PDA

View Full Version : NFL - The Patriots

Runescapian321
12-07-2007, 05:22 AM
Well, who thinks the Pats will go undefeated (19-0) this year? Or will they go 16-0 in the regular season then lose in the playoffs? Or maybe they go 15-1 or lower? What do you think?

IMO, the Pats will lose to the Steelers and/or the Giants :)

legendaryhero90
12-07-2007, 06:04 AM
dunno not a football person...

Runescapian321
12-08-2007, 03:06 AM
Psh.... What, doesn't anybody watch the NFL?

IEatJ00erBaybees
12-08-2007, 04:43 AM
The NFL is the best league in the World.

They will go 19-0. Being a loyal Patriots fan since 1993 at birth, I went to 2 games this year (Buffalo & Cleveland) where The Pats killed them in both games. I know the past 2 games have been close, but think of who Pittsburgh has played for defenses: Cleveland twice? Cincinnati twice I believe? Buffalo? San Francisco?

Plus, they have more to play for, unlike Phi/Bal. Philly and Baltimore both took chances if you noticed, and I don't believe that Ken Whisenhunt and the Steelers are going to take as much chances, being in playoff contention.

I think it'll come down to a couple things. Can the Front 5 of Dan Koppen, Nick Kaczur, Matt Light, Russ Hochstein, and Logan Mankins (and Laurence Maroney/Kevin Faulk in the backfield) can stop the blitzes from Troy Polamalu and company. That and we'll see if Adalius Thomas, Tedy Bruschi, Mike Vrabel, and (is Roosevelt Colvin playing this game? He got injured last week) can stop Willie Parker. It'll be a long day, considering they couldn't even stop Willis McGahee, who is a very fine Halfback. Props to him, he has the Patriots number, but we'll see if those LB's don't look their age for once.

If they do this, Pats will win 42-10, if not, it'll be close. But man, I'm still "phew'ing" after that last game. They are so lucky that Baltimore was horribly disaplined. If not for all those penalties and bad luck, they would have won.

I don't think the Refs made any bad calls though. Hey, 4th and 1. QB Sneak, Brady's stopped but they called a timeout before. That's fair game. Next play, run to Heath Evans, stopped but a False Start blew the whistle dead, fair game. Holding call in the endzone after they picked up the first down. OK, that was not holding, it was pass interference, where the ball would have been on the 1 instead of the 8. Didn't really matter though. It was unnecessary as the ball had been tipped by w/e the defender was in front before the grabbing.

GO PATS!