PDA

View Full Version : Party Room Changes

IPwnz
11-30-2007, 09:09 PM
I love the last line of this little update:

The bankers have entered into this agreement as they believe it will stop the Party Room being used as a means of transferring wealth covertly.

Jahgex is really trying to make people believe that money traders are being stopped by this whole global money value system. First the duel arena, now this, but they can't stop people from Wildy trading still, can they? This just shows how desperate they are to make the general non-cheating public think that the game is fair.

Harry
11-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Can you like me to that message please? :)

Runescapian321
11-30-2007, 09:19 PM
http://news.runescape.com/newsitem.ws?id=998

I like it how if there's a 1m+ drop everybody on that world will know about it XD

Harry
11-30-2007, 09:22 PM
Thanks Runescapian321.

Thats WICKED stupid! I mean really.. Why would someone use party room? Some noob would come into it and then get your 1 mill you were trading =O

munk
11-30-2007, 09:44 PM
i thought about it once. Do it on the second/third floor, you could probably get away with it. but still, i never wanted to take the risk or the time to break all the dam balloons:p

TurtleVVisperer
11-30-2007, 10:07 PM
Since nobody in the right mind would trade that way anyways, I think the update is cool. It'd be pretty cool to see a 1mil+ drop. I never thought of wildy trading before, how do PK kills work now a days? Does the killer have one minute to pick stuff up or does everyone see it?

RudeBoiAlex
11-30-2007, 10:37 PM
I never thought of wildy trading before, how do PK kills work now a days? Does the killer have one minute to pick stuff up or does everyone see it?

no thats only you die from a NPC i think

ZaSz
11-30-2007, 10:47 PM
This is a pretty cool update. Specially the tell everyone about 1m +

osmm
12-01-2007, 03:43 AM
OMFG! that is the GAYEST most effed up update yet. 10minute delay wtf... and all runescape banks will offer free teleport.

TurtleVVisperer
12-01-2007, 05:25 AM
OMFG! that is the GAYEST most effed up update yet. 10minute delay wtf... and all runescape banks will offer free teleport.

Yeah, but... how many $1mill+ parties have you ever attended? Jagex just wants more people to take part in the fun. I think it is understandable. I never use the party room though, so I guess my opinion doesn't matter very much.

xaviarrob
12-01-2007, 07:54 AM
found this update a little suprising lol didnt see any point of doing it and no one i knwo is crazy enough to put 1mil into the chest lol

Smartzkid
12-01-2007, 03:22 PM
OMG, so stupid...

Back to the 'ol private drop parties, then...

Runescapian321
12-01-2007, 06:01 PM
found this update a little suprising lol didnt see any point of doing it and no one i knwo is crazy enough to put 1mil into the chest lol

Trust me, if you ever take a look on the forums and look for drop parties, you could probably find a 1m+ going on every day.

King of the Nites
12-01-2007, 11:38 PM
I hate this update! I sometimes round up my friends and we put some good items in their like barrows stuff dragon legs sometimes just to have something to do. Now, everyone in the whole world will know that me and my friends are dropping this. It ruins it for me and my friends. I already went to one 1 mil+ drop and their were about 400 people there and all i got was a burnt tuna!!!

hellboiy
12-11-2007, 01:50 PM
i hate this update, what if u get lucky enough to see a lvl 126s drop party with like 20m in it? evryone will no about it :S

[N]ick
12-17-2007, 02:47 AM
I love the last line of this little update:

Jahgex is really trying to make people believe that money traders are being stopped by this whole global money value system. First the duel arena, now this, but they can't stop people from Wildy trading still, can they? This just shows how desperate they are to make the general non-cheating public think that the game is fair.

You can't wild drop trade. You can only pick up 3k or less, even from a kill

IPwnz
12-17-2007, 09:16 PM
ick;298703']You can't wild drop trade. You can only pick up 3k or less, even from a kill

I wrote this back before the massive update of death. ;)

L3ss Than 33
12-30-2007, 10:23 PM
I was at the falador bank one day. The bankers were advertising a 155k drop happening in the party room. It counted down. Then they all said "155k drop happing in the party room now!" I stayed in the bank for a little while and all of a sudden it changed to "215k drop happening in the party room now!" How is that possible? Can you put items in while the drop is happening? If so, couldn't you merely just put in like 5k... nobody would come... and at the last second put in like 7 mil?

Enlighten me if I am wrong...

lakerzz8
01-02-2008, 05:36 AM
Don't know if this is the reason but here is the news update regarding the party room...
* A value of up to 50k: there is a 10 second delay before the balloons drop.
* 50k - 150k: there is a 1 minute delay before the balloons drop. The Falador bankers and Party Room barmaids will announce that a party is happening.
* 150k - 1 million: there is a 5 minute delay before the balloons drop. The Falador men and women, bankers and Party Room barmaids will announce that a party is happening.
* 1 million+ : there is a 10 minute delay before the balloons drop. The Falador men and women, bankers and Party Room barmaids will announce that a party is happening. Nearly all the bankers across RuneScape will also announce that a party is happening, and will offer free teleports to the Party Room.

Since 155k and 215k are in the same bracket that means that there is the same wait time, had someone added enough value to put it over the 215k mark it would have gone up to the full 10 minute wait. But, since you were not at the party I think what really happened was that the 155k drop happened and then the next drop for 215k was set into motion and so the bankers updated the value of their message but not the message itself. Did they later begin to countdown the 215k drop?

gamer 5
01-02-2008, 07:27 AM
You know guys we can get into world 156 were there is no gay updates and the old wild is back, but we could get banned for bug abuse and is members world. So we are screwed!

We Need A Solution!:confused:

lakerzz8
01-03-2008, 02:31 AM
You know guys we can get into world 156 were there is no gay updates and the old wild is back, but we could get banned for bug abuse and is members world. So we are screwed!

We Need A Solution!:confused:

Uhm, no you are wrong. World 156 has the same updates as the rest of the servers and also, last I heard, it was shut down.