PDA

View Full Version : Update: 20th November

rogeruk
11-20-2007, 02:43 PM
20th November 2007 - Duel Arena Tournaments and Changes

There is now a cap to the amount a player can win in the space of 15 minutes in a staked duel, which is set to 3,000 coins. This limit will make it harder for real-world traders to unfairly use the Duel Arena as a covert way of transferring items. Of course, if you want to take part in some high-stakes duelling you now have the duel tournaments instead!

Bad news for you guys who transfer cash via Duel Arena :p.

Rest of update is kinda sheit.

Sp0rky
11-20-2007, 02:55 PM
I know, they must have really murdered staking. All those stakers will turn pkers now.

synesthetics
11-20-2007, 03:31 PM
like if there is no other ways for autoers to trade..

it only proves how despirite they are.

new manners:

let your mule die to a guard at shanty pass and pick up the stuff with your main. ( or another mule)
or just kill them in wildy or so.

poor little stakers.. they absolutely murdered the 1vs1 staking..

ok, the 64vs64 is fun. but not a replacement of the 1vs1!

ZaSz
11-20-2007, 03:39 PM
another way is like have your bot trade with another bot with another bot with another bot with your main! But make sure you trade stuff on both sides of the trade.

Wizzup?
11-20-2007, 04:02 PM
I know, they must have really murdered staking. All those stakers will turn pkers now.

I don't see a problem? ;)
Anyway, if JageX really killed staking there will be ALOT of rants; and they will probably search for a solution, which will bring staking back.

gillian
11-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Concur with Wiz .. they just destroyed something that some players are quite passionate about .. either they are so desparate to stop real world trading that they are bordering on obsessive and don't care if they murder the game for a large group of people, or they will fix it :p

nething
11-20-2007, 06:05 PM
OMFG. I fucking hate Jagsex now. I used to stake alot on my main. I won 20m in a stake once. I know alot of people that are really into Phat staking but I guess you can still do that since the store value of those is like 0-1 gp.

Dudenow12
11-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Yeah, a lot of people will probably rant about how much they hate it on the Runescape forums, so they might bring it back. But really, how many member autoers are there, if duel arena was f2p then I can see this being more justified, but are there really that many autoers on p2p?, and when you buy GP off a website they usually trade you in a free world anyway.

ecclesiastes
11-20-2007, 06:29 PM
if duel arena was f2p then I can see this being more justified, but are there really that many autoers on p2p?

True... Considering that it isn't worth getting banned as a member. Its still the old drop picking for non members :)

lakerzz8
11-20-2007, 07:06 PM
OMFG. I fucking hate Jagsex now. I used to stake alot on my main. I won 20m in a stake once. I know alot of people that are really into Phat staking but I guess you can still do that since the store value of those is like 0-1 gp.

No, they said the item value will be the "player value" which will be adjusted often when the Grand Exchange is released. So it will not go by the 1gp value of Phats but instead the 100s of millions of dollars value.

rogeruk
11-20-2007, 08:33 PM
No, they said the item value will be the "player value" which will be adjusted often when the Grand Exchange is released. So it will not go by the 1gp value of Phats but instead the 100s of millions of dollars value.

Please read..

There is now a cap to the amount a player can win in the space of 15 minutes in a staked duel, which is set to 3,000 coins

Therefor.. 3k COINS is the max you can win every 15 mins lol.

Before stakers were getting a few mill per stake.

Eicca
11-20-2007, 08:35 PM
What the fuck? They made staking impossible.. Whats the idea to stake for 3k.. :E

synesthetics
11-20-2007, 08:38 PM
yes,, and why 3k?! 3k! not 10k, 100k, 1k, 25k, no, three thousand gold pieces!

thats kinda odd for me :S so you cant stake more than a black platebody :S

Timer
11-20-2007, 08:49 PM
just stake whips, dragon chain bodys, items, etc.

oliver1205
11-20-2007, 09:28 PM
I don't see a problem? ;)
Anyway, if JageX really killed staking there will be ALOT of rants; and they will probably search for a solution, which will bring staking back.

lol i think the sticky got 4k replies so far. 95% of them how much jagex sucks. people spend HOURS making staking accounts for 1v1 staking. now they are fucked

neeger
11-20-2007, 09:44 PM
I heard that Jagex is going to get rid of tradeing as well... =(
But lets hope thats just a rumour

Runescapian321
11-20-2007, 11:32 PM
I heard that Jagex is going to get rid of tradeing as well... =(
But lets hope thats just a rumour

Lol, if there was no trading runescape would be completely pointless. That's the whole point of a multiplayer game besides chatting.

zenma
11-21-2007, 03:29 AM
did jagex try to put random.dat in diff folder now because i deleted the folder at F:\Documents and Settings\jeremiah\.jagex_cache_32 and it is now default there instead of c windows .jagex_cache_32 or wahtever. or is it just me?

Runescape Pro
11-21-2007, 03:31 AM
and i think this update also killed ss

Runescapian321
11-21-2007, 03:36 AM
and i think this update also killed ss

Meh, it won't be dead for long. Sythe usually fixes it within a few days after an update that stops it so...

NiCbaZ
11-21-2007, 06:06 AM
Rant, is up 12k replies

lakerzz8
11-21-2007, 08:30 AM
Please read..

Therefor.. 3k COINS is the max you can win every 15 mins lol.

Before stakers were getting a few mill per stake.

I don't understand why you quoted me? I know it's a 3k limit. Someone was saying that they can still stake P hats because they are worth 1gp, I was telling them Runescape determines the worth for staking at player prices, meaning P hats are considered to be worth several hundreds of million and not allowed to be staked.:duh:

brave
11-25-2007, 10:26 PM
. Of course, if you want to take part in some high-stakes duelling you now have the duel tournaments instead!

Yeah thats all good but only the highest levels win duel tournaments not actual stakers. I have a 1 def, 1 pray staker with 60 att monkey madness and lost city done and over 75str who dds staked but he doesn't stand a chance in duel tournaments because the chances are i'll end up fighting a lvl 80 with the same stats except 50-60 def and 40-50 pray of course that would be lucky I'll probably end up against a lvl 100+ with 99's. I'm pretty annoyed cause they've basicaly told me i'v wasted every hour i'v spent training that account to be a staker.

awesom
11-26-2007, 12:06 PM
New update is ridiculous I own 1v1 stakin but now staking is only fun xp..and the 64v64 thing is shit because I am pure and always end up fighting lvl 100's who are impossible to even hit on..