PDA

View Full Version : Want to make new game?

Rs-Gp-4U
12-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Since runescape is basicily dead :mad: R.I.P :mad: i thought maybe alot of us could work together and make another game :D, i just got a forum (not good but it's something) and i was wondering if you could help!

http://kizzop.forumco.com/

gerauchert
12-14-2007, 07:31 PM
neither runescape nor srl are dead. no offence but im sick of people saying stuff like this. if you want to start a new game then go right ahead but dont go around saying "oh rs cheating is dead so lets leave srl and join a new game, cuz im giving up."

nothing wrong with trying out something new though...ill help you out if you need it whn you decide what game to auto ;)

Rs-Gp-4U
12-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Well i'll go on the mission alone lol(try),
What language is it in and i was thinking of buying a 3d creator called curvy
3D, can you make monsters on there and then send into script?

gerauchert
12-14-2007, 07:37 PM
oh oh oh i thought you meant go and play a different game, not MAKE a different game...

sorry then i will not be able to help you, my knowledge here only pertains to scar scripting -.-

Rs-Gp-4U
12-14-2007, 07:40 PM
make another game
Yeah lol ^^, what lanuage it in?
Plus im still guna use scar *ThumbsUp* just not for rs

P1nky
12-14-2007, 10:36 PM
wow dude... you know how much work that shit is =p

plus you probally need to make scam free shit/glitches free and LMAO ITS LIKE IM POSSIBLE TO MAKE A GOOD GAME! WITH ONLY 1 PERSON

=p

Dan Cardin
12-14-2007, 11:18 PM
hope u know how hard its gonna be.

Even a master programmer cant make a game that will beat rs(not that rs is anywhere near the best game out there) by himself, unless he wants to be doing it for a loooooooong time. But u can try and prove me wrong :).

Rs-Gp-4U
12-15-2007, 11:51 AM
For about the third time. WHAT LANGUAGE IS IT IN????

nhstarter10
12-15-2007, 01:39 PM
umm actually... I made my own game before, only with the help of one other person.... I'm just trying to remember what you call the program that I used. But it's like the game terra world online. Try to go to terragaming.net, maybe look at the game and play it for a little bit. I don't know if this is the type of game that you are looking at, but I found it to be quiet boring after a little while so I tried to make my own. It went good until it was time to find a server that could be open 24/7 with no lag. Again I do not remember what program I used to make the game. But there was literily no coding involved for me. You just select the type of "tile" and place it on the map. I'm sure you could google it or something.

Dan Cardin
12-15-2007, 02:39 PM
umm actually... I made my own game before, only with the help of one other person.... I'm just trying to remember what you call the program that I used. But it's like the game terra world online. Try to go to terragaming.net, maybe look at the game and play it for a little bit. I don't know if this is the type of game that you are looking at, but I found it to be quiet boring after a little while so I tried to make my own. It went good until it was time to find a server that could be open 24/7 with no lag. Again I do not remember what program I used to make the game. But there was literily no coding involved for me. You just select the type of "tile" and place it on the map. I'm sure you could google it or something.

Game-makers like that are stupid. Its like making a different version of an already cade game. and "What language is it in?" what do u mean?! What language is what in? If you're talking about what language do u need to know to make a game. It depends on what type of game you're making. Java, C++, C#. You or u can make simple games in any language

Rs-Gp-4U
12-15-2007, 04:41 PM
What i meant was is it;
C++
JS
HTML
PHP
(ETC ETC)

What would be simpliest :D? I might make simple shoot the duck first xD

Dan Cardin
12-15-2007, 04:56 PM
im not an expert but if u hope to be making 3d games later on then i would say either learn c++ or java.

Rs-Gp-4U
12-15-2007, 05:07 PM
Ok, is java.com the best places for tutorials just i don't like the layout and stuff.

My first game would be very simple :D
Then some of you would probaly auto on it *PFFT

Hugolord
12-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Ok, is java.com the best places for tutorials just i don't like the layout and stuff.

My first game would be very simple :D
Then some of you would probaly auto on it *PFFT

ugh.. m8 you really shouldn't be thinking about making games with coding it yourself...

as a start i suggest you try out this http://www.yoyogames.com/make

I think I tried it a few months ago or smthing.. oh well

Rs-Gp-4U
12-15-2007, 05:12 PM
I never understand it, i've tried it before, i really need to learn some comp language to i need some g33k points

Hugolord
12-15-2007, 05:16 PM
I never understand it, i've tried it before, i really need to learn some comp language to i need some g33k points

Lol if you don't understand that then there is no chance you will be making a game.

Rs-Gp-4U
12-15-2007, 05:21 PM
I've used yoyo before i don't like it one bit, anyone know any good tuts for java? Not java.com or w3schools.com

Dan Cardin
12-15-2007, 07:51 PM
i doubt u'll get to making games with this but if u want to learn java for java's sake then
www.javaomatic.com
http://axusgames.110mb.com/javaindex.html
http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=129704