PDA

View Full Version : Purely Simple (a pure guide)

Yakri
11-30-2007, 03:59 AM
First off, naming your pure

Do:
-Have a real name, not a jumble of letters and numbers
-Put two spaces in any place where you would have any spaces at all, this can fool some people
-Have real words NOT associated with RS, like Bob, Car, Bike, Fire and lighting!

Do Not:
-Comprise your name of purely numbers
-put the words “pure” “pk” or any “l33t sp3ak!” in your name
-Don’t put tons of XxXxX’s or anything like that

Your name should look something like, Hoodlum 13 or something similar. The idea is no one should think you are a pure by looking at your name, and it should preferably be hard to look up on the high scores. (ps, these are just tips ^_^ )

F2P Pures

-The F2P Strength pure
The F2P strength pure generally gets enough attack to wield rune, 1 defense, and very high strength a really good strength pure would have 40 attack about 80-90 strength and 1 defense. Now here is how to make one

Training: Starting off in lumby the first thing you need is higher attack, why not strength first? Well that’s because if you get 5 attack and a steel weapon your going to hit about twice as often as if you didn’t.

After you get about 5 attack start leveling your strength to 20 you should train on chickens and goblins until maybe 10 combat, sure cows have more hp, but they are not really going level you any faster at this point.

After 20 strength if you have some food (chicken is tasty) move on to cows. Cows are good till about 20 combat, (or even to much higher combat level) and 30 strength and 10 attack.

After that the Al-Kharid warriors are really good for a really long time, there is a kebob vender nearby and you can use the coins the warriors drop to buy them for food. If you don’t like them you can always grab some food and trudge over to the barbarian village and the strong hold of security, its got monsters of all levels you can do battle with.

Gear: you should pk in full iron and a strength ammy, with a rune scimmy or the best weapon you can equip. For food you should always use lobsters, they are cheap and effective. You should also bring one or two strength pots, be ready to lose anything you bring, no matter how uber you think you are you can and will die.

-The Pure Ranger
Get really high ranged and really low defense! Ranged pures like strength pures are very good in F2P because the damage they deal will keep increasing with level, being ranged is also really handy for catching running prey.

Training: You will be able to train in all the places strength pures train but there are a few good places to train in where you can range things,

-First off we have the barbarian village, perfect for after you have honed your ranged skills to about level 5 murdering poor hapless chickens. Here you can in fact train all the way to 40 ranged, it gets a bit slow near the end but its quite doable.

-smack dab in the same spot is the stronghold of security, its one of the best places to train range in F2P and you can do it at about any level, and the minotaurs there drop iron arrows a lot so that’s handy arrows.

-After that you can always saunter on over to the lesser demons on karajama and kill the lesser demons there, they are great ranged exp and have good drops.

Gear: Full green dragon, (minus the chest, use a leather body instead), it’s really a bad idea to go pking before you have 40 ranged, wear a coif for the head slot and a ammy of accuracy or defense, for weapons use a maple bow and addy arrows, nothing less. For food as always a good ol inventory of lobsters.

-The Tank Ranger
Exactly the same as the ranger, but they get 40 defense so that they can use the dragon chest piece (you must also do the dragon slayer quest) and often get 52 prayer as well. Tank rangers are very effective verses just about everyone but they will be higher combat level and they take more effort and money (you should really get about 90 ranged along with the other stats)

-The Mage
Ah the dealer of magical mayhem, not quite what it once was but still useful, the problem with a mage pure is twofold, 1) nearly everyone wears green dragon hide and if they do its practically hopeless, but fear not, there are those who do not wish to train their ranged to 40. And 2), after 59 magic raising your level further produces little or no effect, never the less here’s how you get there.

Training: the best ways to get there are splash training with curse runes or just plain old killing your way there; truthfully it’s a real pain in the butt for F2P.

-Killing:Lets stick to blasting baddies for the moment; it’s far less boring,
Cows! No need to kill chickens for mages in training, you can just blast those cows over the fence for the first 20 levels or so!

