was swinging in NY and crashed a helicopter, and one where I had superman's powers and was being made fun of for my massive veins in my arms. I've had a few where I was a girl also... And, of course, I've also had ones (like all of you) where I start ripping clothes off of anonymous women.

I've also figured out that physically rolling over in bed can help you lucid dream, and if you try to make yourself fell like you are "spinning" or "falling" off of your bed (without doing it physically) it helps :).

I love lucid dreaming :)

For me the best way is to use a program called Brainwave Generator (Google it). All you do is basically play the file, and the next thing you know you are in a dream, fully aware.