PDA

View Full Version : Hobbit's daily Quote

Hobbit
12-22-2007, 08:02 AM
Day 1: Better to be poor and honest than a rich person no one can trust.

But because it's first day here's another for all you leechers...

Some people dig a fork into the pie but are too lazy to raise it to their mouth

stupedspam
12-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Wow those are deep! Do you mind if others add some quotes or Pm you some quotes?

Long live deep thinking :D
~Stupedspam

Hobbit
12-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Go ahead

Day 2: Let angry people endure the backlash of their own anger;
if you try to make it better, you'll only make it worse.

Runescape Pro
12-22-2007, 04:10 PM
Good quotes. They are simple yet have powerful meanings.

Hobbit
12-23-2007, 06:48 AM
I cant remember if I already posted today or not...
But w/e extra one can't hurt

Day 3: A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows the public opinion.

Rikje
12-23-2007, 12:33 PM
no hobbit its you're first one today. but its a nice one!

Hobbit
12-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Don't worry, They will be here unless I forget or die, but if I forget it will probably come next day.

Day 4: To believe in one's dreams is to spend all of one's life asleep.

Hobbit
12-24-2007, 12:12 AM
Sure :)

And just for kicks this sorta relates to your idea..

Day 4 (bonus :p): A child's life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark.

Now you can leave a mark by answering questions:rolleyes: :D

Hobbit
12-24-2007, 12:38 AM
Lol okie dokie, Maybe I'll do a few more then just one a day if I'm in the mood, but 1 keeps it suspenseful ;)

Day 4 (bonus #2): A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.

Link me here to your thread

GoF
12-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Do you make those up or are you googling them or just copying off some quote site :p

Hobbit
12-25-2007, 09:03 AM
Day 5: Don't question the hand that feeds you

Kinda made that one up.. :p (changed it)

lalahaf
12-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Very deep quotes
I subscribed :p

Hobbit
12-25-2007, 09:12 PM
Day 6: Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Markus
12-25-2007, 10:57 PM
Day 6: Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

I like it ;)

Subscribed

Hobbit
12-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Mod: Hobbit
Why: He is really cool? And he will ban me if I don't say this. :D (Hobbit edit: Dang rights i will ;) j/k)(Sum edit: I can ban too ..)

ROFL I Didn't see Sum's edit :p

I was surprised how many votes I got :)

And some are my own, I've made 2 of my own in here

Here is another one

day 7: If you question the judgment of those above you, you also question the ones who are above them who placed them above you. Then you have a lot of powerful enemies :eek:

Negaal
12-27-2007, 04:39 AM
Hmm, I know why he posts them 1 by 1 - he wants to get postcount up! :P joking...not...not not...

Else they have really deep meaning... like taken from bible...(i didn't know did i spelled right)

Hobbit
12-27-2007, 07:58 AM
Day 8: Only the dead have seen the end of the war. - Plato

I'm gonna start putting who said it (Sometimes it gives it more meaning)
And no its not to get my post count up, if I wanted that I'd post in the "Love" thread as much as I used to. I new quotes on their own post because that way people who are subscribed know when a new one comes.

legendaryhero90
12-28-2007, 12:54 AM
oh i like those quotes! :D

Hobbit
12-28-2007, 01:08 AM
Day 9: War is delightful to those who have not experienced it.
- Erasmus

If you like them don't be afraid to rep :p

Day 10: War is a series of catastrophes which result in victory.
- Georges Clemenceau
(no one posted since day 9 so i cant make new post :eek:)

Hobbit
12-29-2007, 01:01 AM
I did make some of my own, look at first page.

day 11: The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one. - Hobbit

Thread hijacking is when you take over someones thread for another topic. So say you and someone else started talking about cars on this thread, then you've "hijacked" my thread.

And fine I guess I'll double post cause then it will alert the subscribed people (thats my excuse :p)

EvilChicken!
12-29-2007, 01:25 AM
I did make some of my own, look at first page.

day 11: The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one. - Hobbit

Thread hijacking is when you take over someones thread for another topic. So say you and someone else started talking about cars on this thread, then you've "hijacked" my thread.

And fine I guess I'll double post cause then it will alert the subscribed people (thats my excuse :p)

Quote - I liked it, infact, I liked it better than some of the others (bad grammar?) you posted.
DPing - I don't think you should worry about it. This is a special case, not some narb annoying my ass off by triple-posting the same thing.
&&& thanks for explaining the thingy.