-Once you get about 20 magic slaughtering cows its time to move on, but where to you say? Well you could go mage the lesser demon locked up in the mage tower though there are often people there.

-or you could kill monsters in the stronghold of security in one of the ranging spots in there.

-if those don’t suit your taste simply visit the varrock sewers, the sewers are teaming with ranging spots, giant rats and zombies! Overall, a very pleasant place.

-Cursing: its boring, in short, once you get 19 magic buy a ton of body, earth, and water runes, and a suit of full iron armor (get a sword or something too not a staff) and cast curse on something with decent magic defense, like men. Since curse does no damage when the spell “splashes” it still gives full exp, so you can cast it over and over and over on the same monster.

Gear: there isn’t much available, I’d go with black wizzy top and hat, a priest gown bottom, an elemental air staff and an amulet of magic.

-The F2P hybrid
The F2P hybrid has high enough magic to teleport and use bind runes, very high ranged, and high strength for K.O’s they are the most effective, as there are no real downsides to training magic, ranged, and melee.

Training: if you have read any of the above sections you will already know where to train. (if you don't get it, just train you ranged at the ranged places melee at the places for str pures etc)

Gear: full green dragon and ranged gear. With a maple bow and addy arrows, with a rune scimmy a str pot, lobbys and maybe bind runes in your inventory.

P2P Pures

-P2P Strength Pures
Strength pures in P2P come in several verities; I’ll go over the ones I know about.
(Remember, for are strength pures once you hit 80 strength it’s a good idea to get 31 prayer)

-Obby Maulers.
They generally have 1 defense 1 attack and very high strength (shoot for 80, it’s the magic number)

Gear: They tend to use obby mauls (duh) and wear monks robes (or iron armor) with strength ammys and super strength pots, throwing in a super attack pot might help too. If you feel like leveling up you’re ranged a bit and gaining some HP exp you can use ranger armor instead for extra magic defense.

-DDS’ers
For a dds wielding pure you need 60 attack to use the weapon and as high strength as you can get, the idea is to deal damage faster then they can eat and K.O them with DDS spec’s

Gear: You can wear monks robes, nothing but a dds, iron, or ranging armor, I highly recommend leveling up your ranged to 70 even if you never use it while pking, because with out dragon armor mages will EAT YOU ALIVE. Being frozen in place for 15-20 seconds isn’t fun when you only have a dds so all you can do is do emotes and curse at them while slowly dieing. (You could also bring along a D long or D scimitar for normal attacks and use your DDS only for specs)

-Scimmy smiter's!
Want to be one? Easy, get 80 strength (phew I say that a lot) or better yet 90 strength, a dragon scimitar, 60 attack, and 52 prayer. You can use protect prayers to avoid sudden death, and smite people to drain their prayer, you can also use the dragon scimitar to stop them from using prayer for 5 seconds (very useful in teams of two or more where your friends can all dds/MSB spec as soon as their prayer goes down.

Gear: Preferably a strength ammy, black dragon hide. (and/or any other dragon armor, with the top of your choice). A dragon scimitar and a dds (for K.O’s)

Training: you need to train on monsters that can’t hit back, or at least can’t hit back very hard, for levels 1-20 kill chickens goblins and cows, from levels 20-50 you can just kill rock crabs, lots and lots of them. In fact you can pretty much kill rock crabs forever, though once you can use a dds and hit over 10 with it PC is pretty good training too. For more training spots check look at the F2P and P2P training spot lists.

Gear for all: for any str pure be sure to bring super attack & strength pots, and a full inventory of sharks.

-P2P Ranger Pures

-P2P Pure Ranger
Pure Rangers have 1 prayer 1 defense and lots ‘n lots of ranged levels.
A good pure ranger would have 80-90 ranged, there isn’t much to discuss about them, its rather simple, but gear is where it gets fun

Gear: There are a number of good combinations for ranger pures.

