PDA

View Full Version : "To read the stickies, or not to? That is the question."

n3ss3s
12-23-2007, 08:59 PM
You, you there in the back seat, applying for members, eh?

I have a question for you - did you read the stickies?

Yes? No?

Why no?

You wanted to apply quick and try if you could get in with pure hope?

Lets see, you make a script, you think its decent and you decide to apply with it.

Maybe the problem is in our idea about decent.

What does it mean to you?

To you it means an array of a record type copied from some other script - don't try bullshitting me, you didn't write your declareplayers by your own hands.

Well maybe you should've have a look into core\users.scar, so you would notice you could've get some extra points from cleaner script by using the SRLPlayerForm that is ubercool and takes just one line.

Well nah?

You like to type the char names between " ' " 's?

Well, that doesn't matter, but what made you not to finish your script properly?

Because that matters.

Well how was your object finding?

Did you find something?

Well which is more familiar to you, FindColor, or FindColorsSpiralTolerance?

Just if you would've read the stickies, you would know that the script has to be complex.

Well how complex is this FindColor?

Complex as 7 arguments and a result. Not bad for your first script is it?

But the bad thing is that you used your first script in your SRL Membership Application.

Please read all the info about what with to apply for SRL Members before applying!

My sticky about the subject: http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19941

Boreas' sticky about the subject: http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3562?t=4302

I highly suggest reading the stuff Boreas is talking about there, and think every thing he mentioned there.

Thank you, happy applying.

LordGregGreg
12-23-2007, 10:04 PM
much agreed.

and i didnt know about the srl player form, thats really cool :D

ill be sure to mention that to anyone who doesnt use it in their app.

n3ss3s
12-24-2007, 10:30 PM
Lol, just thought that maybe some kind of php script could check if the script contains "NextPlayer"s, "dtm"s since they have to mention that in DTMFromString etc :)

Hobbit
12-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Stickied :p :rolleyes: ;)

n3ss3s
12-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Lol, frustrations tend to get stickified around the BBQ section :p :rolleyes: ;)

EDIT: Stickycount++

yanix
01-13-2008, 02:54 PM
this might be grave diggning but i say.. read em all..

EvilChicken!
01-13-2008, 03:43 PM
this might be grave diggning but i say.. read em all..

That is called "spamming", my friend.

n3ss3s
01-13-2008, 07:56 PM
@EvilChicken: Don't you hate it when you tell someone to not to spam, and you feel like there is nothing you could add to your post and have the chance that someone calls THAT spam?

No, I'm not calling it spam, just asking...

R0b0t1
01-13-2008, 11:32 PM
Spam. It's canned meat.

It's great fried, by the way.

red eyes 20
02-12-2008, 03:21 PM
yeah i read stickies, but i find the srl player form annoying to use instead of typing in between the "''"'s lol. any ways i don't script, or play rs any more(as of now, that is)
but i DO read stickies, their useually of interest. hehe

richk1693
02-13-2008, 02:09 AM
I find it incredibly ironic that this thread is stickied. Are you really going to get people who don't read stickies to read them with a sticky?

Pure1993
02-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Haha, damn, I almost chocked, I laughed so hard when I read your comment richk. XD
Oh yeah, this thread reminds me to tell JAD to add me to his list of: "people who became members after reading this tut". Well, time to do that. Oh, btw: I read every single sticky in the beginners and intermediate section before applying. And guess what? I got in on the first try. :D

n3ss3s
02-15-2008, 08:23 PM
I find it incredibly ironic that this thread is stickied. Are you really going to get people who don't read stickies to read them with a sticky?

Let's see...

a) I didn't sticky it
b) I just posted something to the bbq
c) Then Hobbit stickied it
d) Hermpie don't even think about doing what you are going to :D

Drew_Dawg
02-27-2008, 11:46 PM
the title is catchy

and are you really saying i can't apply to members with my auto spammer? that isn't good enough? :confused:

(i don't have an auto spammer, or else i totally would :D ) just kiddin just kiddin

n3ss3s
02-29-2008, 05:32 PM
Hmm, when I was just starting in the RuneScape 2 Autoing scene, in Sythe, there was a thread "Let's make 10000000E80 posts" (not rly that much but anyway), I made an auto poster there, it actually got some popularity if I remember right :)

Note: Sythe's spam section you get no post count up in, do not attempt the same here.