Dude, you should put more of yours here.

Hobbit
12-29-2007, 01:27 AM
It takes me a long time to think of stuff like the last one, and its usually when im angered and dealing with people, this time it was yanix on a different account (http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23158?p=307707&post307707)

Hobbit
12-29-2007, 01:51 AM
No just saying it's a service I am providing by posting them

example: Bob's book store, they aren't his books, the just sells them.

And I did post some of my own, and only like 3 have been from world of quotes, all their quotes suck.

Jackrawl
12-29-2007, 04:16 AM
I'm sorry, i understand how frustrating people like that can be.

I, eh, said some stuff to him.
Are you angry because of that only?

And what did Yanix1337 or 1337Yanix do anyway?
Add me on MSN if you want..

He made fun of gay people on CS and a lot of other stuff, apparently. I asked about this myself - it's somewhere on the first page of General News titled 'Yanix'
and trust me. That kid is not 1337 if hes dissing people who hump others on CS.

Hobbit
12-29-2007, 06:06 AM
It was not only that, he has had many previous incidents in the past and his thread discriminating gay people and his sig were what pushed it over the line.

EvilChicken!
12-29-2007, 04:34 PM
It was not only that, he has had many previous incidents in the past and his thread discriminating gay people and his sig were what pushed it over the line.

Mind telling what in is sig it was?

Aaaaad. Quote pl0x?
(Make one yourself! I command you!)

Hobbit
12-29-2007, 08:29 PM
No I have a really good one

Day 12:If you are going to lie, make it as big and as loud as possible, only then will people believe it. - Adolf Hitler

^^ Thats was in my Socials Studies Textbook lol

P1nky
12-29-2007, 10:55 PM
the bird 1 was good !

Hobbit
12-30-2007, 12:05 AM
day 11 bonus : If you go on living with nothing to live for then you can only live on for so long - Hobbit

I had to post it before I forgot it lol

Rikje
12-30-2007, 08:19 AM
Day 12:If you are going to lie, make it as big and as loud as possible, only then will people believe it. - Adolf Hitler

Thats a nice one!

Hobbit
12-30-2007, 09:09 PM
I thought of another one at work this moring

day 12(i think): It is better to die alone and known as a noble person then to die surrounded by many and known as a shallow person -Hobbit

ZaSz
12-30-2007, 09:22 PM
I got 1

You know the saying An eye for an eye? How about you take both eyes and run like hell?

Hobbit
12-30-2007, 09:23 PM
LOL I love it, that made me happy :)

ZaSz
12-30-2007, 09:26 PM
mine did?

Hobbit
12-30-2007, 09:30 PM
I appreciate your honesty :)

Hobbit
12-31-2007, 12:14 AM
day 12 bonus: Rien n'est si dangereux qu'un ignorant ami; Mieux vaudrait un sage ennemi.

Rough translation from french to english

Nothing is so dangerous as an ignorant friend; a wise enemy is worth more.

EvilChicken!
12-31-2007, 08:33 PM
I appreciate your honesty :)

Really?

Not many would. The human mind is designed with selective (if thats the word?) vision/hearing. People only see what they want to, so if you were honest with that statement, I envy you. Because I would probably take the stuff I wrote as an offence towards me if someone wrote what I wrote to you, to me. Yeeeah. So, with other words, I want to be as open-minded as you. =/

day 12 bonus: Rien n'est si dangereux qu'un ignorant ami; Mieux vaudrait un sage ennemi.

Rough translation from french to english

Nothing is so dangerous as an ignorant friend; a wise enemy is worth more.

You "made" it?

I like it, simple still wise and strong.

Hobbit
12-31-2007, 08:45 PM
I didn't make it, I think it was Napoleon. It was my great grandpa's favorite quote.

day 13: Let us have a care not to disclose our hearts to those who shut up theirs against us -Francis Beaumont

NiCbaZ
01-01-2008, 11:04 AM
i love that one keep theese up there realy nice.

Hobbit
01-01-2008, 03:39 PM
day 14: Maturity is not being serious all the time, it's knowing when to be. - Hobbit

Jackrawl
01-01-2008, 04:06 PM
I think you should make a quote up that recognizes the greatness of triple posting on a members application.