1) Standard, Best armor you can use plus a MSB with rune arrows an ammy of power a ranged pot, and an inv of sharks. (use a leather body or something stylish for the chest slot)

2) Xbow style, a rune crossbow with d stone tipped enchanted bolts and a zammy prayer book in the off hand, the rest of the gear the same. The idea with this you can hit around 50s with a really high ranged level and K.O people. But the bolts are so expensive, unless you get some lucky kills you’re not going to make your money back.

3) The Dark Bow, with the dark bow setup you get the same stuff as with the MSB basic set, plus the dark bow and dragon arrows, then you use the arrows to try and K.O people, and you use the MSB for normal attacks (or you COULD just so the DB if you wanted but that’s not really a good idea…)

-P2P Tank Ranger
Tank Rangers get 40 defense, along with their “uber crazy ranged skillz” if you want to make a tank ranger I’d advise making a normal pure ranger first and leveling them up to a decent level (at least 70+ ranged) before leveling there defense to 40. WARNING: make sure you do the dragon slayer quest before you start leveling defense so you can use the dragon hide chest pieces, if you do the quest after you get 40 defense you will level past 40.

Note: this build is pretty good for deeper wildy pking once you get 99 ranged.

Gear: you need the same gear as normal pure rangers but with the addition of a dragon hide chest and a super defense potion. Also the Xbow strategy is more effective if you are a Tank ranger because it depends on procs, since you die more slowly due to defense your fights will be longer thus a better chance of landing a K.O with a proc, and its more effective because you will be doing less max damage then standard pures your level (at least till 99 ranged).

Training: to begin with use any lowish level f2p place; the barbarian village is great imo

Once you get maybe 40-50 ranged get some iron throwing knives and go to rock crabs, you could pretty much sit there forever, but if that’s boring you to much and you have 60-70 ranged you can head out to fire giants, they have great drops, if you use cheap arrows and a ring of wealth, chances are you will be leaving richer then when you came in. blue dragons under taverly are always good as well, and then there are also lesser demons in karajama, I got from 50-60 something there before they had rock crab.

-P2P Mage Pures

-Teleblock Pures
Tele block pures get 85 magic, just enough for, you guessed it, teleblock. Hate it when those noobs teleport out just before you kill them? Like pking in low level wildly but don’t want your prey to escape you? Then the teleblock pure is for you! You just charge up your god spells and pwn noobies with 30 damage hits, entangle, and of course teleblock, if you like teleblock but not magic, level up ranged or melee and just use a mage top and hat (any kind that gives a magic bonus) so you can hit fairly often with teleblock and entangle while not wearing full mage armor and use a dds or msb to deal the damage.

Gear1:Full ghostly with a god staff, magic ammy, entangle, teleblock, charge, and god spell runes, and sharks (naturally) teleport runes are for suckers. (and waste space needed for food!)

Gear2(for people who like mystic): same as gear1, only with mystic robes, and 20 defense rather then one.

Gear3:Black d legs and vamps with a top and hat that give a mage bonus, the rest the same as gear1

-Ancients pures
Like pking in high level wildy? Get frustrated when people run away from you? Like sipping tea and discussing local politics in a British accent while pking people!? Then the accent magics pure is for you! The goal is to get ice barrage, though some people go for ice rush at 72 and slowly work their way up from there.

Gear1: Full Ghostly, runes for what ever Ancient spell you will be using (use ice spells) the ancient staff, a magic ammy (or glory if you so chose)

Gear2: Like with teleblock mages you can always get 20 defense and mystic armor, your choice.

Gear3: You can also use this really well with ranging. bind people in place with ice spells, really does a number on those dds 1 itmers.

Training:

Cursing questing and monster killing, kill cows, splash train with curse, and do quests that give magic exp to 55 mage, mix it up a little use ranger training spots like lesser demons and blue dragons (mainly the ones with good drops, runes cost a lot you know) to train using combat spells. Tip; use a mud staff.

High alching, this is pretty much the way to go from 55-80 after 80 stunning is faster, and imo better. (Stun is pretty much high level curse).

You could also use cosmics and enchanting in the mage training arena, slower then alching but a lot cheaper too

And lastly you could use cammy teleport from when you first get it all the way to 85 or 90 magic, but this is a hell of a lot more expensive then any other way.

