PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft (WoW) Addon creation?

Narcle
12-25-2007, 08:13 AM
Well first was curious of those who also play WoW.

I was wondering if anyone in the SRL community has made a add on for WoW? As I'm trying to learn how to make a stand alone add on. I don't want to use Ace or Ace2 at this time.

What program can be used to make a add-on. Do you need C or Delphi or something of the sort? Maybe even Netbeans or is there a tool Blizzard has provided? If you have any links to forums or website(s) that does add-on development, a link would be much appreciated.

JuKKa
12-25-2007, 11:15 AM
I play wow and i kinda see addons as useless. Mostly useless.

King of Knives
12-25-2007, 01:16 PM
All I know is that the Addons are ending on .lua or something. I don't know what programming languages cover .lua files, but try asking BenLand or Freddy.

-Knives

JuKKa
12-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Just google this its the easiest way and the fastest. :google: :google: :google: :google:

Benland and freddy doesnt know everything and i highly doubt that they know this (except if they play wow).

GoF
12-25-2007, 02:00 PM

They're kinda necessary IMO.. Or there's loads of useless ones, but there's also ones you can't live without.

Narcle
12-26-2007, 12:12 AM

Are you kidding? Are you sure you play WoW? Addons is almost a must have, and in end game raiding you can't raid without them.

Yes... I have been googling addon making... still looking been 3 days now of searching.

Going to try .lua file type next I guess...