Hobbit
01-01-2008, 05:36 PM
:cartman: I'll have to think about that one o.O

IEatJ00erBaybees
01-02-2008, 04:56 AM
LOL. Hobbit's a girl.

Hobbit
01-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Day something..
k forget the days im not keeping track anymore :p

It is impossible for justice to exist when there is nothing to justify-Hobbit

That doesn't seem right, I can't quite remember how I worded it, I'll edit if I remember

Hobbit
01-04-2008, 04:41 AM
Lol I think this one applys to Benland

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line. -Oscar Levant

ZaSz
01-04-2008, 05:56 AM
He who thinks last, copies he who is before him. - Zasz

My when ever i might do it post bonus!
I hate quotations. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hobbit
01-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Do not bite at the bait of pleasure till you know there is no hook beneath it. -Thomas Jefferson

I'll try to post some more of my own when I feel better, but for now you get other peoples.

BenLand100
01-05-2008, 01:14 AM
Lol I think this one applys to Benland

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line. -Oscar Levant
Never admit to being crazy, its much more fun to watch people pretend you are. There's always the added benefit of staying out of an asylum. :rolleyes:

Hobbit
01-05-2008, 05:37 PM
There is no kind of dishonesty into which, otherwise good people, more easily and frequently fall, than that of defrauding the government. -Benjamin Franklin

EvilChicken!
01-05-2008, 11:05 PM
There is no kind of dishonesty into which, otherwise good people, more easily and frequently fall than that of defrauding the government. -Benjamin Franklin

Fall for, right?

You find the good ones all the time. Good job.

Oddjob.

Hobbit
01-06-2008, 08:51 AM
No it's correct, I think it may have been missing a comma. It is worded a bit awkwardly.

A good listener is not only popular everywhere, but after a while he gets to know something. -Wilson Mizner

legendaryhero90
01-06-2008, 06:44 PM
No it's correct, I think it may have been missing a comma. It is worded a bit awkwardly.

A good listener is not only popular everywhere, but after a while he gets to know something. -Wilson Mizner

not true.

im a good listener but im rarely looked up to. :mad:

the second half is true though :p

Hobbit
01-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Didn't say looked up to, says popular :p

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress. -John Adams

LOL I like this one ^^

legendaryhero90
01-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Didn't say looked up to, says popular :p

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress. -John Adams

LMAO!!! :cartman:

a very twisted quote but true in some ways.

Dudenow12
01-07-2008, 06:01 AM
Wow Hobbit these are really good quotes, I like them a lot. :)

I really like your sig (hilarious), I really like that web comic :)

Hobbit
01-08-2008, 02:43 AM
Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric. -Bertrand Russell

@Dude
Thanks and I like my sig too :p <3 cyanide & Happiness

legendaryhero90
01-08-2008, 05:41 AM
Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric. -Bertrand Russell

gotta love that one because its true through out times. :cartman:

EvilChicken!
01-08-2008, 02:21 PM
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Dave/comiccarrots1.png

I love Cyanide&Happiness too. ^^

Liked your last quote by the way.

BobboHobbo
01-09-2008, 05:52 AM
I got one

BH: If your gonna fart make it loud and point to the right.

Hobbit
01-09-2008, 06:42 AM
It is a profitable thing, if one is wise, to seem foolish. -Aeschylus

:eek: I almost missed today because of work, but i still got an hour and 15 min to spare, my time anyways :p

Negaal
01-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Peoples never change - Truth

mhhh...
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5279/norepmy5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Hobbit
01-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Make sure you have finished speaking before your audience has finished listening. -Dorothy Sarnoff

@Negaal
Dang :p

Jackrawl
01-10-2008, 01:17 AM
Peoples never change - Truth

mhhh...
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5279/norepmy5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Can you add rep to banned people if they make you laugh?

Dudenow12
01-10-2008, 01:52 AM
"Be more concerned with your character rather than your reputation ,your character is what you really are,while your reputation is merely what others think you are"

I don't know who said it but I thought it was pretty good :)

Hobbit
01-12-2008, 06:03 AM
Failure is not the only punishment for laziness; there is also the success of others. -Jules Renard

Hobbit
01-13-2008, 08:21 AM
Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose. -Evan Esar

Jackrawl
01-13-2008, 06:12 PM
What if you die?