Note: Mages pures take a ton of money to make, and if you get carpel tunnel from all the repetitive clicking you need to train you magic that high I take no responsibility.

More coming soon, yay for weekends

Training Spots (F2P)

1) Chickens, cows, and goblins near lumby. The first place you will ever train, all skills can be trained there with ease.

2) The barbarian village, good for ranging(in side the main longhouse), and good for maging too for that matter, not so much so for meleers but its still a good training spot.

3) The stronghold of security, good for any pure of any level, make sure you bring food if you are meleeing though.

4) Al-Kharid Warriors, they are awesome for training your melee stats because a bunch of them attack at once, you really need food and armor though and be around level 20-30.

5) Lesser Demons, good for both ranging and maging, you need to be higher level, and you might want to bring some food but they have good drops.

6) Varrock sewers they have something for everyone, the toughest thing in there are moss giants (which can be ranged/maged)

7) Dark wizards, I wouldn’t recommend training there without full green drag ranging gear and fairly good melee fighting stats, but they have pretty good rune drops.

That’s all for now folks, I’ll be editing this and adding a members section tomorrow and fixing mistakes I made on the F2P section

Feel free to post any questions you may have or anything you think i should add.

RSV
12-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Awesome guide lots of info!, I never really thought about the double spaces, i'll have to put this into practice when I create my next RS char. Always wanted to be a pure mage :o , so god staffs arn't suited to pure mages, i'm going to cry emote =P

Anyway, thanks for the tutorial!

[S]paz
12-02-2007, 10:17 PM
wow thats one long ass tut .. well done and thx for that

spaz

Yakri
12-02-2007, 10:27 PM
Awesome guide lots of info!, I never really thought about the double spaces, i'll have to put this into practice when I create my next RS char. Always wanted to be a pure mage :o , so god staffs arn't suited to pure mages, i'm going to cry emote =P

Anyway, thanks for the tutorial!

wait wait, where did i say that god staffs aren't suited to pure mages? you get 85 magic for teleblock, block em, entangle them, charge up your god staff and fire away!

and the saradomin god staff is the best one, and they all do the same amount of damage. I'll add that to my guide later today along with hybrids

EvilChicken!
12-02-2007, 11:40 PM
Effin sick guide man!

Bookmarked!

Sanjuro
12-03-2007, 12:13 AM
Great guide. Hoping to use it soemtime

ZaSz
12-03-2007, 01:17 AM
Im kind of putting this in practice. I Have a 40 att and 20-99 str using on a chicken killer.

eric4721
12-03-2007, 01:31 AM
Nice guide. I'll be using it.

soppa_z
12-03-2007, 05:19 AM
Nice Guide. im nota pure trainer but i can try it out when i have nothing to do.

RSV
12-03-2007, 07:55 AM
wait wait, where did i say that god staffs aren't suited to pure mages? you get 85 magic for teleblock, block em, entangle them, charge up your god staff and fire away!

and the saradomin god staff is the best one, and they all do the same amount of damage. I'll add that to my guide later today along with hybrids

nooo, I just didn't see anything about God staffs, and I love em' especially the Saradomin staff.

Heh, I was a level 62 strutting around with my god staff with level 69 mage, till it got banned.

=P

Mists
12-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Great Guide!

For F2P Training spots, in the spot where you get the colored boots. There are like level 50 something zombies and they agro themselves on you.

(80-90 Str is easy said then done :P)

EvilChicken!
12-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Great Guide!

For F2P Training spots, in the spot where you get the colored boots. There are like level 50 something zombies and they agro themselves on you.

(80-90 Str is easy said then done :P)

You mean the Stonghold of Security? Flesh crawlers there are also agressive and they drop pretty neat loot. :D

Unreal
12-22-2008, 09:50 AM
what about dragon's pure?

DDS, with dragon scimitar 60attack 99strength 1defence 89hitpoints 52prayer

jakeyboy29
12-22-2008, 01:27 PM
grave digger way over time