PDA

View Full Version : How to not get "hacked"

hxax
09-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Identifying a trojan, getting a stable anti virus up, getting around.
By HxaX

1. Intro

- Hey, I hate being a leecher all the time so I decided to write this up. It's not always 100% Accurate but it gets the word out. I love this community and wanted to contribute to it. So what better way than to help a few noobs out on how not to get trojanned.

2. Trojans

I am not a programmer, but a trojan in general is known as the Trojan Horse. Once you execute the trojan, it hides in your system registry under several lines of coding, It then sends acess to a user any acess to your Notepads, config files, and whatever you type!

Trojans are VERY Hard to get rid of, even with a anti virus your still at large to newly written ones not updated in the virus database.

3. Identifying a trojan.

If you don't have a anti virus and you macro, download programs regulary, chances are you will get a trojan.

Trojan commonly run under the extension .exe

Before EVER OPening a file, if it's say, a auto fighter for runescape.

That file should at least 100 or more KB. (Now I noticed, sythe's autofighter is 30 KB, well, some programs don't need very many lines of coding to use like his). However, this applys to most programs you download on the internet.

*NOTE, those with new anti virus, updated, think there safe, well your really not, a friend of mines writes trojans for fun, and he can easily get it past your anti virus.

If you double click and run the program, and it dissappears, and NOTHING comes up on your screen, your trojanned, simple.

However, if a RUNETIME error comes in when you run the program, your not trojanned, your comp is just shitty :)

4. If you have a trojan your options.

1. If you OBTAINED And EXECUTED a trojan WITHOUT A anti virus, you may be in luck. Download (Avast.com) avast home edition, it's a free anti virus and gets the job done.

2. If you OBTAINED and a NOT EXECUTED A trojan, DELETE IT FROM YOUR COMPUTER, do not leave it running for parents, brothers, cousins, to run the program, or you acidently running it later..

3. If you OBTAINED and EXECUTED a trojan WITH a anti-virus then I would consider cutting over your internet connection and reformatting.

Getting rid of a trojan with a anti virus, your chances are 0, my uncle and I spent a weekend trying to get rid of a newly written one that bypassed the best anti virus and couln't get it off his asp servers. So we had to reformat :/

5. AVAST.COM!!

Avast provides great anti virus, just go to avast.com and download home edition.

Then find the link where it says Register free. It will ask you for a valid email and name, and it's easy as that.

I hope this tutorial was useful :( I didn't have much time to write it up, please don't post anything bad, (Like swear at me >.<)

Thanks guys <3 SRL

Covert
09-23-2006, 09:32 PM
my uncle and I spent a weekend trying to get rid of a newly written one that bypassed the best anti virus and couln't get it off his asp servers.<3 SRL

What anti-virus?

And another thing, if you have Norton Internet Security (http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoffice/products/overview.jsp?pcid=is&pvid=nis2007)That looks at .exe and .bat files to see if they delete/change

sytem files, and checks the ports they try to access and where they go to if

they access the internet, if a program is trying to access a server commonly used

by trojans, norton blocks it from all ports, shuts it down, and deletes it.

And Spyware Sweeper deos the same, So you don't really need this tutorial,

just get SpySweeper (http://www.webroot.com/consumer/products/spysweeper/) & Norton Internet Security (http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoffice/products/overview.jsp?pcid=is&pvid=nis2007)

Yakman
09-23-2006, 10:37 PM
However, if a RUNETIME error comes in when you run the program, your not trojanned, your comp is just shitty

lol :D

nice tutoral, its very clear, you have put the enter key to good use :spot:

JAD
02-16-2007, 10:13 PM
yeah if you have norton usually it will stop all viruses, and all you have to do is virus scan a file to see if it has a Trojan no? anyway, not a bad tut.

takeNout
02-16-2007, 11:38 PM
The guide is pretty good and it is presented in a clear form.
Though all you really need to avoid trojans is common sense...the links that people click on without even knowing what it is, is crazy.

Smartzkid
02-17-2007, 12:28 AM
My preferred av: Nod32
Also: allways upload any susopect files to virusscan.jotti.org (virusscan.jotti.org/), it scans the file with 15 different av scanners.
F-Secure 'Blacklight' can be a big help when dealing with rootkits, which are somewhat like trojans (to put it simply)

darkbrother
10-27-2007, 06:21 PM
Nice tut,, you said if u got a trojan and you have a anti virus program u can just cut ur internet but what with avast? that is a anti virus program not?
Always before i download i use QArchive scanner addon for firefox,
https://addons.mozilla.org/da/firefox/addon/4115 and use NOD32 or kaskersky7
Qarchive is working stupid but first download Find a file u went to scan, left click and check files with Qarchive, Now go to full virus report, inset your email -> Press back -> go into virus report again and the file(S) are scanned
very great addon!

iwannabeacheat
10-31-2007, 09:56 AM
thanx for the info m8 :)

Zezi
10-31-2007, 11:50 PM
Is a trojan horse, exactly the same as keylogger? But better? :S

BKNYKavkaz
11-01-2007, 12:19 AM
What anti-virus?

And another thing, if you have Norton Internet Security (http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoffice/products/overview.jsp?pcid=is&pvid=nis2007)That looks at .exe and .bat files to see if they delete/change

sytem files, and checks the ports they try to access and where they go to if

they access the internet, if a program is trying to access a server commonly used

by trojans, norton blocks it from all ports, shuts it down, and deletes it.

And Spyware Sweeper deos the same, So you don't really need this tutorial,

just get SpySweeper (http://www.webroot.com/consumer/products/spysweeper/) & Norton Internet Security (http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoffice/products/overview.jsp?pcid=is&pvid=nis2007)

Well that is surprising. A lot of people despise Norton and say that it does not help. I personally use AVG. Comparing it to Norton, I think AVG is better.

armin
02-06-2008, 12:26 AM
My preferred av: Nod32
Also: allways upload any susopect files to virusscan.jotti.org (virusscan.jotti.org/), it scans the file with 15 different av scanners.
F-Secure 'Blacklight' can be a big help when dealing with rootkits, which are somewhat like trojans (to put it simply)

yea thats the same 1 i use..just got it a couple days ago :D

Btw..nice guide..i think u saved my other comps ass :):spot:

JAD
02-06-2008, 12:35 AM
yea thats the same 1 i use..just got it a couple days ago :D

Btw..nice guide..i think u saved my other comps ass :):spot:

Bump much?

GoF
02-07-2008, 01:56 PM
What anti-virus?

Norton fails.

jamesh1002
03-19-2008, 08:53 AM
awesome topic man!:D this is really usefull.

FagetHax0r
03-19-2008, 09:23 AM
AVG Sucks really Somethimes its very good but it just deleted everything thats need to be Executed or make's Connection The last day I Scanned with AVG 1 Virus found i scanned with Hitman or something 19 Infections founds 2 Trojans 17 Spyware's

So I Say Use Hitman too Hitman is for Spyware and Trojans ETC

stuffs
12-05-2008, 11:08 PM
View Post
However, if a RUNETIME error comes in when you run the program, your not trojanned, your comp is just shitty
This isn't necessarily true, the trojan can give you a fake runtime error mesage.

wietzuh
12-06-2008, 09:26 AM
Well, this guide is basic, but for some people very useful.

runeman666
02-26-2009, 10:35 PM
thanks, very useful