PDA

View Full Version : big problem with trading auto'ed good to main's

red eyes 20
11-20-2007, 07:05 PM
this is taken from the newest update

"The gp value of any item wagered in a staked duel is defined by the 'player value'. This 'player value' of an item will change according to any market fluctuations once the Grand Exchange has been introduced"

so in other words the game shops might have a proper value for items, so if you tade a unfair trade ie 10k iron ore for for blk armour or what ever
it might show up more on thier unfair trading systym to catch us...

just a thought, please let me know your appion on this.

i supose this would apply to buying member PINs on sythe to.

edit: maybe im just noob cake, but i think this might get us cought easier.

lakerzz8
11-20-2007, 07:08 PM
This will be in the future, when they release the Grand Exchange. It will allow them to find the proper prices for items. As far as knowing what the "player price" is, I am sure they have known, I mean their are pretty good player made price guides, so I am sure Runescape made their own.

red eyes 20
11-20-2007, 07:13 PM
no i'm saying the prices will be intregated in rs it's self thus shoing unfair trades, (automatically)but glad you know what you think. and i know, g.exchange is comming in a week

gerauchert
11-20-2007, 07:17 PM
i think its bs that they can call out what they consider an "unfair" trade...

there are too many "what ifs"

what if the person is just being generous, what if they know each other in real life, what if what if what if...all they assume is AUTOER!

I can see if its like trading 4M for no reason and getting nothing back, but its wrong to judge trades based on everyone else's "value" for an item...especially if it is a trade between two close friends and the one friend needs some money...

Just my opinion on the matter...:rolleyes:

red eyes 20
11-20-2007, 07:19 PM
ah true! but they might watch us after such a trade, not saying their gunna bann every one with a unfair trade, just that they'll notice them more, i'm probably just to uptight about geting banned having played legit for 2 years and not wanting that top go to waste to soon.

gerauchert
11-20-2007, 07:31 PM
ah true! but they might watch us after such a trade, not saying their gunna bann every one with a unfair trade, just that they'll notice them more, i'm probably just to uptight about geting banned having played legit for 2 years and not wanting that top go to waste to soon.

i agree with you 100%

you just have to be more cautious with your trades...little bits at a time as well as occasionally drop trading the important stacks (like 10k iron)

i think the best method is to directly trade things like pickaxes, axes, fishing stuff, armour, weps, and to only drop trade the big things like mass amounts of raw materials or gold...

red eyes 20
11-20-2007, 07:53 PM
hm i've always figured trade trading more dangerious
but yeah jagex will always be fighting us(sigh)..
(woot 100th post, took awhile )

synesthetics
11-20-2007, 08:09 PM
uhmz. they are difinely trying to stop the reallife trading en selling and stop autoers.. but then we can kill our bots and pick it up with another accounts.

so no trades has been made.. the account is only stupid that it not runs away or so.

red eyes 20
11-20-2007, 09:57 PM
thats an idea, would be annoying walking them back to from lumby though

Atomic1221
11-20-2007, 10:01 PM
we've always got wildy to do the trading.

red eyes 20
11-21-2007, 05:54 AM
yup, that is quite an annoynce though.
but if all else fails it'll do.

ZaSz
11-21-2007, 05:58 AM
ye if you go to wildy with bot then go witha dif player kill that bot and get stuff it wont be that noticable.

NiCbaZ
11-21-2007, 06:21 AM
haha. but what if someone else gets your $ or iron or whateva...

lakerzz8
11-21-2007, 08:34 AM
Are you telling me trading iron is noticeable but going into the wild with 20k noted iron bars or whatever and being killed is not noticeable? If they can monitor one thing, they can monitor another thing correct? What makes killing and picking up items less traceable than drop trading?

mickaliscious
11-21-2007, 05:39 PM
Are you telling me trading iron is noticeable but going into the wild with 20k noted iron bars or whatever and being killed is not noticeable? If they can monitor one thing, they can monitor another thing correct? What makes killing and picking up items less traceable than drop trading?

It's more likely that a person killing another person in the wild is legit than a person drop trading goods from an autoer. You're far less likely to be banned by doing so.

tarajunky
11-21-2007, 05:57 PM
I'm still annoyed that they create this "Grand Exchange" to help normalize the prices for goods after they capped the price of feathers a 6 gp by allowing you to buy 50k of them at a time at that price in the store.

Feathers used to sell for 15 gp each, back before all the autobuyers took over. Since they killed the autobuyers, the price should return to approximately that level, but instead they capped it a 6 gp. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

As far as transferring autoed goods to your main, what's stopping you from charging too much?

Say iron is selling for an average of 100 gp each. You have your bots sell all their iron at that price. Then you have your main buy iron for that price. Now you have your main turn around and sell it for 120/150/200 each. Of course most people won't buy at that price, but if someone does, great, you made a profit. But you can always have your bots buy the iron from your main at the higher price. Overall you just transferred 20% of the value of all your autoed goods to your main. Repeat as needed.

Example. Bot1 has 12,000 iron ore, worth 1.2 mil. They sell it all for cash. Your main has 1 mil and buys 10k iron ore from someone else. Now your main sells 10k iron ore to your bot for 1.2 mil. Your main ends up 200k richer, and your bot ends up with 2k less iron ore. It's like you transferred/sold 2k iron to your main!

red eyes 20
11-21-2007, 07:35 PM
hm, well that's intresting, but what about the left over money on your autoers?...
(and is amazed this thread has so many replies, including, omg a srl dev?!!)

oh yes i though of a way to trade tons of stuff to main and be nice toa few people, which is to have a drop party and know what you'll grop your valubles, and the junk, so lets say you drop your 5m in this one peticulare far off corner and 5 rune meds every where else, jagex wouldn't know who to ban. you'd loose 5 rune meds or whet ever, and takinga small chance of looseing your stuff but ithink that's a 100% safe, as in bannation, way to trade.

kingarabian
11-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Dont worry people......drop trading is still alive =].

red eyes 20
11-22-2007, 08:01 AM
king, you think drop trading is less noticeable?

lakerzz8
11-22-2007, 08:10 AM
I don't think hosting a drop party which will bring in a lot of people is exactly the best way to get goods to your main. Trading through middlemen is good. I have a legit friend who helps me trade good from autoers to main.