Hobbit
01-14-2008, 12:51 AM
People will remember you by your character.

When we were children, we used to think that when we were grown-up we would no longer be vulnerable. But to grow up is to accept vulnerability... To be alive is to be vulnerable. -Madeleine L'Engle

legendaryhero90
01-14-2008, 02:16 AM
People will remember yo by your character.

When we were children, we used to think that when we were grown-up we would no longer be vulnerable. But to grow up is to accept vulnerability... To be alive is to be vulnerable. -Madeleine L'Engle

i never thought of it that way when i was growing up lol :garfield:

footballjds
01-14-2008, 08:16 PM
NiCe ThReAd HoBbIt! :D i like they quotes!
keep it up!!!

Jackrawl
01-15-2008, 12:13 AM
People will remember you by your character.

What if they don't remember your character?

Hobbit
01-15-2008, 03:47 AM
Who you are as a person, as in if you are trustworthy, good, bad, mean, selfish, helpful, etc, are all your character. So if the don't remember you by your character they can only then remember you as how you looked and your name. I have a feeling your rebuttal to that would be "What about if they remember what you did". What you do, and what you make of your life as a person creates who your are...which is... your character.

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do. -Walter Bagehot

Hobbit
01-16-2008, 05:06 AM
Go ahead :)

There is no moral precept that does not have something inconvenient about it. -Denis Diderot

Hobbit
01-17-2008, 06:36 AM
It means that nothing that is morally right is convenient

We may lay in a stock of pleasures, as we would lay in a stock of wine; but if we defer tasting them too long, we shall find that both are soured by age. -Charles Caleb Colton

The I put newer on in my sig :p

Hobbit
01-18-2008, 05:34 AM
There is nobody so irritating as somebody with less intelligence and more sense than we have. -Don Herold

Jackrawl
01-18-2008, 06:30 PM
There is nobody so irritating as somebody with less intelligence and more sense than we have. -Don Herold

That is so true.

Hobbit
01-19-2008, 01:29 AM
Should I know who Don Herold is?
Is he famous for something big?
Is he famous at all?

He is sort of..
He was a popular writer and cartoonist.
Don Herold (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Herold)
Not all of them are overly famous.

You better know who this is... ;)

To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. -Thomas A. Edison

R0b0t1
01-19-2008, 05:04 AM
Welcome to the internet, where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

I Lol'ed when I saw that on google, I siggified it.

Hobbit
01-19-2008, 07:53 AM
woot i just made this one

It is never safe to speculate on that of which you do not know.

If you aren't SRL member the "Original quote" link won't work for you...not that any of you read this...

EvilChicken!
01-19-2008, 09:01 AM
...not that any of you read this...

I read yours every day, and I've liked every single one that you've posted this week (and maybe the week before). I just don't want to spam your threads saying "z0mg niiice i like dat".

If you understand what I mean.

Hobbit
01-20-2008, 06:40 AM
No no, I mean for non SRL Members cause if they tried to follow the link it wouldn't allow them cause its in members section

Familiarity breeds contempt. -Mark Twain

Daniel
01-21-2008, 03:52 AM
Ohhh. You're not using my forums for your daily quoting :redface:.

Besides, where do you get all these quotes from anyway? I highly doubt you have a library in your house full of books that contain this sort of information.

EvilChicken!
01-21-2008, 02:03 PM
Ohhh. You're not using my forums for your daily quoting :redface:.

Besides, where do you get all these quotes from anyway? I highly doubt you have a library in your house full of books that contain this sort of information.

<www.worldofquotes.com>

No hyperlink for you, you need to highlight it, copy and then paste it into the adress bar.

Burn some calories, young man.

L3ss Than 33
01-21-2008, 05:34 PM
www.worldofquotes.com

No hyperlink for you, you need to highlight it, copy and then paste it into the adress bar.

Burn some calories, young man.

?!? You did hyperlink it. Did he seriously just copy all of these quotes from that site? lol.

Hobbit
01-22-2008, 05:05 AM
There i un-hyperlinked ;)

No I don't use that site
I use a different one sometimes, but actually I do have books of quotes by famous people and thats usually where I get them.

The important thing is this: to be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become. -Charles Du Bos

^^ Thats my French teachers great Grandfather

And I will start using it once i have more time, i ripped apart my calf muscles last night in a soccer game so its kinda hard for me to get around and get things done...

