PDA

View Full Version : How do you stop redirecting?

kingarabian
11-20-2007, 01:48 AM
I dont know like sometimes when i want to access youtube or runescape or Scar, it returns me:http://10.10.0.39:15871/cgi-bin/blockpage.cgi?ws-session=1913156227

And it blocks the page....so a friend told me if I can stop it from redirecting. I am using my schools laptop btw and they do have websense.

Im sorry if its in wrong place.

rogeruk
11-20-2007, 02:35 PM
I doubt its a redirection you are encountering. Its the websense software that your school is using. It is configured to automatically re-direct you to the "Blocked Page" if you visit one of these "blacklisted" sites.

kingarabian
11-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Hmm...yea maybe but because it loads runescape then it changes to that..

R0b0t1
11-20-2007, 10:24 PM
You could, in theory, hack your school with C++ based hacks. But they'd most likely send you to jail for messing with the man.

ecclesiastes
11-21-2007, 06:12 AM
Well i know this may be going in an opposite direction. I would advice you not to use cgi/bin based web proxies... Use PHP based ones... There are lots of them!. but roger was right :

It is configured to automatically re-direct you to the "Blocked Page" if you visit one of these "blacklisted" sites.

But one question... even if you browse through a PHP or CGI proxy, wouldn't the address be encrypted for anonymity? So how would the websense software know which page to block...