Hobbit
01-23-2008, 05:34 AM
I get a lot of cracks about my hair, mostly from men who don't have any. -Ann Richards

Hobbit
01-24-2008, 06:25 AM
The only thing that sustains one through life is the consciousness of the immense inferiority of everybody else, and this is a feeling that I have always cultivated. -Oscar Wilde

EvilChicken!
01-24-2008, 09:01 AM
"Beginnings are often scary, endings are often sad, but it's the middle that counts. You should remember that when you find yourself at the beginning."

Not mine. I just forgot mine. It wasn't good anyway. But I got an idea.
Could you allow me t post random stuff in(/on?) this thread at random times?

Like, other quotes, pics, links to vids..?

Hobbit
01-24-2008, 03:22 PM
There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened. -Douglas Adams

Ok but don't like rape it with stuff

EvilChicken!
01-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Thanks! And by the way, I liked the last quote of yours.

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2606/1199614367804wt1dt7.jpg
Originally posted by c0de, this made me laugh for almost 5 minutes. And it still does.

Gumleren
01-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Dude, that's just weird. Plain weird! Funny stuff.

Neat, stuff, Hobbit. Great quotes, I'd say!

Hobbit
01-27-2008, 06:29 AM
The only real prison is fear, and the only real freedom is freedom from fear. -Aung San Suu Kyi

-------------------

People will always take up the slack you give them, and if you pull the rope tight and very soon after let it out again, they will take it and mock your authority and keep taking more until it is too late and your dog is ran over by a truck. -Hobbit

A metaphorically thing I made up to give my point in a "Higher ups" discussion about some things..

-------------------

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -George Bernard Shaw

Hobbit
01-27-2008, 09:03 PM
From now on I'll merge previous posts but still post a new one for you subscribers who want the email.
Unless someone has posted since my last post then I don't need to.

It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time. -Sir Winston Churchill

L3ss Than 33
01-27-2008, 09:15 PM
I like that last one. =]
It applies to us autoers in more ways than one. BTW, I visit your thread everyday for these haha.

Wanted
01-27-2008, 10:32 PM
It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
-Harry S. Truman.

Personal favorite:

A mind... once stretched... can never return to its original dimensions...

Hobbit
01-29-2008, 05:24 PM
A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight and understanding. -Herbert Marshall McLuhen

------------------------

Yes, we have to divide up our time like that, between our politics and our equations. But to me our equations are far more important, for politics are only a matter of present concern. A mathematical equation stands forever. -Albert Einstein

Hobbit
01-30-2008, 10:48 PM
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper. -Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

EvilChicken!
01-31-2008, 12:06 PM
Good quotes. Great quotes.

I need to write something about something. And. I need a subject.
Have a good one? (Preferably nothing too serious.)

ANd update your sig. 3.14 is out now, rights?

Jackrawl
02-03-2008, 12:41 AM
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper. -Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

Are you a Muslim?

L3ss Than 33
02-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Are you a Muslim?

He gets these from insightful quote books that he has.
Don't judge.

EvilChicken!
02-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Hey. Hobbit.
Whats happening?

I need quotes ASAP. Please, dude.
I enjoy reading theese.

coo too
02-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Good lines with real meanings lol

Dudenow12
02-11-2008, 05:37 AM
Hey. Hobbit.
Whats happening?

I need quotes ASAP. Please, dude.
I enjoy reading theese.

I think he is in the process of getting a new computer cause his old one broke and he should be back in a few weeks, I think.

Here's a good quote I found (not that deep but it'll make you smile :))

Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein. - Joe Theismann

phoenixlament
02-12-2008, 06:13 AM
refer to signature -

Hobbit
02-19-2008, 02:22 AM
I think he is in the process of getting a new computer cause his old one broke and he should be back in a few weeks, I think.

Correct

I've snuck on my brothers for today... still week maybe 2 minimum till i get my new one !!! -.-

RAM
02-19-2008, 02:27 AM
Confucius Say: "Man who goes to Bed with an Itchy Butt, wakes with Stinky Finger"

[-jesus-]
02-19-2008, 09:23 PM
Confucius Say: "Man who goes to Bed with an Itchy Butt, wakes with Stinky Finger"

Rofl, nice nice :). (plz tell me he didn't rly say that!)

░░░░░
02-25-2008, 08:59 PM
i got this one from school... by some old pholosipher guy...forgot his name...

Even a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.

Lee Lok Hin
02-27-2008, 11:17 AM
^ That one is from a book called The Dragon Keeper

How about this?

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

SRL?

I am a magician now!!! o.O

TViYH
02-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Love is grand; Divorce is 100 grand.

StrikerX
03-03-2008, 06:44 AM
hehe i got 2

1: If nothing changed we would not realize how beautiful things really are...

2: We dont really appreciate how good things are.......until we have lost them.

Hope you like them.

kingarabian
03-04-2008, 07:50 AM
If drink&driving is illegal, how come there are parking lots in bars?

Hobbit
03-07-2008, 12:31 AM
HEY IM BACK!!!!

So seeing as its my first quote since a month ago i thought id go with a funny one

This is a funny "Chinese" proverb

Virginity like bubble, one prick all gone.

Brain
03-07-2008, 12:45 AM
rofl, this is the first time i've seen this section, im subscribing :)

Hobbit
03-08-2008, 07:08 PM
A witty saying proves nothing. -Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

Hobbit
03-09-2008, 05:25 PM
The more original a discovery, the more obvious it seems afterwards.
-Arthur Koestler

kelly slater pro surfer
03-10-2008, 12:53 AM
omg those are good and really deep

Brain
03-10-2008, 01:54 AM
The more original a discovery, the more obvious it seems afterwards.
-Arthur Koestler

lol, thats on my google "Quotes of the Day" app too :p

Hobbit
03-10-2008, 03:29 AM
Google??

I'm getting these from a book i have

Never mind what should be, or what might be, or what ought to be. It's what things are that's important.

Brain
03-10-2008, 03:36 AM
oh wow....than its some crazy super coincidence!! i love it when stuff like that happens :) (i know it sounds like sarcasm...but its not!)

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh208/brainanator/untitled-1.jpg

xxmynameisjohnxx
03-10-2008, 04:03 AM
Awesome quotes.
subscribed.

Hobbit
03-11-2008, 11:44 PM
How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it.
-Marcus Aurelius

drizzt
03-12-2008, 12:29 AM
I know this isn't the "Miscellanious Quotes" thread, but i saw this one and it reminded me of a pretty good one i once read

I got 1

You know the saying An eye for an eye? How about you take both eyes and run like hell?

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Mahatma Ghandi

mixster
03-12-2008, 01:59 PM
I always though an eye for an eye made both people cyclops. Anyway, awesome quotes hobbit, subscribed for life. Also, feel free to use the one in my sig (came up with it while writing English coursework about medieval poetry).

Dracody
03-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Awsome , I suscribed this thread, like it pretty much :p

Hobbit
03-14-2008, 11:04 PM
A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

If you didn't understand what he ment by a bit of colored ribbon, he was meaning a metal.
------------------------------------------------
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
-Winston Churchill

░░░░░
03-16-2008, 05:48 PM
A chain is only as strong as its weakest link ~Unknown

Hobbit
03-17-2008, 12:05 AM
A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.
-Francis Bacon

Special Ed
03-17-2008, 02:30 AM
Although I know its your "Quote Thread" Hobbit but my Signature is probably one of the best quotes (from a book) that I've heard.

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool." - Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander

Hobbit
03-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Why do people think I'm the only one allowed to post quotes? :confused:

Until you value yourself, you won't value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
-M. Scott Peck

░░░░░
03-18-2008, 12:08 AM
Keep your eyes to the sunshine and you will never see the shadows. ~Helen Keller

the funny part is that Helen Keller was blind...

Hobbit
03-18-2008, 06:51 PM
All great movements are popular movements. They are the volcanic eruptions of human passions and emotions, stirred into activity by the ruthless Goddess of Distress or by the torch of the spoken word cast into the midst of the people.
-Adolf Hitler

EvilChicken!
03-19-2008, 01:12 AM
- I've stopped drinking, but only when I'm asleep.

- I spent a lot of money on booze, women and cars. The rest I just spent on crap.

- We made a lot of faulty mistakes.

- Half of the lies they're telling me are untrue!

- Noone ever goes there anymore, its too crowded.

- Never answer an anonymus letter.

- We've already extincted the Sperm Whale twice.

- I'm for a stricter death penalty.

- Please inform the troops that all communication methods are out of order.

All theese are by George Bush. Need I say more?

Will be back with more.
Hobbit, keep it up and thanks for posting on my thread.

Hobbit
03-19-2008, 01:31 AM
Person who post click cash ad get temp ban
-Hobbit

Hehehehe I though I'd make that up in light of the recent rule change (Read announcement)

EvilChicken!
03-19-2008, 11:02 AM
Person who post click cash ad get temp ban
-Hobbit

Hehehehe I though I'd make that up in light of the recent rule change (Read announcement)

Ugh, brotha'!

- I think war is a dangerous place
- The future will be better tomorrow
- I think war is a dangerous place
- George Walker Bush

(I finally remembered them.)

Hobbit
03-19-2008, 04:04 PM
The victor will never be asked if he told the truth.
-Adolf Hitler

--------------------------------------------

Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.
-Adolf Hitler

Dudenow12
03-21-2008, 02:58 AM
Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.
-Adolf Hitler

I've heard that one before, very good.

One of the best movie quotes ever. lol.

"I... drink... your... milkshake!" - Daniel Plainview (There Will Be Blood - 2007)

Hobbit
03-27-2008, 04:57 PM
A sense is what has the power of receiving into itself the sensible forms of things without the matter, in the way in which a piece of wax takes on the impress of a signet-ring without the iron or gold.
-Aristotle

Main
03-27-2008, 09:08 PM
theres never a higher note, it just keeps on going
-Jasha hiefitz

smithsps
03-31-2008, 11:47 PM
I came, I saw, and I was scared.
-Smithsps

Special Ed
04-02-2008, 12:20 AM
"The Hacker Manifesto

by
+++The Mentor+++
Written January 8, 1986

Another one got caught today, it's all over the papers. "Teenager Arrested in Computer Crime Scandal", "Hacker Arrested after Bank Tampering"...

Damn kids. They're all alike.

But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain, ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker? Did you ever wonder what made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him?

I am a hacker, enter my world...

Mine is a world that begins with school... I'm smarter than most of the other kids, this crap they teach us bores me...

Damn underachiever. They're all alike.

I'm in junior high or high school. I've listened to teachers explain for the fifteenth time how to reduce a fraction. I understand it. "No, Ms. Smith, I didn't show my work. I did it in my head..."

Damn kid. Probably copied it. They're all alike.

I made a discovery today. I found a computer. Wait a second, this is cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me... Or feels threatened by me.. Or thinks I'm a smart ass.. Or doesn't like teaching and shouldn't be here...

Damn kid. All he does is play games. They're all alike.

And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict's veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. "This is it... this is where I belong..." I know everyone here... even if I've never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...

Damn kid. Tying up the phone line again. They're all alike...

You bet your ass we're all alike... we've been spoon-fed baby food at school when we hungered for steak... the bits of meat that you did let slip through were pre-chewed and tasteless. We've been dominated by sadists, or ignored by the apathetic. The few that had something to teach found us willing pupils, but those few are like drops of water in the desert.

This is our world now... the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud. We make use of a service already existing without paying for what could be dirt-cheap if it wasn't run by profiteering gluttons, and you call us criminals. We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge... and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias... and you call us criminals. You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals.

Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.

I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop this individual, but you can't stop us all... after all, we're all alike."

Although this may not apply to all of you it really says a lot to those of us who it does.

Hobbit
07-08-2008, 05:15 AM
If a man does his best, what else is there?
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)

YES THAT RIGHT!

Hobbit's Daily Quotes are back!

Special bonus quote

Political correctness is tyranny with manners.
- Charlton Heston (1924-)

Ejjman
07-09-2008, 06:22 AM
Special Ed, Hackers Manifesto = most sexy thing ever. I thank you for making this post, that was amazing.

I know you didn't write it, but just posting it still is awesome.

Waddo
07-09-2008, 07:44 AM
My favourite quote is actually part of a poem

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Santa_Clause
07-14-2008, 07:18 AM
My favourite quote is actually part of a poem

Ofcourse...I read that poem. It's about the journey of life :D

Waddo
07-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Yes its a really neat piece of work. (I had a massive urge to say pie instead of work then hmm I wonder why. . .I'm hungry)